Thread: Workers charged in Boardman nursing home death

Workers charged in Boardman nursing home death

BOARDMAN, Ohio (WKBN) ? Prosecutors in Boardman say three nursing home workers made a mistake with drugs and a patient died because of it.

The death at the center of the case happened in 2015 at Greenbriar Healthcare Center in Boardman.

It took the Ohio Attorney General?s Office the next two years to put together its case, and now investigators are charging those that they say are responsible.

Assistant Mahoning County Prosecutor Michael McBride said the Greenbriar patient died after the employees gave him the wrong drug and then tried to treat his overdose on their own.

?We believe, and actually the coroner?s report indicates, it actually caused the death of this gentleman,? McBride said.

Johonna Hull, 28, of East Liverpool, was arrested and charged with abuse of a patient and tampering with medical records.

Brenda Lamancusa is also charged with patient abuse. Another person, who hasn?t yet been arrested, also faces charges.

The victim?s identity is being protected under privacy laws.

Complaints from nursing home deaths are investigated by the Attorney General?s Office. McBride said this case involved extensive medical review.

In November of 2015, just after the death, Greenbriar Health Care was placed on a Medicaid ?worst of the worst? watch list.

The state noted several problems with prescription protocols and other issues.

The facility improved enough to be taken off that watch list in February of this year.

McBride said this is the only criminal abuse case that he has handled from the nursing home over the past several years.

Editor?s note: This story is corrected to show that Hull is 28 years old, according to court records and the Licensing Bureau. A police report listed Hull?s age and birthdate, indicating she was 18.
    http://wkbn.com/2017/06/27/workers-c...ng-home-death/

I've known Johonna simce she was in middle school. Her older sister was a senior when I was a freshman at the private christian high school I went to. She is really a good, nice person and nurse. Not sure how this happened.

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar
    She probably made a mistake and then tried to fix it on her own. Even nice people do that. Not sure about the cover up attempt though. The worse part of this is, if they had reported the error, and attempted to get the person help, it would have been covered by medical malpractice insurance. I can imagine this is going to weigh on her mind and the mind of the poor persons family for quite a while.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic8247_1.gif

Yeah, a mistake could have been made and she tried to fix it and then since the place is a big garbage fire they had her alter the records. Then again people can change... How recently have you had contact with her?
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Or she could be one of many seemingly professional people that are addicted to pain killers and swapped them out for prescription strength ibuprofen which look very similar to lortabs, lorcet etc. in a heart patient, ibuprofen is deadly which the narcotic/acetaminophen is perfectly safe. Probably reaching here but it could happen
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Yeah, a mistake could have been made and she tried to fix it and then since the place is a big garbage fire they had her alter the records. Then again people can change... How recently have you had contact with her?
    No, it was an accident. Other employees were commenting on the article when it was on Facebook saying that it was accidental.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Ok sorry JuJu, I'm a reaching dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Thread Information