Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
They don't need them in England since every chav isn't carrying military grade hardware. And you know what else? They have to take people down. Why work when you can just shoot someone?

I remember this story was a big deal, and so many people were like "I no understand. How you do something with no gun?" http://travel.nytimes.com/2004/10/27...stab.html?_r=0

But yea, I don't like the idea of only cops having guns. I'm never gonna have one, but still, a completely unarmed populace isn't exactly a good idea either.

ETA: But HAHAHAHA@cops being accountable.
Maybe it's the conditioning in which we grow up with. When you were younger, guns werent on your mind, Im assuming. When I was younger, I can clearly remember my dads gun case that was decorative in nice wood and a glass cover. No locks at all. That wouldn be tolaerable now.
And I think it's terrible that we have people in law enforcement who are shady fucks and those bad cops are what makes it worse on the other cops that are actually out there for the good of humanity.
I can't blanket judge all police. I've ran into some asshole cops and also ran into some very kind ones. But, Im also white and live in an area where white people are the majority.