Page 74 of 89 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 2212

Thread: COVID-19 Novel Coronavirus pandemic

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/23/ameri...rnd/index.html

Man punches nurse in the face multiple times after his wife is vaccinated for Covid
    Sentence him to work at the morgue for a year or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/23/ameri...rnd/index.html

Man punches nurse in the face multiple times after his wife is vaccinated for Covid
    What a piece of shit. Why would they need his consent? fuck him.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Sentence him to work at the morgue for a year or two.
    Fuck that.

Sentence him to cleaning out every residential sewer trap by hand for the next decade.

Enjoy your tampon back up that you had to dig through shit, piss and everything else to free up.

Fucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I do NOT understand these people. Just stay home and die in the first place. Why would you go to the ER if you think they are trying to kill you???

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-ne...-icus-rcna2233

'Vigilante treatments': Anti-vaccine groups push people to leave ICUs

Anti-vaccine Facebook groups have a new message for their community members: Don’t go to the emergency room, and get your loved ones out of intensive care units.

Consumed by conspiracy theories claiming that doctors are preventing unvaccinated patients from receiving miracle cures or are even killing them on purpose, some people in anti-vaccine and pro-ivermectin Facebook groups are telling those with Covid-19 to stay away from hospitals and instead try increasingly dangerous at-home treatments, according to posts seen by NBC News over the past few weeks.

The messages represent an escalation in the mistrust of medical professionals in groups that have sprung up in recent months on social media platforms, which have tried to crack down on Covid misinformation. And it’s something that some doctors say they’re seeing manifest in their hospitals as they have filled up because of the most recent delta variant wave.
    Those concerns echo various local reports about growing threats and violence directed toward medical professionals. In Branson, Missouri, a medical center recently introduced panic buttons on employee badges because of a spike in assaults. Violence and threats against medical professionals have recently been reported in Massachusetts, Texas, Georgia and Idaho.

While Covid misinformation has been a persistent problem since the start of the pandemic, the introduction of vaccines has invigorated the anti-vaccine community and sparked a renewed push to find and promote alternative treatments — some of which are potentially hazardous.

Others are turning away from hospitals altogether. In recent weeks, some anti-vaccine Facebook groups and conspiracy theory influencers on the encrypted messaging app Telegram have offered instructions on how to get family members released from the hospital, usually by insisting they be transferred into hospice care, and have recorded those they’ve successfully removed from hospitals for viral videos.

Some people in groups that formed recently to promote the false cure ivermectin, an anti-parasite treatment, have claimed extracting Covid patients from hospitals is pivotal so that they can self-medicate at home with ivermectin. But as the patients begin to realize that ivermectin by itself is not effective, the groups have begun recommending a series of increasingly hazardous at-home treatments, such as gargling with iodine, and nebulizing and inhaling hydrogen peroxide, calling it part of a “protocol.”
    Earlier this month, QAnon supporters barraged a Chicago-area hospital with threats after a fellow QAnon supporter, Veronica Wolski, asked for and was not administered ivermectin.

Wolski, who was not vaccinated, later died in the hospital after three weeks of fighting Covid.

Nerurkar said patients are often understandably seeking immediate answers and relief once they contract Covid, but unlike snake oil and false miracle drugs, proven treatments for the virus can take days to be effective, “which has been a source of great frustration for clinicians, and also for patients and families.”

“When we’re feeling stressed, we need a target of that stress. For a long time, initially, the target might have been Covid,” she said. “But now, it’s no longer that. With the delta variant, and the stress of it has been so great that we are now no longer even looking at the virus and saying, ‘That is our common enemy,’ which is really how it should be. Instead, they’re starting to target people, the messengers — nurses and doctors.”

Ely said one particular patient who had been misinformed stuck with him. The woman who had Covid arrived in his ICU about five months pregnant. Ely said the woman was not vaccinated and refused any treatments that would help fight the virus.

“Why? Because, to her, it’s not real,” he said. “So now we’re dealing with a woman in the ICU, the baby too young to live. We’ve got to make it several more weeks for the baby to be viable.”

Good. Leave room in the hospitals for people who deserve treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Sigh. I used to be a free speech absolutist. Give people access to the information and then make their own decisions. Tell them the pros and cons and let them decide if they wanted to say --- accept chemo or try radiation or surgery or just watchful waiting. The patient's choice. But never, ever did I imagine a case where people would be recommending things that were not just, not helpful, but actively harmful. Then the antivaxers, and "all-natural" advocates came along, and now? OMG people are choosing between not helpful and harmful and really toxic, without once choosing to give science a chance.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Sigh. I used to be a free speech absolutist. Give people access to the information and then make their own decisions. Tell them the pros and cons and let them decide if they wanted to say --- accept chemo or try radiation or surgery or just watchful waiting. The patient's choice. But never, ever did I imagine a case where people would be recommending things that were not just, not helpful, but actively harmful. Then the antivaxers, and "all-natural" advocates came along, and now? OMG people are choosing between not helpful and harmful and really toxic, without once choosing to give science a chance.
    And hurting lots of other innocent people while they do it.

As I suspected, the vet is now saying there is a shortage of heartgard type products. Our here in Florida we have to keep them on preventative or it's pretty much a guarantee that they will get heartworms. I have stocked up as much as I can, but these morons better not put everyone in a situation where we can't protect our pups.

As I suspected, the vet is now saying there is a shortage of heartgard type products. Our here in Florida we have to keep them on preventative or it's pretty much a guarantee that they will get heartworms. I have stocked up as much as I can, but these morons better not put everyone in a situation where we can't protect our pups.
    Save the doggies!!! They are better than humans!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I hate people.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Hey everyone, so sorry I've been absent for a bit, but we moved and life has been a real shitshow for about the last 3 months.

Okay, so, thread related: Many of you know that I was in the hospital last Nov, losing my kidney to tumors but not cancer. The hospitals were full then, mostly with adult covid patients.

Fast forward ten months, and the hospitals are still overrun with asshole covid patients, but now, the kids are getting it, too. Luckily for the children, they are faring far better than their adult counterparts. My problem is that so many of these parents didn't do near enough to protect their kids.

Sorry not sorry, but if you don't get the vaccine, you're a fucking idiot. Unless you have a bona fide reaction (negative reaction, of course, like, to eggs or any compound within the vaccine), then you really should get vaccinated. Personally, idgaf how religious you are, if you claim religious exemption, then you're a fucking douchetool asshole fucknugget dipshit who needs to die of the virus.

No, I haven't changed...well, slightly.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    Hey everyone, so sorry I've been absent for a bit, but we moved and life has been a real shitshow for about the last 3 months.

Okay, so, thread related: Many of you know that I was in the hospital last Nov, losing my kidney to tumors but not cancer. The hospitals were full then, mostly with adult covid patients.

Fast forward ten months, and the hospitals are still overrun with asshole covid patients, but now, the kids are getting it, too. Luckily for the children, they are faring far better than their adult counterparts. My problem is that so many of these parents didn't do near enough to protect their kids.

Sorry not sorry, but if you don't get the vaccine, you're a fucking idiot. Unless you have a bona fide reaction (negative reaction, of course, like, to eggs or any compound within the vaccine), then you really should get vaccinated. Personally, idgaf how religious you are, if you claim religious exemption, then you're a fucking douchetool asshole fucknugget dipshit who needs to die of the virus.

Good to see you (even with only one kidney, lol) I'm glad that you are doing ok and made it through everything. I am so tired of all the excuses and bullshit around the vaccine. Everyone needs to just fucking take it and move on. I can't believe how stupid we have become as a nation.

Welcome back!

Good to see you (even with only one kidney, lol) I'm glad that you are doing ok and made it through everything. I am so tired of all the excuses and bullshit around the vaccine. Everyone needs to just fucking take it and move on. I can't believe how stupid we have become as a nation.
    Well "we" did let Trump become president.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Welcome back!

Well "we" did let Trump become president.
    And that is a collective we, if you didn't vote, voted for a third party, blah-blah-blahed about Hillary, etc then you helped elect Trump. (that's a you as in all that did that, not necessarily you CC)

You are correct about everything, except eggs. From the Mayo clinic:
    Can people with an egg allergy have the COVID vaccine?

Yes. Neither the Pfizer nor the Moderna vaccines contain egg.
    Get the damn shot!!!

I didnt know you had kidney tumors...Im sorry you lost one...I did not know you were so sick I hope you are recovering nicely.

When I went to the pediatrician bc my son was sick, she was so relieved me and my husband were vaxxed. She said shes seen so many kids that got sick from unvaccinated parents, she seemed really upset talking about it.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Welcome back! I'm glad that you're healing up nicely.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...tail=emaildkre

So your religion doesn't allow the COVID-19 vaccine? Here are some other medications you can't take

Still, for many Americans informed solely by their social media research, the attenuated relationship between vaccines and these derivative cell lines used in their developmental and production phases is beside the point: having heard the magic words “fetal cell,” their thirst for knowledge suddenly dries up, and their resolve to refuse the vaccine hardens into a pseudo-religious conviction, creating a dilemma for their employers who want to maintain a safe workplace. Faced with such tactics among some members of its staff refusing to be vaccinated, one hospital system has decided to simply embrace these vaccine refusers’ arguments by taking them a step further to their logical conclusion, Beth Mole reports for ArsTechnica:

A hospital system in Arkansas is making it a bit more difficult for staff to receive a religious exemption from its COVID-19 vaccine mandate. The hospital is now requiring staff to also swear off extremely common medicines, such as Tylenol, Tums, and even Preparation H, to get the exemption.

The move was prompted when Conway Regional Health System noted an unusual uptick in vaccine exemption requests that cited the use of fetal cell lines in the development and testing of the vaccines.

The list of common over-the-counter medications (as well as commonly prescribed drugs) which were developed, produced, or tested in manners similar to the developmental COVID-19 vaccines, using descendant lines from old fetal cells encompasses just about anything you would commonly turn to for headache, allergy, or indigestion relief:

The list includes Tylenol, Pepto Bismol, aspirin, Tums, Lipitor, Senokot, Motrin, ibuprofen, Maalox, Ex-Lax, Benadryl, Sudafed, albuterol, Preparation H, MMR vaccine, Claritin, Zoloft, Prilosec OTC, and azithromycin.

Under Conway Regional’s procedure, an employee seeking a “religious exemption” must also swear off these medicines, whose historical development, pre- and post-production testing or production processes involved using fetal cell lines in the same manner as that of the COVID-19 vaccines. As Mole reports, if the employee refuses to sign an attestation swearing that they will not consume these common medicines “and any others like them,” they are granted only a temporary exemption from the vaccination policy, presumably to give them enough time to find another job. The attestation itself notes that they will again be asked to either sign it or get vaccinated under potential penalty of termination or other disciplinary action.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...tail=emaildkre

So your religion doesn't allow the COVID-19 vaccine? Here are some other medications you can't take
    Dude. I'm so over assholes using religion as an excuse to be assholes. It's one of the reasons I stopped wanting any part of that bullshit. How about we cherry pick these douches to stone to death the way they cherry pick what they want to follow in the bible? Seems like a fair trade to me.

Dude. I'm so over assholes using religion as an excuse to be assholes. It's one of the reasons I stopped wanting any part of that bullshit. How about we cherry pick these douches to stone to death the way they cherry pick what they want to follow in the bible? Seems like a fair trade to me.
    I'm good with that. Also, all these people that want to ban abortion should be banned from IVF, because the Catholic Church forbids that too in the same breath that they condemn abortions. I used to have a neighbor that railed about democrats and abortion, and every one of their 3 kids were conceived through IVF. Super tired of the cherry picking.

I want my booster-NOW!

Of course Pfizer has said the vaccine is safe for those 5+ when my kid is 4

People are right when they say we are divided, the vaxxed vs the anti-vax when people should be against COVID. I just dont get the hate towards health care workers.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I want my booster-NOW!

Of course Pfizer has said the vaccine is safe for those 5+ when my kid is 4

People are right when they say we are divided, the vaxxed vs the anti-vax when people should be against COVID. I just dont get the hate towards health care workers.
    Ooh. I didn't know they released that news. Yeah. My kid is 19 months. A long way to go.

I need this! I also need to add a small Trump flag.
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Really interesting thread from a public health point of view. https://twitter.com/EpiEllie/status/1422595200615133189

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...out&li=BBnb7Kz

Woman Rejects Vaccine as Christian, Refused Life-Saving Kidney Transplant

Leilani Lutali, a born-again Christian, decided to reject taking the COVID-19 vaccine based on her faith, but is facing a huge conundrum now she's found that her local hospital won't approve her life-saving kidney transplant surgery until she gets inoculated.

Lutali, 56, from Aurora, Colorado, has stage five kidney disease that puts her at risk of dying without a new kidney ? but she has refused to take the COVID vaccine because of the role stem cells have played in the development of vaccines.

"As a Christian, I can't support anything that has to do with abortion of babies, and the sanctity of life for me is precious," she told the Associated Press.

She had tried to get the kidney operation done at a UCHealth-run hospital, which says the majority of transplant recipients and living donors are now required to be vaccinated against COVID-19, due to the increased risk that patients could be hospitalized and die from the virus.

UCHealth, which runs several clinics across the United States, emailed Lutali, giving her 30 days to start taking the COVID vaccine. If Lutali refuses, she'll be removed from the kidney transplant waiting list.

Although Lutali has found a kidney donor for her, she is also not vaccinated for religious reasons. Lutali met her donor, Jaimee Fougner, at Bible study 10 months ago.

Fougner has defended Lutali's position. "It's your choice on what treatment you have. In Leilani's case, the choice has been taken from her. Her life has now been held hostage because of this mandate," Fougner told CBS Denver.

"Here I am, willing to be a direct donor to her. It does not affect any other patient on the transplant list. How can I sit here and allow them to murder my friend when I've got a perfectly good kidney and can save her life?", she added.

In a statement to the news network, UCHealth said: "For transplant patients who contract COVID-19, the mortality rate ranges from about 20 percent to more than 30 percent. This shows the extreme risk that COVID-19 poses to transplant recipients after their surgeries"

Newsweek has contacted Lutali for comment.

With her religious beliefs taking priority, Lutali is now looking for a new hospital that does not require kidney surgery patients to be vaccinated against COVID-19.

However, it's not clear how common these hospitals are. The American Hospital Association, which represents nearly 5,000 hospitals, health care systems and networks in the U.S., told the AP that it didn't have data to share on the issue.

Although none of the COVID-19 vaccines contain any aborted fetal cells, fetal cell lines ? cells grown in the lab based on aborted fetal cells collected many years ago ? were used in testing during research and production of the mRNA vaccines (Pfizer and Moderna) and during the development of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

In March this year, Catholic bishops in the U.S. called out the Johnson & Johnson vaccine as having "additional moral concerns", due to the precise role fetal cells played in the vaccine's development.
    These fetal cells were used in pretty much ALL medical inventions, medications (even OTC ones) and advances. So if you feel this way you shouldn't take ANY medical care at any time.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...-down-n1281084

Organ centers to transplant patients: Get a Covid vaccine or move down on waitlist

At issue is whether unvaccinated patients are not only putting themselves at risk for Covid, but also squandering scarce organs that could benefit others.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 10-08-2021 at 11:35 AM.

Thread Information