Thread: Uranium, rattlesnake found during Oklahoma traffic stop

Uranium, rattlesnake found during Oklahoma traffic stop

https://6abc.com/uranium-rattlesnake...-stop/5391937/

GUTHRIE, Oklahoma -- When police officers pulled over Stephen Jennings in Guthrie, Oklahoma, on June 26, they searched the car and got a lot more than they bargained for.

Jennings was pulled over about 11 a.m. after an officer noticed that his car tags were expired, police say. He alerted the officers that there were a few other issues likely to arise: There was a gun in the vehicle, for starters.

His passenger, Rachael Rivera, was charged with possession of a firearm after a former felony conviction.

Then, police said, the officers found that the car had been reported stolen and began to dig a little deeper.

And their discoveries: one bottle of Kentucky Deluxe whiskey and one rattlesnake.

"So now he's got a rattlesnake, a stolen vehicle, firearm and somebody under arrest," Guthrie Police Sgt. Anthony Gibbs told CNN affiliate KFOR.

Then they found one more thing: a canister of radioactive powdered uranium.

"When that happens, of course, we call in a company that deals with that specifically, and it's taken safely into possession," Gibbs said. "The uranium is the wild card in that situation."

The rattlesnake, it should be noted, was happily stored in a terrarium in the back seat.

Jennings is charged with possession of a stolen vehicle, transporting an open container of liquor, operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license and failure to carry a security verification form.

The Guthrie Police Department has not filed charges related to the uranium; officers are still looking into a potential motive.

The rattlesnake brought no additional charges.

I know I never leave home without my powdered uranium.

Quote:

"When that happens, of course, we call in a company that deals with that specifically, and it's taken safely into possession," Gibbs said. "The uranium is the wild card in ...?

?When that happens, of course,?
    WTF How often does that happen? lol, is that a high traffic area for hillbillies in stolen cars with gun toting gals, a rattlesnake and powdered uranium riding sude saddle? It sounds like someone?s bad script for an AMC show, contrived as fuck yet so real.

Quote Originally Posted by wildlifecamera View Post
    Quote:

"When that happens, of course, we call in a company that deals with that specifically, and it's taken safely into possession," Gibbs said. "The uranium is the wild card in ...?

?When that happens, of course,?
    WTF How often does that happen? lol, is that a high traffic area for hillbillies in stolen cars with gun toting gals, a rattlesnake and powdered uranium riding sude saddle? It sounds like someone?s bad script for an AMC show, contrived as fuck yet so real.
    I'm sure I can't be the only other person to always carry powdered uranium as a self defense weapon...

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    I'm sure I can't be the only other person to always carry powdered uranium as a self defense weapon...
    Well....you aren?t.... Now (pushes can deeper into bag) but maybe you were before?

I really hope this snake gets its own twitter account like the cobra escapees

Fucken tabloids.

Independent UK :

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9002156.html

"Mr Jennings told officers he was trying to create a "super snake" after the uranium was discovered, ABC reported"

So I check ABC for more detail on this wild & wacky development & ...

https://abcnews.go.com/US/oklahoma-m...ry?id=64265490

Jennings, of Logan County, told officers that he had the uranium because he recently purchased a Geiger counter to test metals, and the chemical element came with the purchase. He joked with officers that he was trying to create a "super snake," Gibbs added.

Quote Originally Posted by wildlifecamera View Post
    Well....you aren?t.... Now (pushes can deeper into bag) but maybe you were before?
    Good. If anyone tries to fuck with you, they will sure as shit regret it 30 years later if they develop cancer!

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    I really hope this snake gets its own twitter account like the cobra escapees
    All snakes should have their internet privileges removed.

Thread Information