Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
I miss edit. I really miss it.
take two:

Hilary was qualified but vilified. Add in her husband's acts and you have a reason people didn't care to vote for her but at the same time they felt okay voting for her because they wrongly assumed enough would vote for her so their vote wouldn't be missed.
So many progressives are willing to let "perfect" be the enemy of "good." They won't vote for Hill. because OMG Obama, and it worked out for them that time. Then, don't vote for Hil because, Bernie! and that screwed us all over. Even before that, don't vote for Gore, cause Ralph Nadar is on their radar. And of course, as you say Hil had been vilified since before Bill even walked in the door. I was worried about Trump when he first announced and my lefty friends all told me I was nuts, but, well here we are. I'm not so worried about him winning this time, just afraid he'll burn everything down on his way to hell. I've honestly never wished death on a politician, but I do think it would be convenient if a lighting bolt could hit in just the right spot, or maybe someone could choke on a pretzel or fall out a window.