Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Helen Prince (33) arrested after her 3 year-old wandered NY streets alone.

Helen Prince (33) arrested after her 3 year-old wandered NY streets alone.

This story is heart breaking. 

[size=14pt]
    Police investigate 'horrific' child abuse case
    [/size]
    Police: Three-year-old girl had broken bones, abuse-related injuries
    By Don Lehman
    dlehman@poststar.com
    Tuesday, July 22, 2008 11:23 AM EDT

QUEENSBURY — The discovery of a badly injured, partially clothed toddler wandering in traffic on Route 9 on Saturday has led to the arrest of the girl's mother and a 15-year-old boy in what police called a "horrific" child abuse case.

The 3-year-old girl was in foster care Monday, after spending parts of two days in Glens Falls Hospital for treatment of a broken arm, a broken collarbone, numerous bruises and bites and severe injuries from sexual abuse.

An investigation Saturday led to the arrest of the girl's mother, Helen M. Prince, 33, a South Carolina resident who had been staying recently at the Budget Inn on Route 9, and Prince's boyfriend's 15-year-old son.

The 15-year-old was charged with felony counts of assault, reckless endangerment and aggravated sexual abuse that accuse him of causing the child's injuries. Warren County Sheriff's Lt. C. Shawn Lamouree said the teen abused the girl at the motel in Queensbury.

Prince faces misdemeanor counts of endangering the welfare of a child and reckless endangerment for allegedly failing to safeguard the child. The reckless endangerment charge accuses her of not seeking prompt medical care despite the girl's obvious injuries, which included two black eyes, facial cuts and bruises and injuries to her genitalia.

The 15-year-old was charged as a juvenile offender because of his age. Those younger than 16 are generally charged as juvenile offenders in New York, but there are designated serious felonies -- including first-degree rape -- for which a person younger than 16 can be prosecuted as an adult.

Warren County District Attorney Kate Hogan said her office and the Sheriff's Office were trying to determine whether the teen could be prosecuted as an adult.

Prince was being held in Warren County Jail for lack of bail, while the 15-year-old was sent to a juvenile detention center in Canaan, southeast of Albany.

Police began investigating the case at about 11:15 a.m. Saturday after getting calls about the 3-year-old crossing Route 9 near Outback Steakhouse by herself, clad in only a diaper and T-shirt. Two motorists who stopped and removed the girl from the road called police, who discovered the girl's numerous injuries.

Prince said she had left the girl unattended for a few minutes in the Budget Inn, where the group had been staying, and was looking for her when she spotted police with the girl across the road at the Red Roof Inn. The family had been staying at the Red Roof Inn before taking a room at the other motel, police said.

Both Prince and the 15-year-old appeared in Warren County Family Court on Monday -- Prince to answer child neglect accusations as the Warren County Department of Social Services sought to remove the child from her custody, and the teen for a detention hearing.

Family Court Judge J. Timothy Breen ordered that the girl remain in foster care.

Prince had no obvious reaction, but some of the social services caseworkers and lawyers in court appeared near tears as Breen read the extensive list of the child's injuries. Breen also said Prince had admitted to police she had recently been giving the girl "large amounts of Benadryl for no apparent medical reason."

The judge said records showed the 15-year-old's 12-year-old brother -- who also was at the motel with Prince in recent weeks -- admitted sexually abusing the girl as well.

Lamouree said those allegations are under investigation, but it appears that abuse happened in South Carolina.

In a five-page written statement filed in Queensbury Town Court, Prince told police she came to the area in early July as she and her fiance sought to move closer to his children in Vermont.

The fiance, whose name was not released and who is not the biological father of the 3-year-old, stayed in South Carolina while Prince sought a permanent home for them, according to court records.

Prince had been working at Scotty's Truck Stop in Wilton since July 14 and had been leaving the 3-year-old in the care of the 15-year-old and 12-year-old while she worked, officials said.

She told sheriff's Investigator Doug David that she noticed the girl had been injured in recent days, but said the 15-year-old told her the toddler had fallen and hit her face on a tub. Prince said she believed redness to the toddler's eyes was a reaction to chlorine from the pool.

"He told me that when she was in the bathroom trying to get out of her bathing suit, she fell," Prince is quoted as saying.

Prince told police she left the room for "not even five minutes" Saturday to check on a package that was supposed to be sent to her when the girl got out of the room. The boys were eating hot dogs on a bed and watching TV, she is quoted as saying.

Neither Prince nor the 15-year-old would discuss the case as they left Family Court on Monday. Prince's boyfriend, the father of the 15-year-old, was in court and said he believed his son was illegally questioned by police but said he had no further comment on the advice of his family's lawyer, Rita Young.

Young also would not discuss the case.

Lamouree said sheriff's officers were particularly struck by the fact that Prince didn't once ask them about the girl's condition while she was being questioned Saturday by investigators.

He said the girl is expected to recover from her physical injuries.

"We're hoping she's young enough that she won't have many memories of this," he said.

http://www.poststar.com/articles/2008/07/22/news/local/13758907.txt

Helen's myspace:  http://www.myspace.com/tigger8fan

The 3 year-old's dad's  myspace:  http://www.myspace.com/shortie11136 

The comments to the story posted here http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/breaking_news/story/528754.html are unreal.  The entire family comes out the woodwork.  There are allegations of sexual abuse, drug abuse, and incest galore.   :2eyesbleed:

Re: 3 year-old found wandering the streets of NY alone.

holy crap!  This is so messsed up...its gotta make u wonder what went on in the younger boys life to make them like this....

[quote author=chavonv link=topic=15327.msg942257#msg942257 date=1216986171]
    holy crap!  This is so messsed up...its gotta make u wonder what went on in the younger boys life to make them like this....
    [/quote]

Yeah.  Read the comments in the last link.  There are some people who know the dad to the two boys posting on there.

[quote author=FemmeFatality link=topic=15327.msg942255#msg942255 date=1216985878]

The comments to the story posted here http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/breaking_news/story/528754.html are unreal.  The entire family comes out the woodwork.  There are allegations of sexual abuse, drug abuse, and incest galore.  :2eyesbleed:

[/quote]

I couldn't have said it better. :2eyesbleed: :2eyesbleed:

Poor baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

[quote author=FemmeFatality link=topic=15327.msg942259#msg942259 date=1216986359]
    Yeah.  Read the comments in the last link.  There are some people who know the dad to the two boys posting on there.
    [/quote]

That page is ripe with comments on every aspect of that little girls family life. Poor kid was destined to have problems eventually being born into that freakshow family...
    ask me questions damnit<br />http://www.formspring.me/bama

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar

They better charge him as an adult. Otherwise we're going to have another Christopher Barrios on our hands in a few years&nbsp; :| I'm curious as to why they think the boy was questioned illegally. I sure hope not.
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

I can't find it, but I'm almost positive this story is already on here. I remember reading it.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

her daughter has a mullet...thats awesomeeeeeeeeeee
    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=15327.msg942658#msg942658 date=1217014425]
    I can't find it, but I'm almost positive this story is already on here. I remember reading it.
    [/quote]

This is the link that I sent to you when you were band.&nbsp;

[quote author=Bama Star link=topic=15327.msg942288#msg942288 date=1216991921]

That page is ripe with comments on every aspect of that little girls family life. Poor kid was destined to have problems eventually being born into that freakshow family...
    [/quote]

I couldn't keep track of who was who! Freakshow is right.

I feel so sorry for that little girl. I'm glad that there's a slight chance she can get out of that situation.

Re: Helen Prince (33) arrested after her 3 year-old wandered NY streets alone.

I know this is a bit of an old thread, but its the first time i've seen it. My blood boiled reading that. Fucking animals!!!! I just cant even imagine hurting a hair on my 2 year olds head let alone all that stuff the poor baby went through. Thank God she managed to get out of that hell hole. Imagine what else would be still happening to her now?&nbsp; Makes me sick!!
    <br /><br />&quot;I have a dream&quot; and Obama made it come true!

I wonder if the dad has custody of the girl?&nbsp; His myspace has a picture of him &amp; a young girl &amp; his headline says &quot;happy again.&quot;

http://www.myspace.com/shortie11136

[quote author=FemmeFatality link=topic=15327.msg1037556#msg1037556 date=1223837925]
    I wonder if the dad has custody of the girl?&nbsp; His myspace has a picture of him &amp; a young girl &amp; his headline says &quot;happy again.&quot;

[/quote]

God&nbsp; i hope so., I also hope she was just young enough to never remember all of that horrible shit

[quote author=FemmeFatality link=topic=15327.msg1037556#msg1037556 date=1223837925]

[/quote]

I hope so too. Poor little baby.
    <br /><br />&quot;I have a dream&quot; and Obama made it come true!

[/quote]

I think that is her-- she looks just like the little girl in the pictures on Helen's page.&nbsp; If I'm right about that, that thrills me!

[/quote]

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]not sure how you got that myspace page and figured out it was the dad but yes that is the lil girl no he does not have custody yet due to the mom lied to dss in ny and said he hadn't had anything to do with her wants nothing to do with her so they stuck her in foster care and he is fighting for his daughter that is a picture of her and him together at one of the visitations he had with her. he loves her dearly and is fighting very hard to get her back home safe and sound where she belongs. physically she has recovered for the most part but its still a long long road ahead of her mentally for the things that she was put thru. the happy again on his myspace does refer to her some cause he has found her and is fighting to get her back. but the other part is due to meeting someone special who stands beside him no matter what the circumstances are. who fully supports his fight for his daughters safe return both sprititually and financially&nbsp; as well as supporting him with his other children whom he has full custody of.[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

[quote author=makesyouwonder link=topic=15327.msg1041654#msg1041654 date=1224104482]
    [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]not sure how you got that myspace page and figured out it was the dad but yes that is the lil girl no he does not have custody yet due to the mom lied to dss in ny and said he hadn't had anything to do with her wants nothing to do with her so they stuck her in foster care and he is fighting for his daughter that is a picture of her and him together at one of the visitations he had with her. he loves her dearly and is fighting very hard to get her back home safe and sound where she belongs. physically she has recovered for the most part but its still a long long road ahead of her mentally for the things that she was put thru. the happy again on his myspace does refer to her some cause he has found her and is fighting to get her back. but the other part is due to meeting someone special who stands beside him no matter what the circumstances are. who fully supports his fight for his daughters safe return both sprititually and financially&nbsp; as well as supporting him with his other children whom he has full custody of.[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
    [/quote]

I can't believe that dss would believe anything that Helen had to say.

[quote author=FemmeFatality link=topic=15327.msg1041914#msg1041914 date=1224113146]
    [/quote]

yes and unfourtantaly they did there were other articles as well from the post star did you know they granted her supervised visitation once she gets out i just chewcked vine link for her and it says she will get out in march of 2009 she is only having to do about 8 mos of the year she got from family court pending other charges still waiting to find out about her criminal court trial i personally feel she should have gotten a longer sentence
    and never have gotten visitation that poor child has suffered enough don't tourture her anymore i say.

here is one of the links to more of the story

http://www.poststar.com/articles/2008/08/19/news/local/13833063.txt

and her is the one about donations taken up for the lil girl

http://www.poststar.com/articles/2008/07/31/news/local/13775911.txt

So what's happening to the two scumbag boys?

I wonder what happened to them when they were little. :|

[quote author=nerysinci link=topic=15327.msg1042688#msg1042688 date=1224166214]
    So what's happening to the two scumbag boys?

I wonder what happened to them when they were little. :|
    [/quote]

they are being all hush hush about the boys but there is still a trial for that matter even though it will be a juvinal trial. but helen still has more charges with family court pending then there is the matter of if south carolina is gonna seek charges or not.

we've also been told this isn't the first time

[quote author=FemmeFatality link=topic=15327.msg1041914#msg1041914 date=1224113146]
    [/quote]

wanted to give you a update on the 5th the lil girl has to go for surgery to have her tonsils removed and her altnoids they found she has a broken nose as well which caused alot of breathing problems. will update with more when i have more information

[quote author=makesyouwonder link=topic=15327.msg1060740#msg1060740 date=1225456300]
    wanted to give you a update on the 5th the lil girl has to go for surgery to have her tonsils removed and her altnoids they found she has a broken nose as well which caused alot of breathing problems. will update with more when i have more information
    [/quote]

Thanks for the update.&nbsp; Is she still in foster care?

[quote author=FemmeFatality link=topic=15327.msg1060811#msg1060811 date=1225462257]
    Thanks for the update.&nbsp; Is she still in foster care?
    [/quote]

unfourtanatly she is there is a huge process u have to go thru to get your child back. but please keep her in ur prayers for her upcoming surgery her daddy will be there with her.

[quote author=makesyouwonder link=topic=15327.msg1063157#msg1063157 date=1225676936]
    unfourtanatly she is there is a huge process u have to go thru to get your child back. but please keep her in ur prayers for her upcoming surgery her daddy will be there with her.
    [/quote]

Is she in foster care in NY?&nbsp; Is that where her surgery will be?&nbsp; I will keep her in my prayers.

Thread Information