Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fahim Saleh (33) was found decapitated and dismembered in Lower East Side apartment

Fahim Saleh (33) Dismembered at a New York City Apartment

https://abc7ny.com/tech-entrepreneur...condo/6318066/

LOWER EAST SIDE, Manhattan (WABC) -- Police have identfied the man whose body was found dismembered and left in bags inside his multi-million dollar condo on the Lower East Side.

He is 33-year-old Fahim Saleh of the 200 block of East Houston Street.

Police were continuing their investigation Wednesday morning and apparently have video of the victim with a suspect inside the building.

Authorities responded to the scene on the 7th floor at 365 East Houston St. just after 3:30 p.m. Tuesday.

A woman who says she is best friends with the victim said police found the body inside the $2.4 million condo after a neighbor heard screaming and "loud noises" on Monday.

She said the neighbor called the victim's sister who checked on him and found his dismembered body in his condo.

His limbs and head were stuffed in bags in the living room.

NewsCopter 7 was overhead as an officer helped his sister and her brother's dog to a police car.

Police sources say there is video of the victim, a tech entrepreneur, with his killer in the building Monday.

The condos in the building are full-floor and the keyed elevator opens right into the apartment.

Inside the man's living room, sources say it appeared the killer worked hard to cover their tracks, but was perhaps interrupted or got spooked before getting rid of the evidence.

"I've never met anyone like him, he's always on the go, extremely positive, uplifting, the glass is half full, just a really really, good friend who's always always there for you," the victim's friend said.

It remains unclear how the victim died. Investigators are on the scene to examine the remains for trauma that would have caused his death.

Gokada, ride-sharing startup company based in Nigeria that was co-founded by Fahim Saleh, released the following statement Wednesday through its Twitter account:

We are deeply saddened to inform you about the sudden and tragic loss of our founder and CEO, Fahim Saleh. Fahim was a great leader, inspiration and positive light for all of us. Our hearts go out to his friends, family and all those feeling the pain and heartbreak we are currently experiencing, here at Gokada. Fahim's vision and belief in us will be with us forever, and we will miss him dearly. Thank you for understanding as we get through this.

Fahim Saleh (33) was found decapitated and dismembered in Lower East Side apartment

https://www.facebook.com/fahimsaleh
    https://www.instagram.com/fahims/

A man was found decapitated and dismembered in his Lower East Side apartment Tuesday afternoon, according to the New York Police Department.

The man's body was found shortly after 3:30 p.m. in the East Houston Street building, officials said.

Police identified the victim as 33-year-old Fahim Saleh, a globe-trotting tech entrepreneur, according to his LinkedIn page.

According to a police source, it was the victim's own sister who made the grisly discovery in his luxury apartment.

Investigators told WPIX that Saleh's sister found an electric saw, still plugged into the outlet, and her brother's limbs placed in bags.

Mitchel Glixon was walking his dog past 265 East Houston around 3 p.m. Wednesday when the woman burst out of the lobby, screaming and crying.

"She just says 'he has no head' and pointed to her arms and kind of making an arm motion as she went back to the lobby. People kind of surrounded her at that point," Glixon said.

Officers said the victim was last seen on surveillance video entering the apartment Monday afternoon; 24 hours later, police dogs searched the surrounding area for clues.

Police sources said the surveillance video shows Saleh and a well-dressed man all in black following him into the elevator that goes right to his apartment. It is believed this is when he was attacked.

Neighbor Jason Gabriel tried to process the news. "It's a scary time right now. People have pent up anger. A lot of stuff is going on, so I'm praying for the guy," he said.

Submit tips to police by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477), visiting www.nypdcrimestoppers.com, downloading the NYPD Crime Stoppers mobile app, or texting 274637 (CRIMES) then entering TIP577. Spanish-speaking callers are asked to dial 1-888-57-PISTA (74782).

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Wow. Now THIS is conspiracy theory kind of shit. I wonder if the man in black was with him or just followed him. That's creepy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I wonder why the guy went to the trouble of dismembering him if he was just going to leave him in the apartment?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I wonder why the guy went to the trouble of dismembering him if he was just going to leave him in the apartment?
    I read through some of the posts from friends. They're saying that there's a "Venture Capital Mafia" which seems plausible to me. I'm thinking that the Sister might have shown up before they finished the clean up job. They probably thought they would have more time to dispose of him. That's my take..

Thanks for posting. I was keeping an eye on this one but missed when they announced who it was.

This thread must merge with the link here due to updates Thanks.

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...Side-apartment

The Details get crazier.

Aw! He looks like a fun, happy guy. I don't think he deserved to be dismembered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Aw! He looks like a fun, happy guy. I don't think he deserved to be dismembered.
    How kind of you to say.

Sorry, couldn't help it.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Betcha it?s about money

Do sad unhappy people deserve to be dismembered? Lol

I feel so bad for his sister. I can't imagine seeing my loved one like that.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Bizarre. Dismemberment just feels like one of those jobs that you keep at until you're finished. Strange that the sister walked in to find the job half done. Were the dismemberers out to lunch or something? Just, weird.

I'm going to guess this is business related, maybe a mob thing. Obviously they wanted Saleh to "disappear" and dismemberment was the easiest way to get him out of the apartment (maybe via the trash chute/incinerator?). If they were successful in disappearing Saleh (vs having him simply murdered), it would have held up his estate and complicated the investigation (with no body).
    Last edited by KimTisha; 07-16-2020 at 05:30 AM.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

https://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/...do/5442493002/

Here is more

Fahim Saleh was a role model and a man with an 'indomitable will," his friend and business partner Ahmed Fahad wrote.

Fahad expressed his disbelief at the loss of his mentor in a letter posted to the website Medium.com and provided to the Journal on Wednesday.

Saleh, a John Jay High School graduate who became an internet mogul from his parents' Hopewell Junction home was found dismembered in his luxury Manhattan condo, police said Wednesday.

Fahim Saleh, 33, was found at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday inside his apartment on East Houston Street on the Lower East Side. An electric saw was left behind, police said Wednesday.

A relative called police after going to check on Saleh and making the gruesome discovery. Responding officers discovered a clothed torso, bags containing a head and arms and the electric saw in the living room, police said.

Investigators also recovered security video showing Saleh exiting an elevator that leads directly into the full-floor, two-bedroom apartment earlier Tuesday afternoon closely followed by someone dressed entirely in black, including a mask, according to a law enforcement official who was briefed on the case. It also shows a struggle between the two ensuing at the entrance to the apartment, said the official, who wasn’t authorized to discuss the investigation and spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Police believe that the relative may have interrupted the intruder before that person fled out a back exit.

Saleh was the chief executive officer of a ride-hailing motorcycle startup called Gokada that began operating in Nigeria in 2018. The company confirmed his death on Twitter Wednesday and said, “Fahim was a great leader, inspiration and positive light for all of us."

The company later posted: "As painful as these last days have been for us, we at Gokada owe it to ourselves and to Fahim’s memory to act and fulfill his visions for the company and for Nigerian youth. ... Fahim’s passion for Nigeria and it’s youth was immeasurable. He believed young Nigerians are extremely bright and talented individuals who would flourish if given the opportunity.”

Saleh listed Poughkeepsie as his hometown on his Facebook page, but according to Journal archives he lived in Hopewell Junction and graduated from John Jay in 2005.

In this 2007 file photo, 20-year-old Fahim Saleh is pictured in his home office in Hopewell Junction.
    He was born in Saudi Arabia and "moved quite a bit before settling in Rochester," according to his bio on the Gokada site. His "interest in computers developed" as an eighth-grader in Poughkeepsie, the site said.

Making thousands from Hopewell home, with friends
    In 2003, while still living with his parents, he created WizTeen, a network of around a dozen websites targeted at teens and tweens that allowed for customizing social media and instant messenger services. It was, by the time he was 20, a six-figure business, according to archives.

In a blog post on Medium.com dated Oct. 2, 2018, he described the experience:

"At first, the sites only netted a few bucks a month in revenue – which was still pretty cool to my 16-year-old mind – but after I teamed up with another young developer, Kyle Kapper, I began bringing in real income,” Saleh wrote.

The two created a network of websites that generated more than $200,000 annually, but he said the network dwindled by the time he graduated from Bentley University.

Fahad said he met Saleh in 2015, when he was 17-years old. He said Saleh took a chance on him as a high school student and became a mentor.

The two worked together on various projects, the most recent a tech startup called Pathao. According to its site, the company provides ride sharing, food delivery and e-commerce logistics services in Bangladesh. Fahad said Saleh left the company in 2017 in the hopes of "unlocking new opportunities.

"When I met Fahim in 2015, he was already an impressive guy, a role model even," Fahad wrote. "Over the years, I came to know his many... human flaws, but when I think of Fahim Saleh tonight, I remember his indomitable will, his complete and utter disregard for status quo, and his lopsided extreme focus to make things happen. I remember a man who changes things and people."

Investigators were exploring whether the killing could have been related to Saleh’s business dealings. They also were checking security camera video from around the neighborhood to try to learn where the assailant fled.

Apartments in the 10-story building where Saleh’s remains were discovered sell for more than $2 million. The building was completed in 2017 as part of a wave of gentrification in the once gritty neighborhood.

Saleh’s LinkedIn biography described him as a self-taught businessman who founded Gokada building on his experience of first “seeing an opportunity in his parent’s native country of Bangladesh” and starting that country’s largest ride-sharing company. It said he also was invested in a similar venture in Colombia.

Quote Originally Posted by wheresthebeef View Post
    Do sad unhappy people deserve to be dismembered? Lol
    Assholes that treat you like shit deserve to have their pretty faces cut up then dismembered. Just my thoughts. Lol!

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...a6u-story.html

Fahim Saleh is now named in a new allegation over his handling over a previous app he was the leader of called "PrankDial" and it was used in a Wiretapping case in New Jersey. Note somebody who killed him think's Fahim Saleh was some type of Martin Shkreli or Elizabeth Holmes type person. Note this was prior to Saleh becoming the leader of Gokada.

The tech bro found sliced into pieces in his $2.25 million Lower East Side condo made a name for himself by creating a prank phone call app that led to the downfall of a Hudson County, N.J. jail honcho.

Fahim Saleh’s app, PrankDial, allowed a user to set up a call between two other people and then secretly listen in.

Kirk Eady, the former deputy director of Hudson County Correctional Facility, was sentenced to 21 months in prison in Sept. 2015 for “illegally wiretapping” employees critical of his job performance. Eady has an ongoing lawsuit against Saleh and others for misleading him about the legality of the app, which he used to secretly monitor his critics.

Saleh, found dismembered in his apartment alongside an electric saw, had recently started a ride-hailing motorcycle app, Gorkada, in Lagos, Nigeria.
    Saleh wrote in a 2018 Medium post that PrankDial began as a passion project inspired by his love of prank calls when he was young.

PrankDial relied on users not to make calls to 11 states where the app’s service was illegal. The app was an instant hit and generated up to $2 million annually, he wrote.

“Over its lifetime, PrankDial.com has generated more than $10 million,” Saleh wrote. “No joke.”

The app was no laughing matter for Eady. The former jail official used PrankDial’s “evil operator” function to monitor communications between Hudson County jail union officials and the operator of a website critical of jail management.

“Eady used Evil Operator to initiate calls between them and secretly record the resulting conversations. Eady then retaliated against the union members by changing their work schedules, placing anonymous calls to their spouses accusing them of infidelity, and registering one of them as a member of the Ku Klux Klan,” judges at the 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals wrote in 2016, affirming Eady’s conviction.

Eady sued Saleh and other corporate defendants last year, claiming PrankDial misled him about its legality. The suit noted that Eady lost his job and pension. He sought damages no less than $10 million.

Efforts to reach Eady were unsuccessful. A call to his attorney was not returned. A call to the chief operating officer of PrankDial was not returned.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLanders View Post
    https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...a6u-story.html

Fahim Saleh is now named in a new allegation over his handling over a previous app he was the leader of called "PrankDial" and it was used in a Wiretapping case in New Jersey. Note somebody who killed him think's Fahim Saleh was some type of Martin Shkreli or Elizabeth Holmes type person. Note this was prior to Saleh becoming the leader of Gokada.
    And the plot thickens. This guy most likely pissed off the wrong person with this app. I wonder if Eady was about to lose the lawsuit and decided to take matters into his own hands and either did this himself, or got an ex-prisoner he was on good terms with to do it for him.

Or it could have been one of Eady's victims. This is interesting, and I'm gonna keep my eye on this.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

This used to be two separate threads and one of them had the sister's FB link. I can't find it now, nor can I find her by searching FB. She may have deleted her account yesterday, but the link should still be in this thread.....
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

https://gothamist.com/news/beheaded-...o-idd-tech-ceo

Police have identified the man whose headless and limbless body was found inside his Lower East Side condo on Tuesday afternoon alongside an electric saw. They are now combing through surveillance video, and have focused on a man believed to be the victim's killer.

The victim was identified as Fahim Saleh, a 33-year-old tech entrepreneur who resided in a condo at 265 East Houston Street, which he reportedly purchased for over $2 million late last year. Saleh was the CEO of Gokada, a Nigeria-based motorcycle-sharing company, and frequently updated his social media feeds with photos of his new home and his vision for his company.

In February, he posted a video asking for support "to regulate motorcycle taxis rather than ban them."

Police from the 7th Precinct made the grisly discovery at 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday following a welfare check requested by Saleh's sister. His head and limbs were dismembered, and placed in plastic bags. An electric saw was also found at the scene, and was still plugged in. Police soon set up a crime scene, ushering a woman believed to be the victim's sister into the building and to her brother's seventh floor apartment.

Though police have no official suspects, the Daily News reports that video surveillance from the apartment building shows Saleh inside an elevator with a man in a suit wearing gloves, a hat, and mask. Sources told the paper that once Saleh walked out of the elevator he fell onto the floor, either shot or stunned.

“The perp had a suitcase. He was very professional,” a police source told the Daily News.

Months before his death, Saleh posted a video on his Twitter account admonishing Nigerian authorities who issued a crackdown on his company, according to Reuters. He also defended Gokada in several posts he shared on Medium. The company shared news of his death on Twitter:

"Entrepreneurs are the ones that really change countries; that really change cities. They're the ones who bring the vision that he wants to bring the passion. They're the ones who bring people together to make amazing things happen." said Saleh.

NBC News reports that Saleh — described by a close friend as a "positive person who always saw the glass half full"— was a target. His killing may have been motivated from the "result of a bad business deal."

Here is another allegation that is being used against the victim one but they are focusing on the Nigerian connection over their Motorcycle regulations.
    Somebody in Nigeria or New Jersey thinks Saleh needed to die.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-n...-idUSKBN1ZQ2GF

LAGOS (Reuters) - Nigeria’s business capital Lagos will ban commercial motorcycles from nearly the entire city, citing overcrowding and safety, authorities said on Monday, a move that could change the commute for thousands and threaten ride-hailing startups.

The Lagos state government announced on Twitter that it would ban motorcycles, commonly known as okadas, from operating in most of Lagos because of what it described as their “chaos and disorderliness” and “scary figures” of fatal accidents.

Companies such as Max.ng, Oride and Gokada have been aiming to capitalize on the congested Lagos roads and the city’s teeming population to expand their operations.

The ban cites a 2018 law to bar okadas and small three-wheeled vehicles known as kekes from Feb. 1. It would bar them from virtually all the main commercial and residential neighborhoods. Only one major area, far west of central Lagos, was not listed.

It could anger Lagosians who rely on the two- and three-wheeled vehicles to zip through intense congestion that regularly traps larger vehicles for hours, as well as the drivers who rely on them for income.

On Tuesday morning, passengers queued up in the center of town, some hopping on Gokadas with their signature green helmets and others waiting their turn for one of dozens of other drivers who zipped away as quickly as they arrived.

As yellow kekes streamed past, Lagos resident Folarin Bosun said the government could not offer an alternative to okadas and kekes - which are often his only option to get to work on time.

“RESTRICTION ON POOR PEOPLE”
    “Whatever the plan is, it’s not going to be good enough,” he said.

Chinedu Azodoh, cofounder of Max.ng, said their bikes are above the 200 cubic centimeter engine size banned under the law, and that he had not heard directly from the government. But a ban, he said, amounted to “a restriction on poor people.

Gbenga Omotoso, Lagos state commissioner of information and strategy, said the ban would affect all passenger companies and only courier service companies would be exempt.

“They have been found to have become part of the problem they set out to resolve,” he said of commercial motorcycle companies.

Max.ng, which also operates in Kano, Ibadan and Akure in Nigeria, had an investment round last year that raised more than $5 million.

Startup Gokada also raised $5 million last year for its Lagos operations. Founder Fahim Saleh said that while their bikes are also above 200cc, he was not sure about the impact of the ban on them.

“It’s disappointing,” he said, adding they would seek to expand its operations in courier and logistics services. “We don’t know how it’s going to be enforced.”

ORide, part of OPay in which Norwegian software firm Opera Ltd has an equity interest, also offers ride-hailing motorcycles in Lagos. Reuters could not immediately reach the company for comment.

In June, Gokada told Reuters that there are an estimated 8 million okada drivers operating across Nigeria.

Nigeria needs to worry more about their princes.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I combined Mike's thread with the thread we already had, but I didn't change or delete anything. Not sure about the sister's FB. Is it possible you saw it on another site because I don't remember seeing it on here?
    Entirely possible.

I found it in my browsing history. I wanted to further explore this comment on an unrelated post on the sister's page (emphasis added):

Khalid Islam No but I do want to help find Fahim's killer. My network, skills and experience are at your service. He was a good friend. I can't sleep knowing his killer is still out there. I'm sorry for your loss.
    1d

Nkiru Gloria Nwaziki Khalid Islam how will you even help find the killer?
    17h

Sharika Daniels-Dixon Khalid Islam he had to know the monster who did this since the elevator went straight to his apartment. Hopefully they look into his phone and text records. Maybe there's information somewhere on either of those. I pray they find who did this. May he rest in peace ��.... So sorry for the loss of this young man. My prayers are with you all.
    10h
    Just curious about his network, skills and experience.

Nigeria needs to worry more about their princes.
    I recently learned I am related to a Nigerian Prince. I didn't know anything about it until he died and left me his fortune. Must have found me through one of those DNA tests. Still waiting on the final settlement.
    Last edited by KimTisha; 07-16-2020 at 10:21 AM.

Police believe that the relative may have interrupted the intruder before that person fled out a back exit.
    *Boston looks around for her toaster*

Thread Information