Thread: Man stabs someone to death, Then kills self and 2yr old son in car wreck

Man stabs someone to death, Then kills self and 2yr old son in car wreck

Wow. What a sad story.  They haven't released names yet, But that father was a piece of shit for taking his kid with him. According to a small AP article released earlier this morning (which led me to find the quoted article), the kid was on the fathers lap when he crashed... Didn't stand a chance.

A man this morning stabbed an ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend to death, kidnapped his toddler son, then crashed his vehicle into a police car in Porter, Ind., killing himself and the boy, according to police.
    The stabbing occurred at about 12:50 a.m. in an apartment building in the 5900 block of Old Porter Road in Portage when the man arrived at the home of an ex-girlfriend and found her with another man, police said.

The man, who police said recently was released from prison, argued with and stabbed the other man, who later was pronounced dead. He then fled, taking his two-year-old son with him.

The woman was unhurt and called police. At about 1:30 a.m. a police officer spotted the man's Buick Regal in Furnessville headed east on U.S. Highway 12, according to a statement by Indiana State Police Sgt. Ann Wojas. The man turned his car around and headed back west on U.S. Highway 20, the statement said.

Soon several police cars were trailing the man and his son and police set up a roadblock and laid down a spike strip at Beam Street, about six miles east of where the stabbing occurred.

The Buick ran over the spikes, then crashed into a marked Porter County Sheriff's deputy's squad car, state police said. The deputy was not in the car during the collision.

The man was pronounced dead at the scene. His son was taken to Porter Hospital in Portage, where he too was pronounced dead a short time later. Authorities have released the names of neither the men nor the boy.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2008/10/two-dead-in-porter-county-ind-crash.html

R.I.P. New boyfriend and poor kid.

Re: Man stabs someone to death, Then kills self and 2yr old son in car wreck

Moved - I am sure they will release the name eventually or our super sleuths can find it out.

Same link as above but with names:
    The stabbing occurred at about 12:50 a.m. in an apartment building in the 5900 block of Old Porter Road in Portage when Lawrence Hill arrived at the home of an ex-girlfriend and found her with another man, police said.

Hill, 40, who police said recently was released from prison, argued with and stabbed Gary resident Dennis Williams, 29, who later was pronounced dead. Hill then fled, taking his two-year-old son with him.

The woman was unhurt and called police. At about 1:30 a.m. a police officer spotted the man's Buick Regal in Furnessville headed east on U.S. Highway 12, according to a statement by Indiana State Police Sgt. Ann Wojas. Hill turned his car around and headed back west on U.S. Highway 20, the statement said.

Soon several police cars were trailing the suspect and his son and police set up a roadblock and laid down a spike strip at Beam Street, about six miles east of where the stabbing occurred.

The Buick ran over the spikes, then crashed into a marked Porter County Sheriff's deputy's squad car, state police said. The deputy was not in the car during the collision.

Hill, whose last known address was in Chicago, was pronounced dead at the scene. His son was taken to Porter Hospital in Portage, where he too was pronounced dead a short time later.  The son was not identified beyond being Hill's son.

Quentin Pops, a friend and neighbor of the boy's mother, said she often confided in him about her abusive ex-boyfriend.

"She had left here a while to get away from him," Pops said. "He was abusive to her and she had told me he even threatened her life. But they had a kid together and so she was trying to make amends."

Neighbors in the Park Place apartment complex in Portage where the woman and her son lived described them as the best of friends. One said the family had fled the New Orleans area after Hurricane Katrina and had resettled in Porter over a year ago.

"I'm just shocked, shocked," said Lewis Jones, who lives across the hall from where the attack occured. "She was a good woman and she loved her son very much. You could see that."

I'm going to look for myspaces now.

edit-- the names are so common...i'm not having any luck yet.

My boyfriend was just telling me about this story today. o_O

http://nwi.com/articles/2008/10/21/updates/breaking_news/doc48fde0870d217213919874.txt

PORTAGE | Neighbors of a little boy killed early Tuesday after his father stabbed a man then slammed his car into a police squad with the boy on his lap were shocked and saddened about what happened Tuesday morning.

"I feel sorry for (the) little boy because he called me grandma," said Buakai Goul, who lives on the second floor of 5970 Old Porter Road in Park Place Apartments here.

MORE: Homicide suspect, kidnapped son die in crash.

Goul said the mother of the boy -- Keahn Hill, 2 -- frantically knocked on her apartment door calling for help early Tuesday morning after her former boyfriend, 40-year-old Lawence K. Hill of Illinois, stabbed and killed Dennis Williams, 29, of Gary, who was visiting the woman.

Williams died in the hallway. Blood spatters remained on the walls and blood soaked the carpeting of the stairway that led from the third to second floor. Yellow police tape cordoned off the area.

Maintenance supervisor Jim Kosmatka and a crew from Aftermath Inc. of Oswego, Ill., were in the building before 8 a.m. assessing the damage.

"We want to get it cleaned up and back to normal as soon as possible," said Kosmatka.

After stabbing Williams, Hill took his son from the apartment and drove off. Police later spotted him near Beverly Shores. With police from several departments following him, Hill accelerated and drove head on into a Porter County Police squad car with his son sitting on his lap. Hill and Keahn were killed in the crash. The county police officer was not inside the squad at the time.

Goul said the 21-year-old woman was from the Mississippi Gulf Coast. She, her son and the child's father moved in together over a year ago. Things between the mother and Hill didn't work out and the father moved to Chicago, said Goul.

Goul believed WIlliams was the mother's new boyfriend.

"She was a good mom. She been working a lot. The boy went to daycare," said Goul, adding she often played with Keahn, who particularly liked a hand-held slot machine of Goul's.

Gloria Cruse was shaking as she left for work Tuesday morning. She said the only thing she heard during the night was people running up and down the stairs. She thought it might be people checking their laundry.

"I'm very surprised. These are quiet people who go their own way," said Cruse, adding she didn't know the mother or little boy. "I heard it on the news this morning. I knew it was this complex, but not this building. I'm concerned. I don't like to live around danger."

Ian Prance, who lives on the second floor, came home about 1:30 a.m. Tuesday. He said he saw the young mother running through the hallway yelling to call the police. He already had.

"There was a dude laying dead upstairs," said Prance. "You don't see that stuff happening in Portage."

Prance, who has lived in the building since April, said he didn't know the mother well, but she and the her son were always together.

http://nwi.com/articles/2008/10/21/updates/breaking_news/doc48fdbbb109577671175274.txt

A man wanted in a homicide and child abduction at his ex-girlfriend's house in Portage early Tuesday slammed his car into a police squad while being followed by police in Porter, killing him and his 2-year-old son.

According to Portage police, at 12:49 a.m. officers responded to 5970 Old Porter Road for a disturbance between a man and a woman.

MORE: Neighbors shocked by murder, child's death.

When officers arrived, they found Dennis Williams, 29, of Gary lying dead on the third-floor landing with multiple stab wounds. Police spoke with the 21-year-old female resident, who told them Williams was her friend.

The woman told police she and Williams were inside their apartment when they heard the door buzzer ring. When she went to see who was there, police said, her ex-boyfriend -- Lawrence K. Hill, 40, of Illinois -- came through the sliding glass patio doors.

The woman and Hill argued about their 2-year-old son, Keahn Hill, who was inside the apartment sleeping at the time. She told police Hill forced her out of the apartment with a knife at her throat.

When Williams intervened, she told police, Hill stabbed him. She ran outside to get help and saw her Hill leave in a 1993 Buick Regal.

When she went inside her apartment, police said, she discovered her son was missing.

Portage police issued an alert to other law enforcement agencies saying they were investigating a homicide and kidnapping of a 2-year-old boy.

At 1:30 a.m., Beverly Shores police spotted Hill's vehicle eastbound on U.S. 12 at Ind. 520 in Furnessville. The officer followed the vehicle to westbound U.S. 20 from The Pines.

Chesterton, Porter, Burns Harbor and Portage police departments, as well as the Porter County Sheriff's Department, joined Beverly Shores police in following the Buick, police said. Indiana State Police said the Buick was not driving at a high rate of speed and none of the squad cars involved had their emergency lights or sirens activated.

Indiana State Police set up Stop Sticks on U.S. 20 near Mineral Springs Road in an attempt to stop the Hill. Police said Hill drove over the Stop Sticks, hitting one of his tires.

Hill kept driving and Porter County Sheriff's Police set up a second set of Stop Sticks near Beam Road. A Porter County Sheriff's Police squad car was parked facing eastbound on the westbound side of the road, just east of Beam Street in Porter, with the emergency lights activated. The deputy was outside of the vehicle and getting ready to put Stop Sticks on the road when he heard the Buick accelerate toward his squad.

Police said the deputy threw the Stop Sticks down and ran north to a wooded area before Hill slammed the Buick head on into the squad.

Hill  was pronounced dead at the scene of massive blunt force trauma, police said. Hill was holding his 2-year-old son on his lap at the time of the accident and was pronounced dead at Porter Hospital in Portage.

what a dick.... that poor baby paid for his daddy's stupidity

Thread Information