Page 1782 of 2163 FirstFirst ... 782 1282 1682 1732 1772 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1792 1832 1882 ... LastLast
Results 44,526 to 44,550 of 54055

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death

[QUOTING IAN1: My late wife's grandmother, Anna Kaisa Debner Snikkari, (now that's a Finnish name if you've ever heard one), would tell Nurmi to "go sniff a cat's ass." (Translation from the original Finnish Language.) It was the favorite expression of this great and elegant Scandanavian matriarch that she uttered in response to almost everybody that annoyed her. Mr. Nurmi would not survive Mrs. Snikkari's withering condemnation.]

My Maw Maw would curse in cajun French...I would be afraid of what she would have to say to Nurmi.

Quote Originally Posted by ChelseyDawn View Post
    And we all know how reliable and unbiased the media is!! Really, letting in media articles. Scientific Journals - sure. But how pathetic is it that a scholar and professional would want to let in a magazine article!!

Heck even in college my professors required scientific journals and would have never, ever allowed a magazine article as part of our research.

Is the guy going to reference Wickipedia next?!?!?!
    Yes, I am guessing Wikipedia is next. Or maybe even Conservapedia? :tongue2"

WHAT A LOAD OF STEAMING SHIT!!!!

The defense is as creepy as Jodi is! Knowingly violating the rules of court so they can get what they want! Sounds a lot like our little diva, doesn't it?

And PTSD, my ass! I don't believe Travis ever laid a finger on Jodi. Did the rent-a-shrink happen to test her for narcissism, sociopathy, or any other disorders?

Okay, rant over.

I so want to know what their excuse is for Jodi's "PTSD", how laughable and I know jury will be laughing too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimple blossom View Post
    I so want to know what their excuse is for Jodi's "PTSD", how laughable and I know jury will be laughing too.

I'm guessing it's the actual murder. To most normal people that would be a very traumatic event, but normal people likely wouldn't do that to someone and Jodi is NOT normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimple blossom View Post
    It is far worse than just that. JM has a shrink to fight his side. but...........
    Def is ow making a shrink into a criminologist crime scene expert which is BS

I hope they (co attorney) has time to debunk this 'expert' witness. Samuels sounds biased way beyond belief from what's been said so far...

Quote Originally Posted by CreepyGus View Post
    WHAT A LOAD OF STEAMING SHIT!!!!

The defense is as creepy as Jodi is! Knowingly violating the rules of court so they can get what they want! Sounds a lot like our little diva, doesn't it?

And PTSD, my ass! I don't believe Travis ever laid a finger on Jodi. Did the rent-a-shrink happen to test her for narcissism, sociopathy, or any other disorders?

Okay, rant over.
    Yep, it's total ridiculousness. Don't know why I'm even surprised though.

The good news is that Martinez is going to be in his prime when cross examining him. This "expert" might want to make sure he has a spare pair of shorts.

I'm going to say a special prayer that Martinez is able to bring forth the truth, whatever that might be.
    "You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." D. Moynihan
    See my profile page for the location of my "Dear Diary" posts in the Jodi thread.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/member.php?82091-Justice11

I don't think the psychologist's testimony is a big deal. We all know -- and the prosecution of course knew -- that he would try and throw mental issues and PTSD into the mix. That's expected, imo.

Although I do think it seems as though they may try and say she had some mental "disorder". In that case, I think it could be an issue, in that they MAY try and throw a little "insanity" in there, without having to actually plead insanity. When I first started watching this trial, I wondered why they didn't go for insanity rather than self-defense this time around. It would be easy to claim that, and/or some kind of personality disorder, for things like breaking into his house via the doggie door, slashing tires, etc.

But then I read that the insanity defense is fairly tough to do in Arizona. So, in comes the self defense, but as I said, I think they will sprinkle this "we're saying she had mental problems without actually calling it insanity" and try to get away with that.

What is the big deal is that this guy is going to be addressing terms and things that the prosecution has no knowledge of and no time to catch-up on. So, how is Martinez going to ask questions when he has no time to research what the psychologist is going to talk about?

"Well, it's YOUR fog..." - J. Martinez

Quote Originally Posted by Booya View Post
    Ian-
    Correction: Finnish people are not Scandinavians.
    Yeah! I know. I knew it when I typed it but picked it out of a nice rep and thought I'd leave it in. Poetic License? Finland is in the area. Promise I won't do it again. Mrs. Snikkari would not be pleased.

"Of all the emotions, the most dangerous emotion is love." P.D James
    "Do you not realize, my son, with how little wisdom this world is run?" Baron von Oxenstiema"

I agree completely that this should not be allowed in! However, I have faith in JM! I can picture him taking this personally and now he has a short time frame to prepare to put this guy in his place! I suspect a fierce cross for this guy!

Quote Originally Posted by ***JiLL*** View Post
    I'm guessing it's the actual murder. To most normal people that would be a very traumatic event, but normal people likely wouldn't do that to someone and Jodi is NOT normal.
    Yeah I was just thinking that too, but she caused the murder herself, her "PTSD" could have been prevented by not murdering in the first place right haha.

Quote Originally Posted by wasthinking View Post
    It is far worse than just that. JM has a shrink to fight his side. but...........
    Def is ow making a shrink into a criminologist crime scene expert which is BS
    Oh good I'm glad he will! I know right, the defense is such a joke.

The thing I absolutely hate about when trials bring the head drs. in is while it is a science, it is not 100% reliable. How many of these experts have been totally snowed by the defendant simply because they had looked it up in the crazy peoples diagnosis handbook what their appropriate action should be. As already discussed in here people's reactions to certain situations can vary regardless of what the manual says.

If this is the reason we get a day and a half of testimony this week I'll be bummed.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    What traumatic event occurred that resulted in PTSD??? Having her hair put in pigtails?? Being told her boyfriend would LIKE to tie her a tree and bum eff her?? Having a Toblerone thrown at her face??

What a fucking slap in the face (Toblerone free) to victims of actual sexual trauma suffering from PTSD.
    He YELLED at her and said MEAN THINGS! Oh and grabbed her arm once, too!

I bet this guy will be as genius as the "expert" in the West Memphis Three trial who testified they were all satan worshiping murderers. There's a special place in hell for these people who lie to let a murderer go free in order to line their own pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by NCBlonde View Post
    I don't think the psychologist's testimony is a big deal. We all know -- and the prosecution of course knew -- that he would try and throw mental issues and PTSD into the mix. That's expected, imo.

Although I do think it seems as though they may try and say she had some mental "disorder". In that case, I think it could be an issue, in that they MAY try and throw a little "insanity" in there, without having to actually plead insanity. When I first started watching this trial, I wondered why they didn't go for insanity rather than self-defense this time around. It would be easy to claim that, and/or some kind of personality disorder, for things like breaking into his house via the doggie door, slashing tires, etc.

But then I read that the insanity defense is fairly tough to do in Arizona. So, in comes the self defense, but as I said, I think they will sprinkle this "we're saying she had mental problems without actually calling it insanity" and try to get away with that.

What is the big deal is that this guy is going to be addressing terms and things that the prosecution has no knowledge of and no time to catch-up on. So, how is Martinez going to ask questions when he has no time to research what the psychologist is going to talk about?
    Yeah, she had her chance to plead insanity, but she isn't insane, so she couldn't. She has "personality" disorders out the wazoo, but those don't make her insane. Guess she wants to have her cake and eat it too. Or is it pie?

Quote Originally Posted by DiaDeLosMuertos View Post
    If this is the reason we get a day and a half of testimony this week I'll be bummed.
    Yesterday wasn't even a full day. Was there even a full three hours of court??
    "You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." D. Moynihan
    See my profile page for the location of my "Dear Diary" posts in the Jodi thread.

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    He YELLED at her and said MEAN THINGS! Oh and grabbed her arm once, too!
    Oh the horror!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NCBlonde View Post

They actually had her evaluated for insanity - perhaps they were considering that route. However, she passed and was declared competent to stand trial. I believe one of the major factors they mentioned is that she possesses the ability to understand the difference between right and wrong and where her actions lie within that.

I bet this guy will be as genius as the "expert" in the West Memphis Three trial who testified they were all satan worshiping murderers. There's a special place in hell for these people who lie to let a murderer go free in order to line their own pockets.
    I agree. Travis gets to be murdered all over again every time an "expert" tries to excuse his murderer. I don't know how they can even sleep at night.

So who's left to testify for the defense after this guy? The snow white battered woman "expert" and Jodi's former cell mate? I guess the defense has probably cooked up some more witnesses along the way. Hopefully none of them take more than a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Justice11 View Post
    Yeah, she had her chance to plead insanity, but she isn't insane, so she couldn't. She has "personality" disorders out the wazoo, but those don't make her insane. Guess she wants to have her cake and eat it too. Or is it pie?

Yesterday wasn't even a full day. Was there even a full three hours of court??
    Banana cream-pie.

"Well, it's YOUR fog..." - J. Martinez

Oh the horror!!!!
    Don't forget he slapped her upside the neckjaw.

Yeah, that guy got his credentials through mail order!

[QUOTING:*Originally Posted by**crickets**He YELLED at her and said MEAN THINGS! Oh and grabbed her arm once, too!]

There would be one hellava body count if I would have committed PTSD murders everytime I got yelled at.

Thread Information