View Poll Results: What will the outcome of the George Zimmerman trial be?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guilty of 2nd degree murder

16 19.51%
  • Guilty of manslaughter

40 48.78%
  • Guilty of aggravated battery

2 2.44%
  • Guilty of culpable negligence

2 2.44%
  • Guilty of felony battery

0 0%
  • Not Guilty

16 19.51%
  • Hung Jury

6 7.32%
Page 79 of 332 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 129 179 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 8286

Thread: The Trayvon Martin discussion

Just so I'm clear . . . we're a bunch of bed wetting dems because how dare we assume that GZ is a racist simply because he killed a black kid when, face it, the black kid was probably up to no good because, you know, he's a black kid. Or more accurately, a thug.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

Quote Originally Posted by wasthinking View Post
    did I miss anything important? tia

croaker queen is on the job again - she is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian 1 View Post
    "Survival of the fittest" is not a rational concept. Even Charles Darwin would agree. Check with your neighborhood ethicist. Survival of the Fittest is, for lack of a better term, a law of Nature and Nature is, by definition, the antithesis of 'rational.' Of all the things with which Nature is endowed, a functioning brain, capable of reasoning, is not one of them.

Think reason (of the intellect) vs. visceral (of the emotions). If society accepted your premise, our greatest Institutions would crumble into dust. That includes Justice and the Law.

Try again!

Huh? 2 able bodied men went at it to the death. Only one survived. He is the fittest.

The rest of your drivel sounds like typical elitist liberal BS.
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

Everyone I know in NYC who makes over 150 grand a year in advertising is apparently a thug. They get their nails did, draaaank, smoke.....
    I did my own nails (didn't get them "did"), have been in recovery nearly 30 years (no booze, no drugs) family income was considerably over $150,000. Lived there 4 years and our lives were apparently diametrically opposed to each other - can I have a
    "thank you Jesus" for that fact??

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncy View Post
    The thing i do find hilarious is the rush to judgement by blacks and minorities in this case. Isn't this one of the main things they are against? Everyone seems to be a lawyer, cop or judge. Why not let all the facts come out and then make a decision before we hang the guy? So much for innocent until proven guilty. The fact is, no matter what happened, George Zimmerman stood his ground. Everything else is irrelevant. Under this law, he should be found not guilty.

Also lets be honest about everything here. While it sucks that a young teenager was killed, it's not like some great student that was never in trouble at all was taken from us all. Now i am not saying wearing a hoodie is bad, but there are several instances where this guy displayed bad behavior. Is that worth being killed over? Of course not, but i am sure he would have killed Zimmerman if he had the chance. Zimmerman was an idiot for following him but what happened happened. It was self-defense for both sides and comes down to survival of the fittest. In this case, Trayvon lost.
    umm... you do know that he is no longer using the stand your ground law as his defense you need to stay up on the facts to be a better troll

Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post
    umm... you do know that he is no longer using the stand your ground law as his defense you need to stay up on the facts to be a better troll

Not too quick on the uptake are you?
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    Kind of hard to explain but Rachel Jeantel stood her ground.

Laswitness of the day was powerful for the state - Selma Mora said ZIMMERMAN was on top the whole time, she saw them with her eyes.
    How the hell did he get all of those marks/scars on the back of his head??

Quote Originally Posted by PAMK View Post
    I did my own nails (didn't get them "did"), have been in recovery nearly 30 years (no booze, no drugs) family income was considerably over $150,000. Lived there 4 years and our lives were apparently diametrically opposed to each other - can I have a
    my point is your assertion that behavior makes anyone an addict or scum or gangster is inherently flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by strmmrgrrl View Post
    Looked back and didn't see this posted. If it's a repeat, my apologies. But very interesting take on Miss Rachel:

what-white-people-dont-understand-about-rachel-jeantel
    thanks for this!

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Excellent article and sadly so true. My heart goes out to this young woman. The Defense attorney is just badgering and bullying her and she is clearly out of her comfort zone in this highly charged court environment.
    maybe not necessarily... reading the comments, i saw repeated over and over: 'i'm a middle aged white woman and i totally get her'.

if this is any indication of how the jury, made up of middle aged white women, feels... zimmerman is toast.

Quote Originally Posted by marycontrary View Post
    Zimmerman has an attitude going on when he approaches TM. TM asks why are you following me and GZ responds by asking what are you doing here. Perhaps, GZ could have said I'm neighborhood watch and then asked what are you doing here. His response to TM's question sounds like GZ's attitude was along the lines of I ask the questions around here.

I believe the girl when she says what she heard. She has every right to make assumptions about what the sounds were that she heard. West's question of what does grass sound like is absurd. It makes him sound like an old asshole. When she said that TM didn't attack GZ because he would have said he would call her back seems very real and true. It reasonable that is his call was suddenly interrupted, that something unexpected happened. I think if TM was going to attack GZ he would have secured his phone in his pocket. Instead West tries to make it sound like she said if TM was going to attack someone he would have told her that. This testimony is hard to listen too. The girl has a limited vocabulary and maybe a speech impediment. She seems younger than 19 and West looks like he is taking advantage of her with word salad, trying to put words in her mouth and generally bullying someone not nearly as capable with word skills.
    bingo... the suddenness that the call was dropped indicates that it was trayvon in immediate jeopardy, not zimmerman.

Quote Originally Posted by Freethinker View Post
    I'm sure glad I'm not a juror. There's things yet to come. I toss back and forth. There are facts that are negative on both sides. GZ has confirmed violence, TM is not confirmed, but as a teen with problems already, he could be trouble in the making.
    So, what really happened when they finally collided, who knows.
    me too! i'm absolutely glad you're not a juror. it seems as though you have trouble processing information.

Quote Originally Posted by Freethinker View Post
    I don't think too many on this site have a fucking thinking brain to think things out. It's not all cut and dry.
    lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    Trayvon Martins was an Honor student, 3.7 GPA, full college scholarship, volunteer w/ 600+ service hours, went to church every Sunday.

What a thug.
    is this true? i hadn't heard this... where has this information been detailed? i'd like to be able to like assholes to a verified source on it!

PAMK speaking the truth.

Good to see in this thread.
    lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

You must have been watching a different trial than I was. There is no way in hell that "girl" was bullied. In fact, if anyone did any bullying, it was her. Yesterday she was disrespectful as hell to the court. After coaching, yes coaching, today she did her mandatory "just answer 'yessir'and 'nosir" responses with the most sarcastic, disrespectful and totally obnoxious manner I have ever heard in a courtroom. She was just daring the Def Atty to get angry. She is a liar and a female thug who can't even read because she spends her time on her cell, smoking pot, and drinking (by her own admission).
    no now online she is being severly bullied and recieving threats on her life -

Your "location" is a good fit.
    oh gee well that was a very snappy comeback :fail: - wtf if you don't agree knock yourself and state your case out but you don't have to be so snotty about it trying to make a sad attempt at attacking

i think you'll find yourself hard-pressed to get a 'thank you jesus' here...
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

my point is your assertion that behavior makes anyone an addict or scum or gangster is inherently flawed.
    What does it take, THUG tatooed on your ass?

Huh? 2 able bodied men went at it to the death. Only one survived. He is the fittest.

The rest of your drivel sounds like typical elitist liberal BS.
    Meet you outside!

Mano a Dumbo!
    Last edited by Ian 1; 06-27-2013 at 05:35 PM.
    "Of all the emotions, the most dangerous emotion is love." P.D James
    "Do you not realize, my son, with how little wisdom this world is run?" Baron von Oxenstiema"

Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    No, we're all siding with her just because we're dems. Duhhhh.
    speak for yourself! as i keep getting told, i am doing it cuz i am a left wing, liberal media jackson lover

What does it take, THUG tatooed on your ass?
    So you're a blatant racist? In the least, a bigot?

Good to know.
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian 1 View Post
    Meet you outside!

Mano a Dumbo!

You edit a lot, which is an indication of doubt. In a fight to the death there are no edits.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    i think you'll find yourself hard-pressed to get a 'thank you jesus' here...
    My sarcasm was intended. I am a recovering Catholic agnostic...

This very likely could be because she's a recovering addict. In many cases recovering addicts have a (very) difficult time understanding that when others use alcohol or recreational drugs it isn't going to end in addiction or peril.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post
    oh gee well that was a very snappy comeback :fail: - wtf if you don't agree knock yourself and state your case out but you don't have to be so snotty about it trying to make a sad attempt at attacking
    Sad attempt? Apparently not...

Don't feed the trolls! On another note I definitely have some.... Questionable pictures of myself when I was a teenager. I'm by no
    means a thug. I smoked when I was young and went to parties and I drank underage. Sue the fuck out of me for living and learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    This very likely could be because she's a recovering addict. In many cases recovering addicts have a (very) difficult time understanding that when others use alcohol or recreational drugs it isn't going to end in addiction or peril.
    I think there is evidence of the "peril" when one drinks/uses to the point that one cannot read or write at 19. What is your definition of "recreational drugs" by the way? I have seen much evidence that that is an oxymoron, to quote one of this threads finest. I have a very good friend, an attorney with a pedigree, who is finishing his first year of a 10 year prison sentence from using alcohol...hit and killed a motorcyclist. But....he was not addicted to alcohol.

That is not an isolated case, btw. Methinks you have some first hand knowledge of the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Live2Love View Post
    Don't feed the trolls! On another note I definitely have some.... Questionable pictures of myself when I was a teenager. I'm by no
    means a thug. I smoked when I was young and went to parties and I drank underage. Sue the fuck out of me for living and learning.

I don't believe this one bit. Lets see one of these alleged pictures.

How the hell did he get all of those marks/scars on the back of his head??
    Can you show me these life threatening injuries? Or doctors reports of any that were deemed to be life threatening? I have hit my head on the corner of the damn cabinets in my house and it bled like hell and was painful as hell but anytime that you cut your scalp it bleeds profusely. There does not seem to be much blood around the wound that killed Trayvon but he is just as dead.
    Again, he thought he was a bad ass because he knew he had the gun on his hip so when he got his nose bloodied he shot, that is NOT self defense it is murder.

This I could see leading to a shooting- not a couple of a scratches on his head

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8099/8...cd8c8664_z.jpg

Thread Information