Page 1801 of 2163 FirstFirst ... 801 1301 1701 1751 1791 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1811 1851 1901 ... LastLast
Results 45,001 to 45,025 of 54055

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death

Quote Originally Posted by Person View Post
    I did. Jodi said to the lawyer: "Yep, that would have been better."
    Oh okay, thank you!

If I was in jail, I would be hyper-vigilant too. And it would have nothing to do with PTSD.

Quote Originally Posted by gigiann View Post
    ----------------------

Would the autopsy of TAs brain show any abnormalities related to the amount of stress he must have experience?
    I don't think so, for a couple of reasons. One, I believe these are temporary abnormalities/changes and they would be something that went away. However, it possibly could have been noticeable in someone who died in that moment when feeling that stress; I'm not sure. However, there was too much brain decomposition after 5 days to be able to tell anything like that.

"Well, it's YOUR fog..." - J. Martinez

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Justice11 View Post
    Willmott is so flirty with her witnesses. This isn't high school. Learn how to be professional for crying out loud. She actually said, "Did I give you enough time to get comfortable up there?" This isn't a "date"...he's on a witness stand. Learn the difference.
    I thought that question was strange, however, I enjoy hearing her talk for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    "our emotions overpower our reasoning"

Isn't that damaging to the defense?
    I would think so too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Come on guys stop hating on his testimony. He's testifying to the best of his knowledge in his field. What he's saying is true, he's not saying that it's what happened to Jodi specifically, he's talking about theoretical scenarios which may or may not have occured here. The defence has a job to do just because we don't agree doesn't mean we should trash him. The whole trial can't be one sided :/
    Girl. I totally agree. Ya he's sketchy as fuck, but he's just doing his job. Just like the defense. I never understood the defense hate.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieBelle View Post
    PTSD does not cause the person to lie, compulsively.
    Seriously. I was diagosed with PTSD last summer. I killed no one....that I can remember....there may be some fog there. I kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by biggie View Post
    Man, you guys are taking a beating today.
    Sure we are.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post
    Poor Jodi. She murdered Travis so now she has trauma that she can't remember. We should all feel sorry for her. Thats what I'm getting from this testimony.
    I get that they are trying to prove that she really doesn't remember. Doesn't mean I believe it though. I think she does remember. And I also think that Travis was never abusive.

Also...INCONCEIVABLE. I love that little man.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by NCBlonde View Post
    WTF? Now he's citing a person who killed someone in a hunting accident and how they were traumatized. Of course they were traumatized, it was an accident. What Jodi did, was no accident.

I really hope Martinez nails this guy to the wall. It's beyond disgusting to talk about people who were victims or who were involved in accidents, and compare them to what Jodi willfully did.
    Ya know! Hes brought up every example of actual PSTD that could honestly happen... but NOTHING that's even in the same ballpark as her case.

[B]Sorry in advance for the tl;dr-ness of this post.[/B

Those people he mentioned are REMORSEFUL afterwards, they don't create different versions of the stories, they show EMOTIONS when recounting them, and they actually happened they way they DID!
    NOTHING about her says PTSD to me. There's just nothing. How can she describe an event, one that was SO traumatic she had to fog-block most of it out, without even a hint of disturbance in her demeanor. Just emptiness. Like she is recounting a trip to do a mundane errand or something.

I should tell everyone that I'm going into this long ass post having only heard clips and bits of the guys testimony.
    Anywho... I have what I believe to be legitimate PSTD about 2 things. I do have some memory disturbance on one of them (the worst if the 2) so I can't deny that happens. About the first: even simple words he said during the event send me flying back there, like I'm right back at that day. Smells, sounds, situations that are similar... same damned thing. I become completely disturbed and this is almost 15yrs later! Regarding the 2nd event: someone doing a mock finger gun to the head (Ive had 2 exes kill themselves by gunshot, but the 2nd I was the one to find ) FREAKS me out. Talking about it is damn near impossible, and when I have there is NO way I could do it without emotions.
    Didn't she want to see pics of the event!? WHO, after being so traumatized by an event, would want to see reminders?

I can't deny that this "blunted affect" thing is real, but from personal experience, and friends experiences, it seems to not be the norm.

Couldn't this non-emotion be just that? Bitch doesn't give a fuck?

And, correct me if I'm wrong....but wouldn't slicing and dicing another human being to ribbons, in the most vile and viscious manner possible, ALSO disturb the murderer's sleep patterns? Oh, no.....wait......that would imply a conscience. Never mind. Let's stick with PTSD!

Evidentiary hearing tomorrow

Okay, I can't remember exactly what he said, but something about not wanting to relive or even talk about the event. Ummm, Jodi actually threw herself into the middle of the investigation. She called the police and tried to get involved. Hell, she had someone drive her past the scene of the crime not long after (was it Travis' memorial or something?) Yeah, she was REAL traumatized by the murder, that she wanted to view crime scene photos and call the detectives and drive by Travis' house.
    She bought a GUN to go camping with 5 guys within a few weeks after June 4!
    According to her story, the gunshot is like the last thing that happened before she went into her *dissasociation*. Avoidance? She wanted to go TA's house when she went to AZ for the memorial service.

For those who were bothered by today, keep in mind that ALL of the expert testimony today is based on Stabby's words and descriptions (I had a fog, I felt stressed, I could not remember, I was suicidal, etc, etc). If the jury thinks that most of what she has been saying so far in this trial is made up bullshit, then a defense based totally on Stabby's made up bullshit is not going to be very compelling to the jury.

Just sayin'

Pittsburgh Steelers Rock Cocopop's Avatar
    Doc testified under oath, after reading JA's diary he stated "in her diaries, she is essentially a pacifist, & not a violent word, not a negative word, I didn't come across not one negative word, statement, violence thought or hostile thought in any of all of these writings. That I read"
    JA's writings from her diary 8-26-07 "...he makes me sick & makes me sad & miserable all of my darkness as a result of my own creation..."
    "I just wish I could die"
    So Doc lied, fogged up or doesn't relate words such as: sick, sad, miserable or die to be Negative... WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Oh, goody!

Now we get to talk about how batsh!t fukin' premeditato-murderess crazy I am!

Me, me, me, me, me, me me! My favorite topic.

Signed,
    Stabby Stab McStabber

Quote Originally Posted by bete noire View Post
    Ya know! Hes brought up every example of actual PSTD that could honestly happen... but NOTHING that's even in the same ballpark as her case.

Those people he mentioned are REMORSEFUL afterwards, they don't create different versions of the stories, they show EMOTIONS when recounting them, and they actually happened they way they DID!
    NOTHING about her says PTSD to me. There's just nothing. How can she describe an event, one that was SO traumatic she had to fog-block most of it out, without even a hint of disturbance in her demeanor. Just emptiness. Like she is recounting a trip to do a mundane errand or something.

I should tell everyone that I'm going into this long ass post having only heard clips and bits of the guys testimony.
    Anywho... I have what I believe to be legitimate PSTD about 2 things. I do have some memory disturbance on one of them (the worst if the 2) so I can't deny that happens. About the first: even simple words he said during the event send me flying back there, like I'm right back at that day. Smells, sounds, situations that are similar... same damned thing. I become completely disturbed and this is almost 15yrs later! Regarding the 2nd event: someone doing a mock finger gun to the head (Ive had 2 exes kill themselves by gunshot, but the 2nd I was the one to find ) FREAKS me out. Talking about it is damn near impossible, and when I have there is NO way I could do it without emotions.
    Didn't she want to see pics of the event!? WHO, after being so traumatized by an event, would want to see reminders?

I can't deny that this "blunted affect" thing is real, but from personal experience, and friends experiences, it seems to not be the norm.

As a fellow suicide survivor (my husband), I am so sorry for your experiences. And as a fellow PTSD sufferer (flashbacks....a total body experience, that takes me about 1/2 hour to bring myself out of...and that is after years of therapy, desensitization, EMDR, self-hypnosis, etc.).....I agree with you. Jodi is full of shit. It has been 17 yrs since my trauma, and I STILL have no totally healed. It made me sick, listening to them try to actually use that as a defense. She is as evil as they make 'em.

"DirtyPickles says:
    March 14, 2013 at 3:12 pm
    Just want to encourage everyone to keep digging. We have unearthed a lot of evidence on this site and we need to find even more. So in other words ?assholes and elbows? people."

From JAII

LOL, I was just reviewing the doctor's testimony. He cites a study of 21 people to find that crazy murderers suffer from PTSD?

I just finished a medical research project. We were supposed to finish it last year, but because we only had 6,000 people in our study, we had to extend it a year before we could publish it!

Crap science!

Quote Originally Posted by Brillig View Post
    Biggie is implying that the prosecution is taking a beating. I don't think the prosecutution is taking a beating at all, but opinions can differ.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowfallsoon View Post
    I thought the prosecution was supplying the beating. Just my correct opinion.
    Biggie is a Jodi supported. He/she thinks the prosecution (and those of us who want justice) took a beating because the defense witness (a psychologist) was trying to claim Jodi suffered from PTSD after she murdered Travis and so that explains why she was acting normal, repressing memories, etc.

He basically shot himself in the foot though when he said he went into the meeting with Jodi assuming she was suffering from PTSD and it was basically his suggestion, rather than coming from Jodi.

He also spouted a lot of nonsense in trying to explain her fog and how she could drive and do things, even though she was supposedly in this fog. He was trying to say that Jodi met the criteria and acted like someone with PTSD; then he compared her to soldiers and police officers who have to kill someone, or someone who had killed someone in a hunting accident, and how they could repress memories. How he remotely thought that an accidental shooting or a shooting in the line of duty compared to someone who intentionally butchered another person, I don't know.

Cross-examination of this witness should be good.
    Thanks for the updates...I hope I didn't miss anyone in this multi-quote. I hope to catch up on testimony tomorrow with the videos. :)

So, Doctor, if Travis had survived the attack, would he have had PTSD? Would he have been scared to go in a shower stall? Scared to have a relationship?

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieBelle View Post
    As a fellow suicide survivor (my husband), I am so sorry for your experiences. And as a fellow PTSD sufferer (flashbacks....a total body experience, that takes me about 1/2 hour to bring myself out of...and that is after years of therapy, desensitization, EMDR, self-hypnosis, etc.).....I agree with you. Jodi is full of shit. It has been 17 yrs since my trauma, and I STILL have no totally healed. It made me sick, listening to them try to actually use that as a defense. She is as evil as they make 'em.
    So sorry about your husband

It also makes me sick to hear this.
    It's a HUGE slap in the face to the people who really suffer with these things, right along with the slap in the face to domestic violence victims.

She's just a horrible individual.
    I have never in my life had such a dislike for someone I have never even met!

She is unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    I hope JM visits each of these with Dr. Show Me the Money Samuels.

Denial? Did I just hear the good Dr. say he thinks Stabby was in DENIAL? Please see NCBlonde's post above.

When he talks of reading her journals he realizes of course, doesn't he, that she spent NINETEEN DAYS on the stand stating that she didn't write down negative thoughts due to the Law of Attraction?
    And another point..this 'expert' saw her 12 times over the course of years, maybe a few hours at a time. We just had to watch her for several hours at a time for 19 DAYS. I'd say we all know quite a bit about who Jodi is after all of that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bete noire View Post

Yep...she just doesn't give a f*ck. Typical of a sociopath...not PTSD. (Sorry about your bad experiences. :( )

Evidentiary hearing tomorrow
    That's what I was thinking.

P.S...I was just kidding about the port/court thing. I just love me some good port is all! :)

"DirtyPickles says:
    March 14, 2013 at 3:12 pm
    Just want to encourage everyone to keep digging. We have unearthed a lot of evidence on this site and we need to find even more. So in other words ?assholes and elbows? people."

From JAII
    They are more delusional than ever, aren't they? What, do they think they are like the webslueth site??
    "You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." D. Moynihan
    See my profile page for the location of my "Dear Diary" posts in the Jodi thread.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/member.php?82091-Justice11

Is the defense saying she had PTSD as a result of killing Travis or as a result of being abused by Travis??

Quote Originally Posted by CreepyGus View Post
    LOL, I was just reviewing the doctor's testimony. He cites a study of 21 people to find that crazy murderers suffer from PTSD?

I just finished a medical research project. We were supposed to finish it last year, but because we only had 6,000 people in our study, we had to extend it a year before we could publish it!

Crap science!
    Wow...that's pretty funny. 21 vs 6,000. Yikes!
    "You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." D. Moynihan
    See my profile page for the location of my "Dear Diary" posts in the Jodi thread.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/member.php?82091-Justice11

Isn't Jodi being in court like a privilege for her and/or like a field trip out of her jail cell?

Quote Originally Posted by Justice11 View Post
    P.S...I was just kidding about the port/court thing. I just love me some good port is all! :)
    Port! What a totally excellent idea. I love me some good port too, and I am going to have a glass right now. After sitting through today, I deserve it.

Skol!

Whree the hell is tonight's 'BOMBSHELL', Nancy, you fat disgusting piglet?

Is the defense saying she had PTSD as a result of killing Travis or as a result of being abused by Travis??
    As a result of KILLING Travis

Thread Information