Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
Good list Puzz!

One point though, the first vaccine came from outside of the Warp Speed Operation...They did not take government money and were not part of the program, so it's arguable that the initiative made it truly happen earlier than it would have otherwise. Also, the Trump rollout of the vaccine now that it's here has been abysmal. What's the point in rushing to make it if the government overseeing it slows everything down to a halt and people aren't getting vaccinated?
I didn't touch on the great sell off of public lands to oil and mining interest. Clearly a win if you want to despoil millions of acres of pristine wilderness for personal profit. Breaks my heart.

I don't disagree on the vaccine front... but it could be argued, and has been by a semi sane R veterinarian that I know... "the government didn't get in the way of vaccine development" and I do agree with that. The first vaccine would still have been developed, but still be lingering awaiting approval had the FDA been acting more like the very cautious org that they have been in the past. I don't know that Trump did anything to help, but his inaction... Anyway.

Yes deployment is a flustercluck. Trump was going to use the military. What happened with that? Is he holding them in reserve to say invade the capitol? Overturn the election?