Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery (25) was shot and killed by an ex cop and his son, because he was jogging and they said he looked like a person suspected in recent break-ins

Ahmaud Arbery (25) was shot and killed by an ex cop and his son, because he was jogging and they said he looked like a person suspected in recent break-ins

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/05/us/ah...ing/index.html

The fatal shooting of a black man -- apparently recorded on video in February and posted online Tuesday by a local radio station host -- will go to a grand jury in coastal Georgia, according to a district attorney.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-27-2022 at 12:08 PM.

I'm glad you posted this article. This seems like another George Zimmerman case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    I'm glad you posted this article. This seems like another George Zimmerman case.
    I didn't see your post before I replied to your PM, but as I said in that, this is also totally what I think. This was just someone looking to kill this man and find an excuse to get away with it IMO. I saw in one article where they were bringing up the fact that he had a shoplifting conviction from high school as an excuse. That's as bad as "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".

I just saw on CNN where they arrested these Zimmerman copy cats!

Too bad it took so long and a viral video for that to happen.

Geezus, this is incredible. It looks like they were lying in wait for him? Where did the video come from? Who would have known to start filming? Was it a dashcam from a car traveling behind Arbery? Or was someone else there?

ETA: Someone else was there. Found this, can't confirm the accuracy of it but...

Sarah Combs
    18 hrs ?

This is absolutely digusting and disturbing to me. We all know without a shadow of a doubt if this had been black vigilantes gunning down a WHITE former highschool football star in a small redneck town, they would have ALL been arrested on the spot FOR MURDER, if not worse. The fact that state prosecutors tried to blow this over, and attempted to stay on the case knowing they had affiliations with these MURDER SUSPECTS is sickening. THIS SHOWS RACISM IS FAR FROM DEAD!!

DID ANYONE EVEN READ THE PROSECUTORS LETTER?!?!?! " It appears Travis McMichael, Greg McMichael and Bryan Williams were following in ‘hot pursuit,’ a burglary suspect, with solid first hand probable cause, in their neighborhood, and asking/telling him to stop. It appears their intent was to stop and hold this criminal suspect until law enforcement arrived. Under Georgia law this is perfectly legal.” then continued to say “A private person may arrest an offender if the offense is committed in his presence or within his immediate knowledge.”

So I'm white and I wouldn't let another person hold me at gunpoint without putting up a fight myself. So now days its okay to chase "suspects" with guns. Funny how he changed paths to avoid these white supremacists and they still followed and gunned him down. So we the people are allowed to patrol neighborhoods and act as law enforcement now. BC atleast thats what I'm getting from Brunswick Georgia

What is the first hand probable cause? Hes black? Hes running? Hes in your neighborhood? This is racism at its best. What we see everyday, but is never stopped. Even with the police our people never see no sympathy. No compassion and this unacceptable as a nation and as humanity. And yes OUR people bc I feel there is no skin color, or race, or heritage that should separate man kind. We are ALL EQUAL, and we all deserve the right to equal treatment. NOTHING CAN BRING THIS MAN BACK TO HIS FAMILY, BUT HIS LOVED ONES STILL DESERVE JUSTICE. And pray to God they find it������
    Williams was probably videotaping for 'evidence' so they could show the police how they took down the 'criminal.' The irony....
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Who carries a shot gun around with them? This was premeditated.

The victim probably jogged that path routinely and they stalked him and knew that.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I would start fighting too if someone came at me with a shotgun.
    I'm haunted by the thought of what was going through that poor guy's head as three redneck goons chased him down with shotguns. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Who carries a shot gun around with them? This was premeditated.

The victim probably jogged that path routinely and they stalked him and knew that.
    This. It's looking worse and worse. Police say they have no reports of burglars in the area. WTF....

This article has photos of William "Roddy" Bryan. I read somewhere (this article maybe?) that his arrest is expected shortly. Also, according to this article, an attorney released the video because he felt people "needed to know." Hope he wasn't Bryan's attorney.

https://heavy.com/news/2020/05/william-roddy-bryan/
    Last edited by KimTisha; 05-10-2020 at 05:13 AM. Reason: deleted the echo
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

I have a feeling that with all the publicity surrounding this case, they're going to move the trial to a different city.

Man who recorded Ahmaud Arbery shooting receiving threats, lawyer says

https://nypost.com/2020/05/09/man-wh...hreats-lawyer/

The man who shot the consequential video of Ahmaud Arbery?s killing is now receiving threats amid cries for his arrest, his attorney said.

The revelation comes after the Georgia Bureau of Investigation revealed the identity of the videographer, William ?Roddie? Bryan, and announced he is under investigation.

?Mr. Bryan, his fiancee, his children, his siblings and other family members, friends and neighbors now live in fear despite the fact that Mr. Bryan has committed no crime and fully cooperated with the investigation into the shooting,? Bryan?s attorney, Kevin Gough, said in a statement to First Coast News in Glynn County Friday.

Bryan, a neighbor of accused killers Greg McMichael and his son Travis, captured video of the Feb. 23 shooting while trailing Arbery from his vehicle.

The video ignited mass public outcry when it leaked to the public earlier this month, leading to the McMichaels? arrest.

Gough said Bryan has now lost his job, and disputed claims he was armed during the dispute.

?Contrary to irresponsible media reports, Mr. Bryan was unarmed at the time of the shooting. Roddie is a family man, NASCAR fan, and enjoys rock and roll. He is not now, and never has been, a ?vigilante,?? Gough said.

He said his client answered police questions during a ?lengthy interview? following the shooting and gave consent to search his cellphone.

Gough did not disclose the nature of the threats.

Last edited by up2trouble; 05-09-2020 at 04:48 PM.

This is all I found:

Shooting video - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...78922238606272

surveillance video - https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...0k9cr80R7CTnL/

I used Chrome and viewed through the incognito window to keep from having to turn off my ad-blocker.
    Last edited by up2trouble; 05-09-2020 at 05:21 PM.

I would like to see said 'surveillance videos' released.
    Police said there were no reports of burglary in the neighborhood. I wonder if the videos are from Ring doorbells and posted on the Neighbors app? Most people who post on there don't call the police - at least not in my neighborhood. It's all just a bunch of reports of "this guy knocked on my door when I wasn't home and walked away when I didn't answer - burglar!"

Watched the video Up2Trouble posted. So this guy was shot because he walked into a house under construction and looked around?!?! Good Lord, I'd be dead a hundred times by now. Ugh.
    Last edited by KimTisha; 05-10-2020 at 05:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    So this guy was shot because he walked into a house under construction and looked around?!?! Good Lord, I'd be dead a hundred times by now. Ugh.
    I've done this lots of times. Often, someone is there and will give me a tour.

Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    When we were building our house, we came out to our land several times and found people inside looking around. We also looked inside our nearest neighbors' houses while they were being built last year...so should we have been shot for that?!

When we were building our house, we came out to our land several times and found people inside looking around. We also looked inside our nearest neighbors' houses while they were being built last year...so should we have been shot for that?!
    Right?! Seriously, how many people do this? It's not like he walked out of the front door with a couple of Andersen windows under his arms and a bathroom sink on his back, FFS. Because really, what else is there to take in a house under construction? This whole case just infuriates me. People here know that I usually reserve judgement until all of the facts have been presented in court. I'm having a real hard time doing that here. These goons chased him down and killed him. It literally makes me feel sick to my stomach and makes my heart hurt. Rest in peace Ahmaud, I'm sorry you crossed paths with murderous racists...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    People here know that I usually reserve judgement until all of the facts have been presented in court. I'm having a real hard time doing that here. These goons chased him down and killed him.
    I jumped to a conclusion a while ago:

1. I have yet to see it mentioned that there was a neighborhood watch patrol. These two just "organized" themselves. Even if was official, aren't you supposed to call the cops and not kill?

2. This guy had law enforcement background; he knew the rules.

3. As racist as it sounds, to some people "we all look alike". They might have been targeting him for something someone else had done to them personally. (No, I don't believe robbing the neighborhood story.)

When I moved from Augusta to the middle of nowhere NY, it was a smidgen better. However, I have discovered sometimes it's the same but with a different accent. These type of people are everywhere. Thankfully, not all people are the same.
    Last edited by up2trouble; 05-10-2020 at 03:17 PM.

3. As racist as it sounds, to some people "we all look alike". They might have been targeting him for something someone else had done to them personally. (No, I don't believe robbing the neighborhood story.)
    I think I read on here or somewhere that the ex-cop was familiar with Ahmaud, because of the shoplifting or gun charge.

I'm on my cell, but here's some recent news.
    Guy arrested for making terroristic threats towards future Maud protests.
    https://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/c...IRBTH5HUIXURM/

1. I have yet to see it mentioned that there was a neighborhood watch patrol. These two just "organized" themselves. Even if was official, aren't you supposed to call the cops and not kill?

2. This guy had law enforcement background; he knew the rules.
    This is correct. Neighborhood Watch is a citizen/police program that fosters awareness of your neighborhood and cooperation with the police. It doesn't usually involve "patrols" but it can. They are usually carried out in a non-threatening manner like a drive/walk/jog/bike through the neighborhood - and never armed. You are right when you say they "organized themselves." And yes, he knew better. He knew better than anyone that what he was doing was wrong. He's a dangerous man.

Yep. McMichael Sr. had previously investigated Arbery in a shoplifting case years back (Arbery was 16 I think?). Local police state no recent reports of burglaries in the area, but in January, McMichael Sr. (or his next-door neighbor, it wasn't clear) had a handgun stolen from an unlocked truck parked in front of the residence. I suspect that's what set this whole thing off. A handgun got stolen, he recognizes the jogger who runs thru his neighhborhood as Arbery, the little thief he investigated for shoplifting. Since he's such an ace investigator, this is all the evidence he needs before he decides to take the law into his own hands.

Ex-pastor goes on run with TV to make point about Ahmaud Arbery shooting

https://nypost.com/2020/05/12/white-...ahmaud-arbery/

A white former pastor said he ran more than two miles clutching a flat-screen TV to prove that the color of his skin was enough to protect him from meeting the same fate as unarmed black jogger Ahmaud Arbery.

Two white men, Gregory McMichael, 64, and his son, Travis McMichael, 34, have been arrested on charges of murder and aggravated assault in the death of the 25-year-old men, who was gunned down Feb. 23.

The two men told police they believed Arbery was a burglar.

Richard Demsick, 34, a former pastor in Vero Beach, Florida, said he felt it didn’t matter what he wore or how “suspicious” he looked — that just being white was enough to keep him safe, according to Insider.

As part of the #IRunWithMaud movement, a virtual protest in honor of what would have been the victim’s 26th birthday, Demsick posted a video on TikTok that has garnered over a million views.

“I just started crying when I just saw this poor young man running — as I have thousands of times in my life — get shot down,” he told Insider.

Demsick said he thought that “maybe I should run with a TV to show that being a suspicious character isn’t enough that someone should be shot down. Being a white person, that’s just not going to happen to me.”

So on Friday, he ran 2.23 miles though his neighborhood – which did have a string of burglaries — while carrying the TV.

“All right, I’ve figured it out,” he says in the video. “I got my hat on backwards, I’m shirtless, like I’m on some episode of ‘Cops,’ I’m running with a TV, someone’s going to stop me now for sure, ’cause, if not, what was the problem with Ahmaud?”

Rather than being met with suspicion or hostility, he said, his neighbors waved and smiled as he ran by.

“Not a soul” even asked him later what he was up to, he said.

In another video on Mother’s Day, Demsick asked his mom whether she was scared for him during his experimental jog — or whether she thought the cops would be called.

“No, of course not,” she said.

“Huh, I wonder why that is,” he replied.

Black mothers, Demsick told Insider, would likely not feel the same.

https://www.tiktok.com/@jestertothek...62553498914053
    Last edited by up2trouble; 05-12-2020 at 06:13 AM.

Ex-pastor goes on run with TV to make point about Ahmaud Arbery shooting

https://nypost.com/2020/05/12/white-...ahmaud-arbery/

A white former pastor said he ran more than two miles clutching a flat-screen TV to prove that the color of his skin was enough to protect him from meeting the same fate as unarmed black jogger Ahmaud Arbery.

Two white men, Gregory McMichael, 64, and his son, Travis McMichael, 34, have been arrested on charges of murder and aggravated assault in the death of the 25-year-old men, who was gunned down Feb. 23.

The two men told police they believed Arbery was a burglar.

Richard Demsick, 34, a former pastor in Vero Beach, Florida, said he felt it didn’t matter what he wore or how “suspicious” he looked — that just being white was enough to keep him safe, according to Insider.

As part of the #IRunWithMaud movement, a virtual protest in honor of what would have been the victim’s 26th birthday, Demsick posted a video on TikTok that has garnered over a million views.

“I just started crying when I just saw this poor young man running — as I have thousands of times in my life — get shot down,” he told Insider.

Demsick said he thought that “maybe I should run with a TV to show that being a suspicious character isn’t enough that someone should be shot down. Being a white person, that’s just not going to happen to me.”

So on Friday, he ran 2.23 miles though his neighborhood – which did have a string of burglaries — while carrying the TV.

“All right, I’ve figured it out,” he says in the video. “I got my hat on backwards, I’m shirtless, like I’m on some episode of ‘Cops,’ I’m running with a TV, someone’s going to stop me now for sure, ’cause, if not, what was the problem with Ahmaud?”

Rather than being met with suspicion or hostility, he said, his neighbors waved and smiled as he ran by.

“Not a soul” even asked him later what he was up to, he said.

In another video on Mother’s Day, Demsick asked his mom whether she was scared for him during his experimental jog — or whether she thought the cops would be called.

“No, of course not,” she said.

“Huh, I wonder why that is,” he replied.

Black mothers, Demsick told Insider, would likely not feel the same.

https://www.tiktok.com/@jestertothek...62553498914053
    This is amazing. So true.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

On my cell.
    This is a link talking about the defense lawyers that are defending the McMichaels.
    https://www.13wmaz.com/mobile/articl...7-6a9d67b340eb
    If Franklin Hogue sounds familiar, it's because he represented my friend's killer, Stephen McDaniel.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    This is all I found:

Shooting video - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...78922238606272

surveillance video - https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...0k9cr80R7CTnL/

I used Chrome and viewed through the incognito window to keep from having to turn off my ad-blocker.
    Honestly. How can anyone identify anyone from that surveillance video? I can't see a damn thing except stick figures in the distance that could be any race.

This McMichael asshole had it out for Ahmaud and was looking for any reason to kill him. I'm convinced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Sister of Ahmaud Arbery's alleged killer posted picture of his body to Snapchat

https://nypost.com/2020/05/18/sister...y-to-snapchat/

The sister of the man charged with gunning down Ahmaud Arbery said she posted pictures of the unarmed black jogger's dead body online because she is 'a true-crime fan,' according to a new report.

Lindsay McMichael, 30, admitted posting an unedited image of a blood-soaked Arbery lying on the street in Brunswick, Georgia, on Snapchat, but said she meant no harm, the Sun reported Monday.

'I had no nefarious or malicious intent when I posted that picture,' she told the outlet. 'The thing is I'm a huge fan of true crime ' I listen to four or five podcasts a week ' I'm constantly watching that sort of thing.'

'It was more of a, 'Holy s't, I can't believe this has happened,'' she added. 'It was absolutely poor judgment.'

However, a lawyer for Arbery's family called the image 'deeply disturbing.'

'The picture Lindsay McMichael posted was very disturbing and very disturbing to the family,' attorney S. Lee Merritt told the Sun. 'It actually fits the pattern of the McMichael family engaging in a weird, violent form of voyeurism.'

Ex-cop Gregory McMichael, 64, and his son, Travis McMichael, 34 ' Lindsay McMichael's father and brother ' are charged with murder in Arbery's Feb. 23 shooting death.

Police said the two men chased Arbery, 25, for more than 4 minutes after he was spotted poking around a construction site on the block. The two finally confronted Arbery, who was shot twice with a shotgun at close range during a struggle with Travis McMichael.

The McMichaels were not charged in the case until earlier this month when a video of the fatal encounter was made public and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, the state's law enforcement agency, took over the case.

Ironically, it was Gregory McMichael who leaked the video to a local station, thinking it would exonerate the two men.

'First you have (Gregory) McMichael sharing with a news station a video of the murder, then you have his daughter sharing an image of Ahmaud's bullet-ridden body on Snapchat,' Merritt said. 'It's deeply disturbing behavior.'

Lindsay has defended her brother and father, saying they never 'meant to kill anybody' and always 'loved' her non-white boyfriends.

She said she was in her pajamas watching a movie when the shooting took place, and said her brother 'was looking desperate' when she saw him.

'I've seen my brother in his happiest moments ' I was there when his child was born and I've seen him in distress and I know that look,' she told the Sun. 'It wasn't like some glory thing, like, 'I stalked and then got the kill that I was hoping for.''

She said the family has gotten threats to rape and kill them since the shooting.

'We're not the ones on trial here ' my dad and my brother are and yes, I don't think that they were beating the hood of the truck and saying, 'Let's go get this person,'' Lindsay McMichael said. 'I think that things just really escalated.'

'I just want people to realize we're not monsters,' she said.
    Last edited by up2trouble; 05-19-2020 at 06:39 AM.

“I just want people to realize we’re not monsters,” she said.
    This must be a hereditary delusion.

Not surprised that his certification was suspended, but that last one (Feb 2019) was probably a formality - he retired four months later. If he was already scheduled to retire, he probably just let his certification lapse. That's what I did.

"The picture Lindsay McMichael posted was very disturbing and very disturbing to the family," attorney S. Lee Merritt told the Sun. "It actually fits the pattern of the McMichael family engaging in a weird, violent form of voyeurism."
    Guess they could say the same thing about us, eh?
    Last edited by KimTisha; 05-19-2020 at 06:10 AM.

Thread Information