Thread: Actor Joe Pichler missing since May 2006

Actor Joe Pichler missing since May 2006

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID =15889827

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a missing actor i was wondering if there is a post about him??This is my first post plz go easy :?y on me lol his myspace is

Re: joe Pichler Actor missing

More details please.

The policie are not sure what happened  ill post some links so you all can see~http://www.thesuperficial.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39106 http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=fe577538-7015-4a25-9b00-49abab3a32d1&page=1

http://www.fcscentral.com/archive/missing_persons/index.html

I was wondering of anyone knew or posted about this actor this is a artical http://www.fcscentral.com/archive/missing_persons/index.html His myspace is http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID =15889827 This is first post please go easy on me lol..

http://joepichlermissing.com/

http://www.myspace.com/kathypichler

Joe's brother has posted sporadically on his IMDB message board ... wonder if he did commit suicide since I believe they found what they "thought" to be a suicide note in Joe's car.

Саша VIIXIVMMIX

He's from very close to where I live. There have been no updates since he disapeared. Some people think he commited suicide, some think he just walked away.

this really isn't technical support...why did u start 2 threads on this hun?

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.

Yeah, as soon as I saw his pic I knew who he was.  He played Kyle, the goofy "I'm gonna start a cult" younger brother of quarterback Jonathan Moxon (James VanDerBeek) in Varsity Blues.

I hope he just walked away and will turn up soon.  :2sad:
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Sometime back I read about Joe's disappearance in an old magazine. He seemed to have a lot of ahead of him. I feel for his family. I hope they find closure in the future whether Joe is found dead or alive.

No news, just bumping to add some detail. I swear this thread was bigger before? & I swear it covered all the weird shit that went down with his friends & the Magic The Gathering cards.

Like a lot of these kids that went missing back when MySpace was popular, most of the websites & pages set up to get his story out are long gone. Websleuths seems to be all that's really left, which is a shame because they never fully copy the articles they link so a lot of their threads end up full of dead links with references to thijngs you can't find anymore.

This is a reddit thread that references one the WS threads - it gives a pretty good rundown of everything that's gone missing from this thread

http://www.reddit.com/r/todayilearne...o_appeared_in/

" Joe Pichler has been missing from Bremerton, Washington since January 3rd, 2006. The night Joe Pichler was last seen he was entertaining four friends at his apartment on 2000 Magnuson Way. At approx 2:30 am, he allegedly dropped his friend Kelly off at her house and then dropped his friend Justin off at an apartment Justin shared with Jesse at Jesse’s parents’ home. The other two friends, Kyle and Nicole, allegedly drove themselves home. At approx 4:08 am, Joe’s cell phone was used to call his friend Justin.

On January 4th, 2006 at approx 7:00 pm, Joe Pichler’s mother, Kathy Pichler, sent her son, AJ, to check on Joe. Joe’s apartment was unlocked and the lights were on. AJ waited for almost an hour then he turned off the lights and locked the door. On January 5th, 2006 at approx 8:00 am, Kathy Pichler went to the apartment on Magnuson Way herself. She immediately reported to the police her son was missing. She went to Discordia game, where Joe worked. They reported he did not show up for work the previous night.

Kathy called AJ and asked his help with the search. AJ called Justin for help. Justin immediately came to the Pichler home. AJ said Justin took several turns and seemed to drive straight to Joe’s car which had been abandoned behind a restaurant at 2805 Wheaton Way.

When the police arrived, they found a poem among the belongings in Joe Pichler’s car. The police read the poem allowed and declared it was a suicide note. They immediately released the car to the family without any processing. Detective Davis told Kathy Pichler, Joe probably jumped from a nearby bridge and his body would float up in a few months. The police then went to Joe’s apartment where Joe’s sister, Shawna, walked with them through the apartment. Shawna reported the search was no more than 3 minutes. The police reported the apartment was fine.

This information was reported by almost every news source in America.

Now, the rest of the story…

Joe’s uncle drove Joe’s car to the Pichler home. When they got there, the family noticed vomit in the floorboard of the car on the passenger side. The family also noticed Magic The Gathering cards were strung out all over the car and the most valuable ones were all missing. They reported this to the Bremerton Police. This information as of 1/25/08 had still not reached the police report although the family told them about it many many times. The car set in the driveway for almost a year undriven. The vomit was never tested for DNA.

Finally, the family gave up on the police and began to drive the car. When the Pichlers’ went to Joe’s apartment on 1/6/06, they found that it also had been robbed as well. Joe's remaining Magic The Gathering cards were thrown around over his bedroom closet. They reported this information to the police too. The information never made the police report and the apartment was never processed for blood or fingerprint evidence. The remaining cards were never tested for fingerprints or DNA as well.

The last place Joe was seen alive with Jesse’s parent home. Alledgedly Jesse admitted seeing Joe in the home, but his story changed several times on exactly how and when it happened. Jesse’s home was never checked by the Bremerton Police. Detective Davis stated many times in the newspapers that the Bremerton Police had done all they could do on this case.

In May 2006, five months after Joe’s car was found on 1/5/06, after the public reading of the poem, Justin announced it was not a suicide note. He and Joe had written “the poem” together. The Bremerton Police changed their conclusions on the case as missing endangered teen. The Bremerton Police had reported suicide to the FBI. At what point this was corrected is still not clear.

Several months after Joe disappeared, Joe’s ex-girlfriend, Cammie, came to visit Kathy Pichler. She accidently told Kathy that Cammie and another friend had gone to Joe’s car behind the restaurant to remove any items that might embarrass the family, but the police had already found it. Kathy asked Cammie how she knew where the car was and she wouldn’t respond. Cammie also admitted to having a 2nd set of keys to Joe’s car.
    <<continued>>

<<continued>>

In June 2006, six months after Joe disappeared; the Bremerton Police Department took pictures of Joe?s car.
    In December 2007, several independent investigators reviewed a MySpace account that Cammie created and which was not Joe?s but claimed to be Joe?s. All of the people last seen with Joe would send messages to it before and after Joe disappeared, but Joe didn?t send any messages. One of the messages was dated 1/3/06 at 7:03pm from Kelly to another friend claiming she was worried about going to Joe?s because the friends were planning something and they were being sketchy and weird. As of 1/25/08, Kelly has never been asked to explain this message.

As of 1/25/08, The Bremerton Police have never obtained a warrant to retrieve the private MySpace messages from the people last seen with Joe Pichler. They have never retrieved the cell phone records/messages/towers from the people last seen with Joe Pichler. The Bremerton Police told the Pichler family that if Joe hadn?t committed suicide then he was in the Witness Protection Program and they couldn?t talk about it.

In December 2007, the police still had only interviewed Justin. Cammie, Kyle, Nicole, Jesse, and Kelly all admitted seeing him on 1/3/006. They had not been interviewed and none of these people had been asked for polygraphs at this point.

An FBI agent in Washington DC stated that the FBI would help on missing person cases if it strongly looked like murder and the case was flagrantly mishandled. According to the FBI, flagrantly mishandled is when all the people last seen with a missing person are not interviewed and asked for polygraphs. All evidence in the case was not processed.

On January 3rd, 2008, the Bremerton Police announced they were given Joe Pichler?s case renewed vigor. Since that date they have re-interview Justin, tried to setup interviews with the other "friends", which have been repeatedly rescheduled by some of the "friends" or the police have not scheduled an interview at all. On January 25th, 2008, the Bremerton Police brought the Pichler family into the police station to talk about the case. They tried to convince the family there was no vomit in the car. The Bremerton Police also tried to convince the family the pictures the police took in June 2006 were actually taken on 1/5/06.

The Bremeton police told the Pichlers the cell phone records were all gone. But Cingular, Sprint, Quest, and Verizon say they keep cell phone records for 5 years minimum.

The Bremerton police told the Pichlers there wasn't probable cause to get the cell phone records of the friends.

Here is probable cause... 1) When Kathy Pichler said Cammie told her, that Cammie knew where the abandoned car was before the family and the police did. She went to the car to try to remove embarrassing things to the family from it. It was already a crime scene and to remove evidence would be against the law so how did Cammie know where the abandoned car was of a missing person? Where was she when Joe disappeared? To verify where Cammie was on 1/4 and who she talked to is probable cause to get her cell phone records. She said 'we' went to the scene. This would mean she had a partner and it would be probable cause of the same reason for her partner's records as well.

2) When Kelly admitted to Leesh on 1/3/06 at 7:03pm on MySpace that she was worried about going to Joe's that the friends were planning something and being sketchy and weird. Kellys admission that there was a plan that made her nervous amongst the people who were last seen with a missing person. To verify where these friends were during the timeframe of the disappearance is probable cause as well. And it's grounds to get every one of the friends cell phone records, because Kelly wasn't specific to one friend. She said 'people".
    Please we want the police to process the evidence on this case. "
    Last edited by blighted star; 05-18-2015 at 06:15 PM.

I suppose I should link the original WS thread seeing as there's prety much nothing else left online with the back story

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-Child-Actor-2

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    So obviously it's too much to ask the police to do their fucking jobs, now? What a clusterfuck. Shit, my kids and I could launch a more effective investigation than they conducted, and all we have for experience is a couple seasons of CSI, SVU and just about every show on Investigation Discovery. Fuck. Gee, too bad it wasn't one of the officer's family members, bet they'd be breaking down doors all over town if that were the case.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

This is so scary to me- the idea that the people who are supposed to try to figure out what happened to a loved one will do nothing. I mean, if the police truly investigate and can't come to a conclusion, that is one thing. But to not even bother is just infuriating. How could these cops say for sure it was a suicide when there is no body and they don't even know for sure if the guy is dead or not?

Were the contents of the poem/suicide note ever released?

I can't find it but I haven't looked really hard yet. This old article posted at Project Jason discusses it in a little more detail & has police describing it as poetry, not a suicide note. Somewhere in the articles in that thread it also says his last call at 4.30am was to a friend re lines of poetry he wanted them to write down so I guess poetry was a thing with him at the time.

http://projectjason.org/forums/topic...r-wa-01052006/

By Joal Ryan Fri Mar 31, 9:34 PM ET

# JOe. Where are you? Everyone is looking for you. please stop this crazy joke. (Jan. 9, 2006)

Every week or so, Detective Robbie Davis of the Bremerton, Washington, police department visits Joe Pichler's MySpace page. For a sign. For a clue. For a teenager lost.

"I'm just looking to see if he gets on it," says Davis. "Then I'm looking to see what they're saying."

They are the friends and family of Pichler, the former child actor who went missing nearly three months ago from his Northwest hometown. They leave messages. They extend birthday wishes. They post pictures of a long-ago summer that was just last year.

"What I'm seeing," Davis says, "is they're just as perplexed as I am. And some of them are starting to get upset."

# JOE...TELL ME WHERE YOU ARE...IM COMIN OUT TO LOOK FOR YOU! (Jan. 10, 2006)

In the MySpace community, 63 million member pages strong, Joe Pichler is everydude.

His screen name is "McBadass."
    His stated preferences are the Beatles, beer and "hott gerls."

His favorite books--he doesn't say. His favorite movies--he does. They're ones he made as a regularly employed child actor of the 1990s and early 2000s: among them, Varsity Blues, in which he played
    James Van Der Beek's crucifix-fixated younger brother; and Beethoven's 3rd and Beethoven's 4th, in which he played the franchise dog's best human friend.

His sign is Aquarius.

He hasn't logged in since Jan. 3.

# "i walk down to the water everyday and yell for you hoping your okay...this is really scaring me." (Jan. 16, 2006)

In the early morning of Jan. 4, police say, Pichler, 18, talked to a friend on a cell phone. The conversation ended. After, there was no after. By all accounts, nobody's heard from or seen Pichler since.

On Jan. 9, police say, Pichler was reported missing. Later, his car, a silver 2005 Toyota Corolla, was found parked about a half-mile from where a bridge overlooks the waters of Port Washington Narrows.

Pichler's mother, Kathy Pichler, says police told her off the bat that her son was a suicide. Police say they never said that.

Kathy Pichler does not believe her son was suicidal. She also doesn't believe police have done enough--anything, actually--to find her son, to provide her family with updates, to look at "evidence pointing in other directions."

Detective Davis says he's exhausted every resource he can think of--from
    FBI profilers to MySpace.

"I'm just hoping something will pop up," Davis says.

# Happy Birthday To You, Happy Birthday To You, Happy BIRTHDAY DEAR JOOOOE!!! Happy Birthday... toooo YOU!!! (Feb. 14, 2006)

Pichler turned 19 on
    Valentine's Day.

There was birthday cake. There was no Joe.

In the end, one of his sisters posted a picture of the cake: "I thought you might want to see what it looked like..."

# so you should come back today cuz i dotn have anything to do. & we could so hangout. (Feb. 17, 2006)

Cammie Walsh has known Joe Pichler since the seventh grade.

"When we were younger, he was known as 'the movie star,'" Walsh says in an email. "But as we got older, he was known for his 'spunkiness.' "

Last Christmas Day, the two went to the movies--they caught The Producers. Walsh says she saw Pichler a few days after that, and then, like everyone else, nothing.

These days, she is among Pichler's most devoted MySpace correspondents--even if the conversation is one-way. She shares random thoughts and old pictures--"I want him to know I miss him," she says.

Tanya Bourgeois, another friend, calls up the page when she's feeling sad, or when she wants to see Pichler's face--"since it's been so long."

"When I leave messages, it's not like I'm talking to a missing person," Bourgeois says in an email. "It's like he's still here."

Walsh and Bourgeois say they'll continue to post as long as the page is up. Because, they say, they hope their friend is checking in. Because, they say, they believe their friend is out there.

"We all just want him to know he's loved and missed," Bourgeois says. "And maybe he can find comfort in whatever situation he may be in."

# hey guess what...i am gonna tell you right now that i am not gonna believe what any of these people are sayin until YOU tell me or let me know YOURSELF!! (Feb. 23, 2006)

There was a rumor Pichler, who'd moved back to Bremerton with his family in 2002, had headed back to California. So far, police say, it's just a rumor.

There were reports that investigators had found what amounted to a suicide note in Pichler's abandoned car. Police say those reports were incorrect.

What police found, Davis says, was poetry

And while the poem expressed an "I'm fed up" sentiment, Davis says, it wasn't a farewell. Sgt. Kevin Crane says the writing did not speak to Pichler's state of mind.

Detective Davis says police found "other documentation," in addition to the poem, but he won't discuss the "other documentation" in any detail. Whatever it is, it hasn't led him to the teenager.

Pichler remains Davis' only active missing persons' case.

Bourgeois says that if, for whatever reason, Pichler didn't want to be found, he'd find a way to make sure he wasn't.

"He's someone who gets what he wants," Bourgeois says. "And he's very intelligent, too."

# Come back home joe so [we] can go on that trip we planned. (Mar. 6, 2006)

In the months leading up to Pichler's disappearance, Walsh says her friend was maturing--"living alone with a 9-5 job." Bourgeois says her friend was the same as he ever was--"very happy."

Kathy Pichler says her son, a recent high school grad, had a plan--to get back into acting. "He's got an entire apartment in storage in Los Angeles," she says.

In Hollywood, Pichler had a rep, at least in writer-director David Mickey Evans' eyes, for being a "solid little young man."

"He wasn't what you'd conceive [of] the typical child actor," says Evans, who directed Pichler in the two Beethoven straight-to-video movies. "He was just a normal little kid, a normal little boy."

"I don't recall a single moment where he wasn't really happy to be there."

Kathy Pichler says she doesn't recall her son not being happy, either.

# I LOVE YOU. I MISS YOU. COME HOME. WHERE ARE YOU. (Mar. 18, 2006)

Kathy Pichler knows why her son's friends keep reaching out to the missing teen.

"I think that they're believing the same way I am," she says. "In this situation, it's hard to get from today to tomorrow and [not] to automatically assume for the worst."

"I think teenagers have to hold out for [hope]...I think leaving messages is their way of holding out hope."

About six weeks ago, Kathy Pichler established her own MySpace page. Devoted to her "baby Joe," it's a funhouse of family pictures, family tattoos, dancing graphics--and links to the National Center for Missing Adults and the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.

"I'm waiting for a miracle," Kathy Pichler says.

# gawwwwwd i love you. f--k. (Mar. 25, 2006)

Detective Davis' phone hasn't rung with a new tip in three or four weeks. Davis tells a reporter it's okay to publish his number--360-473-5361. He's got nothing--nothing that would stand up.

"He's gone," Davis says. "He's vanished."

As of Friday, Joe Pichler still hasn't logged in since Jan. 3.

I have no idea who this is or who would kill a kid for his magic cards. I know the game can get a little competitive but damn. Going to google the name since this thread says he is an actor.

Mommy to: Misty-Allison-Elliot-Sebastian-Quinn
    And our newest rugrat MISS MARLEE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinatedkat View Post
    I have no idea who this is or who would kill a kid for his magic cards. I know the game can get a little competitive but damn. Going to google the name since this thread says he is an actor.
    I remember he was in one or more of the Beethoven movies.

Some of those magic cards are worth a lot of money

http://www.mtgprice.com/

Some black lotus cards are well over 15,000. One was just found for $27,000
    http://www.geek.com/games/27000-blac...ening-1606723/

Shiiit. I didn't even look at their value. This makes it even more disgusting that those cards found in his car have never been printed. The family have them bagged up somewhere apparently.

His family had a huge amount of drama getting them to investigate. Apparently his case hasn't made them change their "policies" any.

The way this dept treats missing teen cases means their cases are always cold before they'll even consider accepting a missing report. I'm assuming this is the reason it took 5 days before Joe was officially reported missing.

http://www.bremertonpatriot.com/news/139401813.html

If a 15-year-old female is sick of mom and dad’s rules and runs away to party or be with her boyfriend and then shows up two or three days later, that’s not something that we’re going to look into,” said deputy Scott Wilson, spokesman for Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office. “They’re not actually missing.”

Wilson said that in 2011, there were approximately 236 cases of teens reported “missing” by their families in Kitsap County, “almost one for every day.”

However, a teen must fall within a five-point criteria to be deemed missing and not just a “runaway” by the Sheriff’s Office and Bremerton Police Department

Spokesmen for both departments said that they do not put resources into investigating runaways in their jurisdiction.

Parents of teens who have disappeared in the county in the last year are accusing police of using the distinction between missing person and runaway as an “excuse” to not investigate their children’s disappearance

The criteria to be a missing person are disability, being physically in danger, involuntary “coercion” which could also involve a juvenile and an “overage” adult or disaster victim separated from family, according to Wilson and Lt. Peter Fisher of the Bremerton Police Department.

Star Sierra, mother of 13-year old runaway Rachelle Nopp, said that she spoke with the sheriff’s office about looking for her daughter as a missing person after she ran away on Jan. 3, but was told that her daughter was not considered missing.

“She suffers from depression; she’s a cutter, and she’s 13 years old out on the streets with a 15-year-old boy. How could that not fit criteria for “at risk?” said Sierra.

Sierra said that she was told by Sgt. Jim White, and several other deputies, that since Nopp was classified a runaway, the department did not have the money to look into her case.

“We don’t have resources for runaway cases. They usually resolve themselves in two or three days,” said Wilson. “We have dealt with these many times over by the thousands.”

Nopp’s parents approached the Bremerton police about putting up a flyer in their lobby. The department does not accept or post flyers of runaways.

The U.S. Post Office on National Avenue. also stopped posting flyers of runaways due to “budget cuts,” said Dale Goforth, postmaster. However, the branch said that it is considering putting up flyers again this year.

“It’s truly shocking,” Sierra said. “You can’t even take a picture of her in case you see her around?”

The Naval Criminal Investigative Service eventually intercepted Nopp and Keith Bolstad, her 15-year-old boyfriend in front of Popeye’s Chicken on Wheaton Way. During her weeks away she lived on the streets of Seattle before returning.

The Navy became involved since Bolstad was a military dependent.

Sierra said that NCIS agents responded to their 9-1-1 call at 6 a.m. Jan. 4 within 20 minutes and worked with both families almost every day while the teens were missing, updating them on tips they had received and leads that they were following.

When Bolstad and Nopp were eventually found, NCIS agents were dressed in workout clothes – it was the investigators’ day off, said Angela Goodwin, Nopp’s mother.

“They stopped everything they were doing to help,” Sierra said. “Without the fact that our daughter was with that Navy boy, there’s no telling what would have happened.”

NCIS spokesperson John Salazar confirmed that the Navy did work the Nopp-Bolstad case even though Nopp was not a Navy dependent and that they do not have an investigative team devoted to missing people.

“Good for them, they have the resources to devote to a full-time investigator. Maybe they don’t get too many navy dependents that leave housing on base,” Wilson said.

Fisher said that there are “currently no missing children in the City of Bremerton” according to their definition. The last missing person was in 2006.

Bremerton resident Heather Potter has been searching for her son, David James “DJ” Wellington, 17, for more than a month. Wellington attended Bremerton High School and was last seen Jan. 8.

“The police are supposed to protect and serve but they aren’t doing anything to find our children,” said Potter.

Potter said that Seattle Police Department contacted her a week ago to say that they had her son, but released him before she went to pick him up citing that being a runaway is not a crime.

Wellington was a youth group leader through a foster camp at church, and Potter said that their family had “average hormonal teen problems” but nothing to explain the sudden disappearance.

Miguel Sonny Scott, 19, was last seen at Evergreen Park in Bremerton and has been missing since October 2011. Scott’s family offering a $5600 reward for information that leads to his location, according to their latest flyer.

Scott’s case has been assigned a detective through the sheriff’s office since his disappearance happened soon after a jaw surgery, and the teen might be in danger without his medication.

Cory Brooks, a schoolmate, said that Scott’s family has been asking all of his friends to help post flyers around the neighborhood and talk to people.

“The police aren’t really helping,” Brooks said. “Miguel’s mom is really upset.”

Alexx Michael Lee Ohnemus, 15, was last seen at the Kitsap County Juvenile Detention Center? Jan. 24. His family said they are working with Bremerton Police Department since Ohnemus was on parole violation for skipping school while on the state’s juvenile rehabilitation program.

“We haven’t heard anything back from the police,” said Gary Wynn, Ohnemus’ grandfather. “We’re waiting.”

Sierra said that parents who put their faith in the sheriff’s office or police department are “setting themselves up for disappointment.” She and her partner Goodwin are trying to get the community involved in finding runaway children.

Nopp’s parents formed the Facebook group “Missing Kitsap” after Nopp was found so that families will have a place to post their flyers and share tips or organize search events. The group has expanded to 63 members with requests to expand to include all of Washington. This month, they changed the name to “Missing Washington State.”

Potter said that the community has “given her hope,” especially the Bremerton Foodline, where she visited during the snow storm in case her son was there seeking shelter.

“They sat with me for a long time, I couldn’t stop crying,” Potter said. “They took his photograph and are helping me send it to different groups. They took my phone number and said they would call. The director hugged me so tight. It doesn’t seem like very much, but it meant a lot.”

Goodwin said that Coffee Oasis on Burwell Street also helped when they were looking for Nopp. The nonprofit caters to runaways and at-risk kids with drop-in centers for homeless teens.

“But we’re not the police, and we don’t consider ourselves that. That’s their job,” said Dave Frederick, owner of Coffee Oasis.

Frederick adds that even if a parent is looking for the teen, reconciliation might not be the best thing for the runaway depending on the home situation. However, the group has helped parents reunite with their children in the past.

“Unfortunately, it’s becoming totally up to us to find our missing children,” Potter said. “Who is looking for them? Our children are not back.”

Thread Information