View Poll Results: Do you think Casey Anthony will be found guilty of murdering her daughter?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, she is guilty as sin - fry bitch fry

37 67.27%
  • Yes, but I don't think she did it

1 1.82%
  • No, she is innocent!

1 1.82%
  • No, she will get away with murder

16 29.09%
Page 2 of 377 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Casey Anthony (22) is accused of murdering her two-year-old daughter

Re: Casey Anthony (22) is accused of murdering her two-year-old daughter

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=15230.msg935188#msg935188 date=1216395983]
    I don't think there's any good news to be found in this one. They'll either find her today, buried somewhere...or we won't have results for a few months, i'm guessing. Nothing is pointing to an optimistic conclusion though 
    [/quote]

I know what u mean but i really hope u are wrong....

[quote author=chavonv link=topic=15230.msg935190#msg935190 date=1216396182]
    I know what u mean but i really hope u are wrong....
    [/quote] well..you know, i was thinking about it...this bitch lies about everything...even stupid little shit that anyone with half a brain could look into and disprove. Maybe there is an  ok story behind this (at least one with the little girl alive) and mom just lies about everything, including where the kid is.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=15230.msg935194#msg935194 date=1216396408]
    well..you know, i was thinking about it...this bitch lies about everything...even stupid little shit that anyone with half a brain could look into and disprove. Maybe there is an  ok story behind this (at least one with the little girl alive) and mom just lies about everything, including where the kid is.
    [/quote]

exactly...thats the spirit

I hate to say it, but I think if the poor girl was alright her mother would have told the cops where to find her by now.
    She's been rattling off strings of lies trying to get the po po off her back..what reason would she have for keeping her daughter hidden if she's alive and well?

I don't see this woman killing the girl for no reason unless she has a mental problem. I'm thinking more like she sold the girl to some creep for drugs and doesn't want to admit it to the police or the grandparents.  I certainly hope that isn't the case, but it seems possible to me.

Maybe it's just a big mix up. :lol:

Can you just imagine what the grandparents are going through?

I think I actually approve of Nancy Grace interviewing this bitch.

[quote author=wheresthebeef link=topic=15230.msg935217#msg935217 date=1216399140]
    [/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol:

Seconded.

[quote author=wheresthebeef link=topic=15230.msg935217#msg935217 date=1216399140]
    [/quote]

[quote author=Ren link=topic=15230.msg935198#msg935198 date=1216396926]
    I hate to say it, but I think if the poor girl was alright her mother would have told the cops where to find her by now.
    She's been rattling off strings of lies trying to get the po po off her back..what reason would she have for keeping her daughter hidden if she's alive and well?

I don't see this woman killing the girl for no reason unless she has a mental problem. I'm thinking more like she sold the girl to some creep for drugs and doesn't want to admit it to the police or the grandparents.  I certainly hope that isn't the case, but it seems possible to me.
    [/quote]

Thats the feeling I got too about her selling the girl. Maybe she is doing this for some kind of sick attention.I mean its almost like she believes what she is saying to be the truth.In either case  if I thought someone had my kid I would call the cops rather they told  me they would hurt me or not . Something does not add up , My gut say this lady did not kill her ,she has done something with her .If she had killed her  why not just report her kidnapped .To me that makes more sense .I hope she gets what she deserves either way . I am really hoping they find this girl so the grandparents minds could be at peace ,the unknow is never good for a love one

A bit of positive news, I suppose:

Missing Toddler Search Moves From Family Home

Home Search Turns Up Nothing; Investigators Search Other Locations

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Authorities searching for a missing toddler stopped their digging at the child's grandparents' home on Friday morning and called for assistance from K-9 units.

A tip from a neighbor sent detectives to the home on Thursday. They resumed digging early Friday morning in a hunt for clues to the whereabouts of the little girl, but shortly before noon, the digging stopped, and K-9 units were dispatched. Orange County Sheriff's Office Sgt. John Allen delivered a briefing at about 12 p.m. 

Allen said that the back yard search turned up nothing and they are continuing to search at other locations besides the home, which were not disclosed. He also said that bringing out K-9 units did not indicate that the case was a homicide investigation -- they still have reason to be believe the child could be alive.

The search at the home where the little girl's mother's parents live and where the mother stayed on and off with Caylee turned up nothing and investigators moved on on Friday afternoon.

Caylee's playground set was scrutinized by investigators on Thursday. Detectives removed it from the back yard, and several items were taken from the home. A shovel was also removed from a neighbor's house.

Authorities said Caylee's grandparents have been helpful.

"The grandparents really want to find their granddaughter, so anything that we've asked for, they've been very, very helpful," Orange County Sheriff's Office Sgt. John Allen said.

Investigators said a neighbor claimed to see Caylee's mother, Casey Anthony, at her parents' home recently while they were away.

Casey Anthony remains jailed on Friday on charges of child neglect. She made a first appearance in court on Thursday. Judge John Jordan ordered her held without bond as the investigation continues.

Casey Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, spoke to reporters on Friday. He said he's shocked by all of the information that investigators released and feels they're already trying the case in the media. He said his client is still holding out hope that Caylee will be found alive.

Baez said Casey Anthony told him the search should focus on Miami, New York and Charlotte, N.C., as well as Orlando. He also said Caylee's father was killed in a car crash.

Neighbors Dread Sad Outcome
    Word of Caylee Anthony's disappearance hit the close-knit neighborhood hard.

"It caught us all by surprise to be honest with you," Jim Schieber said.

Schieber said his daughter used to go to school with Casey Anthony. He said the stress of Caylee's disappearance is almost unbearable to his family.

"We've been crying all night long. We couldn't sleep all night long. I just can't understand this," Schieber said.

The Anthonys' next-door neighbor said Caylee's grandparents are nice people who adore their granddaughter.

"I was really scared for them because I know they really love that little girl," a neighbor said.

The neighbor could remember seeing Casey Anthony jogging on most mornings, but that was months ago.

"Now that I think about it, it's probably been since May, mid-May. I haven't seen her car around," the neighbor said.

With investigators digging in the back yard, Schieber said he fears the worst.

"If they were to find something, I don't know what I would do. It would break my heart," Schieber said.

However, whatever happens, the neighborhood vows to rally around the Anthony family.

http://www.wesh.com/news/16918752/detail.html
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Amy's taste > Tara's

Whew...........

Caylee Search Hits Street
    Saturday, July 19, 2008 8:40:25 AM

ORLANDO -- Family members of Caylee Anthony took to the streets Saturday, hoping the public will be able to aid in their search for the missing 2-year-old.

Caylee's grandparents are handing out fliers, hoping anyone will have information on the girl's whereabouts.

The family also released new home video of Caylee reading with her family.

The search for Caylee Anthony continues Friday, just days after learning the 2-year-old had been missing for more than a month.

The focus of the search Thursday turned to the backyard of Caylee's grandparents' home, on Hopespring Drive, where Caylee and her mother lived before the toddler disappeared in June.

Investigators brought out digging equipment and search dogs to home's backyard on Thursday. Detectives also removed items from the home Thursday, and also took a shovel from a neighbor's home.

They suspended their search in the backyard Friday afternoon.

Although they are no longer searching at the home, deputies said their search continues.

"Although we're here and y'all are here, we actually have detectives in other places following up on other leads. So it's important that everybody understand that we want to keep it out there in the public. That if anybody has information about where Caylee is, if they'd contact the Orange County Sheriff's Office," said Sgt. John Allen from Orange County Sheriff's Office.

Deputies said Caylee's grandparents are being extremely cooperative in the investigation, saying they just want to find Caylee.

Anthony’s Lawyer Says There Are Other Suspects In The Case
    Right now questions are being raised as to whether Casey Anthony had anything to do with her daughter's disappearance.

For the first time, we're hearing from Casey Anthony's lawyer, Jose Baez, who said there are other suspects in the case.

In addition, Baez said he plans to reveal evidence that will exonerate Anthony once they get their time in court.

Meanwhile, a motion was filed Thursday to get her bonded out of jail after a judge denied her first request this week.

He said Anthony has undergone psychological counseling while behind bars, but mental illness is not a factor in her defense.

Baez said Anthony's first priority is finding her daughter, despite some sensationalized media reports.

"She's doing her best to keep it together and to assist in any way she possibly can because now is not the time to lose it,” said Baez. “She needs her composure and her ability to think so it can best help Caylee."

Baez said he is outraged that Anthony is still in jail considering she has not been charged in connection with her daughter's disappearance or harming her in any way.

Girl Last Spotted June 12
    Some friends told the Anthonys that they had spotted Caylee June 12 in a shopping area somewhere along the Orange-Seminole County line.

It was not known who the child was with at the time.

When she was last seen, Caylee was wearing a blue and pink outfit and white-rimmed sunglasses.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2008/7/19/caylee_search_hits_street.html

Amy's taste > Tara's

Its almost like this is some sick twisted joke this mother is trying to pull on the world .She seems to be sending them on a wild goose chase ,and she is not doing everything for this child .I think a phone call to someone to say hey my kid is gone before a month went by  would be actually doing something. I live in N.C . so I will try to keep an eye out for anything in the local news .I am still hoping they find this little girl .I hope if they do this mother lays eyes on her again ,she does not deserve something so precious in her life .

They need to let the mother out and monitor her. She is obviously crazy and would more than likely lead them to evidence immedietly.

A 2-year-old missing for more than a month may no longer be in central Florida and could even have been taken out of state, her mother's attorney said.

Casey Marie Anthony's lawyer, Jose Baez, suggested his client's toddler daughter, Caylee Marie Anthony, might be in Miami; Charlotte, N.C.; or even New York City, according to MyFOXOrlando.com.

Baez did not explain why he believes the child might be outside the area where she lived. He said the investigation into Caylee's disappearance has been hindered by her 22-year-old mother's imprisonment.

"I think her detention is actually hampering the search," Baez told MyFOXOrlando.com. "It's just counterproductive."

Orange County detectives spent Friday digging through the backyard of Caylee's grandparents, Cindy and George Anthony, in hopes of turning up clues in the child's disappearance.

Search for Missing Caylee Cadaver dogs were at the scene, and several items were removed from the Orlando home, which became the focus of the investigation after a neighbor said Casey Anthony had borrowed a shovel about a month ago. Police found and took the shovel as evidence.

"This is difficult, tedious work," sheriff's Sgt. John Allen, who oversees the department's child abuse and missing persons division, told reporters during a press briefing Friday. "Just because we’re here with cadaver dogs doesn’t mean we’re giving up hope that Caylee is alive."

Allen said they have not found signs of the girl in the yard but it is only "one of several places we're looking." He would not elaborate.

Casey Anthony has been in custody since Wednesday, when she finally told authorities the child was missing. A day earlier, Caylee's grandparents filed a report after learning their daughter's car had been towed from a location that was nowhere near where she claimed to be staying.

The little girl lived in the house with her mother and grandparents until June 9, when Casey said she vanished.

"When all of the facts come out, it will be a little bit more understandable as to why there was a delay in time in this case," Baez told MyFOXOrlando.com.

Caylee's grandparents had been "very cooperative" in the investigation, according to Allen; the sheriff's office said the search of their property in no way implicated them in the case.

"It's very clear to us that they want their granddaughter back," Allen said.

Cindy Anthony said she wants the focus for now to be on finding little Caylee, not on her daughter's arrest.

"I will look in every nook and cranny until I find her," she told MyFOXOrlando.com, breaking down in tears. "I know in my heart that she's alive."

The hunt for evidence began Thursday night but stopped when darkness fell, resuming Friday morning. Detectives found "abnormalities" in the dirt that caused them to be suspicious, according to MyFOXOrlando.com. They searched for much of the day, suspending their efforts in the afternoon.

Described by friends as a "habitual" and "compulsive" liar, Casey Anthony told investigators that she dropped Caylee off with a friend on June 9. Authorities have been unable to locate that woman or verify anything else Anthony told them.

The FBI told FOXNews.com that the bureau is aware of the case but is not playing a part in the probe.

"We're definitely aware of it and monitoring the situation, but that's the extent of our involvement," said Special Agent Dave Couvertier, a spokesman for the Orlando and Tampa FBI.

Orange County Sheriff's Capt. Angelo Nieves said the grandparents' property on Hopespring Drive is central to the investigation, according to the Orlando Sentinel. Allen said sheriffs spent several hours with Casey Anthony after her arrest, but procedural regulations have barred them from interviewing her further in jail without her attorney.

Neighbor Diana Centeno, whose children have played with Caylee in the past, called the situation "scary," according to the Sentinel. She said she hoped Casey Anthony didn't have anything to do with the toddler's disappearance.

Anthony was arrested Wednesday on charges of child neglect and providing false information to law enforcement. She showed no emotion Thursday as she was ordered held without bond at the Orange County Jail.

The judge scolded the mother, saying she had "no regret or concern for her actions," the Sentinel reported.

"You left your 2-year-old child with a person who does not exist at an apartment you cannot identify and you lied to your parents about your child's whereabouts," Judge John Jordan said. "You cared so little about your child."

He ordered a mental health evaluation be done on Anthony, according to the newspaper.

The Orange County Sheriff's Department told FOXNews.com that they have no reason to believe the toddler is dead.

"[We are] still operating under the hope she is going to turn up alive," Deputy Sheriff Carlos Padilla said Thursday.

Padilla said Anthony claims the child's father is dead — something authorities are still looking into.

Investigators said their job has been made more difficult because Anthony continues to spin stories that aren't true.

"Based on the repetitive lies that the defendant has told, we do not know with whom the child is or even if the child is alive," sheriff's Cpl. Yuri Melich wrote in the arrest affidavit, according to the Sentinel. "It should be noted that at no time during any of the above interviews did the defendant show any obvious emotion as to the loss of her child."

Anthony told her mother that she was being sent to Tampa for work and would be back in a few days, but later changed her story and said she was going on a "mini-vacation," according to the Sentinel.

"I had no reason to believe they weren't where they were supposed to be," Cindy Anthony told the newspaper. "I don't know why she fabricated this."

It was not clear why Casey Anthony didn't report her daughter missing earlier.

"I’ve had the feeling the past couple of weeks that Casey's been holding back," Cindy Anthony told MyFOXOrlando.com. "I’ve been asking to speak with my granddaughter and she’s been making excuses that I can't talk to her because she’s with someone else or she’s swimming or napping."

Casey Anthony told police that her daughter wasn't at the baby sitter's house when she went to pick the child up, so she started to do her own investigation.

She went to clubs that the baby sitter frequented and identified her as Zenaida Gonzalez, police said. But when detectives went to the apartment Anthony said belonged to the alleged baby sitter, they learned it had been vacant for almost five months, the newspaper reported.

Once detectives caught up with Gonzalez and showed her pictures of both Anthony and Caylee, Gonzalez said she didn't recognize them.

George Anthony said his daughter wouldn't hurt Caylee.

"My daughter is a fantastic mother," he told FOX News. "She was nurturing, she always did the right thing. ... I never once saw my daughter raise her voice."

Allen said police want to keep the case in the public eye, and are following up on numerous leads that have come in because of the media coverage.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,386576,00.html

Cant wait to see what casey's reason for delay is.  :|

Amy's taste > Tara's

if you don't want your child then GIVE HER UP. there are plenty of places/people who will take the child but why harm her? i don't get how people who obv. cannot take care of themselves have children..

[quote author=Delicious_Surprise link=topic=15230.msg936713#msg936713 date=1216520391]
    if you don't want your child then GIVE HER UP. there are plenty of places/people who will take the child but why harm her? i don't get how people who obv. cannot take care of themselves have children..
    [/quote] Maybe she DID give her up...in exchange for drugs or whatever.  :|

Amy's taste > Tara's

I just saw this case on the news. I just want to mark it so I can see what happens.

This is on Nancy Grace right now. God that little girl is so cute. Although unlikely, I am REALLY HOPING she is found alive, but man.... with the cops digging in the yard, I doubt it.

I'm pretty much googling for news links three times a day. I can't get her out of my mind. 

Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=15230.msg937440#msg937440 date=1216610767]
    I'm pretty much googling for news links three times a day. I can't get her out of my mind. 
    [/quote]

Me too man! It is reminding me of the baby who was beat to death by the mom and step-dad, Baby Grace aka Riley Ann Sawyer. God, i hope nothing like that happened to this girl. I will never understand how people can intentionally hurt children like that. Never.

No new news today. Nothing different anyway.

Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=15230.msg937707#msg937707 date=1216646246]
    No new news today. Nothing different anyway.
    [/quote]

I looked earlier in the hope of finding something new.  I really hope they find her

Grandmother of missing central Florida girl speaks
    ORLANDO, Fla. — The grandmother of a missing 2-year-old central Florida girl says her daughter knows who has the toddler.

Speaking on NBC's "Today" Show on Monday, Cindy Anthony says her daughter Casey — who was arrested last week and charged with child neglect and criminal obstruction for lying to detectives — should be released from jail so she can help investigators.

Casey Anthony reported her daughter Caylee Marie Anthony missing last week. The grandmother says Caylee was last seen June 9.

Casey Anthony's lawyer told the "Today" Show that "there's an explanation for all of this."

Sheriff's detectives say they have few new leads. Authorities are looking into the family's claims that Casey Anthony received a mysterious call from her daughter last Tuesday.

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/shared-gen/ap/National/Missing_Girl.html

Thread Information