[QUOTE=animosity;3253278]being baptized for the dead seems so strange to me! i'm not saying anything about you - just that the concept is mind boggling to me.

i was baptized catholic, went to a catholic school for a minute and did church, catechism and communion. that's where i fell off. i never had any connection to the girls in my school or other people from my church. none of it ever made sense to me so when i grew up i just decided to believe that when i die i will either cease to exist or make it into some kind of happy place.

i've never had any fear of this 'hell' thing because, honestly... i'm not an ass hole. i have a good 'soul'. i am very confident in that and i don't feel the need to believe in a deity, worship him or her and tell people about it to ensure my fate. any god who doesn't think i'm good enough for salvation because i didn't say the right word is a dick.[/QUOTE]

This is the problem I have with JW. They believe they are God's chosen people and everyone else will not make the "new system". I've had arguments with them over the teachings and I'm called apostate. Whatever. My question is why would someone like Mother Teresa NOT make it to the "new system" and a JW who has done NOTHING for the world will??? I got the evil eye and no answers. I've found so many inconsistencies when I started looking that my head was spinning.