Thread: My best friend

My best friend

I joined this site when I googled my best friends name looking for an article and ran across her newspaper article and a picture someone stole from her myspace account on this site. To each their own BUT I do not appreciate someone searching for death articles and posting them on here like it is a tribute!!! You had no right to take her tragic death and use it to benifit your site of how many deaths and stories you can get on here. This is a personal, horrible thing I am going through and running accross this disguests me!!!! Isn't there something more positive you can do with your time then look for deaths of people YOU DO NOT know and build a website out of it???? I need to be contacted immediately reguarding this matter. I do not participate on these sites and do not know how to get this situation cleared. I am not trying to offend anyone but please understand my shock and grief when I came upon this by mistake.

Re: My best friend

Who's your friend?

Jennifer Felder

I'm very sorry for your loss. But may I ask what you were looking for when you googled her name?

The thing is this.. once you post your photos on a public forum like myspace, you've basically
    signed over your rights to any privacy concerning any photos from myspace.

I'm very sorry about your best friend. Please realize most of us here are just very interested
    in death. and how people die. It's not to disrespect anybody. I'm sorry if it's hurt your feelings.
    Many people here have had people close to them die. I actually find it very interesting how myspace is able to outlive some of their members. I think it gives peace to some to still be able to see their profile and post comments in hopes that the people they miss will read them.
    I know .. that's crazy talk. But it must give you some comfort to still be able to visit her myspace?

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=7606.msg1221694#msg1221694 date=1237710360]<br /> She is in the death queue.<br />[/quote]<br />You got me all wrong.

I do understand she posted her photo on myspace and the results of that however I do not think it is fair that it is being used after her unexpected death to create a website. If one of your memebers decided to post this on someone they knew then thats there choice. You being interested in death is your choice. I am perfectly fine with that. I am just asking her information to be removed. Since her passing there are so many battles we have faced that I will not go into. This is your site and if someone else doesn't like it then they can take the steps they feel needed. I am not here to start a discussion, I would just like her information and black skull pin point to be removed from the map. Please, please do this for me.&nbsp;

To answer your question, I was looking for the newspaper article when this came up.

[quote author=ktay7777 link=topic=15255.msg936499#msg936499 date=1216500601]
    Jennifer Felder
    [/quote]

there isn't even a thread about your friend here. just a news article thats already been posted online.

[quote author=ktay7777 link=topic=15255.msg936530#msg936530 date=1216502634]
    I do understand she posted her photo on myspace and the results of that however I do not think it is fair that it is being used after her unexpected death to create a website. If one of your memebers decided to post this on someone they knew then thats there choice. You being interested in death is your choice. I am perfectly fine with that. I am just asking her information to be removed. Since her passing there are so many battles we have faced that I will not go into. This is your site and if someone else doesn't like it then they can take the steps they feel needed. I am not here to start a discussion, I would just like her information and black skull pin point to be removed from the map. Please, please do this for me.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

this website wasn't created because of your friends unfortunate death. no one has even discussed her death here. there is only a link to her myspace and an article thats been posted by another news website. and you are here to start a discussion because thats exactly what you did. never mind, im just gonna leave it alone.

sorry about your friend.

sorry for your loss.

I was just trying to have the information taken off. I have never been on a site like this and did not know how to have it removed. I wasn't trying to start a discussion, just trying to explain without too much detail why I would like to have it removed. I don't know or need to know what a thread is but try to see my side. I found her article by mistake on here, with the only picture available attached from her myspace (that is a private myspace for a reason), and a comic skull pin pointing her death. To me, it's very personal.&nbsp; It just bothered me. It's my dear friend and it just is not right to me to have this on here. I am just asking it be removed please. I would also like this discussion off here too if possible. Thank you for your time and I am sorry if this was done wrong. God bless.

[quote author=ktay7777 link=topic=15255.msg936549#msg936549 date=1216504228]
    I was just trying to have the information taken off. I have never been on a site like this and did not know how to have it removed. I wasn't trying to start a discussion, just trying to explain without too much detail why I would like to have it removed. I don't know or need to know what a thread is but try to see my side. I found her article by mistake on here, with the only picture available attached from her myspace (that is a private myspace for a reason), and a comic skull pin pointing her death. To me, it's very personal.&nbsp; It just bothered me. It's my dear friend and it just is not right to me to have this on here. I am just asking it be removed please. I would also like this discussion off here too if possible. Thank you for your time and I am sorry if this was done wrong. God bless.
    [/quote]

You can email the administrator and ask him to remove the information

[quote author=ktay7777 link=topic=15255.msg936549#msg936549 date=1216504228]
    [/quote]

sorry for your loss,
    i think everyone on here has had some sort of loss in their lives.
    we use this site as more of a awakening of the dangers in life, and what can happen. i know when i login and see stories it makes me think twice even thrice about doing certain things in life. i think if you ask one of the moderators they can help you out. again sorry for your loss

Thread Information