Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1267

Thread: Dumb things that scare you/creep you out

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Ok, this is now the 2nd thread in less than 5 minutes where someone has posted the same thing as me just a few minutes after I posted. Is this thing on? Hello, can anyone hear me?
    In my defense, it was within one minute of you that I posted and your reply wasn't there when I replied!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    In my defense, it was within one minute of you that I posted and your reply wasn't there when I replied!
    I just thought it funny that it happened twice in a couple of minutes after I posted in different threads. I knew exactly what happened...there for a while me and U2T were doing it to each other all the time.

So the cicadas havent affected me but my SIL has a huge infestation. Her whole garden was killed by them. They are all over her house, trees and car.

My mom has a lot of them too, and one flew at my son and he flipped out. I actually saw a zombie one at my moms (flying around with no lower body and a white substance at the mid body-it was creepy).

I got over my fear of them. I can handle them with no issue, but they are fucking loud. I dont see many of them but I can hear their asses.

My DTTCYO: Aliens. When I was little I was very scared of ET. Aliens really scare the crap out of me.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 05-28-2021 at 09:02 AM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    So the cicadas havent affected me but my SIL has a huge infestation. Her whole garden was killed by them. They are all over her house, trees and car.

My mom has a lot of them too, and one flew at my son and he flipped out. I actually saw a zombie one at my moms (flying around with no lower body and a white substance at the mid body-it was creepy).

I got over my fear of them. I can handle them with no issue, but they are fucking loud. I dont see many of them but I can hear their asses.

My DTTCYO: Aliens. When I was little I was very scared of ET. Aliens really scare the crap out of me.
    Yes. They are so fracking loud. I have a hearing problem, very few sounds will wake me up... But Cicadas will jerk me out of a sound sleep. Bastards. We don't generally have them here, thank doG.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

So, I spotted a Black Widow last week hanging out near our garden. If I get bit by one of those suckers I'm good as dead. So today I spotted it again and I THINK I killed it, but I'm not sure. Now I'm freaking out looking through my clothes and itchy all over

So, I spotted a Black Widow last week hanging out near our garden. If I get bit by one of those suckers I'm good as dead. So today I spotted it again and I THINK I killed it, but I'm not sure. Now I'm freaking out looking through my clothes and itchy all over
    Hopefully you got it, or there isnt more than one!

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Postsecret is my Sunday morning guilty pleasure. This creeped me out today:

https://postsecret.com/

I worked at a haunted house on Thursday. We only had one scare actor (and I knew where he was stationed), but the feeling of someone jumping out at any moment was scary. Lol!
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Teletubbies.

For real. They are the stuff of nightmares for me. Not so much how they LOOK, as how they SOUND. Makes my skin crawl. So glad they weren't around when my children were young.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

That is not a dumb thing. Aliens are something to be feared until we know intent, right? I'd be petrified. I am soooo glad aliens haven't decided to kidnap me. Can you imagine surviving something like that and everyone thinking you're some kind of lunatic who thinks they were abducted by aliens? You could eradicate hunger and disease but you would NEVER be taken seriously again.

I lived in a haunted mansion once, and thought it would be cool to see a ghost, but when it happened, it was decidedly NOT cool. I was terrified and acted in a manner unbefitting a member of this forum. I totally lost it.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post

I lived in a haunted mansion once, and thought it would be cool to see a ghost, but when it happened, it was decidedly NOT cool. I was terrified and acted in a manner unbefitting a member of this forum. I totally lost it.
    I'm pretty sure that there is no other way to act when you live in a haunted mansion. I don't do haunted, ghosts, demons, poltergeist, etc houses of any kind. I don't even watch movies about such things. (reference the post 4 above this one, lol)

That is not a dumb thing. Aliens are something to be feared until we know intent, right? I'd be petrified. I am soooo glad aliens haven't decided to kidnap me. Can you imagine surviving something like that and everyone thinking you're some kind of lunatic who thinks they were abducted by aliens? You could eradicate hunger and disease but you would NEVER be taken seriously again.

I need deets on the ghost you saw.

I'm pretty sure that there is no other way to act when you live in a haunted mansion. I don't do haunted, ghosts, demons, poltergeist, etc houses of any kind. I don't even watch movies about such things. (reference the post 4 above this one, lol)
    Oh man, that reminds me of watching that movie, Poltergeist, when I was young (I actually just watched it again recently, thanks to Halloween). I used to rent it when having a friend stay the night, so I could scare the shit out of them

I used to LOVE scary movies.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Oh man, that reminds me of watching that movie, Poltergeist, when I was young (I actually just watched it again recently, thanks to Halloween). I used to rent it when having a friend stay the night, so I could scare the shit out of them

I used to LOVE scary movies.
    I love that movie, and I love scary movies! why dont you like them anymore?

I love that movie, and I love scary movies! why dont you like them anymore?
    I do like them, just not as much as when I was younger. Nowadays watching them can give me anxiety lol.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

We didn't know the chateau was haunted when we moved into it. And we made excuse after excuse about the weird goings on that kept happening. On hindsight, we should have known. FWIW, they seemed like friendly spirits.

I need deets on the ghost you saw.
    It was a man in full profile, he was a black shadow, but with a finely defined silhouette. It was so defined that I could tell he was wearing a smoking jacket and appeared to have a lace jabot at his throat. He actually looked like my husband (who was upstairs asleep and leaped out of bed at my screams) which was weird. He came out of the (open) hidden door in the kitchen and moved into the the dining room passing by the door of the room I was in. Hold on.... I actually wrote about this and took a picture of where it happened. Let me find it and I'll edit this post.

I do like them, just not as much as when I was younger. Nowadays watching them can give me anxiety lol.
    Back in 1976(?) I watched "Silent Night, Deadly Night" and I've never been able to watch scary films since. They give me anxiety.

Easier to make a new post.

The red arrow points to the hidden door to the kitchen from the dining room. The hidden door is open. I was in the sitting room where I'm standing to take this picture. The door between the sitting room and dining room was all the way open. The figure walked from the kitchen into the dining room. He didn't really walk so much as he glided? Floated? But very, very slowly. I had more than enough time for my brain to tell my eyes they couldn't possibly be seeing what they thought they were seeing. Total freak out.

[IMG][/IMG]

And this is the door the figure walked through, he looked just like this black shadow, who happens to be Mr. Tisha.

[IMG][/IMG]

Thats scary and interesting KimT. What did you do besides scream? I wouldnt have been able to sleep there after that.

Ive seen a ghost before but its a long ass story.

That would completely freak me out. The only instance where I actually thought I saw a ghost could be cracked up to me just waking up and being between slumber and real life with a little girl at the foot of my bed. I woke up and she was there looking at me and she slowly faded away. This was in daylight and clearly seen, but it could have been my brain still "seeing" a dream and then catching up to being awake so I can't say that it was real.

HOWEVER. There are many friends and family that have experienced other things in the home I grew up in which was anb old farm which parts of which dated back to the 1600s. Many friends refused to come back to my house after we held a seance in my attic because they all saw something and I didn't. Our house was "that house" that trick or treaters refused to come to even though we had candy and the lights on. I was let down time and again and I only got to experience my first trick or treater when I moved to upper NH many years later. I had friends pretend they were kids at my apartment door just to satisfy my urge to have actual kids come to my door. My first real one was when I was 26 years old after years of trying.

There was one instance where my brother's room was in the attic. I was in college and he was in high school. I stayed home from school one day and was doing homework and playing piano (I studied classical piano) and at one point I stopped playing and hear COMPLETELY AUDIBLE FOOTSTEPS up above. I assumed that either he was home or one of his friends had skipped school and was up there.

I called up the stairs and got no response and figured they didn't want to be caught skipping school so went about my business. My brother came home and I told him that one of his friends was up there. He went up and came back down and said nobody was there.

I heard those footsteps all day long thinking it was a friend of his. Turns out nobody was ever there.

Sleep tight!

Every Saturday and Sunday morning, something runs across my roof. At first I thought it was a cat, but it must be a BIG cat because they are loud and super quick. It sounds like a small child running up there. And because I am in my house, I am never able to confirm what it is.

I am sure it's some sort of heavy animal, but the footsteps sound JUST like a small child running. It freaks me out every time.

Thats scary and interesting KimT. What did you do besides scream? I wouldnt have been able to sleep there after that.

Ive seen a ghost before but its a long ass story.
    FIRST: I insist on the long ass story of your ghost sighting. And to answer your question....

I pretty much just screamed hysterically until Mr. Tisha leaped out of bed and ran downstairs to see who was murdering me. I remember hearing his footsteps above me in the bedroom and running down the stairs and trying to warn him not to enter the dining room (which he had to do to get to me). BTW, I should also add that my cat, Big Fat Louie (RIP) saw it too and he was NOT happy about it. He growled and howled and he puffed up to twice his size. In fact, he tried to warn me that something was in the kitchen earlier that night. He stood at the door staring into the kitchen and growling. I thought it was a mouse because, big old house. It was all very traumatic. I loved that house, and through the years we racked up dozens of weird incidents that we laughed off, but I was afraid to be there alone after that. I was transferred back to the States a few months later and Mr. Tisha had to live there alone for a few months, but he wasn't a-feared because he didn't see what me and Big Fat Louie saw.

That would completely freak me out. The only instance where I actually thought I saw a ghost could be cracked up to me just waking up and being between slumber and real life with a little girl at the foot of my bed. I woke up and she was there looking at me and she slowly faded away. This was in daylight and clearly seen, but it could have been my brain still "seeing" a dream and then catching up to being awake so I can't say that it was real.

HOWEVER. There are many friends and family that have experienced other things in the home I grew up in which was anb old farm which parts of which dated back to the 1600s. Many friends refused to come back to my house after we held a seance in my attic because they all saw something and I didn't. Our house was "that house" that trick or treaters refused to come to even though we had candy and the lights on. I was let down time and again and I only got to experience my first trick or treater when I moved to upper NH many years later. I had friends pretend they were kids at my apartment door just to satisfy my urge to have actual kids come to my door. My first real one was when I was 26 years old after years of trying.

There was one instance where my brother's room was in the attic. I was in college and he was in high school. I stayed home from school one day and was doing homework and playing piano (I studied classical piano) and at one point I stopped playing and hear COMPLETELY AUDIBLE FOOTSTEPS up above. I assumed that either he was home or one of his friends had skipped school and was up there.

I called up the stairs and got no response and figured they didn't want to be caught skipping school so went about my business. My brother came home and I told him that one of his friends was up there. He went up and came back down and said nobody was there.

I heard those footsteps all day long thinking it was a friend of his. Turns out nobody was ever there.

Sleep tight!
    It DID freak me out. I thought I'd seen 'ghosts' before but they could be described away by what you just described. A sighting between sleep and awake, something out of the side of my eye, a shadowy figure, that kind of thing. That's why I thought it would be cool to actually see one up close and personal. I ain't afraid of no ghosts! But this was at about 10pm, I was finishing up watching a movie, and Louie (who was sitting next to me) started growling and staring at the hidden door. I could hear a rustling/shuffling sound in the kitchen (thought it was mice) and I was encouraging Louie to do the ONE job we ask of him and "git it!" And then.... the figure appeared and Louie positively HOWLED! And when it disappeared beyond my view in the dining room, Louie jumped off the couch and ran after it. He was a Big Brave Boy. I was terrified.

Your old house sounds AWESOME BB73! Sounds like the spirits were having a little party up there. We own a home built in the late 1600s, and one built in 1738. Lots of good feels in those houses.

Every Saturday and Sunday morning, something runs across my roof. At first I thought it was a cat, but it must be a BIG cat because they are loud and super quick. It sounds like a small child running up there. And because I am in my house, I am never able to confirm what it is.

I am sure it's some sort of heavy animal, but the footsteps sound JUST like a small child running. It freaks me out every time.
    This sounds like squirrels or (don't freak) rats. I've had squirrels in my attic in Virginia, and here in Florida, fruit rats are a thing (who knew?). My neighbor got rats in her attic and when they got to moving around, it sounded like kids playing tag up there.

I've never seen an actual believable ghost. I mean yeah, my late dog comes to see me sometimes and grandma's cat... but no human ghosts.

But my Uncle's family lived for a short time, in a house the whole family thinks reeks of spirits. They were staying, temporarily, in this house that wasn't on the grid. Way out in the country. There was a generator to power the fridge and provide a few lights in the house. They used Coleman lanterns for the bedrooms, that sort of thing. And sometimes when they came home, there'd be a light in the barn where there was no electricity at all. Or upstairs one of the windows would be lit up. There were the phantom footsteps and creaks that might be animals, or an old house shifting, but there were also voices. More of the strange things seemed to happen out in the barn... things falling over, doors banging. Just generally creepy stuff. And then there was the story about the previous residents. The husband killed his wife then hanged himself in the barn. My uncle was convinced it was all nonsense, but my aunt was pretty wigged out. Or maybe she just hated the inconvenience of living with no modern conveniences, but they found a different place pretty quickly.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

FIRST: I insist on the long ass story of your ghost sighting. And to answer your question....

I pretty much just screamed hysterically until Mr. Tisha leaped out of bed and ran downstairs to see who was murdering me. I remember hearing his footsteps above me in the bedroom and running down the stairs and trying to warn him not to enter the dining room (which he had to do to get to me). BTW, I should also add that my cat, Big Fat Louie (RIP) saw it too and he was NOT happy about it. He growled and howled and he puffed up to twice his size. In fact, he tried to warn me that something was in the kitchen earlier that night. He stood at the door staring into the kitchen and growling. I thought it was a mouse because, big old house. It was all very traumatic. I loved that house, and through the years we racked up dozens of weird incidents that we laughed off, but I was afraid to be there alone after that. I was transferred back to the States a few months later and Mr. Tisha had to live there alone for a few months, but he wasn't a-feared because he didn't see what me and Big Fat Louie saw.

It DID freak me out. I thought I'd seen 'ghosts' before but they could be described away by what you just described. A sighting between sleep and awake, something out of the side of my eye, a shadowy figure, that kind of thing. That's why I thought it would be cool to actually see one up close and personal. I ain't afraid of no ghosts! But this was at about 10pm, I was finishing up watching a movie, and Louie (who was sitting next to me) started growling and staring at the hidden door. I could hear a rustling/shuffling sound in the kitchen (thought it was mice) and I was encouraging Louie to do the ONE job we ask of him and "git it!" And then.... the figure appeared and Louie positively HOWLED! And when it disappeared beyond my view in the dining room, Louie jumped off the couch and ran after it. He was a Big Brave Boy. I was terrified.

Your old house sounds AWESOME BB73! Sounds like the spirits were having a little party up there. We own a home built in the late 1600s, and one built in 1738. Lots of good feels in those houses.

This sounds like squirrels or (don't freak) rats. I've had squirrels in my attic in Virginia, and here in Florida, fruit rats are a thing (who knew?). My neighbor got rats in her attic and when they got to moving around, it sounded like kids playing tag up there.
    It is too loud to be rats or squirrels, I know for a fact - it is like loud thumping of something running across my roof. It happens when I am in my garage, too, so I know it's on top of the roof (not in the attic). It's most likely a huge fat cat, but it's still a creepy sound to hear.

I lived with some...interesting ghosts. The house I rented was located at the dead end of a road that fittingly ended with a cemetery. On the house property, there were several tombstones near the cottage on the lake, just behind the bunkie. So many weird things happened at this house. I probably should have died once while trying to pull a box spring down into the cellar and losing my balance, falling backwards, picturing my head splattered all over the concrete steps, but something caught me in mid air and my fingertips were able to grasp the sides of the stairwell. I am not a small girl so the idea that all of my weight was plummeting backward and I caught myself is impossible to believe. Also, my hair kept getting cut and styled. That was weird. I showed up at work one day and asked my friend if she noticed anything different. She said "oh yeah, you got your haircut!" and I burst into tears and said "no I didn't!!"

Other things of note: my friend almost walked off a blind ledge and when he caught himself he thanked the man who yelled his name. There was no other man there and no one yelled his name.
    Another friend lost a diamond earring in the lake while teaching her son to kayak. We found the diamond.

One of the tombstones had three names on it: Kalista Babcock (with DOB and DOD - I don't remember exactly but DOB in late 1800's and DOD early 1900's) Rev. Babcock, and Rev. Babcock's Daughter whose DOD made her only 2 years old. The Reverend had a DOB but no DOD so I called our ghost "The Reverend".

I do have some vids on my FB showing some orbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jennafyre View Post
    I lived with some...interesting ghosts. The house I rented was located at the dead end of a road that fittingly ended with a cemetery. On the house property, there were several tombstones near the cottage on the lake, just behind the bunkie. So many weird things happened at this house. I probably should have died once while trying to pull a box spring down into the cellar and losing my balance, falling backwards, picturing my head splattered all over the concrete steps, but something caught me in mid air and my fingertips were able to grasp the sides of the stairwell. I am not a small girl so the idea that all of my weight was plummeting backward and I caught myself is impossible to believe. Also, my hair kept getting cut and styled. That was weird. I showed up at work one day and asked my friend if she noticed anything different. She said "oh yeah, you got your haircut!" and I burst into tears and said "no I didn't!!"

Other things of note: my friend almost walked off a blind ledge and when he caught himself he thanked the man who yelled his name. There was no other man there and no one yelled his name.
    Another friend lost a diamond earring in the lake while teaching her son to kayak. We found the diamond.

One of the tombstones had three names on it: Kalista Babcock (with DOB and DOD - I don't remember exactly but DOB in late 1800's and DOD early 1900's) Rev. Babcock, and Rev. Babcock's Daughter whose DOD made her only 2 years old. The Reverend had a DOB but no DOD so I called our ghost "The Reverend".

I do have some vids on my FB showing some orbs.
    OMG you have a ghost hairstylist

Thread Information