Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Cleo Smith (4) Disappeared Overnight 16 Oct 2021 From Her Family's Tent At A Campsite In Macleod, Western Australia

Ok no tips then, just plain old good detective work. Good for them. They did a great job. I just hope this little girl is okay, psychologically.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Ok no tips then, just plain old good detective work. Good for them. They did a great job. I just hope this little girl is okay, psychologically.
    They mentioned earlier on that there was a lead on a suspicious man that they thought was targeting her. I wonder if this was the guy. It was when they were searching the perimeter of the home.

I REALLY hope that he didn't do anything too serious to her, but I think we've all seen this too many times to think that he didn't. As for age, I didn't remember at first that I was abused at age 4, but eventually I did and it all came back in stark clarity. She'll need some serious counseling. Hopefully with how publicised this case has been, she'll get the help she needs.

For now, she's alive and that's a HUGE win because we all know that this isn't how these kinds of cases usually end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-...-man/100592332

Police have charged a Western Australian man over the abduction of four-year-old Cleo Smith.

Key points:
    Terence Darrell Kelly has been charged over the abduction of Cleo Smith

He has appeared in the Carnarvon Magistrates Court on two charges

He was remanded in police custody

Terence Darrell Kelly did not apply for bail and was not required to enter a plea when he faced Carnarvon Magistrate's Court this afternoon.

The 36-year-old expressed anger with the media presence as he was flanked by two police officers.

He took a while to acknowledge his name, he nodded to indicate he understood the charges, which included one count of forcibly taking a child under 16, commonly referred to as child stealing.

The accused appeared overweight, wore his hair out and did not show much emotion, other than appearing agitated with the presence of two ABC journalists.

He was remanded in custody until December 6.

Police have had Mr Kelly in custody for the past two days, since Cleo was found in the bedroom of a locked house in the northern West Australian town of Carnarvon in the early hours of Wednesday morning, 18 days after her family reported her missing.

Mr Kelly was arrested on a street in town after police officers broke into the state housing commission home he was living in and found Cleo playing with toys inside.

The four detectives in court today included Cameron Blaine, who was the officer who found Cleo inside.

It is alleged the man took the four-year-old while she slept inside her family's tent at the Blowholes campgrounds on October 16.

Her disappearance sparked a massive police search.

More to come.
    Last edited by blighted star; 11-04-2021 at 01:12 AM.

So how did he know she was there, had he been to the campground earlier? Was this totally random? I think I read earlier that his house wasn't far from where her family lived, was he stalking her before this? So many questions...

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

So how did he know she was there, had he been to the campground earlier? Was this totally random? I think I read earlier that his house wasn't far from where her family lived, was he stalking her before this? So many questions...
    Well, I'm assuming he knew of her and stalked her. I know it's the Daily Mail, but apparently he had issues. He was obsessed with "Bratz" dolls and often posted pics of himself posing with them

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...obsession.html

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Well, I'm assuming he knew of her and stalked her. I know it's the Daily Mail, but apparently he had issues. He was obsessed with "Bratz" dolls and often posted pics of himself posing with them

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...obsession.html
    Creepy AF.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

By the sounds of it, she's not showing any outward signs of being abused. She seemed pretty normal in the photos after her recovery from the home. Is it at all possible that this guy thought of her as a "living doll" and didn't do anything perverted to her? Dog, I hope so. If that's the case then it would be the least traumatic for her. He could just be a Looney Tune and not a perverted variety.

Ugh. I get the feeling that this wasn't sexually motivated. Not saying that what he did was right, FARRRRRR from it! However, it's sounding more and more like he suffered from either a stunted intelligence/lack of social skills and perhaps mental illness. Almost like he might have felt threatened by adults and just wanted a friend. IDK. I kind of feel bad for him in a weird way. Although that's only if what I'm describing is true.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/23/austr...hnk/index.html

Man pleads guilty to abducting 4-year-old Cleo Smith in Australia
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-17-2022 at 11:24 AM.

I'm sorry, but I can't help but feel like this guy had issues that had nothing to do with anything sexual. He strikes me as someone who has delayed intelligence. If he did anything sexual to her, they would have nailed him for it. An Aboriginal guy with a little white girl? They just LOOK for ways to crucify them there.

The picture of the girl with her mother after she was found has her smiling and seemingly happy. Fed and not physically hurt by any appearance. I truly think this guy was lonely and perhaps has the mentality of a child and just was lonely and did something stupid. That's my take.

I listened to a podcast about this case. It's really sad all around. There is definitely mental illness involved. I don't think his intentions were to hurt her, but as BB73 said, just to have a living doll. It appears he took good care of her the best he could. The podcast didn't reveal whether there was any sexual assault, but I'm sure he would have been charged with it if there was any evidence.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    I listened to a podcast about this case. It's really sad all around. There is definitely mental illness involved. I don't think his intentions were to hurt her, but as BB73 said, just to have a living doll. It appears he took good care of her the best he could. The podcast didn't reveal whether there was any sexual assault, but I'm sure he would have been charged with it if there was any evidence.
    It's super creepy to think about, but yes. Like a living doll. I just hope that he gets some kind of help while incarcerated. I don't see him doing too well in prison so any help for mental illness would be to his benefit.

I'm hoping nothing sexual happened. So far, it seems like they found no evidence of it so that's good.

But he did kidnap her from her tent, there had to be some sort of planning, right? Or did he just happen to be there and saw an opportunity? I feel like he may have stalked her (I can't remember if it was already discussed how it all went down, I am too busy to re-read the thread right now).

But he did kidnap her from her tent, there had to be some sort of planning, right? Or did he just happen to be there and saw an opportunity? I feel like he may have stalked her (I can't remember if it was already discussed how it all went down, I am too busy to re-read the thread right now).
    I don't recall exactly how it went down either, but I think he may have seen her earlier in the day? I also seem to remember something about him getting diapers for her and somebody tipped off the police about that? He was trying to take care of her. I don't think this was malicious, I think he had some kind of mental breakdown. I should probably find that podcast again and relisten. I remember I came away from it feeling very sad for everyone involved.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

I think he probably stalked her for a while. I'm not saying that what he did wasn't wrong. OF COURSE it is!!!! He kidnapped her! I'm just pointing out that this doesn't seem to be the usual case where he kidnapped her with the intent of doing anything to physically hurt her. Most cases like this end with the child either being raped or dead or both. This one seems to be different and his motive seems to be rooted in mental illness and wanting to have her to take care of. Sounds crazy, but I think that's the issue. He obviously isn't all there.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    I don't recall exactly how it went down either, but I think he may have seen her earlier in the day? I also seem to remember something about him getting diapers for her and somebody tipped off the police about that? He was trying to take care of her. I don't think this was malicious, I think he had some kind of mental breakdown. I should probably find that podcast again and relisten. I remember I came away from it feeling very sad for everyone involved.
    See, I hadn't even heard about the diapers. I was just judging by the little girl's demeanor and physical appearance in photos after she was recovered. That and the fact that he wasn't charged with anything sexual with her.

Thread Information