Page 1499 of 2163 FirstFirst ... 499 999 1399 1449 1489 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1509 1549 1599 1999 ... LastLast
Results 37,451 to 37,475 of 54055

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death

dimedropper
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetharmony View Post
    Something just occurred to me... Several people here have speculated that the gun jammed. When Martinez was questioning Jodi about the gun and where it was kept, he asked her where the ammunition was. Seems to me she got a funny look on her face and replied "in the gun." I don't think any ammunition was reported stolen from the grandparents' house either. Maybe she thought there were more rounds in the gun than there were? Maybe there was only one bullet...
    if no ammunition was missing from the grandparents house where did the bullet come from? It didn't jam, it clicked and nothing happened because there was only one.I would doubt she would even know how to load it

dimedropper
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockabillychick View Post
    25 cal ammunition was found in the search of her mother's house.
    was only one bullet missing from the ammo rack?

In reference to 2:49:50 - 2:50:31 in the following link:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ4Svvm7reY

JM states "Murder" 3 times! I know this is deliberate and clever on JM's part, but why does the defense pose NO "objection" to this?? And why would Jodi not correct him on this, as she has so evidently enjoyed doing during her microscopic cross-testimonial response??

Looking for genuine response? Please respond - Do you think the defense team are saving a few for 'ineffective counsel' on appeal??

I think she brought the gun, of course, but I have always thought there was only one bullet! So very interesting point you are making! I also thought that because she only had one bullet, she brought a knife with her! If you can recall, after she was arrested, it was thought that she may have been attempting to flee. A car was packed with her belongings outside her grandparents house, and a 9mm gun was found in her luggage. No ammunition was found, but there was a knife hidden among the boxes. Neither of these weapons relate to TA, but it does say something about her.

dimedropper
    Quote Originally Posted by poppym View Post
    I think she brought the gun, of course, but I have always thought there was only one bullet! So very interesting point you are making! I also thought that because she only had one bullet, she brought a knife with her! If you can recall, after she was arrested, it was thought that she may have been attempting to flee. A car was packed with her belongings outside her grandparents house, and a 9mm gun was found in her luggage. No ammunition was found, but there was a knife hidden among the boxes. Neither of these weapons relate to TA, but it does say something about her.
    I heard the 9 was found a while later in the rent a car in San Francisco that she had rented,stashed very well in it

Found the part of Jodi's testimony that I was referring to earlier in the day...concerning her testimony about the rope that was used to tie her up with. She's previously described this as green/gold and tremendously long. On Youtube, Croakerqueen123 posts Day 19 of trial in 3 parts. Part 3, approximately 5:15:00, Nurmi starts showing her some previously introduced crime scene photos.....two of them showing this little piece of "rope" on the stairs. To me, it looks like one of those decorative type loops used on pillows or curtains. And it looks to be one circular piece. She says "yes, that is the rope....part of it that we used" and that had me scratching my head and saying "huh?" Don't know if anyone else caught that particular moment.

Back after a few days. Forgive me if this has already been answered but is JM done questioning Jodi and what happens tomorrow if anyone knows?

Quote Originally Posted by loonywop View Post
    I heard the 9 was found a while later in the rent a car in San Francisco that she had rented,stashed very well in it
    You're right! I forgot that!

dimedropper
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimple blossom View Post
    Back after a few days. Forgive me if this has already been answered but is JM done questioning Jodi and what happens tomorrow if anyone knows?
    Nurmi redirects and then rebuttal starts then closing statements

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieBelle View Post
    Found the part of Jodi's testimony that I was referring to earlier in the day...concerning her testimony about the rope that was used to tie her up with. She's previously described this as green/gold and tremendously long. On Youtube, Croakerqueen123 posts Day 19 of trial in 3 parts. Part 3, approximately 5:15:00, Nurmi starts showing her some previously introduced crime scene photos.....two of them showing this little piece of "rope" on the stairs. To me, it looks like one of those decorative type loops used on pillows or curtains. And it looks to be one circular piece. She says "yes, that is the rope....part of it that we used" and that had me scratching my head and saying "huh?" Don't know if anyone else caught that particular moment.
    Yes! Caught it on prosecution case and defense direct. If you remember in the prosecution case (early January), crime scene tech testified she saw similar 'braiding' (my word) around the pillows on TA's large chair.

In reference to 2:49:50 - 2:50:31 in the following link:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ4Svvm7reY

JM states "Murder" 3 times! I know this is deliberate and clever on JM's part, but why does the defense pose NO "objection" to this?? And why would Jodi not correct him on this, as she has so evidently enjoyed doing during her microscopic cross-testimonial response??

Looking for genuine response? Please respond - Do you think the defense team are saving a few for 'ineffective counsel' on appeal??
    My guess is because there is no doubt that she murdered Travis. So, I don't believe they could object to that term. I believe what's at stake is the level of culpability, as far as what degree of murder the jury believes she committed?

Not true! Prosecution rebuttal case presented after defense rests. Defense likely to call 'battered woman expert', or experts, after JA redirect.

Before rebuttal, don't we get the rest of the defence's witnesses? Or am I wrong on this??

>>>newbie here! : )

Yes! Caught it on prosecution case and defense direct. If you remember in the prosecution case (early January), crime scene tech testified she saw similar 'braiding' (my word) around the pillows on TA's large chair.
    Exactly! They showed photos of the pillows on the chair in his bedroom.....and they also showed the funky, fuzzy flip flops that were on his bedroom carpet, asking if those types of fibers were consistent with the types found in the bathroom. Personally, I was wondering why they didn't do a forensic analysis of the ropes to compare the actual fibers of the different items found. But, I cracked up giggling when she identified that little loop as the rope that tied her hands. Just didn't seem to make any sense!

Quote Originally Posted by MNaghtenRulesOK View Post
    Before rebuttal, don't we get the rest of the defence's witnesses? Or am I wrong on this??

Yes. Nurmi get to redirect, as she is the defense's witness. Then they move on to any other witnesses that the defense wants to call. Then the prosecution gets to call rebuttal witnesses to refute the defense witnesses.

My guess is because there is no doubt that she murdered Travis. So, I don't believe they could object to that term. I believe what's at stake is the level of culpability, as far as what degree of murder the jury believes she committed?
    I agree! But in these proceedings, her current lawyers are claiming 'Self Defense'. Self defense is not murder on any level. But, if I understand you correctly, you may be saying that the defense is not objecting, in the hope of a lesser charge? Very long shot strategy (IMHO).

Thank you very much loonywop!!

Exactly! They showed photos of the pillows on the chair in his bedroom.....and they also showed the funky, fuzzy flip flops that were on his bedroom carpet, asking if those types of fibers were consistent with the types found in the bathroom. Personally, I was wondering why they didn't do a forensic analysis of the ropes to compare the actual fibers of the different items found. But, I cracked up giggling when she identified that little loop as the rope that tied her hands. Just didn't seem to make any sense!
    I know!! She (and her defense), and the 'rope', are the very definition of stretching the truth!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian 1 View Post
    The only reason the issue caught my attention is because of the great amount of attention Martinez focused on her position, (her head pointing to the north, etc.), after she allegedly went down from which she rolled to the left to get away from Travis clutches and then got to her feet and started her run down the hallway and into the closet.
    This was covered in the Vinnie Politan re-enactment. *IF* Travis was facing the direction she said he was facing and Travis performed an honest to goodness "body slam" where he picks her up, flips her over and drops her on the floor, then her head would have to be by Travis Alexander's feet and her feet away from him. The position she described would be consistant with him pushing her over and falling backwards. then her feet would be near Travis and her head far away. In other words, JM called bullshit on the bodyslam.

You are correct. There is a polygraph examiner and a family/marriage therapist (her face and body looks very similar to Ann Campbell ) who'll testify about battered woman syndrome and PTSD, and I think there's another forensic psychologist.

I don't think they have anyone with enough credentials to speak to Jodi's purported dissociative amnesia. This mental disorder is listed in the DSM-IV, and smacks of a de-facto insanity defense.

dimedropper
    Not true! Prosecution rebuttal case presented after defense rests. Defense likely to call 'battered woman expert', or experts, after JA redirect.
    yes true Nurmi redirects,calls more witnesses/experts,rests, then rebuttal ,then closing

A polygraph examiner? How is that admissible?
    I'll be [I]very[I] interested to hear what the forensic psychologist has to say.
    Hopefully Nurmi won't take forever with his redirect. *dreading it*

I agree! But in these proceedings, her current lawyers are claiming 'Self Defense'. Self defense is not murder on any level. But, if I understand you correctly, you may be saying that the defense is not objecting, in the hope of a lesser charge? Very long shot strategy (IMHO).
    I'm no lawyer, so I'm uncertain of the exact wording of the laws. As far as I understand, the prosecution is seeking a conviction on murder in the first degree....and the penalty of death. Her defense to the charges is that she murdered him, but it was in self defense. I believe it depends on the instructions to the jury in the state of Arizona, given by the judge as to whether or not they can also consider lesser charges such as second degree murder, etc. Or, I am not totally sure....maybe they can find her innocent, even if she admits to killing him, if the prosecution cannot convince the jury that it was first degree? I know the laws differ from state to state.

Al Jazeera has a story on Jodi!
    http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opi...155937564.html

( I've actually wondered what would of happened if some woman in a Mid-Eastern country tried to pull shit like Jodi's trying to pull )

A polygraph examiner? How is that admissible?
    I'll be [I]very[I] interested to hear what the forensic psychologist has to say.
    Hopefully Nurmi won't take forever with his redirect. *dreading it*
    Well, if his direct examination was any indication...... LOL

Well, if his direct examination was any indication...... LOL

LMAO! I know right!! :|

Thread Information