Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Elizabeth Schalchlin's (13) throat was slashed by Joshua Tucker (16)

Re: Elizabeth Schalchlin's (13) throat was slashed by Joshua Tucker (16)

I'm gonna go with mental illness since I don't believe in Satan.

the color nine

[quote author=Penguinlette link=topic=11792.msg712773#msg712773 date=1201647929]
    On the contrary, I've often talked about wondering what it would be like and so on, but never would I even once consider doing it. His mom thinks the whole thing was done because he was possessed.

Even when Josh came to my school, he had already had a record. She thinks he got all this Satanism stuff from when he was in Juvy. I remember on severall accounts talking to him about Satanism, Possession and things like that.

[/quote]
    Is that why mom basically threw him away, she thought he was possessed?  Do you know where his dad is?

I truly hope Josh Tucker gets the death penalty.

And Donald is just as guilty... let them both rot in hell.

wow this story is unfolding in a very interesting way.
    I really hope he doesn't get to use the whole temporary insanity crap.

[quote author=Penguinlette link=topic=11792.msg712773#msg712773 date=1201647929]
    On the contrary, I've often talked about wondering what it would be like and so on, but never would I even once consider doing it. His mom thinks the whole thing was done because he was possessed.

Even when Josh came to my school, he had already had a record. She thinks he got all this Satanism stuff from when he was in Juvy. I remember on severall accounts talking to him about Satanism, Possession and things like that.

By the way here's the picture I had promised. It's a terrible picture, but it's him alright.

I'll still be looking...

Josh is second from the left:

[/quote]

With thinking like that no wonder A. He didn't live at home B. he himslf thought he was possed by Satan. What a fucked thing to tell your kid.

[quote author=Ruski link=topic=11792.msg713014#msg713014 date=1201658988]
    I truly hope Josh Tucker gets the death penalty.

And Donald is just as guilty... let them both rot in hell.
    [/quote]

You're going to be sorely disappointed... they won't sentence a 16 year old to death.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/article.php?scid=27&did=203

born to be down

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=11792.msg712964#msg712964 date=1201656539]
    Is that why mom basically threw him away, she thought he was possessed?  Do you know where his dad is?

[/quote]

No clue... sorry.

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/901/story/85315.html

The murder trial for a teen accused of stabbing a Benton City mother and daughter has been delayed a month.
    Joshua Tucker, 16, agreed to continue his trial to March 17.

Donalds hearing should be this week sometime...

The media is trying to get hold of the 911 tapes, but the judge says not yet at least...
    so we'll get to hear that sometime, probably after the hearing.
    http://www.keprtv.com/news/local/15420856.html
    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Why is it saying that these boys are still logging onto their MySpaces ?

[quote author=KillerBeautyQueen link=topic=11792.msg726700#msg726700 date=1202809567]
    Why is it saying that these boys are still logging onto their MySpaces ?
    [/quote]

Its someone else logging in...

and what is Steve's myspace, someone mentioned it, but I never saw it posted...(he is elizabeths older brother)
    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

the color nine

[quote author=brie star link=topic=11792.msg726702#msg726702 date=1202809922]
    Its someone else logging in...

and what is Steve's myspace, someone mentioned it, but I never saw it posted...(he is elizabeths older brother)
    [/quote]

Here is Steven's myspace.
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid =184899323

[quote author=Morbid Curiosity link=topic=11792.msg690276#msg690276 date=1199993028]
    Could be. What does everyone else think? The Josh we have up is DEFINITELY the wrong one.
    [/quote]
    I think this is the correct Josh, I noticed that the other Josh has a pic on a school bus and it says the name Josh Levi above his head???
    I am "me" and if you dont like it....FUCK OFF!!!

http://www.keprtv.com/news/local/16479616.html

Donald Schalchlin Charged with Murdering His Mother

KENNEWICK -- At first he was off the hook, but now a son is charged with his mother's murder.

Donald Schalchlin was only expected to face charges for helping to cover up the brutal murder of his mom and sister near Benton City.

Prosecutors had charged the 15-year-old with rendering criminal assistance.

But Monday, court papers report Schalchlin not only helped out, they state he murdered his mother Ellen "Lori" Schalchlin.

Benton County prosecutors are now charging him with first degree murder.

Lori was stabbed to death, along with her 13-year-old daughter Elizabeth, just days before Christmas.

Donald has been tried as a juvenile so far, but the new charges mean he'll likely be charged as an adult.

Attorneys said his juvenile charges are still pending.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Bit more news coming out about Donald being charged (as Puzzld updated):

Schalchlin's Brother: "He's Not a Victim and Wasn't From the Beginning."

Story Published: Mar 11, 2008 at 7:24 PM PDT
    By Chelsea Kopta

KENNEWICK -- He said he always knew his brother did it.

Donald Schalchlin's stepbrother spoke out Tuesday after hearing Donald Schalchlin was charged with murdering their mother.

Steven already buried his mom and sister, Lori and Elizabeth Schalchlin, and watched Donald go behind bars, accused of covering up their murders.

But on Monday, prosecutors upped the ante.

They now allege 15-year-old Donald not only helped cover up the crimes, they said he murdered his mom.

They're accusations Donald's oldest brother claims he knew all along.

Donald's older brother Steven asked that Action News not reveal his identity or his full name.

"It's about time," Steven said.

Months after the murders on Ruppert Road, a new twist in the case.

Two teens, once behind bars for different crimes related to the case, now share a crime that binds them: first degree murder.

"I knew it from the beginning and I told everyone from the beginning, even though everyone told me he was the victim," Steven said. "I didn't want to believe it but I knew it was true."

The twist came in a video tape just a few days ago.

Prosecutors said Josh Tucker, the accused partner-in-crime, told detectives on tape that he and Donald planned the attack on Ellen "Lori" Schalchlin.

Tucker's attorney was present for his statement with detectives.

Court documents state Tucker was already started stabbing Lori when the knife broke.

That's when Tucker told Donald he needed another knife.

The the court papers state "Schalchlin then gave him the knife that was then used by Tucker to finish killing Ellen Schalchlin."

"I knew it from the beginning so it's not as big of a hit to as it might be to some people," Steven said. "I don't understand why Josh is now coming forward with his statement but whatever is, we'll find out."

Prosecutors said, for legal reasons, they cannot reveal why Tucker is now coming forward with accusations.

But for Steven, the charges no longer matter.

"He's not a victim and he wasn't from the beginning and he never should've been thought of as a victim," he said. "He did what he did and it's not as simple as saying 'you know, I'm the victim here and I'm going to get off with it.' That's not how it works."

Schalchlin's attorney Laurie Magan just found about the new charges Monday.

She told Action News she did not want to make a statement because she said "It's all so new."

Magan did say she still plans to represent Donald.

Schalchlin's bail has now been raised to a $250,000.

It means he will stay locked up in the Juvenile Justice Center until another hearing set March 24.

That hearing will decide if he'll be charged as an adult.

http://www.keprtv.com/news/16584176.html

There is quite a lot of stuff written about this case at the above link.

Everything I have read so far suggests that the whole family situation was like a powder keg waiting to explode.

I can't understand why his mother let Josh stay, especially when Donald was in so much trouble prior to the murders? :?

I would expect Donald's defence to be something along the lines of he was too scared not to hand over the knife to Joshua.

Hmmmm, let the plea bargaining begin!  :roll:

Teen gets 41 years in Benton City slayings
    By Paula Horton, Herald staff writer
    Joshua Tucker
    Herald/Molly Van Wagner

Joshua Tucker, right, sits with his lawyer, Dan Arnold, at Benton County Superior Court in Kennewick on Friday. Tucker, 16, plead guilty to killing a Benton City woman and her 13-year-old daughter. He was sentenced to nearly 41 years in prison.

Joshua Tucker will be at least 56 before he gets out of prison after a judge sentenced him to nearly 41 years behind bars Friday for the "vicious" deaths of his friend's mother and sister in December.

The 16-year-old pleaded guilty in Benton County Superior Court to two counts of first-degree murder. Tucker admitted to killing Ellen "Lori" Schalchlin, 41, and Elizabeth Schalchlin, 13, and agreed to testify against Donald Schalchlin, who he said was an accomplice to the Dec. 19 slayings.

Prosecutor Andy Miller said because Tucker agreed to plead guilty and testify truthfully he was recommending the minimum sentence of 40 years and 10 months. The deal cut about 18 years off the time Tucker likely would have received.

Click here to find out more!
    "I recognize it's tragic for you to be before the court," Judge Carrie Runge told Tucker. "It's hard for the court to imagine someone doing 40 years of time. I can't fathom that.

"But then I look on the flip side and I can't fathom how someone in your position could kill (Elizabeth and Lori). ... It sounds like not only was this horrible and tragic, but the deaths were vicious as well."

In his written statement, Tucker said he and Donald Schalchlin were talking and "we decided to kill Elizabeth Schalchlin and Donald handed me a knife. I took the knife from Donald knowing I was going to use it to stab and kill Elizabeth. I then stabbed her, causing her to die."

He also wrote that they decided to kill Lori Schalchlin and that he "hit her with a knife intending to kill her. She struggled and called 911. The knife I was using broke. Donald gave me another knife which I used to continue stabbing her until I thought she was dead."

His attorney, Dan Arnold, said Tucker had a difficult childhood and the murders would not have happened if Tucker was taking prescription medication like he should have been.

"There are many tragedies that have gone on," Arnold said. "I feel guilty asking for 40 years for a 16-year-old ... but I also cannot deny these were horrible acts. The fact that Don was involved ... makes it worse."

Miller said even if Tucker had a sad life, the irony was he hurt the two people who gave him kindness and an opportunity.

"The reward for extending a hand to a troubled youth was to be stabbed 30, 40, 50, 60, 90 times," the prosecutor said. "He needs to be held accountable for the horrible wrongs his did."

Lori Schalchlin's sister, Jolie Estes of Gig Harbor, told Judge Runge that she was in court speaking for all her relatives who couldn't be there. Lori would have turned 42 today. Elizabeth's 14th birthday is a month away.

"I can't begin to tell you how much we have lost," Estes said. "We support this plea agreement because we want justice for Lori and justice for Elizabeth. ...

"I don't want revenge, but if they could cold-heartedly kill a 13-year-old innocent girl and a 41-year-old who willingly opened her heart and her home to Mr. Tucker, the whole community needs to be protected from them."

Lori Schalchlin's father and mother wrote letters to the court. Otis Estes said Tucker should get the maximum time behind bars because he's a "clear and present danger to himself and to all who come near him."

"I can only think of him in the same sense that I would of a mad dog," he wrote. "He has neither the intelligence nor the emotional control to be allowed in human company."

Tucker's mother, who was not in court, told the Herald that she was "kind of bummed" to hear her son pleaded guilty but she said Tucker didn't want Donald Schalchlin to walk away without punishment.

Shannon Harrington, a 42-year-old paraplegic who's in a Seattle nursing home, said she still believes her son was possessed by the devil through a Ouija board.

"What I think happened, nobody believes can happen. Even his lawyer didn't believe he could be possessed," she said. "I like his lawyer, but I don't know how you can defend somebody when you don't believe him.

"I still don't see Joshua doing that," she added. "I know he admitted it, but I still believe he was being possessed to do what he did."

Donald Schalchlin, 15, was charged Monday with first-degree murder in his mother's death.

Tucker gave a videotaped statement last week admitting to the murder and implicating Donald Schalchlin as an accomplice. On Friday, Tucker also waived attorney client privilege so Arnold could be asked to provide information during Schalchlin's trial.

Schalchlin had been accused of helping to hide his sister's death from his mother, then driving Tucker away from their Ruppert Road home just as deputies arrived, court documents said.

Miller said Tucker's statements were corroborated by police reports and evidence in the case. He gave examples of some instances where Tucker's statements contradicted what Donald Schalchlin has previously said, but were backed up by evidence.

Donald Schalchlin had said he called 911 but was threatened by Tucker so he hung up. But Miller said someone could be heard saying "Help me, Help me," on the 911 tape, which matches what Tucker said he heard Lori Schalchlin saying.

Donald Schalchlin also told detectives he was under duress, but Miller said no knives were found in the truck that the teens were in when deputies arrived. Schalchlin "did not run from the scene to get help from neighbors. He went with (Tucker) in the truck."

Tucker also said Elizabeth Schalchlin had been drinking with the boys before she was killed, and that was corroborated by toxicology results that showed she had a blood alcohol level of 0.03, Miller said.

Donald Schalchlin will have a hearing in juvenile court on March 24 to determine if he'll be tried as an adult. His attorney, Sal Mendoza, said he will be "very strongly arguing" that the case stay in juvenile court because Schalchlin is only 15.

Mendoza, who was in Superior Court for Tucker hearing, also said he thinks the comments made by the prosecutor were intended to "legitimize future prosecution" of his client.

"I don't doubt the state's belief in their case, but that belief, in large part, is based upon Mr. Tucker's self-serving comments," Mendoza said. "So we would expect those who are viewing this to again hold off judgment until the entire evidence is presented and Don's side is heard."
    http://www.tri-cityherald.com/901/story/118380.html

His attorney, Dan Arnold, said Tucker had a difficult childhood and the murders would not have happened if Tucker was taking prescription medication like he should have been.

================================================== ================

I'm so sick of lawyers always trying to use this as a defense! 

Have fun boys in the pen...........you little evil mother fuckers! 

the color nine

Schalchin Hearing Postponed Until May

Posted: March 24, 2008 08:17 PM

Updated: March 25, 2008 11:47 AM
    Video Now
    Schalchin Hearing Postponed Until May

KENNEWICK, Wash.--15-year-old Donald Schalchlin appeared in juvenile court on Monday.

Schalchlin has a new attorney since his charge of first degree murder.

The hearing to decide whether Schalchlin will be tried as a juvenile or adult is set for Tuesday, May 27th.

Also, someone changed his myspace to read
    murderer Of My Family
    "I am a MURDERER, Not A VICTIM"
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid =108646086

I wish it wasn't private!

[quote author=Elegantly_wasted link=topic=11792.msg777844#msg777844 date=1206208206]

================================================== ================

I'm so sick of lawyers always trying to use this as a defense! 

Have fun boys in the pen...........you little evil mother fuckers! 
    [/quote]

Ah, haven't you heard?  We now live in a society in which no one is reponsible for their own actions anymore!  It was your parents fault, the medication (or lack of it), McDonald's fault you are fat, Heavy metal music caused you to shoot up your school, etc, etc.

So of course there is an excuse.  Why won't someone just say, "yeah I am a shitty person and deserve to go to prison and then hell for what I did" once in a while.  That would be refreshing.

This was the first Ouija Board defense that I'd heard of though

I don't know if this will ever be read by any of you who were following up on it but let me tell you something about Josh. He was crazy. Josh has been crazy for years and years. I am 21 but when I was about 17 I lived with him for a few weeks. He was in foster care and stayed in the same foster home that I did. JOsh has been insane as long as I have known him and he will be his whole life. What he did was heartless and terrible and yet he laughs about it. he thinks he was funny. He wasn't shipped off to prison like he should have been he was shipped to a place where teenage boys are taught how to act right. He got the easy way believe me. Where they sent him was nothing compared to what he deserves. I don't know the woman or young girl he murdered but I know that they did not deserve to suffer the way he made them suffer. Many people were heartbroken by what he did so please don't laugh or make light of it. My foster mother and I were talking about him a few weeks ago and we both agreed it was all in due time before he snapped. That boy was insane and no I do not use that word lightly.

May his victims RIP. Goodbye Lori and Elizabeth. May you dance with the angels in your heavenly home!

You can rest assured that he'll be off to a real prison by 18, or at least by 21.
    Choices are for one and all; all we are are leaves that fall. That's all.

[quote author=jacosaurus link=topic=11792.msg916799#msg916799 date=1215164168]
    I don't know if this will ever be read by any of you who were following up on it but let me tell you something about Josh. He was crazy. Josh has been crazy for years and years. I am 21 but when I was about 17 I lived with him for a few weeks. He was in foster care and stayed in the same foster home that I did. JOsh has been insane as long as I have known him and he will be his whole life. What he did was heartless and terrible and yet he laughs about it. he thinks he was funny. He wasn't shipped off to prison like he should have been he was shipped to a place where teenage boys are taught how to act right. He got the easy way believe me. Where they sent him was nothing compared to what he deserves. I don't know the woman or young girl he murdered but I know that they did not deserve to suffer the way he made them suffer. Many people were heartbroken by what he did so please don't laugh or make light of it. My foster mother and I were talking about him a few weeks ago and we both agreed it was all in due time before he snapped. That boy was insane and no I do not use that word lightly.

May his victims RIP. Goodbye Lori and Elizabeth. May you dance with the angels in your heavenly home!
    [/quote]

Was he in foster care his whole life?

Reactive detatchment disorder?

[quote author=jacosaurus link=topic=11792.msg916799#msg916799 date=1215164168]

[/quote]

WOW! From the looks of his pic, I assumed he was alittle on the crazy side but yeah ... his attroney's will most likey enter an insanity plea meaning he'll the easy way out again. Trust me, the state-run institues are far better than prision.

Trust me, the state-run institues are far better than prision.
    I'm sure that differs by location.
    Choices are for one and all; all we are are leaves that fall. That's all.

pretty hate machine butterflykim's Avatar

DAMN! this story is so messed up. i can't believe how terrible it is...and on so many different levels.
    One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Thread Information