Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Darlie Routier convicted of capital murder in death of her sons Damon and Devon, 1996

Darlie Routier convicted of capital murder in death of her sons Damon and Devon, 1996

I wasn't sure where to put Darlie's thread, so if it needs to be moved - please do.

She was charged with 1 count of capital murder and convicted in 1997 for the death of her son Damon. Devon also died, but charges were never brought against her concerning him. She was sentenced to death by lethal injection and is sitting on death row in Gatesville, TX at the Mountain View Unit of the Texas DOC.

There is so much information out there on Darlie, I don't even know where to start. Here are some links to get started.

The Darlie Routier Case (this has a lot of pictures and information, probably a really good place to start - though this is a Pro-Darlie Innocence site.)
    Darlie Facts
    Darlie Lynn Routier
    Free Darlie Routier Youtube Channel

I am doing this quickly, but if you just google her name, a TON of stuff comes up on her.

Here's the latest news article that popped up when I searched news for her (you have to subscribe to get the full article, maybe someone here is...):
    http://www.altoonamirror.com/page/co...d.html?nav=742
    Routier DNA still not analyzed
    June 24, 2014
    By Phil Ray (pray@altoonamirror.com), The Altoona Mirror

A status report filed by an assistant attorney general in Austin, Texas, says that DNA testing in the Darlie Routier death penalty case is ongoing, and he recommended the U.S. Federal District Court in West Texas continue to maintain a stay on any further hearing until state proceedings have been concluded.
    sorry if this is all scatterbrained and disorganized, just trying to get her thread started. It's a really interesting case and worth the hours of reading through.

http://statement-analysis.blogspot.c...utier-911.html

ETA: You can do an image search of Darlie's name and see all the real death pictures. Just be prepared for pictures of little boys stabbed to death.
    Last edited by bermstalker; 06-27-2014 at 07:10 AM.

This is the blood map.

Here was the picture of her throat cut. You *could* say it looks like she could have done it herself

This is the best site I have found on her case...JMO

http://www.darlieroutierfactandfiction.com/

There are tons of false facts the *Routier camp* keeps spewing. If anyone has questions about the case, The Myths section of this site sums it all up, no lies or rumors here, just the real facts.
    Last edited by u2addict; 06-27-2014 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Broken sentence

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Thank you for starting a thread! I meant to but am pretty lazy haha.

This case I just recently read up on and it has totally baffled me.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I'm sorry to say this, but I'm not 100% convinced that she did it. The prosecution said the large bruises on her arms weren't there when she originally went to the hospital. Well bruises don't show up right away sometimes.

What do the x's stand for in that graph posted above?
    Last edited by Angiebla; 06-27-2014 at 01:25 PM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I think Darin helped with the bruises and she was in hospital long enough for bruises to show up. She bruises real bad, if you compare her bruised arm that was caused by the IV to
    the self inflicted bruises.....

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

The thing that convinced me of her guilt was the knife she supposedly picked up in the utility room which is located in the upper right portion of the diagram above. Forensic analysis of the bloodstains showed that the knife had rested on the carpet near Damon when he was close to the front foyer. There was no evidence it was dropped in the utility room. Also, pictures show the blade of the knife pointed into the kitchen when it was on the counter - which makes perfect sense if it was used in the living area and laid on the counter as Darlie walked into the kitchen. However, if it was picked up in the utility room, as Darlie claimed, and she laid it on the counter as she went back into the living area, the blade more than likely would have been pointing toward the living area.

Quote Originally Posted by u2addict View Post
    I think Darin helped with the bruises and she was in hospital long enough for bruises to show up. She bruises real bad, if you compare her bruised arm that was caused by the IV to
    the self inflicted bruises.....
    Ok I should have worded my post differently. I am not entirely sure the husband wasn't involved. I don't think she is completely innocent but the husband said some weird shit. When his neighbor came by to ask him what happened he said "rough night".

I completely forgot about the silly string at the children's gravesite. Apparently that is what sealed the deal for the jury.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I think there is a slight possibility that the Husband was involved somehow, but what makes me question that is that they divorced years ago. And in my mind there is no way that Darlie WASN'T involved. So that would mean that they worked together on it. If that's the case, why would she still be protecting him? And there was no evidence that he was in any of the affected rooms during the killings, so why leave it all up to Darlie to do the deed?

Then again, you could question why he never doubted her innocence and did everything in his power to help maintain her innocence. I would think most Husbands would be suspicious and possibly angry that their wife might have taken away their sons unless they were part of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Can someone please tell me what they think these small scratching injuries came from? I have an idea, but don't want to say.

image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Can someone please tell me what they think these small scratching injuries came from? I have an idea, but don't want to say.

image.jpg
    Actually, to me they look like bruise impressions from the object used to hit her with, not scratches per se. Off the top of my head, the first thing that comes to mind if the handle of a tennis racquet.

Were they documented as actual scratches?

Some of the things that convince me she did it.
    The 4 slashes in her shirt but no corresponding injuries.
    The boys having deep, penetrating stab cuts and her little superficial wounds.
    The boy's cast off blood on the back of her nightshirt
    Her whole conversation with 911.
    The fact that she never tended to her boys, but was more worried about her own wounds. Especially considering she was more worried about explaining how she got her fingerprints on the knife- as her boys laid dying.
    No blood on the part of the couch where Darlie said she was resting
    Financial problems and Darlie's depression PLUS the suicide letter she wrote in her diary
    The fact that Darlie's story changes every couple of years. Then Darin's changes to match hers.

Was it ever determined why she chose spare Drake's life but killed the other two?

So this is kind of terrible. Drake Routier is 18 now (wow, to think he was an infant when all this happened) and has been diagnosed with acute lymphetic leukemia. He's in remission, but ugh. As if he didn't have enough to deal with. I cannot imagine what it would be like to undergo something as terrifying as cancer without the love and support of your mother (well, any mother that isn't Darlie Routier) and siblings.

I know he has zero memories of his family members, but I'm sure he mourns the loss all the same.

Also, no GoFund scandal pls.

http://www.gofundme.com/7e91to

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Then again, you could question why he never doubted her innocence and did everything in his power to help maintain her innocence. I would think most Husbands would be suspicious and possibly angry that their wife might have taken away their sons unless they were part of it.
    The only thing I can figure is that maybe he really does have these doubts and negative motions but chooses not to voice them publicly, possibly to protect Drake from all the vitriol. It's bad enough that Drake knows what his mom did. Nobody wants a monster for a mother, but a monster mother with some redeeming qualities is slightly more tolerable. If Darin is lying when he says that he believes she's innocent, oh well. It doesn't change anything, but it does offer some (small) measure of comfort for his son.

...either that or Darin had a hand in it all, in which case asshole.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Ok I should have worded my post differently. I am not entirely sure the husband wasn't involved. I don't think she is completely innocent but the husband said some weird shit. When his neighbor came by to ask him what happened he said "rough night".
    I think the husband was involved as well.

I completely forgot about the silly string at the children's gravesite. Apparently that is what sealed the deal for the jury.
    See, I think she most likely did it, but I don't think she should have been convicted based on the silly string tape. It was bizarre, but not really evidence of guilt, in my opinion.

To play devil's advocate, when I'm upstairs with my fan going, I don't hear anything downstairs. They lived in a very large brick home. Darin being upstairs with the baby, possibly didn't hear anything. But then there are things that I think over time, might have caused some doubts to creep in. If he knows anything, he will deny to his dying breath since there is still Drake to think of.

The silly string incident never struck me as the big indicator of guilt. There are some parents that would do the same thing to celebrate their child's life. I have seen parents who every year bake their child's favorite flavor cake in remembrance on that lost child's birthday. That's their way of grieving and coping with the loss of a child. Me personally, I would climb in a hole and wait to die becuz that's the mess that I am.

I have seen her interviews and she just seems nuttier than squirrel shit. I can honestly say, this is a case I truly ride the fence on.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

From Wikipedia:
    Divorce
    In June 2011, Darin Routier filed for divorce. He said that the decision to divorce was mutual and "very difficult," and that he still believes his wife is innocent. He said that they decided on the divorce to move on from the "limbo" they've been in since her arrest and conviction.
    I looked quickly at Dallas and Rockwall, the counties Rowlett shares, to see if I could look up their divorce and confirm the year 2011. Dallas county requires a subscription I believe and Rockwall didn't have anything. But again, I spent like 2 minutes trying. I didn't think to try whatever county Gatesville is in.

So anyway, I thought they divorced a long time ago also. So I was surprised to see 2011.

I've always been on the fence with this case. Even when I read sites like the FactandFiction one U2Addict posted above. I try to put myself in the situation, relating my own life events and situations I've been in over the years. I'm a very calm person when faced with emergency situations. Probably because I was raised by an RN, who never got overly excited even when things looked horribly bad. So if my son was dying of stab wounds, I would probably be freakishly calm about it...but I would definitely be doing anything I could to save him.

What fucks everything up for me is that she didn't do anything the 911 operator or EMTs or whoever told her to do with her son to stop the bleeding. She just stayed by the kitchen bar. Was she in shock and that's just how she reacted to the situation...or was it that in her mind, the job was done and she didn't move to assist because her brain had shifted from doing the job to managing the witnesses and laying out a believable scenario.

I just can't see how a stranger would or could do it. Leave the Mom alive. Never commit a similar crime again. Not steal anything.

If it were some psycho killer, they would have continued to kill. And even serial killers usually have a reason doing it. Rape, wanting to mutilate a body, eating the flesh in order to inherit their victim's powers. You know... The usual.

It had to be someone inside of the house so the only thing that needs to be determined is whether or not the Husband was involved. Very strange family.

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but I didn't see where she described her "attacker"?

The more I think about it, the more I think she had PPD, her youngest was 7 months old. I think she was planning to kill herself, but couldn't go through with it. I think the husband felt guilty that he overlooked signs, didn't get her help etc.

That crime scene was a contaminated cluster fuck. I have always thought with that amount of disorganization, the perp, if an outside source, would have left a trace of being there, especially if she fought with them. She should have had something, skin under her nails, something.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Quote Originally Posted by u2addict View Post
    This is the best site I have found on her case...JMO

http://www.darlieroutierfactandfiction.com/

There are tons of false facts the *Routier camp* keeps spewing. If anyone has questions about the case, The Myths section of this site sums it all up, no lies or rumors here, just the real facts.

If you read that site, you should really read this one too to get the full picture.

http://www.injusticeanywhereforum.co...ddfe0056dd14f4

Most posters there started out believing in her guilt (some still do, vehemently). They're the only site I've seen so far that insist on a verifiable, factual basis for everything & who are willing to "switch sides" if the evidence proves them wrong - the ones who don't really stand out.

I haven't been properly read up on this case since the 90's, so I'll have to find a link to confirm it, but among the many things that were never tested is every blood drop marked by an "x" on Berm's blood map.

Also off the top of my head -

There were several similar crimes before & after - offender used socks from the home to cover his hands & knives from the victims homes. One victim survived. In another case a 5 yr old was present & was threatened until her mother submitted to sexual assault (Darlie's underwear was never found, a rape kit was performed but the prosecution claims it was lost - there's a copy of the dr's notes in the thread I linked)

ETA
    These are Dallas area sexual assaults involving knives & socks sourced from the victim's homes - the socks were used as gags & fingerprint protection. Unfortunately Darlie's rape kit couldn't be tested with all these other victims. (the link is not a Darlie site)

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/tx-court-...s/1450468.html

When she got back to the apartment, she opened the patio door and started cleaning the kitchen. While she was putting up the dishes, she heard a noise from the patio. Then she saw a man standing in her living room.

Virginia Smith said that she asked appellant what he wanted and that he kept telling her to “shut up.” Virginia Smith testified that appellant grabbed her by her arm and pulled her into her bedroom. Then he took her into the bathroom.

Appellant closed the bathroom door, and Virginia Smith could hear him in the kitchen going through the drawers. He told her to give him all the money that she had. Virginia Smith said that appellant had the only sharp knife which she had in the apartment.

<<snipped>>.

“Amy Harrison” testified about events on February 15, 1995, when she was subjected to two acts of aggravated sexual assault by an unknown man.The police took her to Parkland Hospital for the rape kit examination.

“Mary Smith” testified about events on December 18, 1995, when she was subjected to an aggravated sexual assault by an unknown man. The police took her to Parkland Hospital for the rape kit examination.

M.C.R. testified through an interpreter about the events on March 28, 1996, when she was subjected to an aggravated sexual assault by an unknown intruder (in the presence of her five-year-old daughter).
    The police took her to the hospital for an examination.

“Joanna Smith” testified about events on May 7, 1996, when she was subjected to a series of aggravated sexual assaults by an unknown intruder. The police took her to Parkland Hospital for the rape kit examination.

“Beth Smith” testified about the events on May 19, 1996, when she was subjected to a series of aggravated sexual assaults by an unknown intruder. The police took her to the hospital for a rape kit examination.

“Mary Becker” testified about the events on May 6, 2000. These events occurred 23 days after the
    offense for which appellant was convicted. After he committed several acts of aggravated sexual assault, appellant fell asleep in Mary Becker's apartment. Appellant was arrested after she was able to escape and call the police.
    The police took her to the hospital for the rape kit examination

A prosecution forensic witness has admitted lying on the stand re contamination of the knives during fingerprint dusting

The prosecution's own witness testified the screen was cut from outside(it's in the trial transcript)

The prosecution claimed there couldn't be an intruder because the ground beneath the window with the cut screen wasn't disturbed - but it wasn't disturbed because it couldn't be - it's a clean concrete slab & this is evident in the crime scene pix.

Every Routier family member in the house that night have since been ruled out as the contributors of a print (made in blood) on the coffee table.

Two body hairs were found on the sock in the alley. The prosecution never tested them. After years of appeals they have now been forensically tested & are also no match. They're trying to get permission to run the unknown print through AFIS & the results from the hairs through the national DNA database.
    There is also an unidentified pubic hair from the lounge that has only recently been tested for the first time - no Routier matched that sample either.

Re her injuries, the "superficial" neck wound wasn't superficial. It penetrated the carotid sheath & her necklace was embedded in the wound. The dr who testified has said that if it had been a milimetre deeper & Darlie had died that night, those same wounds seen in the hospital pix would've been described as "defensive wounds" in the autopsy report without any question.

& for the record, I'm not emotionally invested in this, I will jump sides in a flash if someone could explain away all the problems with this case

ETA the prosecution blood spatter "expert" has been utterly, thoroughly & completely discredited in another case - I'll find the report I read, your jaws will hit the ground reading the ridiculous "theory" he presented in a prison death case
    Last edited by blighted star; 06-30-2014 at 06:14 AM.

image.jpg
    I've had a cut to my upper arm that hit bone (my friend fell through a window & the window fell through me). The cut was about 5 inches long & 4 inches below my shoulder on my outer arm (it's still a nasty scar almost 30 yrs later). It took 18 stitches to close.

I went to bed as soon as we got home from the emergency dept with a single cut below my shoulder & woke up with an arm that looked like it belonged on a dead body. I had blood pooling from above my elbow, right down the length of my arm to my wrist. It looked just like Darlie's arm, so I actually think most of that "bruising" is the result of gravity working on the internal bleeding from her stab wounds.

Mine stopped in a perfect line the length of my arm following the position I'd held my arm in while I was asleep. The wrinkles of the bedsheets & my sling were printed on the underside of my arm within the blood pooling for 2 weeks. So at first glance that's what I thought Darlie's "scratches" were, now that I've actually looked closer, the marks furthest to the left actually look like the edge of a shoeprint though - & there's a 3rd set of marks like it near her elbow.

My experience tells me that most of that "bruising" is not bruising in the sense that most people understand it. So I agree with BB, the marks are definitely not scratches or abrasions, they're imprints. Maybe caused by something her arm rested on in the hours the pooling was taking place, or maybe by something that impacted her arm around the time the bleeding started. It's a shame they didn't take decent pix & get the details from every angle. We'll never know for sure now.
    Last edited by blighted star; 06-30-2014 at 04:32 AM.

Re her injuries, the "superficial" neck wound wasn't superficial. It penetrated the carotid sheath & her necklace was embedded in the wound. The dr who testified has said that if it had been a milimetre deeper & Darlie had died that night, those same wounds seen in the hospital pix would've been described as "defensive wounds"in the autopsy report without any question.
    I completely agree the neck wound was not superficial, she had to have it surgically closed, so they probably put her under anesthesia.

The nail in the coffin for me is the 911 call. Nothing about that call is genuine from the first word out of her mouth. You don't mention the fact that someone broke in FIRST, then go into how your boys are dying on the floor. You first mention that your boys have been stabbed, THEN move onto how they were stabbed by an intruder.

Sorry about the multi-posting. Just this last bit about Tom Bevel, the prosecution's blood spatter expert in the Routier trial ...

This is regarding his professional opinion in the Kenneth Trentadue case. Read & be amazed

http://www.infowars.com/articles/us/...entadue_05.htm

Federal Workers At The Transfer Center Told Investigators That The Inmate Appeared To Be Asleep When His Cell Was Checked At 2:38 A.m. On The Morning Of Aug. 21, 1995. When A Guard Made His Next Rounds At 3 A.m., The BOP Worker Reported Trentadue Was Hanging By A Bed Sheet And There Was Considerable Blood Visible On The Body And In The Cell.

When Two Employees From The State Medical Examiner's Office Arrived To Conduct An Investigation, They Were Told They Could Not Examine The Cell. Supervisors At The Facility Said They Would Do Their Own Investigation.

Turning Away The Medical Examiners From The Scene Was A Clear Violation Of State Law - One Of Many Abuses Of Authority The Remarkable Case Would Experience. Subsequent Investigations Would Uncover Several Cases Of Perjury And The Destruction Or Loss Of 41 Critical Pieces Of Evidence.

For The Next Three Years, Oklahoma's Medical Examiner Kept The Investigation Open - Refusing To Bow To Pressure From The FBI And BOP To Call The Inmate's Death On Federal Property A Suicide.

Trentadue's Severely Cut And Heavily Bruised Body Had Convinced Dr. Jordan And His Staff That The Individual Had Been Severely Beaten Before Death.

Since The BOP Said Trentadue Was In The SHU Without Access To Other Prisoners, Naturally The Guards At The Institution Were The Primary Suspects. And Those Guards Immediately Cleaned The Cell And Kept The Medical Examiner's Office From Doing Its Own Investigation Of The Scene....

Bevel's Conclusions About Trentadue's Last Moments Of Life Are Summarized In A Filing By The Trentadue Family In Federal Court:

"The Government Claim That After The Guards Last Saw Trentadue Alive And In Bed At 2:38 A.m., Trentadue Used A Pencil To Write A Suicide Note On The Wall Of His Cell, But Did Not Sign That Note With His Own Name. Next, He Patiently Tore A Sheet Into Dozens Of Strips. He Then Constructed A Ligature From Those Strips Of Bed Sheet. Once That Ligature Was Manufactured, Trentadue Re-Made His Bed, Climbed The Wall Of His Cell And Wove The Bed Sheet Rope Into A Metal Vent Above His Sink. Trentadue Then Tried To Hang Himself And Was Momentarily Successful, But The Bed Sheet Rope Broke. Trentadue Fell, Hitting His Buttocks On The Edge Of The Sink But Doing No Injury To His Buttocks. The Impact Of His Body On The Sink Caused Trentadue To Ricochet Across The Cell Headfirst Into The Corner Of A Metal Desk At The End Of His Bunk, Producing A Major Wound On His Forehead.

The Government Claim That The Force Of That Impact Caused Trentadue To Rotate 180 Degrees And Careen Across His Cell To Smash His Head, Leaving Blood And Hair On The Wall Of His Cell And Tearing Extensive Areas Of Skin Off Of His Back. Despite Striking The Desk With Such Force, The Impact Does Not Disturb A Cup Of Coffee Or Any Of The Papers On The Desk.

"The Government Claims That While Unconscious From His Two Head Wounds, Trentadue Rolled Over On His Stomach And Bled Profusely, Depositing Large Pools Of Blood On The Floor Of His Cell. When Trentadue Regained Consciousness, He Attempted To Get Up But Struck The Back Of His Head On The Metal Stool Attached To The Desk, Causing A Third Major Wound On The Back Of His Head. This Third Blow To His Head Further Dazed Trentadue, Who Then Crawled On All Fours, With His Clothing Smearing The Blood On The Floor.

"The Government Claim That Trentadue Finally Got To His Feet And Staggered Around, Leaving Blood Deposits On The Walls And Floor Of His Cell. He Then Stumbled To His Bed And Lay Down To Regain His Senses. After A While, Trentadue Used Two Plastic Toothpaste Tubes Or A Plastic Knife To Cut His Throat, Leaving Blood On His Pillowcase, Sheet And Blanket. When That Second Suicide Attempt Failed, Trentadue Reconstructed The Bed Sheet And Successfully Hanged Himself."...

Do you really trust this guy's "expert testimony" in any case? (& he's not the guy who admitted lying on the stand about the knives being contaminated during testing - that was another prosecution witness)

Thread Information