Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Lauren Scruggs (23) survives walking into plane's propeller

I was reading about this on the dailymail.co.uk, the reader's comments, there were quite a few saying about how much you can't see the propeller when it's moving.

Just sayin'

ETA: Nothing about not hearing it though. Most also say passengers shouldn't be off the plan until it's stopped.

Totally only thought there were two pages to this thread, naymind.
    Last edited by FloobaToob; 12-10-2011 at 03:35 PM.

Lauren Scruggs Tragedy: Injured Model Has Left Eye Removed

http://abcnews.go.com/US/lauren-scru...9#.TurGm9qO7CY

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar
    Speaking strictly from a superficial standpoint, she could easily disguise her missing hand with a prosthetic one. They have made a lot of advances in prosthesis. Now her face is another story. I have a huge scar on my face and I can't tell you how painful it was growing up with people calling you scar face and ugly. There is no amount of makeup that can hide a scar completely depending on how severe it is and this sounds like it is. I'm just hoping she has some good support around her, people suck.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic8247_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by emmy_dreamy View Post
    Speaking strictly from a superficial standpoint, she could easily disguise her missing hand with a prosthetic one. They have made a lot of advances in prosthesis. Now her face is another story. I have a huge scar on my face and I can't tell you how painful it was growing up with people calling you scar face and ugly. There is no amount of makeup that can hide a scar completely depending on how severe it is and this sounds like it is. I'm just hoping she has some good support around her, people suck.
    Kids are mean. I tell my son regularly that nothing would ever disappoint me more than finding out that he's a bully. He's 3. Lemme find out he's making fun of another kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Peavey View Post
    Kids are mean. I tell my son regularly that nothing would ever disappoint me more than finding out that he's a bully. He's 3. Lemme find out he's making fun of another kid.
    I always knew you were a good Mom!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by Peavey View Post
    Stop bullying him about being a bully.

Quote Originally Posted by HyperU2 View Post
    Lauren Scruggs Tragedy: Injured Model Has Left Eye Removed

http://abcnews.go.com/US/lauren-scru...9#.TurGm9qO7CY

GAH!!! just kill me. I could not live. thats just me.

I dont know why this thread is 7 pages long.. but.. here's my story:

when my brother was 7, he got tangled up in barbed wire in puerto rico at 1135pm on new years eve. needless to say, he saw no medical attention until the next day. he grew up with a huge scar which extends from the corner of his eye, along his nose, to under his cheek.
    I think that his personality covered it up better than any makeup could. I kid you not, people hardly notice it because of the way he carries himself. He even has headshots to go into show business. It doesnt stop his at all. I think one kid gave him some shit about it on the school bus once when he was 10, but other than that, i never heard him have any issues. He never had any problems getting a date.
    I think its the way you carry yourself. you make a big deal of it, people "see" it more, but if you just are comfortable with yourself overall, then its more of something that is in the background.

now, losing an eye, thats something i couldnt come back from . *shivers

Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post

when my brother was 7, he got tangled up in barbed wire in puerto rico at 1135pm on new years eve. needless to say, he saw no medical attention until the next day. he grew up with a huge scar which extends from the corner of his eye, along his nose, to under his cheek.
    I think that his personality covered it up better than any makeup could. I kid you not, people hardly notice it because of the way he carries himself. He even has headshots to go into show business. It doesnt stop his at all. I think one kid gave him some shit about it on the school bus once when he was 10, but other than that, i never heard him have any issues. He never had any problems getting a date.
    I think its the way you carry yourself. you make a big deal of it, people "see" it more, but if you just are comfortable with yourself overall, then its more of something that is in the background.

Is your brother single? He sounds like fun. I agree with you that if you make it a big deal, it will be a big deal. I think scars give a person character. I know it's some kind of cliche, but I really believe it. Some people are just, "yeah this happened to me, but so what," and get on with their lives.
    Does your bother make up stories about how he received his scar? I love it when people do this.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    Is your brother single? He sounds like fun. I agree with you that if you make it a big deal, it will be a big deal. I think scars give a person character. I know it's some kind of cliche, but I really believe it. Some people are just, "yeah this happened to me, but so what," and get on with their lives.
    Does your bother make up stories about how he received his scar? I love it when people do this.
    when he went back to school, he still looked pretty beat up in the face. he had a black eye and everything. (what happened what that he was running around in the dark outside in my grandparents property in puerto rico - he hit a post and flipped into the barbed wire, then an elderly aunt, not seeing what he was tangled in, picked him up, tearing him up further).
    So he said (he came up with it himself) "i got into a fight with bob!" - "bob who?" - "bobbed wire" - thats how he said it has a kid.

Speaking of bullies, my little shit son just said to me, "If you don't do what I want, I'm gonna call you '_ _ _ _ the Dinosaur', just like your bully did". Little fucker.

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar

I don't agree. I had 28 stitches in my chin when I was two. I never knew there was anything wrong with my face until I started getting picked on for it. Even with getting picked on, my scar didn't bother me half as much as it apparently bothered other people. Between strangers asking me what happened to my face and the bullies calling me names, it's not like I could just pretend I wasn't different. I've never seen my face without my scar so I don't know if It's ugly or not. It's just me. Just my opinion though. I'm glad your brother handled his the way he did.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic8247_1.gif

I think it's easier for guys. Scars on a guy are a war wound. On a woman, they're lowering our worth.

They can be a war wound on a woman, explaining you walked into a spinning propeller might lower your worth.

I don't agree. I had 28 stitches in my chin when I was two. I never knew there was anything wrong with my face until I started getting picked on for it. Even with getting picked on, my scar didn't bother me half as much as it apparently bothered other people. Between strangers asking me what happened to my face and the bullies calling me names, it's not like I could just pretend I wasn't different. I've never seen my face without my scar so I don't know if It's ugly or not. It's just me. Just my opinion though. I'm glad your brother handled his the way he did.

jeez, sorry about your experience, maybe you went to school with assholes. I teach a girl with a scar across her mouth, from just above her lip under her nose to just under her lips, it messes up the continuity of her lips. I never hear anyone say anything about it. She's one of the more "popular" kids in her grade. (10th)

I cant see what bowie said about "lowering a girl's worth".. its unfair.
    my bro's scar is in the middle of his face, its pretty insane how people seem to just see past it.

when he went back to school, he still looked pretty beat up in the face. he had a black eye and everything. (what happened what that he was running around in the dark outside in my grandparents property in puerto rico - he hit a post and flipped into the barbed wire, then an elderly aunt, not seeing what he was tangled in, picked him up, tearing him up further).
    So he said (he came up with it himself) "i got into a fight with bob!" - "bob who?" - "bobbed wire" - thats how he said it has a kid.
    That is hilarious! And so cute that he came up with it as a kid.

Kids can be assholes. Maybe I'm weird, but I like people with scars. I always have, even as a child. I'm not glad that anyone has had to suffer an injury or surgery, but I think people with scars are more compassionate towards others and tough. Tough because you have been through something, what ever that something may be. I don't know if that makes sense, but I did admit to being weird.

I cant see what bowie said about "lowering a girl's worth".. its unfair.
    She's not saying that it's fair, she's saying that that's how our society thinks, and she's right.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

Quote Originally Posted by zeebee View Post
    She's not saying that it's fair, she's saying that that's how our society thinks, and she's right.
    Yes, exactly. There are an awful lot of movies where women don't seem to notice the male lead is a troll but not a lot where a man falls for an 'unattractive' or marred woman, and if there is, the entire movie is like OH MY GOD HE FELL IN LOVE WITH A FUG, HE'S PROBABLY BEWITCHED OR THE BIGGEST HERO EVER.
    Last edited by bowieluva; 01-02-2012 at 09:18 AM.

Yea. I doubt a chick with a cleft palate will ever make it as an actress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Why not just be an adult and go forward with your life. You do know the reps aren't real money or anything right?

so this made me wonder if the guy that was burned in the war, and on a soap opera - and then on dancing with the stars, would have done the same if he was a she.

thinking about it saddens me inside because I hate how superficial people can be on bullshit - like i understand not being attracted to certain features to spend the rest of your life with someone - but when it comes to just interacting with someone, the only thing i judge someone on is how they smell.

Still waiting for the picture.

Aussie!

Out in public: Lauren Scruggs was pictured with her parents leaving a hospital in Dallas on Tuesday

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-accident.html

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    That's it!?!?! I've fucked worse than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    That's it!?!?! I've fucked worse than that.
    She' does look pretty amazing for someone who walked into a propeller

Now she is the type of chick that you see at the bar from the side, then make your subtle approach. You spit out your line to this hottie, then she swings around only to reveal that she's missing hands and eyes and shit. Then you're like "Oh....I....thought you were somebody else...sorry..." Then quickly walk away.
    I wear caps with flat brims and sunglasses with white frames. I...DROOL...

Thread Information