Thread: Jimmie Bruner Jr (47) jumped to his death from the Sunshine Skyway Bridge

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I definitely think families want it hush hush because of the shame but what reason do media have to not report on suicides? Maybe it's a universal understanding about the pain and suffering that suicide leaves in it's wake. I just can't imagine media are so compassionate though.

Quote Originally Posted by Non_Saepe View Post
    I definitely think families want it hush hush because of the shame but what reason do media have to not report on suicides? Maybe it's a universal understanding about the pain and suffering that suicide leaves in it's wake. I just can't imagine media are so compassionate though.
    Mental health issues = suicides

The world seems to have "bigger concerns" than addressing the mental health crisis.

I don't think the media is compassionate. Suicides probably don't pay the bills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Mental health issues = suicides

The world seems to have "bigger concerns" than addressing the mental health crisis.

I don't think the media is compassionate. Suicides probably don't pay the bills.
    I think this is correct, plus there's the added drama of families getting pissy and threatening to sue if you say the death is a suicide. They probably couldn't get anywhere since the ME will rule that, but since it probably doesn't pay the bills anyway why even deal with the headache of pissy families. Just my further $.02 on the matter.

Thread Information