Thread: Authorities bust Queens indoor wedding with nearly 300 guests, owner and venue manager given summons

Authorities bust Queens indoor wedding with nearly 300 guests, owner and venue manager given summons

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...vna-story.html

The honeymoon was over before it started.

City officials on Friday night shut down a Queens wedding where nearly 300 guests partied inside the Royal Elite Palace Caterers like it was 2019 ' drinking and dancing without face coverings or social distancing, authorities said Saturday.

Sheriffs arrived at the Garfield Ave. hall in Woodside at 11:50 p.m. after getting an anonymous complaint, and saw people slipping inside through an indoor parking garage as loud music blared from a band.

The reception, complete with dinner and drinks, was immediately shut down and the 284 guests sent home as authorities took the Royal Palace owner and manager into custody, authorities said.

Outraged neighbors on Saturday slammed the sprawling catering business for being so reckless.

'With all the spikes were getting right now'' asked Theresa Riano, 36, referring to recent reports of coronavirus clusters cropping up around the city.

'I'm furious ... in our community, everybody's wearing a mask when they go walk a dog," she fumed. 'And to hear that people just come in here, not wearing a mask, congregating more than 100 people ... it's frustrating."

Venue manager Paata Sichinava received four desk appearance tickets, while owner Aba Cohen was given a pair of summonses, authorities said. Both face a court hearing and potential fines if found guilty, officials said.

[More New York] Man stabbed dead by roommate in their Bronx apartment '
    A man who lives across the street claimed the venue continued operating illegally after COVID-19 restrictions shut down indoor dining across the city in March.

'There's always a party going on and they're always coming in from the back door," said Gennaro Barros, 57, a Woodside resident for 28 years. 'Since May they've been having parties. The majority of the time they're here until 3 a.m.'

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I'm so tired of assholes pulling this shit when I can't even go see my Mom who's going in for major surgery this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I'm so tired of assholes pulling this shit when I can't even go see my Mom who's going in for major surgery this week.
    Oh Boston, I am so sorry.

Im sorry, I hope everything goes well with the surgery and she's okay. Keep us posted.

My cousin got married recently, and she just live streamed the ceremony. There was like 8 people there.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I wonder if it would have been ok if the 300 ppl had masks on.

Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...vna-story.html

The honeymoon was over before it started.

City officials on Friday night shut down a Queens wedding where nearly 300 guests partied inside the Royal Elite Palace Caterers like it was 2019 ' drinking and dancing without face coverings or social distancing, authorities said Saturday.

Sheriffs arrived at the Garfield Ave. hall in Woodside at 11:50 p.m. after getting an anonymous complaint, and saw people slipping inside through an indoor parking garage as loud music blared from a band.

The reception, complete with dinner and drinks, was immediately shut down and the 284 guests sent home as authorities took the Royal Palace owner and manager into custody, authorities said.

Outraged neighbors on Saturday slammed the sprawling catering business for being so reckless.

'With all the spikes were getting right now'' asked Theresa Riano, 36, referring to recent reports of coronavirus clusters cropping up around the city.

'I'm furious ... in our community, everybody's wearing a mask when they go walk a dog," she fumed. 'And to hear that people just come in here, not wearing a mask, congregating more than 100 people ... it's frustrating."

Venue manager Paata Sichinava received four desk appearance tickets, while owner Aba Cohen was given a pair of summonses, authorities said. Both face a court hearing and potential fines if found guilty, officials said.

[More New York] Man stabbed dead by roommate in their Bronx apartment '
    A man who lives across the street claimed the venue continued operating illegally after COVID-19 restrictions shut down indoor dining across the city in March.

'There's always a party going on and they're always coming in from the back door," said Gennaro Barros, 57, a Woodside resident for 28 years. 'Since May they've been having parties. The majority of the time they're here until 3 a.m.'
    Now the question comes how many people will end up dead because of these leaders didn't give a shit over COVID-19 safety issues.

I'm sorry. If it was me, I would be thinking of any way I could to be there although I know it is not possible. I'll say a prayer and put a good outcome for your mother out to the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLanders View Post
    Now the question comes how many people will end up dead because of these leaders didn't give a shit over COVID-19 safety issues.
    I was wondering when the NYC COVID count will start to reflect this. I think it is the second one this month.

Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    I was wondering when the NYC COVID count will start to reflect this. I think it is the second one this month.
    The 2nd reported one. Ppl in nyc party, lots. Lots of gatherings/parties. The jews. The italians. The west indians. Blacks. Whites. They all have huge parties every weekend.

I hope they sould stop doing bad things for others.

I'll be praying that everything goes well with the surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    I wonder if it would have been ok if the 300 ppl had masks on.
    No. Someone would've still contracted the coronavirus I bet from wearing their mask improperly.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLanders View Post
    A lot! They just reopened Florida and all the theme parks. It's going to get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwichird View Post
    I hope they sould stop doing bad things for others.
    This is America and Americans don't care. They cry if you infringe upon their rights.
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Off topic, but since so many people were sending well wishes. I figured I would update. Just this morning we found out that my Mom doesn't need the surgery. It would have been for a blocked carotid artery, however the surgeon had a CT scan done as he was suspicious of the Ultrasound and as it turns out, the technician that read the Ultrasound made a mistake. They said that she was 90% blocked after having this same surgery only 3 years ago, but she's actually clear in one and only 50% in the other which doesn't warrant surgery. So this is AMAZING news!

The reasons I wouldn't be able to see her are obvious. Not only is it super dangerous for her to get Covid, but the hospital wouldn't have allowed any one to be there anyway. The results were so dire that they had this on a rush and I would have had zero opportunity to quarantine myself even if I had wanted to. Thank you everyone for the good energy! It worked!

Off topic, but since so many people were sending well wishes. I figured I would update. Just this morning we found out that my Mom doesn't need the surgery. It would have been for a blocked carotid artery, however the surgeon had a CT scan done as he was suspicious of the Ultrasound and as it turns out, the technician that read the Ultrasound made a mistake. They said that she was 90% blocked after having this same surgery only 3 years ago, but she's actually clear in one and only 50% in the other which doesn't warrant surgery. So this is AMAZING news!

The reasons I wouldn't be able to see her are obvious. Not only is it super dangerous for her to get Covid, but the hospital wouldn't have allowed any one to be there anyway. The results were so dire that they had this on a rush and I would have had zero opportunity to quarantine myself even if I had wanted to. Thank you everyone for the good energy! It worked!
    Such good news!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

So glad to hear that BB73! You can tell your mom that an entire website of weirdos wished her luck and good health!

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    So glad to hear that BB73! You can tell your mom that an entire website of weirdos wished her luck and good health!

Thread Information