Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
Results 201 to 216 of 216

Thread: Ever tried suicide?

  1. #201
    Senior Member blighted star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    The Fucken Antipodes
    Posts
    8,119
    Rep Power
    21474850
    Edit. Deleted



    I know you said you wouldn't really, but if this shit's in your head this often, you really DO need to act on it. A lot of us have been there &/or lost one or more people we were close to.

    Trust us when we tell you to get yourself to a professional - as in yesterday. REALLY.
    Last edited by blighted star; 05-25-2015 at 12:11 AM.

  2. #202
    Member AmandaGunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    0
    Nope. Only in play. I do think about how it would be like, but I don't really want to die.

  3. #203
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    Yes. Cut my neck, wrist, tried od....

  4. #204
    Senior Member Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    16,367
    Rep Power
    21474857
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman73 View Post
    Yes. Cut my neck, wrist, tried od....
    Well, happy you're still around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

  5. #205
    Administrator mydeathspace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Death Valley
    Posts
    13,492
    Rep Power
    21474861
    Cutting your own neck is hardcore. Superficial cuts or deep?

  6. #206
    Junior Member Torious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm saddened to see there is such a thread as this, but happy to see people have come out of those bad times for the better.

    I lost my friend to suicide ...a long time ago now... for years after that I always found it to be so selfish and could never understand how someone could bring themselves to such a thing.
    However, the last two years I've been suffering clinical depression. I mean, I thought I'd been depressed before, but boy was I wrong! This was something entirely different. I now know what horrible places people can find themselves in. Personally, I never could do it (I don't think) but I have certainly been in that low a place that I said to myself "whoa, I could really just leave right now...and it would be so easy."
    If I ever hear of someone committing suicide now, I often have a little cry. They were obviously so lost, with no hope left.
    Ahh, I don't know. There is ALWAYS a way to carry on. I hope everyone here has come out the other end and has found or is finding that positivity in life. It is there, somewhere!

  7. #207
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Bowie,Md
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    3706834
    When I was 13 I took 500 aspirin and had to have my stomach pumped and was kept in observation for 5 days. When I was 17 I ran a garden hose from my exhaust into my car. I passed out for about 10 minutes when I woke up I had a raging headache and said "fuck it" and went home. When I was 19 I jumped 80ft into the water off the Rt 50 bridge in the middle of the night, walked right down the side of the highway in traffic and lept over the edge. I tore the ass of my pants open and got really bruised up, swam to shore walked back to my car only to find it had been towed and no one reported anyone jumping off the bridge... I've never spoken of those two events to anyone.


    I'm better now... really.

  8. #208
    NOT SAME CAT Fleta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    6,319
    Rep Power
    21474854
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilzAdvocate View Post
    When I was 13 I took 500 aspirin and had to have my stomach pumped and was kept in observation for 5 days. When I was 17 I ran a garden hose from my exhaust into my car. I passed out for about 10 minutes when I woke up I had a raging headache and said "fuck it" and went home. When I was 19 I jumped 80ft into the water off the Rt 50 bridge in the middle of the night, walked right down the side of the highway in traffic and lept over the edge. I tore the ass of my pants open and got really bruised up, swam to shore walked back to my car only to find it had been towed and no one reported anyone jumping off the bridge... I've never spoken of those two events to

    I'm better now... really.
    There's quite a gap between deciding to do it, and actually doing it... and coming out the other side. You are braver than most.

    Really, that's badass. Getting through is badass, but getting through the other sister, even more badass.

  9. #209
    Junior Member Solitarypink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Mt Tremper, NY
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    When I was 21, I drove into the desert and overdosed on OTC sleeping pills, when I awoke from a coma 3 days later, I could not speak or control my limbs. I spent 2 weeks in an inpatient rehab facility to learn to walk again, and another 6 months in outpatient rehab learning how to speak again.

    When I was 27, I threw away everything I owned and slit my throat with a box cutter. When my mom called to see why I never showed up for work, I told her to come get me because I needed to get to a hospital. It took 48 stitches to close the wound and they sent me to the mental ward. They kept me for two weeks and released me. Three months later I was admitted again for an overdose and was on life support. When I finally came to, I was sent right back to the mental ward for another month.

    I have since tried to hang myself, slit my wrists, fell down a flight of stairs and hit my head at the bottom trying to escape impending hospitalization, tried to jump off the second highest bridge in new York state but was caught by the police and sent to another hospital where I spent 6 weeks, had ECT. That's the ones I can remember. I always fail because by the time I am in despair enough to make another attempt, I am usually dissociating or hallucinating so badly that I always fuck it up.

  10. #210
    Senior Member Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    16,367
    Rep Power
    21474857
    Quote Originally Posted by Solitarypink View Post
    When I was 21, I drove into the desert and overdosed on OTC sleeping pills, when I awoke from a coma 3 days later, I could not speak or control my limbs. I spent 2 weeks in an inpatient rehab facility to learn to walk again, and another 6 months in outpatient rehab learning how to speak again.

    When I was 27, I threw away everything I owned and slit my throat with a box cutter. When my mom called to see why I never showed up for work, I told her to come get me because I needed to get to a hospital. It took 48 stitches to close the wound and they sent me to the mental ward. They kept me for two weeks and released me. Three months later I was admitted again for an overdose and was on life support. When I finally came to, I was sent right back to the mental ward for another month.

    I have since tried to hang myself, slit my wrists, fell down a flight of stairs and hit my head at the bottom trying to escape impending hospitalization, tried to jump off the second highest bridge in new York state but was caught by the police and sent to another hospital where I spent 6 weeks, had ECT. That's the ones I can remember. I always fail because by the time I am in despair enough to make another attempt, I am usually dissociating or hallucinating so badly that I always fuck it up.
    Wow. Okay, so are you working with anyone to get to the root of why you keep trying to die? Treatments of any kind? Because your post made me seriously sad to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

  11. #211
    Senior Member Bewitchingstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Posts
    6,254
    Rep Power
    21474845
    I agree, that is very sad and I hope you are receiving therapy.


    DISCLAIMER: The following quotes are not in reference to your loved one. They are quotes found to be funny in regard to much older cases.

    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post

    Okay this is the part where I admit he's kind of pretty, or at least he would be if he hadn't killed his sister and smeared poo on her candy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post

    Is she scowling in every pic, or is that her unfortunate face?!?

  12. #212
    Junior Member Solitarypink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Mt Tremper, NY
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    The root is my father trying to drown me in the bathtub when I was three. I have been in treatment ever since my first attempt. Nothing has helped and things continue to get worse as time goes by. That's why I'm saying that everyone should have the right to end their lives if they truly are in misery with no hope of recovery.

  13. #213
    Senior Member puke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Wheaton, IL
    Posts
    2,433
    Rep Power
    21474850
    Quote Originally Posted by Solitarypink View Post
    When I was 21, I drove into the desert and overdosed on OTC sleeping pills, when I awoke from a coma 3 days later, I could not speak or control my limbs. I spent 2 weeks in an inpatient rehab facility to learn to walk again, and another 6 months in outpatient rehab learning how to speak again.

    When I was 27, I threw away everything I owned and slit my throat with a box cutter. When my mom called to see why I never showed up for work, I told her to come get me because I needed to get to a hospital. It took 48 stitches to close the wound and they sent me to the mental ward. They kept me for two weeks and released me. Three months later I was admitted again for an overdose and was on life support. When I finally came to, I was sent right back to the mental ward for another month.

    I have since tried to hang myself, slit my wrists, fell down a flight of stairs and hit my head at the bottom trying to escape impending hospitalization, tried to jump off the second highest bridge in new York state but was caught by the police and sent to another hospital where I spent 6 weeks, had ECT. That's the ones I can remember. I always fail because by the time I am in despair enough to make another attempt, I am usually dissociating or hallucinating so badly that I always fuck it up.
    That's the most horrible story i've ever heard. Stop trying to kill yourself.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us.

  14. #214
    Senior Member wondery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    rockin' the suburbs
    Posts
    603
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Solitarypink View Post
    The root is my father trying to drown me in the bathtub when I was three. I have been in treatment ever since my first attempt. Nothing has helped and things continue to get worse as time goes by. That's why I'm saying that everyone should have the right to end their lives if they truly are in misery with no hope of recovery.
    Ok, Solitarypink - I'm thinking about you and see you haven't posted recently. Are you ok?

    I do not know what to say other than please, please, please stop trying to kill yourself. That's the only prevention method I know - to ask you how you are. Life can be better. I swear it can.

  15. #215
    Senior Member daisylane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,688
    Rep Power
    21367466
    Quote Originally Posted by wondery View Post
    Ok, Solitarypink - I'm thinking about you and see you haven't posted recently. Are you ok?

    I do not know what to say other than please, please, please stop trying to kill yourself. That's the only prevention method I know - to ask you how you are. Life can be better. I swear it can.
    Naw, Wondery you're lovely.

    That's a thought - have we checked on those who have posted in here and kind of disappeared?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

  16. #216
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0
    Amen ....busybodies!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •