Page 1500 of 2163 FirstFirst ... 500 1000 1400 1450 1490 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1510 1550 1600 2000 ... LastLast
Results 37,476 to 37,500 of 54055

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death

Quote Originally Posted by bryanwasdrunk View Post
    Al Jazeera has a story on Jodi!
    http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opi...155937564.html

( I've actually wondered what would of happened if some woman in a Mid-Eastern country tried to pull shit like Jodi's trying to pull )
    Oh, jeez, you can't be serious??!
    And I think she would have been stoned to death, 3 and 1/2 yrs ago, no questions asked!

Wonder if the defense is still going to call Matt Mccartney to the stand? Also, if I recall correctly.. I think the defense wanted to use to polygraph expert in the sentencing phase, no?

( I've actually wondered what would of happened if some woman in a Mid-Eastern country tried to pull shit like Jodi's trying to pull )
    Thanks for the link!

One recent case in which the defence was the basis of an acquittal was that of Barbara Sheehan, who pumped a torrent of bullets into her husband of twenty-four years while he was shaving. Testimony in that case revealed that the relationship had been one of prolonged abuse including incidents in which Mr Sheehan had smashed his wife's head against a cinderblock and thrown boiling pasta sauce at her.

Acquittals however, are the exception. According to the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence [PDF], the average prison sentence of men who kill their female partners in the United States is 2 to 6 years while women who kill their male partners do more than double the time at about 15 years. In addition, 90 percent of women serving time in jails for killing men have been battered by those men. This is true even though women are eight times more likely than men to be murdered by their intimate partners. These grim statistics, the realities of abused women, and the fear-based dynamics of intimate crimes that often rely on the word of a woman against a man, all pale against the snappy dramatics of the Arias trial. When a scheming woman pretends to be a victimised one, her lies inevitably taint the fates of those who will tell the truth in the future.

haha!! i like that article even if i am a dulled american they prolly would have stoned her to death in the town square by now after one of there 2 hour trials

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieBelle View Post
    I'm no lawyer, so I'm uncertain of the exact wording of the laws. As far as I understand, the prosecution is seeking a conviction on murder in the first degree....and the penalty of death. Her defense to the charges is that she murdered him, but it was in self defense. I believe it depends on the instructions to the jury in the state of Arizona, given by the judge as to whether or not they can also consider lesser charges such as second degree murder, etc. Or, I am not totally sure....maybe they can find her innocent, even if she admits to killing him, if the prosecution cannot convince the jury that it was first degree? I know the laws differ from state to state.
    I'm no lawyer either, but am a forensic psychologist in Scotland and a little familiar with law at least. I know nothing, of course, of US law, or that pertaining to Arizona, but pretty sure that the defense here is the 'killing' of TA and not that of 'murder' in any lesser degree than 1st. Only know this because I've followed the case since 2009, and know that Juan Martinez is not permitted (by the DA) to make any plea deals with the defendant in this case, ie; lesser charge of manslaughter or 2nd degree. The evidence against her is so compelling that JA has already tried this, prior to her 'self defense' claim, and was rejected by the State. The options for the Jury are, in my understanding, Murder in the 1st, or Not Guilty. That's it! If it's 1st, then they move to Life or Death.

Quote Originally Posted by SheStartedIt View Post
    Wonder if the defense is still going to call Matt Mccartney to the stand? Also, if I recall correctly.. I think the defense wanted to use to polygraph expert in the sentencing phase, no?
    Their listed polygraph examiner is Rosemarie A. Urbanski

You can find info about her & the company she works with here: http://sentencemitigationinstitute.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SheStartedIt View Post
    Their listed polygraph expert is Rosemarie A. Urbanski. If you google her name you'll find the website of the company she works for and her details etc.

Quote Originally Posted by poppym View Post
    I'm no lawyer either, but am a forensic psychologist in Scotland and a little familiar with law at least. I know nothing, of course, of US law, or that pertaining to Arizona, but pretty sure that the defense here is the 'killing' of TA and not that of 'murder' in any lesser degree than 1st. Only know this because I've followed the case since 2009, and know that Juan Martinez is not permitted (by the DA) to make any plea deals with the defendant in this case, ie; lesser charge of manslaughter or 2nd degree. The evidence against her is so compelling that JA has already tried this, prior to her 'self defense' claim, and was rejected by the State. The options for the Jury are, in my understanding, Murder in the 1st, or Not Guilty. That's it! If it's 1st, then they move to Life or Death.
    Of course I might be totally wrong! Heard her friend Donavan say on HLN that she's hoping for manslaughter??

Quote Originally Posted by MNaghtenRulesOK
    Hopefully Nurmi won't take [I
    forever[/I] with his redirect. *dreading it*
    Welcome! Agree - Nurmi is so tiresome and he is so disrespectful. He whines like a two-year-old with that (whimper) Its-not-fair (whimper) tone of voice. I am sick to death of this slug in a suit.

Thank you!! : ) Glad I finally worked up the nerve to post!

I understand that Nurmi is fighting an uphill battle and has piss all to work with but still...my god...!! It feels like every. word. has. a. pause. after. it!!! Between his monotonous dribble and JA's boring rambling; I don't think I'll make it through too much of it!! Together they are better than any kind of sleeping aid! : D

Quote Originally Posted by MNaghtenRulesOK View Post
    Thank you!! : ) Glad I finally worked up the nerve to post!

I understand that Nurmi is fighting an uphill battle and has piss all to work with but still...my god...!! It feels like every. word. has. a. pause. after. it!!! Between his monotonous dribble and JA's boring rambling; I don't think I'll make it through too much of it!! Together they are better than any kind of sleeping aid! : D
    I keep the live feed going in one tab with My Death Space in another so I can while away the time reading comments here with the sound of the trial in the background. If I miss anything I view it later on Tawnidilly's Youtube videos. OR I just shut it all down and watch the videos later where I can skip ahead...

dimedropper
    Quote Originally Posted by MNaghtenRulesOK View Post
    Their listed polygraph expert is Rosemarie A. Urbanski. If you google her name you'll find the website of the company she works for and her details etc.
    Rosemarie Urbanski is the handwriting expert who deemed the letters forgeries or probable forgeries

idk if the site is to busy or my internet, so its not letting me quote

@woohoo - i remember a case a few years ago there where a woman went w/ fiance to LE to report a rape, instead she was arrested and jailed for letting herself be in the position to be raped, jodi should thank god she lives here

@MNaghtenRulesOK and @poppym - i found out in arizona the judge has the discretion at the end of trial the let the jury have the opportunity to be able to find her guilty on a lessor charge if the evidence warrants it, and its totally her call then, she doesn't need the DA to approve it - but donavan is also a nut case, i don't think she used enuff time in the prison library when she was jodi's cell mate - kinda sad her supporters are all just the ppl she has meant since she was sent to prison

Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post
    idk if the site is to busy or my internet, so its not letting me quote

@woohoo - i remember a case a few years ago there where a woman went w/ fiance to LE to report a rape, instead she was arrested and jailed for letting herself be in the position to be raped, jodi should thank god she lives here

@MNaghtenRulesOK and @poppym - i found out in arizona the judge has the discretion at the end of trial the let the jury have the opportunity to be able to find her guilty on a lessor charge if the evidence warrants it, and its totally her call then, she doesn't need the DA to approve it - but donavan is also a nut case, i don't think she used enuff time in the prison library when she was jodi's cell mate - kinda sad her supporters are all just the ppl she has meant since she was sent to prison

Things are running slow for me, too.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post
    @MNaghtenRulesOK and @poppym - i found out in arizona the judge has the discretion at the end of trial the let the jury have the opportunity to be able to find her guilty on a lessor charge if the evidence warrants it, and its totally her call then, she doesn't need the DA to approve it -
    do you have a source for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Jinkasaurus View Post
    do you have a source for this?
    there are more, but here is one off the top of my head
    http://azcapitoltimes.com/news/2012/...es-court-says/

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetharmony View Post
    I keep the live feed going in one tab with My Death Space in another so I can while away the time reading comments here with the sound of the trial in the background. If I miss anything I view it later on Tawnidilly's Youtube videos. OR I just shut it all down and watch the videos later where I can skip ahead...
    I pretty much do the same. Although I was glued to it last week when JM was doing cross. Now that Nurmi's back at it...meh. I'll be switching off for the most part. : D

Don't want to go through 1508 pages for live feed could someone please post it? Ta

Quote Originally Posted by wasthinking View Post
    I haven't thrown "all" out the window. lol That's a bit dramatic and false. I've stated my opinions, they should be clear by now.
    Again, sorry different opinions aren't respected by some
    Not called for! You are deliberately dismissing other people's fact-based opinions. For example, you keep reasserting that the shooting/stabbing sequence is bears significance only to the Aggravating Factors when in fact, it is a cornerstone of the self-defense theory.
    "Of all the emotions, the most dangerous emotion is love." P.D James
    "Do you not realize, my son, with how little wisdom this world is run?" Baron von Oxenstiema"

Quote Originally Posted by luvit View Post
    Don't want to go through 1508 pages for live feed could someone please post it? Ta
    Here ya go: http://www.azcentral.com/community/m...ive-video.html

Thank you Sweet...

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieBelle View Post
    Thank you for posting this! I've always wondered what type of machine they are typing on. I knew they used a shorthand type method of sorts, but I was surprised to see what the printout looks like. No wonder they make so much money! Pretty amazing, I'd say!!
    Yep. The invention of this machine, put an end to Gregg and Pitman shorthand that used to be a part of young women's secretarial training courses. On a few occasions in the distant past. old-style shorthand court reporters died before they could transcribe their shorthand notes and, since they were difficult for others to read/interpret, Transcripts could not be produced and the record of the proceedings were often lost. The Stenotype machine went a long way towards overcoming a recurrence of those disasters. Of course, when machine shorthand first came in, the old style shorthand purists objected strenuously and looked down upon the new 'technology.'
    "Of all the emotions, the most dangerous emotion is love." P.D James
    "Do you not realize, my son, with how little wisdom this world is run?" Baron von Oxenstiema"

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetharmony View Post
    That's exactly what I do!

Ask away, I'm living in Egypt at the moment :)

Quote Originally Posted by wasthinking View Post
    I always note where bullet casings fall when running for my life, don't you? Stop and inspect the area for blood, determine if it's mine or not, pick up any knives or guns or bloody socks, do the laundry.

"well it's your fog"
    Oh, come on!. She didn't know where Travis landed, she didn't know where he was shot, she didn't know if he was bleeding - but she was absolutely sure the casing did not land there!

Thread Information