http://www.kiiitv.com/news/local/22699604.html?skipthumb=Y

[size=20pt]Divine Intervention at the Pump[/size]

KIIITV News

Story Created: Jun 29, 2008 at 6:10 PM CDT

Story Updated: Jun 29, 2008 at 7:13 PM CDT

June 29, 2008

You can call it a divine intervention from rising high gas prices.  Several drivers in Sinton were caught by surprise, when a Christian organization was handing out free gas.  It created quite a fuel frenzy.  About a hundred people got the much needed break at the pump all thanks to the local church.  New Beginnings Fellowship in the small community of St. Paul was behind the gas giveaway.  The fellowship is fairly new, and has been sharing space with the Good News Baptist Church for the last year.  Members of the church came up with the free gas idea, saying they simply wanted to give back to the community, and show good things can happen all you have to do is believe.

Bill Churchwell 3 News

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, I am so excited! From what I know this had only been shown on local news but after talking to a friend from illinois he told me he saw it on Fox News. Can anyone else let me know if they saw this yeserday? If you go to the site and watch the video on their I am in the video im the one with the curly hair singing close to the beginning of the video. My church as it says is fairly new and we came together because the church we had been going to had lots of issues and we just didnt like the way it was being run. So we went from about 3 or 4 family to now about 30 people. We are trying really hard to get our name out there and let people know that we are their for our community. We realized that we shouldn't being trying to save up all our money and that we should be getting out there and letting the community know about us. We wanted to do something for EVERYONE in the community, we didnt want to pick or choose the people we gave the gas to because then that would be us judging on who needs the help and who doesn't when everyone right now needs help with this situation. So we decided to take $2000 and give $20 incramints to the first 100 cars :) I was so excited! It reminded me so much of pay it foward because a lot of the people would give us money to put in the cars behind them.

I just thought I would let yall know about some of the good that is going on in my life. I haven't been to happy lately, but this made me feel really good about my life right now. I love helping people and this just made me so happy to be there for everyone in my community.

TLS

p.s. I'm sorry if I did not post right. I am new to this, this is my first thread and I just wanted to let my friends know about this amazing experiance in my life!

p.p.s. Just let me know if I did this wrong I really would like to know the right way to post a thread.