Thread: Has anyone ever had this kind of surgery?

Has anyone ever had this kind of surgery?

I  have a deviated septum due to broken nose from an accident I had as a kid. I have trouble breathing for years. Recently I was told by doctors that should I have a surgery done to repair the septum. I will be having a septorhinoplasty to repair the septum and some misalinged bones in my nose as well as bilateral turbinectomies to repair some other things. I am very nervous about this surgery and the recovery time. I will need to have a cast on my nose for 10 days and a drip pad on for a week and I will have splints inside my nose which will be stiched in. The picture attached kind of shows how my face and nose will look with the cast, spints and drip pad. I'm worried a lot about going into public and how recovery will be. I will be take a week off from work but I will to work a somedays with cast and splints. Has anyone had similar surgeries and can you tell me your experiences.

Re: Has anyone ever had this kind of surgery?

I know at least two people here have had that septum surgery and I'm sure they'll be able to answer some of your questions when she comes on. One is andrea and I can't remember the other one. oops.

I want a nose job super bad.  :2sad:
    A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter.

Re: Has anyone ever had this kind of surgery?

I had a septoplasty done but nothing that severe.  I was out of the drip pad on day two, tubes stayed in for a week but other than my nose looking swollen, it didn't prevent me from going out.

Thread Information