Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
I think I'm on froyo. I can't remember. How do I tell again? I won't give up my phone though. Fucker at the VZ store 'upgraded' me to a 'new' phone. Yeah. It was basically a downgrade. I bitched about the phone sucking so much my husband took it back that same night and made them put my number on my old phone. My husband uses the pantech as a game machine now.
Go into settings and about phone. Gingerbread was version 2.3 I believe. Froyo 2.2. The newer Android phones are pretty awesome but with the screen size, they just eat battery life. I like my phone slim and don't want to have an extended battery. My iPhone makes it through a day of very hard use.

Quote Originally Posted by rebkas View Post
I'll be getting the jellybean update this weekend. But I don't know what that means.

The stuff I've read says to keep wifi on to help keep the battery from draining....this is not true?

I keep bluetooth off and my screen timeout is low as well.

I am so tech-tard
Oh, I always keep my wifi on because if you have email or FB on it, it takes more to reach out to cellular than to keep connected to wifi IMO. I keep BT and wifi on constantly. I find that if you want to make it through a day with Android, you just adjust screen brightness and awake time. By awake time, I mean the amount of time it will stay on without input.