Thread: Lauren Spierer- Missing since June 3, 2011

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I don't know much about that guy. I'm assuming he was in the area that Lauren disappeared from, around that time?

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Wow, really? That is not a theory I have heard before.
    I hadn't really heard it either, other than maybe someone throwing out the name of every missing person ever and saying "maybe Israel Keyes killed this person". Now I've gone down the rabbit hole on it, and I see even the lead detective on her case supposedly thinks he did it.

This guy is the guy that haunts my nightmares (and only partially because he looks and acts like my ex business partner that I am convinced is a serial killer). I don't like to read up on him because it's the only killer that actually gets in my head when I read about him, but I'm fascinated by him too. I was thinking about him because of the recent book I read on Lollie Winans and Julie Williams. He liked to hunt in national parks, and I was just curious if anyone had ever tried to connect him to that murder. The FBI used his travel records https://dig.abclocal.go.com/wls/docu...s_timeline.pdf to try to pinpoint victims after he killed himself.

He would fly from him home to somewhere in the other part of the country (usually to visit family or go on a cruise) and then get in a car, turn off his cell phone, and drive thousands of miles to hunt people. He would bury kill kits in areas and then not come back for a year or so and then he would hunt. He was indiscriminate on who he would kill (men, women, kids), he killed the victims in multiple ways (strangulation, scalding, stabbing, shooting), he would do it where he had a tiny window of time, so that he could try to alibi himself, and then he would go back to a fun trip with his family. He never left any physical evidence of himself.

There is a guy who does a podcast (True Crime Bullshit) that covers all things Keyes. I don't love the way he does it. I am not a podcast person in general (would much rather read something), but I have attempted to listed to a few of them with interviews of Keyes. They talk about him a lot on Reddit. I am guessing that most of this came from him, but this is a pretty good summary of the Lauren/Keyes connection. https://www.reddit.com/r/LaurenSpier...ectly_linking/

Here is our thread on him: http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...ighlight=keyes

And our thread on the kidnapping/murder that got him caught: http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...-she-worked-at

This is the book I read this weekend. It's not terribly long, but it's interesting: https://www.amazon.com/American-Pred.../dp/B07L2GMT7J
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 02-26-2024 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I hadn't really heard it either, other than maybe someone throwing out the name of every missing person ever and saying "maybe Israel Keyes killed this person". Now I've gone down the rabbit hole on it, and I see even the lead detective on her case supposedly thinks he did it.

This guy is the guy that haunts my nightmares (and only partially because he looks and acts like my ex business partner that I am convinced is a serial killer). I don't like to read up on him because it's the only killer that actually gets in my head when I read about him, but I'm fascinated by him too. I was thinking about him because of the recent book I read on Lollie Winans and Julie Williams. He liked to hunt in national parks, and I was just curious if anyone had ever tried to connect him to that murder. The FBI used his travel records https://dig.abclocal.go.com/wls/docu...s_timeline.pdf to try to pinpoint victims after he killed himself.

He would fly from him home to somewhere in the other part of the country (usually to visit family or go on a cruise) and then get in a car, turn off his cell phone, and drive thousands of miles to hunt people. He would bury kill kits in areas and then not come back for a year or so and then he would hunt. He was indiscriminate on who he would kill (men, women, kids), he killed the victims in multiple ways (strangulation, scalding, stabbing, shooting), he would do it where he had a tiny window of time, so that he could try to alibi himself, and then he would go back to a fun trip with his family. He never left any physical evidence of himself.

There is a guy who does a podcast (True Crime Bullshit) that covers all things Keyes. I don't love the way he does it. I am not a podcast person in general (would much rather read something), but I have attempted to listed to a few of them with interviews of Keyes. They talk about him a lot on Reddit. I am guessing that most of this came from him, but this is a pretty good summary of the Lauren/Keyes connection. https://www.reddit.com/r/LaurenSpier...ectly_linking/
    He is the guy who abducted and killed that girl from the coffee shop, right? I watched some sort of special on ID but I don't remember much about him, other than he killed himself and I was disappointed because I was sure he had more victims he didn't mention.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I don't know much about that guy. I'm assuming he was in the area that Lauren disappeared from, around that time?
    He is the guy who abducted and killed that girl from the coffee shop, right? I watched some sort of special on ID but I don't remember much about him, other than he killed himself and I was disappointed because I was sure he had more victims he didn't mention.
    Yes. I edited and linked her thread (and his separate one) above. He kidnapped her, raped and killed her and a few minutes later he and his daughter got a taxi to the airport and flew out for a cruise. After the cruise he visited family in the Dallas area and they think he killed a man there before he robbed a bank. He then returned to Alaska and had sex with her body, put makeup on her and fixed her hair (she was outside in a shed and it was cold so she was pretty preserved) and then sewed her eyes open and sent a 'proof of life' picture for a ransom. Then he cut her up and dumped her in a lake. He was one evil, sick fuck.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Yes. I edited and linked her thread (and his separate one) above. He kidnapped her, raped and killed her and a few minutes later he and his daughter got a taxi to the airport and flew out for a cruise. After the cruise he visited family in the Dallas area and they think he killed a man there before he robbed a bank. He then returned to Alaska and had sex with her body, put makeup on her and fixed her hair (she was outside in a shed and it was cold so she was pretty preserved) and then sewed her eyes open and sent a 'proof of life' picture for a ransom. Then he cut her up and dumped her in a lake. He was one evil, sick fuck.
    So evil. I think that is why he terrified so many. I am going to try to do a deep dive into the theory of him being involved in Lauren's death as soon as I can.

Thread Information