Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Transgender woman Jennifer Gable (32) died from an aneurysm and was presented in her casket as a man

Transgender woman Jennifer Gable (32) died from an aneurysm and was presented in her casket as a man

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2015...asket_as_a_man

I'm bringing this one over for discussion because it saddened me so very much when I read it.

Transgender woman Jennifer Gable (32) died from an
    aneurysm and was presented in her casket as a man

Jennifer Gable, an Idaho customer service coordinator for Wells Fargo, died suddenly Oct. 9 on the job at age 32. An aneurysm, according to stunned friends.

Just as shocking, they say, when they went to Gable's funeral in Twin Falls, Idaho, and saw her in an open casket ? hair cut short, dressed in a suit and presented as a man.

"I am disgusted," Stacy Dee Hudson posted on Facebook. "A great and dear friend's mom went to the funeral today. It was not closed casket. They cut her hair, suit on. How can they bury her as geoff when she legally changed her name. So very sad. Jen you will be missed and people who know you know that you are at peace."

Gable was transgender, born Geoffrey, but living the past few years as Jennifer.

That wasn't mentioned in her paid online obituary:

Geoffrey Charles Gable, 32, Boise, passed away suddenly on October 9, 2014 while at his job at Wells Fargo Bank.

He was born in Twin Falls on January 27, 1982 to Anthony Clark Gable and Lori Ann Walton.

Geoff and his brother, Steven, were raised from toddlers by their maternal grandparents, George and Joan Walton.

He attended Morningside Elementary School, O'Leary Junior High and graduated from Twin Falls High School in the year 2000.

He was married to Ann Arthurs in 2005 in Hawaii. They were later divorced.

Geoff grew up as a member of the Twin Falls First Christian Church, where he was baptized in 1996.

"No mention of the woman she knew she was and had lived as for several years. Just erosion of her identity and an old photograph of how the father perceived her to be," said Meghan Stabler, a board member of Human Rights Campaign and member of HRC's National Business Council.

"I only knew her online. She reached out to me a couple of years ago when she was in transition," Stabler told the Miami Herald. "The usual: What do I need to worry about at work? Am I going to be OK? Is life going to be better? Can you assure me everything is going to be OK?"

Stabler says Gable's death "stresses the importance of having a will."

"She had done what she needed to do legally to be seen as her authentic self. Her father erased her identity either though ignorance or arrogance," Stabler said. "But who knows what the parent was going through?"

Mike Parke of Magic Valley Funeral Home and Crematory in Twin Falls said Gable's death certificate listed her as male.

"The death certificate says Geoffrey AKA Jennifer Gable," Parke said Friday night. "The last few years she lived as Jennifer. They buried him as Geoff. A tormented situation for all those involved."
    So very pretty. RIP, Jen.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Oh God. I hope she haunts the shit out of her family for this. That's so sad.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Shame on that family. How can anyone who claims to love their child so such a thing? Selfish assholes that only loved a child that was an idea in their heads rather than the actual person.

RIP Jennifer. You seemed like an amazing gal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Shame on that family. How can anyone who claims to love their child so such a thing? Selfish assholes that only loved a child that was an idea in their heads rather than the actual person.

RIP Jennifer. You seemed like an amazing gal.
    Yep. It's so sad, and people are so fucking selfish.

Aneurysms scare the crap out of me. You just never know if you have one and then BAM you're dead one day. She was really beautiful. RIP Jennifer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

rip jennifer.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

It feels mean to say "fuck that guy" about a father who lost their child, but seriously, fuck that guy. He could have very well changed her appearance to that of a man for his own selfishness and had a closed casket, but he had to show it off to everyone. What a way to show your seething disapproval of your child one last time.

I find it crazy and ridiculous that the dad (if the dad is the one who wrote the obituary) was fine with people knowing his baby mama's parents raised his kids, but he didn't want people to know his kid was transgender. Or MAYBE, this just occurred to me, that was his way of blaming the grandparents for how his kid turned out.

What dumb assholes.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Anthony Clark Gable you are a spiteful dick. How dare you attempt to get back at your own child by deliberately burying her as a male. Fuck you. You give new meaning to the term asshole. This was your child, you pathetic bastard. And SHE was an adult, fully able to decide for herself how she wished to live and be recognized. I hope that your intolerance and general assholishness follow you everywhere you go and haunt you until the end of your daiys.

Fuck you for being an intolerant fucktool.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    I wonder if he feels better? Asshole.

RIP Jen

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    I wonder if he feels better? Asshole.

RIP Jen
    Who? Her dad or Kevan?
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Funerals are for the living family. It was probably best that he not be buried in costume.

Quote Originally Posted by sanmart View Post
    Funerals are for the living family. It was probably best that he not be buried in costume.
    Well, well, well.

Welcome to the board.

Now fuck off with your ignorant "costume" comment.
    Last edited by PeaceBeWithMe; 04-13-2015 at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    Who? Her dad or Kevan?
    The fuck off that was her Dad. Not Kevan!

Costume? Wow!

Costume? Are you for real?

Jennifer was real, Jennifer was a woman, Jennifer should not have lost her life so young. Rest in peace, Jennifer, wherever you may be.

Fucking hell, put some effort into it. You should've at least attempted to fool us with a couple of innocuous posts first.

BWAHAHAHAHA!

Go fuck yourself.

Oh the irony! She WAS buried in costume. The result of her vindictive, spiteful, assclown of a father.

She lived and died as a woman, but was buried as a man. Funerals are for the living - to remember the deceased. How nice that everyone gets to remember Jenifer as a wronged woman with shitbags for a family.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

You seem to have dropped an 's'. The pronoun you're looking for is "she." And she most definitely was buried in a costume.

Fucking asshat...father should be buried as a female when he dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

Quote Originally Posted by wakeupexhausted View Post
    You seem to have dropped an 's'. The pronoun you're looking for is "she." And she most definitely was buried in a costume.
    Oh that pesky Y chromosome that just won't go away -- no matter how hard we all close our eyes, tap our ruby slippers, and wish on a star. "Jennifer" was still someone's son.

You're only contributions to this website have been antagonistic hate-posts. Maybe there might be more constructive ways to use your time instead of trolling obituaries?

Rest in peace and much respect to Jennifer. I'm annoyed that even that news article pronouns were misgendered.

Oh that pisses me off. Way to show love and respect for your dearly departed DAUGHTER.

They left out all the S's in Jennifers obit.

I hope Jennifer haunts the hell out these people.

Godspeed, beautiful Jennifer, your were a stunning young lady.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Fucking hell, talk about ignorance!

RIP Jennifer.

She was a very pretty lady.

Oh that pesky Y chromosome that just won't go away -- no matter how hard we all close our eyes, tap our ruby slippers, and wish on a star. "Jennifer" was still someone's son.

Thread Information