Thread: Pregnant mother (Michelle McDonald, 31) and baby she carried dead

Pregnant mother (Michelle McDonald, 31) and baby she carried dead

https://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/woma...-hill-shooting

CINCINNATI ? A pregnant woman and the baby she was carrying have died after a shooting in West Price Hill Friday night, Cincinnati Police said.

Police arrived on First Avenue at 6:40 p.m. Friday night and found Michelle McDonald, 31, suffering from a gunshot wound. She was transported to University of Cincinnati Medical Center, where she died from her injuries.

Staff at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center worked to deliver McDonald's baby, but on Saturday, police announced the child had also died. McDonald's family said she had been due to give birth in just one month.

"I'm really hurt," said Minnie Evans, McDonald's aunt. "I'm really more depressed because I had to watch my niece in there. And it's devastating to see a 2-day-old baby that you know is going to pass away. She didn't have a chance. She didn't have a chance at all."

Evans said the baby went 13 minutes without oxygen after the shooting and the family decided to take the child off life support at 5:10 p.m. Saturday evening, after the baby's grandmother and uncle were able to hold her for the first and last time.

"We have to bury two people at the same time," said Dorthea Young, a cousin of McDonald. "Mother and child. Like, that's ridiculous. It's absurd to me."

Evans said McDonald's family fondly called her "Shelly" and said she was a loving daughter, sister, niece and mother to a 4-year-old girl named Rae Rae, who is now staying with grandparents.

Investigators have arrested and charged Antonio Wilcox, 31, with McDonald's murder. After the death of the baby, CPD officials said police plan to consult with the Hamilton County Prosecutor's Office on additional charges.

"It's sickening to me," said Young. "To me, he never deserves to see the light of day...He tore my family apart with this one. That's all I can say. He left a baby without a mother."

The family said McDonald and Wilcox had been dating for around a year and that he was the father of the baby McDonald carried.

Anyone with additional information is asked to call CPD's Homicide Unit at (513) 352-3542.

Man accused of killing his pregnant girlfriend and her unborn child

https://nypost.com/2021/07/19/man-ac...-unborn-child/

A Ohio man was arrested for allegedly killing his pregnant girlfriend and her unborn child last week in Cincinnati in front of the victim’s 4-year-old daughter, a report said.

The suspect, 31-year-old Antonio Wilcox is accused of fatally shooting Michelle McDonald, also 31 — who was more than eight months pregnant — at an apartment in the city’s West Price Hill neighborhood at about 6:40 p.m. Friday, police and relatives told WXIX.

“I just feel so much pain like it’s never going to end,” McDonald’s mother, Michelle Sanchez, told the news outlet during a Sunday night vigil for the slain woman.

After the shooting, McDonald’s unborn child was delivered in critical condition at University of Cincinnati Medical Center, but died hours later, according to WLWT.

The victim’s cousin, Adrian Blasingame, told the news station he was devastated for McDonald’s parents.

“Within a span of 24 hours, you lose your child and your unborn grandchild,” he told WXIX.

But Blasingame was thankful for the quick arrest of Wilcox, who they say had been dating McDonald at the time of the shooting.

“We got immediate justice, and it goes to show God is working with our family,” Blasingame told the station.

Neighbors near the shooting scene told WLWT that Wilcox had moved out of the apartment days before the fatal shooting.

Wilcox has been charged in McDonald’s death and is scheduled to face a judge on Wednesday.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    This is from the GoFundMe.

Michelle leaves behind a four year old daughter, who has no living parents. Two years ago Michelle's daughter lost her father in a car accident, caused by a drunk driver.

This isnt far from me. The family did the right thing by taking the baby off life support, though I was hoping they would make it.

Thread Information