Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: This Thread Sucks: A Thread For People Who Hate The Jodi Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieBelle View Post
    I'm not leaving after Jodi.....wtf, I love it here because of the members, not because of one case!!
    Is Coconut officially gone? I do miss him and his unique style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I like it a lot too. I have a feeling people might leave because they don't feel welcome in the forum.
    I am not going anywhere. In fact, the commentary from Ron and Green Eyes, make me wanna stay all the more. I reached out to a couple of "senior posters" in PM only to find they were two-faced. Imagine that? This kind of stuff happened at my jobs. We would just form a new circle and rejected the staff members that were rejecting us.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post

One good example that I will give somebody if they want to see- Go back 10 pages in the thread. Make note of every post and user that posts. What you will see is a lot of post repeat the same information. (that proves that NOBODY is reading back in threads when there are multiple repeat posts) Bob may post a very good link of an article, but over the coarse of the day, at least 10 other people will post the link like they just found it. Then there are 10 more post quoting that article saying "thanks"- Personally, when somebody posts great information....I just rep them and say thanks in their reps.
    I run out of reps regularly. 15 reps just isnt enough to rep good posts when the thread averages 20 pages a day. By trying to curb smite wars via reducing the total reps, it encouraged posters who were out of reps to post. Go, figure.

Another example- There are some people that post many, many times-pretty much right in a row. I realize some may have a hard time working the quote system, but really, if people are going to join a forum, they should take time to find out how to do things on the forum.
    I know I tried to teach multi-quotes to one poster. I was willing to call his/her ass to help him/her out. But it didnt want to learn, just wanted to post. so now I use the rep system to beg please dont multi-post. Cant do anything about people who are "stuck on stupid".

I know some think the old timers on here are being hard on the Jodi people. Well, that's not exactly true. If you read some of the other "hot" topics on here, you will see sometimes even the old timers get in trouble for acting crazy sometimes.

I actually think the owner/admin/mods/old timers have been very lenient and nice about the Jodi thread. I'm not trying to kiss ass, but just read any other thread. They have all bent over backwards to be accommodating to all the new people in the Jodi thread.
    Though I agree with this, perhaps, just perhaps it isnt good to lenient. I equate this to disciplining a child. If you let them slide, something they will do something worse.

I tried the ignore function, but everyone quoted the ignored poster. What's a girl to do?

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    There are like at least eight actively horrible people that I hate from that thread who are largely banned now because they were total spazzes who couldn't follow any rules and responded to warnings with snide, shitty behavior. But there are a lot of bad things starting up in other threads, especially pEOPLE WHO DO NOT READ THREADS and just post the same shit that's been discussed ages ago.
    I for one appreciate the work that goes into banning eight horrible people. Thank you bowie. Thank you!
    Last edited by Metis212; 05-14-2013 at 01:28 PM. Reason: corrected misspelled words.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Yea, reps don't mean shit now. Motherfuckers that signed up last Monday and have 30 posts are higher than me and bowie.
    This isn't directly related to you. I only quoted because of the rep thing.

But see there were members who were bitching about people clogging up threads and they were encouraged to use the rep system. They did it. People bitched. Sometimes people deserved more than one rep/smite, but there wasn't enough rep/smites given in between, so they commented in a thread. People bitched.

Members were encouraged to use PM's and when this is done, people bitched. PM's are lame, why do people need to use PM's, if you are going to PM someone have the balls to say it on the thread (what if it was off topic that has nothing to do with the forum?), PM's are for circle jerking, on and on and on.

If a newer member says something that butthurts an older member there is hell to pay and they are reminded of the "rules" and given a beating by the older members on what respect is and who's playground they are playing on.

Newer members are expected to accept the snark, but are forbidden to snark back.

If an older member says something to butthurt a newer member, its "Ohhhh, you shoulda seen it in the old days. You couldn't handle hanging with us because we were so much meaner, blah, blah, blah."

*when I say 'people bitched' I mean older members

New members:

This is how it's been and I'm sure it's how it's gonna be. Pick your battles. Most of the people on MDS are great people. Most.

Don't stop posting because some people are assholes.

Just go on about your business and don't pay assholes any mention.

And stop mentioning/comparing Jodi in every thread. No one would know you joined for the JA thread, if you didn't mention it in every gosh darn thread.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

I think the main problem with the Jodi thread is that's it is like a twitter thread. It moves as fast as twitter. Plus, the conversation gets off topic like twitter.
    I've re-read several old threads on here and the one thing that is very clear-it's not cool to make a thread a chat thread. There are so many post per hour-that it is almost impossible to keep up with.

One good example that I will give somebody if they want to see- Go back 10 pages in the thread. Make note of every post and user that posts. What you will see is a lot of post repeat the same information. (that proves that NOBODY is reading back in threads when there are multiple repeat posts) Bob may post a very good link of an article, but over the coarse of the day, at least 10 other people will post the link like they just found it. Then there are 10 more post quoting that article saying "thanks"- Personally, when somebody posts great information....I just rep them and say thanks in their reps.

Another example- There are some people that post many, many times-pretty much right in a row. I realize some may have a hard time working the quote system, but really, if people are going to join a forum, they should take time to find out how to do things on the forum.

I know some think the old timers on here are being hard on the Jodi people. Well, that's not exactly true. If you read some of the other "hot" topics on here, you will see sometimes even the old timers get in trouble for acting crazy sometimes.

I actually think the owner/admin/mods/old timers have been very lenient and nice about the Jodi thread. I'm not trying to kiss ass, but just read any other thread. They have all bent over backwards to be accommodating to all the new people in the Jodi thread.

I would encourage anyone that is new....explore this site. There are some very good threads on here. For real, there is like a thread for everything. BTW, I think there are some wonderful posters in the Jodi thread. Thankfully, I've seen some have ventured out in other threads. If you only post in the Jodi thread, it's really hard to see what you are like if you are mixed in with crazy.

Just my 2 cents as a newbie myself.
    Berm, I always love your posts. I agree, nobody back read, asked the same questions, made the same comments (in example, the sur-rebuttal for the defense guy, forget his name...when he spilled his water, or burped, there probably pages of just "he spilled his water! ZOMG he burped!".

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post

them's the rules for every thread.

anyways... if you had taken time to read the thread, wayyyyy back when i was a semi-regular poster there, you would have seen that i have not always had such a jaded opinion of it. you'd have seen that i contributed many, many on topic posts and i made many, many attempts to ask posters to be civil and polite.

but i'm sure you have no idea about my posting style or my likes and dislikes about the topic because i gave the fuck up after being so frustrated by the lack of adherence to the rules, constant body shaming and general fuckery.

you are one of three posters who have ever smited me. dimples and glasshat... you keep great company.
    Same here. I also couldn't stand the nicknames that were made for everybody on the defense side. Hodi, Stabby, Killer whatever for LaVoilette, Nurmi, Willmot, etc.. I was smited for using the word fuckery in the original thread, and now it's all over the second Jodi thread. My smite was not signed but I have a feeling I know who it was and put that person on ignore. Mind you I was smited for a post in the original thread after it was locked and the second one started. That person was clearly looking for a reason to smite me. And you're right, it's one of the 3 you have noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Metis212 View Post

I know I tried to teach multi-quotes to one poster. I was willing to call his/her ass to help him/her out. But it didnt want to learn, just wanted to post. so now I use the rep system to beg please dont multi-post. Cant do anything about people who are "stuck on stupid".
    I think this statement is kind of unfair. A lot of people post from their cellphones or tablets. Apparently, the quote feature does not work on these. I tried once from my iphone to quote someone and although it showed it to be quoted as I was responding, when it posted it was not. Now, I don't know the situation with the poster you are referring to, but perhaps they were posting from their cell or tablet, so "stuck on stupid" is kind of harsh IMO.

I still lurk on the other Jodi thread. There are some commenters that post useful information and I appreciate that. I just have no interest in the body shaming and other debauchery going on in that thread. I'm more offended by the body shaming I've seen from some of the guys than I am the women in that thread, I guess because I know women are catty like that. I have guy friends IRL who I have never heard body shame a woman so I guess it surprised me to see it here.

I have tried to venture out to other threads, but admit I sometimes get lost in all the sub-categories here. For example, I tried to find the Boston Bombing thread and couldn't find it after I feel like I looked everywhere, and finally found an article on the main page that linked me to the forum. I guess I just need to learn to navigate the site better.
    "so he ejaculated on your face and threw you some candy?"

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Morbid, I wish I could rep you. This board is the same as real life. Some people are assholes and should be avoided. Not everyone is going to like everyone else. That's just the way it is...roll your eyes and move on.

And yes as it was previously mentioned the body shaming in that thread is disgusting. And even if you try to call people out on it, they get extremely nasty and then continue to do so like you never said anything. I just scroll past their bullshit posts now.

Venturing out from the Arias thread. Feeling a bit light-headed. I have found the forum to be fast moving and informative. I often use my iPad but seem to have glitches with log outs. So frustrating when you lose your replies. My laptop seems better but I still have problems. I also try to rep rather than say thanks on the thread as it keeps the pages less cluttered.

All of the posters whom contributed before the trial began have my sincere appreciation. The database was huge and allowed me to learn so much. I have also learnt from newcomers too. The Arias trial has been compelling. There is more to explore than the Arias thread. I hope to do so and keep up with news on the Arias saga. I am a newbie but have learnt from members arriving after me too. You can have the best of both worlds.
    "Ms Arias do you have a problem with your memory? " ....
    ... "Sometimes I lose my memory when mean old men are yellin' at me and grillin' at me and asking me so many questions all the god damn time"
    - Courtney Pauroso 'Aria' Spoof YouTube

This is why we can't have nice things.

NO ONE IS SAYING YOU GUYS ARE INTERESTED BECAUSE SHE IS WHITE! I repeat WE ARE NOT SAYING YOU WATCHED THE CASE BECAUSE SHE IS WHITE!

No one ever fucking said that, so I have NO idea why anyone is arguing about it.

The only thing we said was that the reason the case got so much MEDIA ATTENTION was due to race. And there's no debating that. I'm not telling anyone what they think, just telling you how the media works.

Also, we didn't have to install failsafes to keep the forum from crashing when Casey's trial went on. We also didn't have to remove the karma system. Just sayin'.

ETA: Just cause the trial attracted some psychos, we're not calling all of you psycho. There's no need to get defensive. If you can have a coherent discussion, chances are we don't mean you.
    Sorry, still reading back pages. Had to respond to this.

I actually don't think that the fascination over this trial has that much to do with race, but more to do with "looks". People have a hard time wrapping their brains around a good looking person throwing their life away in this manner.

Beautiful woman kills handsome boyfriend in jealous rage; then tries to blow smoke up the public's ass for 4 years.
    Throw in 50 Shades of Grey and you've got yourself a modern day Romeo and Juliet.

That's the hook.

I remember watching the Rae Carruth trial for the same exact reasons (minus the 50 shades)

I honestly don't think it has anything to do with race. Let's face it. If this were an ugly white couple, nobody would give two shits off a shingle about it.

Quote Originally Posted by frankenstein View Post
    P.S.-Has anyone else given a reach-around to a spider-monkey whilst reciting the pledge of allegiance, or is that fairly uncommon?

Quote Originally Posted by helloagain View Post
    I think this statement is kind of unfair. A lot of people post from their cellphones or tablets. Apparently, the quote feature does not work on these. I tried once from my iphone to quote someone and although it showed it to be quoted as I was responding, when it posted it was not. Now, I don't know the situation with the poster you are referring to, but perhaps they were posting from their cell or tablet, so "stuck on stupid" is kind of harsh IMO.
    I helped posters multi-quote on their iPads. They needed to change their iPad settings. What I am trying to say and not so well, is I reached out to posters to help. They were able to multi-quote once they figured out which iPad setting was hanging things up. Isnt that one of the "rules" help out. So I tried to help...if the poster refused help (repeatedly) yet continued to serial post, what would you say? Especially when they got it once?

WTF the Jodi Arias case is as much like Romeo and Juliet as like, the Boston Bomber is like The Great Gatsby.

Tell that to the masses. It's a fucked up Romeo and Juliet, but it's still a "romance".

P.S.-Has anyone else given a reach-around to a spider-monkey whilst reciting the pledge of allegiance, or is that fairly uncommon?

Quote Originally Posted by Metis212 View Post
    I helped posters multi-quote on their iPads. They needed to change their iPad settings. What I am trying to say and not so well, is I reached out to posters to help. They were able to multi-quote once they figured out which iPad setting was hanging things up. Isnt that one of the "rules" help out. So I tried to help...if the poster refused help (repeatedly) yet continued to serial post, what would you say? Especially when they got it once?
    Metis did try to help this person who did the same thing in the old thread over and over again. The person would post 10-15 posts in one page! When people brought it to his/her attention their response was " I don't know why people call me a serial poster I'm not one." I finally just put them on ignore. Metis really did try to help them.

??? It's nothing like Romeo and Juliet at all. That's a story about star crossed lovers who are kept apart by their families and suicide??? Not all romances are Romeo and Juliet. This is the story of two people who were never in love. One was an obsessed psycho and the other was a fratty douche.

Quote Originally Posted by helloagain View Post
    I have tried to venture out to other threads, but admit I sometimes get lost in all the sub-categories here. For example, I tried to find the Boston Bombing thread and couldn't find it after I feel like I looked everywhere, and finally found an article on the main page that linked me to the forum. I guess I just need to learn to navigate the site better.
    I'm having trouble finding threads, too. Even threads I have subscribed to. I can't find new threads unless I look at each forum. I used to be able to click on "What's New" and any new threads would pop up. The search thing doesn't work very well either.

I think some of it is user error and some is the forum took a poop. Hang in there!

..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    I'm having trouble finding threads, too. Even threads I have subscribed to. I can't find new threads unless I look at each forum. I used to be able to click on "What's New" and any new threads would pop up. The search thing doesn't work very well either.

I think some of it is user error and some is the forum took a poop. Hang in there!
    J had to reconfigure some stuff to make the site run better and I've noticed as well that there are issues locating stuff. Sometimes I just google the subject and 'mydeathspace' and the thread pops up.

True. But one gave up her life for the other. I'm not saying it's "Romeo and Juliet" as in the stories are identical. Romeo and Juliet is a fictional tale. True life plays out more like what took place in this murder.

My point is, it has nothing to do with race, and everything to do with looks. I'm not sure why people would throw race on the fire...

ETA: Why, yes. I have read many of Shakespeare's works. Romeo and Juliet was something I read in high school. In college I read; Pericles, Prince of Tyre, The Taming of the Shrew, King John, ALL of the Henry IV, V, VI, VII, A Lover's Complaint, Twelfth Night.... and that's all I can remember at this time. I'm pretty sure I've read Richard III also. I still have them all in my library.

I was just trying to make a point about racism in relation to this trial. Maybe it's because I'm from California? Racism isn't easy to find around here anymore. Perhaps that's why I can't wrap my mind around these racist allegations. But, whatever.

You're obviously right.
    And I'm obviously wrong.

Carry on.
    Last edited by Jillee; 05-14-2013 at 08:20 PM.

I honestly had no idea there was a rep/smite thing until last week. And i have been lurking for over 5 years, man do I feel dumb. Not sure I like it, seems like the potential +s could be outweighted the -s. But then again, maybe because I got smited for a vocab error and I am just bitter. Anyways, I tried to "rep" you MorbidT, for I love what you post, but was unable to figure it out. It is a coming your way one day.

It has everything to do with race the same thing verything has to do with race when it comes to the media. If a smoking hot black chick killed her black boyfriend, we would never know about it.

It has everything to do with race the same thing verything has to do with race when it comes to the media. If a smoking hot black chick killed her black boyfriend, we would never know about it.

I agree. If Jodi were any other race she wouldn't make the news, but because she's (was) blond, cute, and white she's front page news. And HLN has covered her to the point of obsession.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

J had to reconfigure some stuff to make the site run better and I've noticed as well that there are issues locating stuff. Sometimes I just google the subject and 'mydeathspace' and the thread pops up.
    This makes sense. I'm still too new to the internet to have thought of it.

It's still hard to find any new posts. But, I'm okay with searching if it means the site will run well.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    I agree. If Jodi were any other race she wouldn't make the news, but because she's (was) blond, cute, and white she's front page news. And HLN has covered her to the point of obsession.
    She's half white, but I agree

Quote Originally Posted by faq_q View Post
    Actually, I think that's what happened mostly. I was reading the main thread one day and someone whom I will not name, went went into another thread separate of Jodi thread and posted something that I thought was pretty much on topic. That person whom I will not name, got the verbal beating of a lifetime. I think that happened and then several regulars reported going to other threads and seeing what they thought about the Jodi thread and people that follow it. I ventured out and saw some of the same thing but eventually decided that I would fight back with wit, valid points and the desire to stick up for some of the fine people I have met in that thread. Not that some need it as they are more than capable of defending themselves It hasn't always been pleasant but I think I am slowly earning respect. I never bring a knife to a gun fight!

ETA I like MDS too and plan to stick around. Lots of interesting other threads to venture into!
    Yes, but did the person who 'left the womb/nest of the Jodi' thread so to speak and receive their 'verbal beat down' deserve it because they were an asshat poster, or was it simply because they were marked with an 'X' as a dun dun DUN 'Jodi poster'? My guess? They were a self righteous, entitled, douchecanoe who deserved what they got.

I say this, cuz I know that certainly happened in one instance with a 'Jodi poster' who tried to come into the Zimmerman thread, tell everyone what for and that they were not only wrong but were all racists and then when they were responded to accordingly they ran for the hills and reported back to the Jodi thread. That was some bullllshit labeling on their part. They tried to claim they were treated as they were because they were a Jodi poster. Had nothing to do with it, it had everything to do with how they posted and their general attitude toward other posters.

??? It's nothing like Romeo and Juliet at all. That's a story about star crossed lovers who are kept apart by their families and suicide??? Not all romances are Romeo and Juliet. This is the story of two people who were never in love. One was an obsessed psycho and the other was a fratty douche.
    Do people even read R&J? It's a really fucked up 'romance' if one wants to call it that. As you've said Bowie - this case is nothing like that. No one outside of Travis is dead. R&J had how many deaths, outside of Romeo and Juliet's. This hurts my soul.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    Do people even read R&J? It's a really fucked up 'romance' if one wants to call it that. As you've said Bowie - this case is nothing like that. No one outside of Travis is dead. R&J had how many deaths, outside of Romeo and Juliet's. This hurts my soul.
    Yea, I'm convinced that Jillee never read it and/or is confusing it with another story. That would explain why she made the comparison. Fatal Attraction maybe?

This is like comparing the Jodi story to Ghostbusters 2.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

every time i've seen a person from the jodi thread get a beat down, they deserved what they got - for the content of their posts, not from their origin story. the trayvon thread, the little girl suicide thread, and of course, that one from the chit chat with multiple personalities are the 3 that come to mind.

mostly, i see jodi posters getting on fine in other threads.

again and again and again - everybody is an individual outside of that thread. if you truly feel lumped in with that crowd, or painted with the same brush, or however you want to put it, and it actually offends you enough to flip out about it... you might consider the possibility that the description is apt.

seriously, i have no problem naming names. there are about 5 that i actually side-eyed. most are gone now, so i'm thinking my perception ain't bad... for anyone else who makes that list, my memory ain't what it used to be and i'm pretty forgiving so... once a person starts acting like a human being, chances are one day we'll be able to communicate.

dead horse deader.

i like adventurous noobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Yea, I'm convinced that Jillee never read it and/or is confusing it with another story. That would explain why she made the comparison. Fatal Attraction maybe?

This is like comparing the Jodi story to Ghostbusters 2.
    Fatal attraction for sure. Not so much Romeo and Juliet...not even the Baz Luhrman version
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    Yes, but did the person who 'left the womb/nest of the Jodi' thread so to speak and receive their 'verbal beat down' deserve it because they were an asshat poster, or was it simply because they were marked with an 'X' as a dun dun DUN 'Jodi poster'? My guess? They were a self righteous, entitled, douchecanoe who deserved what they got.

I say this, cuz I know that certainly happened in one instance with a 'Jodi poster' who tried to come into the Zimmerman thread, tell everyone what for and that they were not only wrong but were all racists and then when they were responded to accordingly they ran for the hills and reported back to the Jodi thread. That was some bullllshit labeling on their part. They tried to claim they were treated as they were because they were a Jodi poster. Had nothing to do with it, it had everything to do with how they posted and their general attitude toward other posters.
    Love that word...douchecanoe! That is the one and after reading again what he wrote just now, I would be inclined to agree with the masses on that one. I must have misinterpreted it at the time and weeks later it doesn't make sense but since I didn't go back to read it again...I went off memory. Thanks for pointing it out. Sorry for the confusion. I'll take my verbal lashings now and cower in a corner I was wrong....there is a song for that right? Social D. Anyways, that trial is going to be crazy when it hits prime time!

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

Thread Information