Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Valerie Tieman (34) was murdered by her husband

Well the guy has brain damage from a mortar attack (in addition to PTSD), so I think it's safe to say he's not playing with a full deck. It sounds like he's literally missing part of his brain.

From the article rbw posted the other day:

Goodwin said that Luc Tieman had a significant dent in his head that church members said was from a mortar attack in Iraq and that he suffered brain damage as a result. After that, he always wore a hat, she said.

"He did two or three tours in Iraq. He got injured the last time and that's how he had money. He got, like, $4,500 a month."
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    Well the guy has brain damage from a mortar attack (in addition to PTSD), so I think it's safe to say he's not playing with a full deck. It sounds like he's literally missing part of his brain.

From the article rbw posted the other day:
    I work with plenty of people who have suffered similar accidents/missing actual portions of brain - and they don't kill their wife. It does have a different effect on everyone and obviously matters which part of the brain is effected, however... this doesn't give me any sympathy for him.

If he was walking around randomly attacking people prior? Sure - that shows his brain was affected in that way and the symptoms were aggression/anger/violence - which is very common, and also very obvious - which doesn't seem to be the case.. so I am not lining this up with his brain injury. Brain injury is just that, you have involuntary symptoms due to the missing/damaged area - this isn't that. (As I said, MAYBE if he has a LONG history of violent episodes etc.. but that doesn't seem to be the case..)

I'm lining this up with his prior comments about her serving him and being a submissive wife. He didn't appreciate her getting other attention and killed her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I think he's just a self absorbed asshole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    I work with plenty of people who have suffered similar accidents/missing actual portions of brain - and they don't kill their wife. It does have a different effect on everyone and obviously matters which part of the brain is effected, however... this doesn't give me any sympathy for him.

If he was walking around randomly attacking people prior? Sure - that shows his brain was affected in that way and the symptoms were aggression/anger/violence - which is very common, and also very obvious - which doesn't seem to be the case.. so I am not lining this up with his brain injury. Brain injury is just that, you have involuntary symptoms due to the missing/damaged area - this isn't that. (As I said, MAYBE if he has a LONG history of violent episodes etc.. but that doesn't seem to be the case..)

I'm lining this up with his prior comments about her serving him and being a submissive wife. He didn't appreciate her getting other attention and killed her.

I didn't suggest brain injuries turn people into murderers (or that anyone should have sympathy for him), but it could certainly affect his line of thinking when he buried her in the backyard, pretended she disappeared from a place full of cameras that showed she was never there and then said she OD'd when it's apparent she was shot twice ... which is what was being discussed when I commented. It's not an impossibility.

I haven't read that he was jealous of attention she was getting. I was under the impression she was considering leaving him because he cheated.

He does have a history of violent outbursts. He went nuts and hacked up a trailer with a hatchet a few months after he and Valerie were married, and he was ordered to stay away from his ex-wife and children for domestic violence issues a few years ago.
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

I didn't suggest brain injuries turn people into murderers (or that anyone should have sympathy for him), but it could certainly affect his line of thinking when he buried her in the backyard, pretended she disappeared from a place full of cameras that showed she was never there and then said she OD'd when it's apparent she was shot twice ... which is what was being discussed when I commented. It's not an impossibility.

I haven't read that he was jealous of attention she was getting. I was under the impression she was considering leaving him because he cheated.

He does have a history of violent outbursts. He went nuts and hacked up a trailer with a hatchet a few months after he and Valerie were married, and he was ordered to stay away from his ex-wife and children for domestic violence issues a few years ago.
    All related to his relationships though, not random aggression - just solidifies he was a cockhead. Sure he obviously would have affects from it, but this is a big leap.

Yeah IDK what the big disagreement is here when it's been proven that TBI cause personality changes and all kinds of irrational logic tracks.
    http://www.brainline.org/content/201...y_pageall.html

People can have completely new, volatile personalities, making it extremely difficult for their loved ones to cope.

There was a very good British documentary about it, wish I could find it. In that case, the father suffered a traumatic brain injury in an accident and cam back extremely short fused, would freak out all the time and act violently when he never had before, and occasionally he would realize who he was and freak out over what was happening to him, but his wife was leaving him and taking the kids.

http://www.tbiguide.com/angerdepress.html

So an already quick-tempered person with a traumatic injury would have even more of a trigger.

I agree that a TBI may have played a part in him not thinking clearly on hiding the body or being a complete moron during interviews, but a TBI doesn't make you refer to your wife as "Most Submissive". This guy was a misogynistic asshole long before any head injury.

My mom has TBI, it made my childhood (and sometimes even now) horrible. But she never killed anyone...and if she did, she is smart enough to not act like this. I would like to know if he was stupid before the injury.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    All related to his relationships though, not random aggression - just solidifies he was a cockhead. Sure he obviously would have affects from it, but this is a big leap.

You're moving the goalposts. First you said "a long history of violent episodes" ... which he indeed has ... now it has to be "random aggression" that is not associated with his relationships? I can find no evidence that a TBI can cause (or exacerbate) one but not the other.

The guy might have been a total turd before he served three tours of duty and ended up with a dent where a chunk of his brain used to be, but that doesn't mean his TBI (and/or PTSD) doesn't affect his temper or impulse control. It's no more of a leap than declaring it doesn't affect him at all.

And none of us here are qualified to say definitively either way.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Yeah IDK what the big disagreement is here when it's been proven that TBI cause personality changes and all kinds of irrational logic tracks.
    http://www.brainline.org/content/201...y_pageall.html

People can have completely new, volatile personalities, making it extremely difficult for their loved ones to cope.

There was a very good British documentary about it, wish I could find it. In that case, the father suffered a traumatic brain injury in an accident and cam back extremely short fused, would freak out all the time and act violently when he never had before, and occasionally he would realize who he was and freak out over what was happening to him, but his wife was leaving him and taking the kids.

http://www.tbiguide.com/angerdepress.html

So an already quick-tempered person with a traumatic injury would have even more of a trigger.

Yes. Thank you.

Sorry for the double, but I meant to add a few thoughts on this interview: (unedited) http://www.wcsh6.com/news/local/luc-...view/323070113

It takes him like half an hour to form each sentence. This is not a guy who can think on the fly, even when he's telling the truth. You can almost see the wheels in his head slowly turning.

He looks like his clothes came out of a dumpster.

I believe he's telling the truth at the beginning of the interview ... she was going to leave him for good and needed the keys to the truck. She was looking for "her" keys because he wouldn't give her his keys, or, more than likely, he had both sets. (If I'm not mistaken, he killed her the same day the friend told her he was cheating, and she confronted him.)

There was something else, but it escapes me at the moment.

You're moving the goalposts. First you said "a long history of violent episodes" ... which he indeed has ... now it has to be "random aggression" that is not associated with his relationships? I can find no evidence that a TBI can cause (or exacerbate) one but not the other.
    Yeah, I wasn't forming my thoughts properly. What i'm saying is, he has a history of being an asshole to women, regardless of TBI.

I just watched, and to me he is just reading like a guy trying to make a story up - and trying to be careful about it. They also don't actively question him one after the other, so it leaves him open to pauses because there's nothing to say other than him rambling.

I would normally be your first advocate for disability defence - if you've read anything I've post before you know I tend to be a little TOO empathetic. But this guy was able to form a 'cover story', hop online and continue to live, front the media, front her family... he wasn't suddenly off the planet that one time. It was a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    My mom has TBI, it made my childhood (and sometimes even now) horrible. But she never killed anyone...and if she did, she is smart enough to not act like this. I would like to know if he was stupid before the injury.
    This was my point - no evidence of him being a choir boy prior, he's an asshat. And look, it's lovely he decided to be a 'hero' and serve.. but looking at this guy? I think that in itself was self serving. Unsure how to put that without sounding like a twat to vets, I don't mean it that way - I just mean there are different reasons people serve, and I'm sorry, but he served multiple tours and got injured - I would be shocked if he didn't get injured. I have compassion, but that doesn't a hero make - anyone getting injured in the military is pretty much par for the course.

SO focusing off his 'job', as we wouldn't focus on that if he were a chef who was bonked on the head with an oven door - he's a cockhead. His wife stopped being 'submissive' so he killed her. Then made a NEW profile for dating. Seems he could string those thoughts together. I wish we had his email, i'd wager $50 he already had a OKC profile.

Do we know for a fact that he suffered a TBI? I've know people who, because of different accidents, had brain swelling, and as a result, they had part of their skull cut out to alleviate pressure. They didn't suffer any psychological repercussions. Most of the time people's personality is affected by a frontal lobe injury.

I was under the impression he had PTSD as the reason for his disability. It isn't unheard of for people with PTSD to kill other people, however, I'm pretty sure this guy was violent before he went off to war.

Legally speaking, the only thing that matters regarding this man's guilt, is if he could tell the difference between right and wrong when the crime was committed. Him lying about her murder and trying to cover it up makes it appear as if he did.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Do we know for a fact that he suffered a TBI? I've know people who, because of different accidents, had brain swelling, and as a result, they had part of their skull cut out to alleviate pressure. They didn't suffer any psychological repercussions. Most of the time people's personality is affected by a frontal lobe injury.

I was under the impression he had PTSD as the reason for his disability. It isn't unheard of for people with PTSD to kill other people, however, I'm pretty sure this guy was violent before he went off to war.

Legally speaking, the only thing that matters regarding this man's guilt, is if he could tell the difference between right and wrong when the crime was committed. Him lying about her murder and trying to cover it up makes it appear as if he did.
    You said what I was initially trying to say, in a better way holy shit. THANK YOU!

His FB is gone so I didn't include him in the article

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2016...by_her_husband

I'm so glad we took some screenshots. And put them on Imgur. And everywhere else.

All I know is that I've experienced an abuser and this guy has abuser written all over him. I can accept that if he has a serious TBI that he won't function at full speed and that it can affect emotion, but most of the time when it affects the part of the brain that controls emotion that it's more likely to deaden emotions rendering them as neutral. PTSD can create outbursts that render people as temporarily insane. Either way, this guy tried to cover his tracks (albeit poorly) and that doesn't spell out either of the above.

What I DO see is plenty of red flags that define an abuser. Lest we forget that control freaks seek out military in a lot if cases. So the question is, how was his demeanor BEFORE the injury. I may be biased, but from what I've seen, this isn't his first rodeo with an abusive relationship and I'd love to talk to his girlfriends before joining the military.

The only source I see saying he had a TBI is the woman he was fucking. Maybe there are other sources, but that is what I am finding. Goodwin was his lover.

I have seen valid sources saying he had PTSD. I am wondering if he just trumped up his issue because he thought is sounded dangerous, and gave him an excuse to be violent or something? He obviously wore his hit (at least partially) to hide his receding hairline. I could see him making up a lie about a brain injury instead of saying he was wearing his hat because he was going bald. If there is another source that confirms the brain injury, then that might be different, but his woman on the side is not a credible source to me at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    The only source I see saying he had a TBI is the woman he was fucking. Maybe there are other sources, but that is what I am finding. Goodwin was his lover.

I have seen valid sources saying he had PTSD. I am wondering if he just trumped up his issue because he thought is sounded dangerous, and gave him an excuse to be violent or something? He obviously wore his hit (at least partially) to hide his receding hairline. I could see him making up a lie about a brain injury instead of saying he was wearing his hat because he was going bald. If there is another source that confirms the brain injury, then that might be different, but his woman on the side is not a credible source to me at this point.
    Great point, and word on the hairline. We know the hat game, guys.

Looking at Valerie's photos truly makes me sad. I think the world's lost a good egg here, to a fucking balding pig.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/autopsy-...s-new-details/

Autopsy: Maine woman found buried with bottle of perfume and "apologetic" note

The autopsy of a Maine woman found dead behind her in-laws’ home shows she was buried along with a bag of potato chips, a bottle of perfume and a note that took “an apologetic tone.”

The Morning Sentinel reported the body of 34-year-old Valerie Tieman was found partially buried in a shallow grave behind her in-laws’ Fairfield home on Sept. 20.

Police say Tieman was shot in the head and neck by her husband, who then dumped her body not far from the home that the couple shared with his parents. Her husband, Luc, is charged with murder.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-17-2022 at 06:41 PM.

Perfume, a bag of chips ... and a note.

I still think there's something wrong with his medulla oblongata. I'm not saying that means he's not criminally responsible, but he ain't right.

Thanks for the update, rbw!

I still think there's something wrong with his medulla oblongata. I'm not saying that means he's not criminally responsible, but he ain't right.

He's definitely not right. I would love to hear the reasoning behind the perfume and the bag of chips. Maybe he believes like the Egyptians and thought she would need it in the afterlife.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Maybe he believes like the Egyptians and thought she would need it in the afterlife.
    Holy crap ahhahahaha

He left an apology note? Ok he's crazy.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    He left an apology note? Ok he's crazy.
    that's what makes him crazy? I thought it was the chips.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Couldn't resist

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    that's what makes him crazy? I thought it was the chips.
    Wait. I thought everybody always left chips with their dead bodies

A toxicology report accompanying the autopsy report also revealed that buprenorphine and tramadol were found in Valerie Tieman’s system.

Buprenorphine is a “Schedule III controlled synthetic opioid that has both analgesic and opioid antagonist effects,” the report said. It is used in medication assisted treatment to help people reduce or quit their use of heroin or other opiates, according to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Tramadol is a “synthetic opioid receptor agonist used for the management of moderate to moderately severe pain,” the toxicology report said.
    http://www.pressherald.com/2016/10/1...-tiemans-body/

Thread Information