Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Colby Bourg (21) died from natural causes on his birthday

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    Eh, people obviously hunt for fun. But like TFD, the majority of the people I grew up around hunted, and it's unheard of for them to not eat their kill. I seriously loled that Dana compared hunters with child molesters and mass murderers, though. And then I loled again at "devil worshipers."
    Oh, I wasn't contesting that is a sport and that people do it for the thrill associated. But yeah... they're not killing hundreds of animals just for the fun aspect. They're not killing hundreds of animals a year to begin with.

I don't even hunt
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFavoriteDaughter View Post
    Oh, I wasn't contesting that is a sport and that people do it for the thrill associated. But yeah... they're not killing hundreds of animals just for the fun aspect. They're not killing hundreds of animals a year to begin with.

I don't even hunt
    Oh, for sure. I don't hunt, either, although as a wee child I shot pheasants. And proceeded to eat them.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    It's not the Holocaust...it's to get people their steaks!
    Animals are killed, people are murdered. A rabbit cannot be murdered by definition.

I'm not gonna have this convo cause there's no way either of us are going to budge. So I will just wish you good day.
    I don't consider what KFC does to be slaughter, pain, and/or suffering and no amount of talking or screening of videos will convince me otherwise.
    lets keep the rabbits out of this...
    I don't sell crack, I'm a prostitute.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by okac View Post
    lets keep the rabbits out of this...
    Racist.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Orly?
    You combined two different ideas to make it fit your rant. When I said 100+, I wasn't referring to hunting. Hunting for fun =/= hunting for population control. Come on, again, you're twisting my words. And just because I used it as an example, doesn't mean those are my views.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post
    You combined two different ideas to make it fit your rant. When I said 100+, I wasn't referring to hunting. Hunting for fun =/= hunting for population control. Come on, again, you're twisting my words. And just because I used it as an example, doesn't mean those are my views.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...onation-Thread
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    Eh, people obviously hunt for fun. But like TFD, the majority of the people I grew up around hunted, and it's unheard of for them to not eat their kill. I seriously loled that Dana compared hunters with child molesters and mass murderers, though. And then I loled again at "devil worshipers."
    When did I compare hunters with child molesters? Oh wait, I didn't.

*waves at the people from veggieboards.com*

Since we're posted in your "Stupid Things Omnivores Say" (nice, by the way), I feel the need to make perfectly clear: I don't have a problem with vegans or vegetarians. I have a problem with you thinking you possess some moral high ground, because by virtue of you thinking that, you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post

Since we're posted in your "Stupid Things Omnivores Say" (nice, by the way), I feel the need to make perfectly clear: I don't have a problem with vegans or vegetarians. I have a problem with you thinking you possess some moral high ground, because by virtue of you thinking that, you don't.
    Considering how many times I've been ridiculed in this thread, I think it fits well. I've been called stupid a few times because people can't read. Plus numerous people have jumped to many conclusions and made rash and antagonizing comments when I said MANY times that they're my personal reasons and I don't expect people to share the same ones. It's my body, my choice. I've said the same about others: their body, their choice. I've received no respect, so yes, it fits in the thread. It's not about being morally superior, it's about me sticking to my beliefs and holding myself to my values. Again, you don't have to agree with them, but getting called stupid.... come on, lets be adults here.

I didn't see you called stupid. I don't think there was a lot of conclusion jumping, but there definitely was a lot of backpedaling on your part

Liv said back on topic, so RIP Colby and I'm out.

Angela has fucking skills. This is too fucking funny.

I do have a problem with Vegans though. Vegetarians and what not are a totally different story, but most vegans are judgmental and standoffish. Just cause you want to live on eating cardboard and pictures of food or whatever the fuck, don't act like everyone else is insane for eating what has been working for thousands of years cause of your new health kick.

I didn't see you called stupid. I don't think there was a lot of conclusion jumping, but there definitely was a lot of backpedaling on your part

Liv said back on topic, so RIP Colby and I'm out.
    One of the many insults thrown at me:

You. Are. An. Idiot. Seriously.
    You must have missed it... and the others.

Where did I backpedal? Go ahead, show me.

I do have a problem with Vegans though. Vegetarians and what not are a totally different story, but most vegans are judgmental and standoffish. Just cause you want to live on eating cardboard and pictures of food or whatever the fuck, don't act like everyone else is insane for eating what has been working for thousands of years cause of your new health kick.
    I posted that knowing someone here could see it. You know, public forum and all.

I'm not even a vegan. This thread pretty much shows the anti-opposing views and the lack of tolerance for them.

Vegans don't bother me. Not my bag but they don't bother me. Whenever someone comes over for dinner the first time, I ask about their diets and accommodate them. It's a pain, but not a big deal.

Shit, I was fucking around before, we had a vegan lentil soup for dinner tonight hahaha

9 users browsing this thread. Holy crap. Alright, if you want to continue, quote replies and move them over to the other thread.

Ok, so Im going to play devil's advocate here for a sec, people can feel free to yell at me if needed.

Anyways, I think when Dana was talking about 'hunting for fun', I think she was talking about the extreme hunters that are strictly for the thrill of killing, not specifically for food. Sadly I know a few assholes that do that and I do not approve. We are a hunting family and we do not waste the animal. I do think what she said was taken too far because of her initial posting on the moral rights of organ recipients.

She has her own ideas and from what I gathered, she is trying to say that she would rather her organs went to someone that she knew would appreciate them and she would also appreciate that they have morals and are genuinely good people who are contributors to society. She also said that she is an organ donor as well.

Im not trying to make this convo worse or anything, I do think it's possible that her wording wasnt appropriate for what she was trying to say. Remember, I am the queen of this because of my convo's about 'whoopin my kid's asses' and stuff.

Ron, I meant C Celebrity.

Oh and I will say to Dana, that you would never even know anyways who your organs went to. I don't even believe it to be fair that a moral compass is used to decipher who should be able to cntinue on living and who shouldnt. Very slippery slope and not a very good one to use.

Lines should be drawn in the sand and there should be no rules other than imo, a look at their past health issues and how they dealt with them. I think organs should be placed with people who are genuinely doing everything to live and are fighting for that chance and we have to leave that decision to their Dr's on whether they get to be on a transplant list or not.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    Still generous.

It's weird though, cause he's a (technically) a historical figure, not really a celebrity. I guess that's why it sounds strange to me. I hear celebrity, I think Tom Hanks, not Rodney King. I mean King's IMDB page must suck. It's gotta be all news shows, documentaries, and Celebrity Rehab. Ha.

ND started an awesome thread regarding organ/tissue donation. Bring your questions, concerns, opinions there I'm excited!

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...54#post3189254

I need to go to bed though, so I will try to catch up tomorrow.

THANKS ND!

Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    Ok, so Im going to play devil's advocate here for a sec, people can feel free to yell at me if needed.

Anyways, I think when Dana was talking about 'hunting for fun', I think she was talking about the extreme hunters that are strictly for the thrill of killing, not specifically for food. Sadly I know a few assholes that do that and I do not approve. We are a hunting family and we do not waste the animal. I do think what she said was taken too far because of her initial posting on the moral rights of organ recipients.

She has her own ideas and from what I gathered, she is trying to say that she would rather her organs went to someone that she knew would appreciate them and she would also appreciate that they have morals and are genuinely good people who are contributors to society. She also said that she is an organ donor as well.

Im not trying to make this convo worse or anything, I do think it's possible that her wording wasnt appropriate for what she was trying to say. Remember, I am the queen of this because of my convo's about 'whoopin my kid's asses' and stuff.

Thank You. Yes!

I'm actually not completely opposed to hunting, I would MUCH rather people do that than consume farm factory products. It's healthier too. When I think hunting for fun, I think canned hunting too. That came to mind when I wrote that too. And people who run down animals for fun. 2 dog were killed intentionally not too long ago, the family was devastated.

I'm sorry if my wording isn't right. I'm trying to make it clear that I don't expect people to share these views with me (which I've said many times). I don't like that people have attacked me off of assumptions, that really has happened numerous times. I even said I respectfully agree to disagree. It's not a big deal. I'm not sitting on this side of the computer saying "Man, these people are stupid! They are murderers who are evil and deserve to die!" Not at all. I'm a very compassionate person, but it burns me up inside hearing stories (I've heard SO many) of people getting a 2nd set of organs because they ruined theirs, then they do the same to the 2nd batch. If I give my organs away, I want to know that the people are contributing to society and helping build our future for the better.

Oops. I meant to post that over on the other thread. I'm there!

We live in a civilized society now. This isn't a hunting and gathering culture. If you have enough money to purchase expensive guns and hunting equipment and in many places pay for plots of land, then you have enough money to eat. Yes, even meat. Of course our hunting culture is about fun. Fuckers go hunt, take pictures, drink beers and enjoy themselves. Now in many areas it is needed and a cheaper way to control over population of wild game, but it takes a certain type of person to go hunting with some cool weapon and shoot an animal that has no chance. Real tough stuff. Now there are hunters that do it with bows and arrows and that levels the playing field a bit. The fact is, the majority of hunters enjoy it because they enjoy shooting animals dead. The meat and such, is simply an added bonus.
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

Yea, they usually fit a mold I don't get along well with - conservative hillbilly.

I'm not a fan of taxidermy, either. I went to a pub the other day and suddenly thought of Jim Carrey. "My, what a lovely room of death." I hate his "funny" movies. Taxidermy is creepy in itself, but it's creepier now that it reminds me of Jim Carrey movies. They did have good beers though and the prettiest bartender I'd ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Why not just be an adult and go forward with your life. You do know the reps aren't real money or anything right?

My first smite of the thread, I knew it was coming

"But you ARE stupid...and intolerant, and pretentious. You are the trifecta of asshole! Congrats!"

What are we, 5?

Obviously you're enjoying this.

Thread Information