Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebecca Nalepa (32) - Girlfriend of Millionaire Found Naked and Dead at Spreckels Mansion

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    Kids climb, get their heads stuck in the oddest places, and their bones are very pliable. I don't think his death is suspicious at all. I think he was being a kid; curious, monkey, invincible, etc. I was like that as a child and had many runs to the ER. I was Wonder Woman.
    Yeah, but they don't usually die. idk, I mean, obviously it can happen, and it probably did. I guess we'll never know exactly what happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    Yeah, but they don't usually die. idk, I mean, obviously it can happen, and it probably did. I guess we'll never know exactly what happened.
    He fell down the stairs, right? And then was unconscious for a while, right? It sounds like maybe the kind of injury where he wasn't reached in time. Or, just, you know, a freak thing. I've fallen down the stairs.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    He fell down the stairs, right? And then was unconscious for a while, right? It sounds like maybe the kind of injury where he wasn't reached in time. Or, just, you know, a freak thing. I've fallen down the stairs.
    I know. I didn't mean to make it sound like I thought it was a conspiracy. I just think the whole thing is wtf.
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

He didn't fall down the stairs, he went over a railing at the top of the stairs. His scooter was found right by where he went over the railing, so there was the thought that he drove the scooter into the railing, and then went flying overtop of it from the impact.

Ann Rule's book didn't add much info IMO.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Don't forget about the fallen chandelier either in regards to his fall

Wait, go on with this fall haha I'm confused, how did the chandelier come into the picture?

Kid allegedly "flew over" bannister on upper landing (maybe while riding his scooter) possibly catching hold of a crystal chandelier (maybe in attempt to save himself) and chandelier's chain broke and the kid, Razr scooter and chandelier all fell down (3 or 4 floors). Chandelier chain oddly broke straight across - mom calls foul play.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

I can't believe that a kid had enough time to think to grab the chandelier while going over the edge?

Yeah, that is some Home Alone shit.

If Jonah has both psychological exams and autopsy reports or whatever, why didn't he share them with Dina?

One of those two killed her, imo. And kids are fucking crazy. Would not be surprised if he was like, bouncing his scooter on a soccer ball (like a pogo stick) then ate it and fell forward. Guess who's done that one before?
    I was born to hustle roses down the avenues of the dead.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54545&dateline=129369  0205

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I can't believe that a kid had enough time to think to grab the chandelier while going over the edge?
    It does seem a little weird, but I think it's possible that I might automatically react by trying to grab something without even thinking about it if I was falling. Either way, I don't think that necessarily points to murder either, I think purposely staging it with the broken chandelier would be a little dramatic and over the top as well, and probably not something that someone would think about if they were trying to stage a fall over the railing. Doesn't seem like something you would think of, plus I also think it would probably be kinda hard to do that...I mean, wouldn't you have to put yourself in a dangerous situation by leaning over to cut that off? and you'd have to have the right tool on hand to do that, as I imagine a pair of scissors isn't going to be strong enough to do the job.

Dina is hardly a saint herself:

In Arizona police reports obtained this week by ABC News Shacknai's ex-wife Dina Shacknai said she was "scared of what he is capable of doing to me physically … and the lengths he would go to try to 'destroy' me."

Shacknai denied the allegations, telling police Dina had filed "false and misleading reports."

September 2008 photos from Paradise Valley police show scratches on Dina Shacknai's back.

A 2008 report from Paradise Valley police in Arizona included pictures of injuries Dina Shacknai said she got from Jonah Shacknai's dog.

She told police she was attacked by her husband's German shepherd, just as she had been several times in the past. She gave police photos from 2006 showing cuts to her arms and knees, from incidents where Dina claimed the dog bit her because the dog is "very sensitive to changes in voice tone and body language and any tense exchange with Jonah may result in an attack response."

She told police, however, that Jonah didn't command the dog to attack her.

Shacknai said his wife came at him and tried to choke him, according to the documents.

In January 2009, Dina Shacknai accused her husband of elbowing her in the breast. Shacknai told police he was trying to "nudge" her out of his car because she had reached for the ignition and tried to grab the steering wheel as he attempted to drive away. He also claimed he had been assaulted "several times" by his wife.
    A passerby did notice a woman at the house that night and reported it to police following Zahau's death July 13. But that witness's description of the woman does not match that of Nina Romano, according to Zahau family attorney Anne Bremner.

In a series of emails and interviews with News 8, Bremner said the witness now believes the woman he saw was Nina's sister, Dina Shacknai.

"The witness sent me a picture of Dina and said it was Dina," according to Bremner, who said the witness was riding a bicycle by the home at approximately 10:20 p.m. on July 12.

"He was going by and saw somebody with a large, black bag trying to get in the front door and looking around and going to the back of the house," Bremner said. "She was 40 to 50 years, 5'5", 170 to 190 lbs., long dark hair; wearing a black and white striped short sleeve shirt," said Bremner.

"He is positive it (was) Dina and she was acting very suspiciously," Bremner wrote. "He has seen subsequent news reports that said Nina was out front and he said that's not the person he saw."

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15982091/e...mansion-deaths

I don't know how the hell Coronado PD keeps refusing to reopen the case. Oh wait, they're getting paid off. That's right. And it's better to lie and say he fell accidentally and she killer herself than to admit that maybe - just maybe - two people were killed. I hate Coronado.
    I was born to hustle roses down the avenues of the dead.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54545&dateline=129369  0205

Pic of the Chandelier:

*I don't understand dance*

*I don't understand dance*
    Me either!! And I thought the picture would make me see clearly now the rain is gone.

He would have had to catch an upwind or something, this is so weird. Are we sure he didn't just discover his X Man power with catastrophic results?

I would be swinging from that chandelier. I'd be getting a broom (or something else long) and poking it to get enough momentum until I could reach it, swing out on it, and try to go over the railing. I'd do it from the side and I'd do it from in front of it. Easy peasy, til you can't clear the railing.
    I think a six year old is capable of this, too. I was capable of a ton of crap at that age and did a ton of crap. I just didn't die. Looking back, I don't know how sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

On the Dr Phil show, they were talking about a mark on Max's back that matched with the bannister. The doctor on the show was saying it was consistent with Max being pushed up against the bannister backwards.

Zahau was gagged with a blue, long sleeve T-shirt wrapped around her head with the sleeves double knotted and stuffed into her mouth. There was also what appeared to be tape residue on her legs.[21]
    ??? Who gags themselves to commit suicide?!

So wait, he fell from the area above the chandeleir? How high was the fall? Because it doesnt look huge there really. And the bannisters look too high for a kid to easily fall over. Man I don't know, I'm doing the confused dance now because I felt more certain he could have just accidently fell BEFORE I saw that picture...

Wait...did he fall from that first little landing, or from the next level, higher up? If it was from the higher level, I can see how he might grab the chandelier.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    On the Dr Phil show, they were talking about a mark on Max's back that matched with the bannister. The doctor on the show was saying it was consistent with Max being pushed up against the bannister backwards.
    Could it have happened a bit earlier? Maybe he just backed up too quickly and ran into it. Or he was doing somersaults and rolled into it. Maybe it had nothing to do with his death. The Max Shacknai website said the kid was a born athlete. I'll bet he was constantly running and jumping and stuff.

What about the music and shouting heard coming from the house before Rebecca died? And then talk of her death being a ritualistic killing? This shit is too nuts. Maybe Rebecca and the brother were getting it on.

Quote Originally Posted by hamdinger125 View Post
    Wait...did he fall from that first little landing, or from the next level, higher up? If it was from the higher level, I can see how he might grab the chandelier.

Could it have happened a bit earlier? Maybe he just backed up too quickly and ran into it. Or he was doing somersaults and rolled into it. Maybe it had nothing to do with his death. The Max Shacknai website said the kid was a born athlete. I'll bet he was constantly running and jumping and stuff.
    I found this which kinda explains it. I still think it's odd that if it all happened that fast, that he had time to grab it.

^^^^^ That diagram makes perfect sense to me. He was headed straight for it, so he reached out for it.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Thread Information