Quote Originally Posted by GlassHat View Post
You're right, we lose sight of how dangerous they are. Seriously, dude, owning a gun is literally a way of life for most people in these parts. It's not just here in the South, though. The right wingers hang on to their guns acquire as many as possible. When it gets down to a reason I'm not sure even they know why. "Just cuz" would be my guess.

The "you can kill someone with anything" is a ridiculous argument, imo. If that were the case I'd have a fucking squirt gun and drown the intruder with the water from it. So, yeah, you get no argument from me on that one.

Taxes.. I get the need for taxes. I am totally fine with taxing them to aid in the costs of everything gun related, but to suggest it is taxed to the point of a $500 gun costing $2,000 is bullshit. We have to get to the root of the problem. The root of the problem is the hands these guns are easily landing in. Psych evals, criminal record search, history of mental illness, etc. Those are the things I think will help reduce gun related crime.
That's a good start, but I'm guessing that when 16-year old Crips get their hands on a gun there wasn't a psych eval involved. And this is what I mean, you start asking about that, and the NRA folks throw their hands in the air and say "well we can't do anything about that, so you should arm yourself!"

I hate that shit.

ETA: Yea, I don't get why 1 gun isn't enough for protection.