Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever tried suicide?

Re: Ever tried suicide?

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=14851.msg1324353#msg1324353 date=1246860627]
    There is a huge difference between cries for help and sticking a gun in your mouth only to have the bullet freakishly miss finishing you off.
    My friend's dad just killed himself. He failed the first time. Made it work the second.
    [/quote]

Oh I agree. I think if you eat a bullet, you aren't expecting a comeback.

[quote author=fishes298 link=topic=14851.msg1324180#msg1324180 date=1246846960]
    wait, so was he conscious the whole time? :(

sorry about the PTSD stress dreams i get them a lot too. i hate dreaming especially during the day it is worst for some reason
    [/quote]

i don't know that he was conscious the whole time, but he was after they did surgery.  his bloodpressure would rise when he heard certain voices, basically anyone he knew.  but he was brain dead, so it was beast to unplug him.  he was an organ donnor and saved four lives.  it was kind of his final, 'see i'm not completely a selfish dick' move.  ugh, i miss him.  :(

Wow ... I'm actually gonna go public with this ... so before you smite/slam me please understand that it's taken a lot of nerve for me to type this ...

yes, I've tried. Numerous times. And I feel like a complete failure because I couldn't even do that right.

Now, because I still have suicidal tendancies, I'm limited on medications that can be prescribed.

The only family I have left is my tween. If it weren't for her, I'd surely would've have gotten it right by now. She's the only reason plain and simple why I am still here.

Two years ago I had a severe (I mean severe) bout of depression and was becoming quite comfortably numb. The only reason I didn't follow through was because I began having thoughts of my girl trying to cope with my death. I can't intentionally put her through that pain despite mine.

Саша VIIXIVMMIX

[quote author=U25150 link=topic=14851.msg1328281#msg1328281 date=1247119368]
    Wow ... I'm actually gonna go public with this ... so before you smite/slam me please understand that it's taken a lot of nerve for me to type this ...

yes, I've tried. Numerous times. And I feel like a complete failure because I couldn't even do that right.

Now, because I still have suicidal tendancies, I'm limited on medications that can be prescribed.

The only family I have left is my tween. If it weren't for her, I'd surely would've have gotten it right by now. She's the only reason plain and simple why I am still here.

Two years ago I had a severe (I mean severe) bout of depression and was becoming quite comfortably numb. The only reason I didn't follow through was because I began having thoughts of my girl trying to cope with my death. I can't intentionally put her through that pain despite mine.

[/quote]

[quote author=U25150 link=topic=14851.msg1328281#msg1328281 date=1247119368]
    [/quote]I know that feeling!  :2abused: 
    Sharing is good. Thanks for sharing. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=14851.msg906777#msg906777 date=1214447619]
    Not trying to be a dick or anything, but I'd start by removing the pictures of drugs you have all over your profile.

It's interesting how the profiles of the deceased on MDS sometimes have photos of guns and drugs........ and then amazingly, they are shot to death in a drug deal gone wrong.

Good luck to you sir.
    [/quote]

Couldn't have said it better myself.  Thank you for having a brain. :]

A couple of years ago, I had the very worst winter of my life. I was more depressed than I'd ever been; unable to sleep, unable to eat, and constantly crying for absolutely no reason. I remember one day at work (I was a cashier at a grocery store), I was in the middle of transaction when I just started bawling and was sent home. I went to a psychologist and was diagnosed with S.A.D. (seasonal affective disorder) and was just an absolute mess. Every day I was so sure that it'd be my last, I was sure that I'd hit the all time low and just end it, but there'd always be a moment that would change my mind, you know? Like, my mom would say something that made me remember that I'd break her heart if I did it. But then there was the day that I found out that my boyfriend of two years was cheating on me and that was it. My mom was at work and I decided that I'd end it. I pulled my car into the garage, closed the door, put on some super sappy music (Damien Rice, maybe?), and just waited. I don't know how it works, as I obviously didn't succeed, but it must've been beginning to work or whatever, because my eyelids started getting really heavy. I actually kind of challenged myself to see how long I could keep them open but it started getting more and more difficult. I must've been so close because I couldn't see anything but then I started to hear this LOUDLOUD banging and a moment later the door opened. It was my boyfriend and he was yelling at me when he opened the door and literally dragged me out of my car and the garage. I honestly have never told anyone about this. Me and him are the only ones that know about that, and now you guys.

[quote author=babydoll link=topic=14851.msg1367253#msg1367253 date=1250833944]
    A couple of years ago, I had the very worst winter of my life. I was more depressed than I'd ever been; unable to sleep, unable to eat, and constantly crying for absolutely no reason. I remember one day at work (I was a cashier at a grocery store), I was in the middle of transaction when I just started bawling and was sent home. I went to a psychologist and was diagnosed with S.A.D. (seasonal affective disorder) and was just an absolute mess. Every day I was so sure that it'd be my last, I was sure that I'd hit the all time low and just end it, but there'd always be a moment that would change my mind, you know? Like, my mom would say something that made me remember that I'd break her heart if I did it. But then there was the day that I found out that my boyfriend of two years was cheating on me and that was it. My mom was at work and I decided that I'd end it. I pulled my car into the garage, closed the door, put on some super sappy music (Damien Rice, maybe?), and just waited. I don't know how it works, as I obviously didn't succeed, but it must've been beginning to work or whatever, because my eyelids started getting really heavy. I actually kind of challenged myself to see how long I could keep them open but it started getting more and more difficult. I must've been so close because I couldn't see anything but then I started to hear this LOUDLOUD banging and a moment later the door opened. It was my boyfriend and he was yelling at me when he opened the door and literally dragged me out of my car and the garage. I honestly have never told anyone about this. Me and him are the only ones that know about that, and now you guys.
    [/quote]

P.S. I see now how selfish suicide is and would never try to commit it again. I wasn't in the healthiest frame of mind during that time.

[quote author=babydoll link=topic=14851.msg1367255#msg1367255 date=1250834395]
    P.S. I see now how selfish suicide is and would never try to commit it again. I wasn't in the healthiest frame of mind during that time.
    [/quote]

thanks for sharing :) it's ok.

winters are horrible. where do you live? i live in southern california and i still get pretty damn depressed in the 60 degree weather =X embarassing right?
    Don't make me feel any colder...Time is like a clock in my heart...

[quote author=fishes298 link=topic=14851.msg1369513#msg1369513 date=1251095585]

winters are horrible. where do you live? i live in southern california and i still get pretty damn depressed in the 60 degree weather =X embarassing right?
    [/quote]

don't be embarassed.  i don't think seasonal depression has much to do with the weather, it's more a lack of sun light i believe.  winters are the worst, but i try to find ways to embrace them.  and if winter wasn't so bad and spring wasn't so bipolar than summer and fall would never be so lovely, right?  ;) 

[quote author=fishes298 link=topic=14851.msg1369513#msg1369513 date=1251095585]

[/quote]

I live in Illinois, the midwest. Winters are so harsh here! And that's not embarrassing at all, love! :)

[quote author=emmieslost link=topic=14851.msg1369586#msg1369586 date=1251118254]
    don't be embarassed.  i don't think seasonal depression has much to do with the weather, it's more a lack of sun light i believe.  winters are the worst, but i try to find ways to embrace them.  and if winter wasn't so bad and spring wasn't so bipolar than summer and fall would never be so lovely, right?  ;) 
    [/quote]

You're absolutely right. It's all about sunlight and there's hardly any of it during the winter here. But you're right.. summer wouldn't be nearly as big of an event to me if it weren't for the other seasons. :)

[quote author=babydoll link=topic=14851.msg1369714#msg1369714 date=1251138810]
    I live in Illinois, the midwest. Winters are so harsh here! And that's not embarrassing at all, love! :)

[/quote]

Illinois winters are the absolute worst!  The ground is brown and the fields barren and there isn't much snow and the trees are naked and yuck!  I told my husband I couldn't live in Illinois (his home state).  We're in Wisconsin and it's at least pretty here in the winter.

never actually attempted to. Too afraid of failing. Now, if asked have I ever thought of suicide? My answer would be daily.

about twice, but only once i was sure i was gonna die. the usual pills+alcohol combo. And i think the worse feeling in the world is not knowing that you are gonna die, its waking up knowing that for whatever reason you are still not dead and that dreadful feeling of thinking that im such a failure cant even die right.

but hey life goes on and now im glad i didnt. :)

13 attempts since 1993

5 by hanging, Got found each time

6 by drug overdose

1 by slit wrists

1 by gun but the damn gun jammed

have not attempted again since 2007, the only reason i did then was i relapsed and got really depressed about it
    <br />It&#39;s always funny until someone gets hurt, And then it&#39;s fucking hilarious

[quote author=napalmdave link=topic=14851.msg1641522#msg1641522 date=1275837860]
    13 attempts since 1993

6 by drug overdose

1 by slit wrists

have not attempted again since 2007, the only reason i did then was i relapsed and got really depressed about it
    [/quote]

&nbsp;

[quote author=jeneria link=topic=14851.msg922127#msg922127 date=1215545619]
    I also know my triggers--some are seasonal (mania in winter running december until i crash in february and depression in summer running july to september); most are related to stress.&nbsp; I have to constantly monitor my moods and if I feel they're getting away from me, I have to take time to try and rein them in.

[/quote]

Yes ma'am. Same here. Love winter, dread summer. The heat, the amount of sunlight, all of these can be triggers for me. Summer is hard, especially in Texas.

[quote author=NapalmDave))) link=topic=14851.msg1641522#msg1641522 date=1275837860]
    13 attempts since 1993

6 by drug overdose

1 by slit wrists

[/quote]

Was your last attempt because of depression? I mean depression from failing so much?

I am glad you gave up though. It is best to just quit something you aren't good at.
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

[quote author=Chauncy link=topic=14851.msg1646194#msg1646194 date=1276414580]

Was your last attempt because of depression? I mean depression from failing so much?

I am glad you gave up though. It is best to just quit something you aren't good at.
    [/quote]Thats just real funny man :|
    <br />It&#39;s always funny until someone gets hurt, And then it&#39;s fucking hilarious

[quote author=NapalmDave))) link=topic=14851.msg1646245#msg1646245 date=1276436988]
    Thats just real funny man :|
    [/quote]Well I've enjoyed reading your posts, so I hope you don't try again.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=NapalmDave))) link=topic=14851.msg1646245#msg1646245 date=1276436988]
    Thats just real funny man :|
    [/quote]
    Yep, that's [s]Wick[/s] Chaunce. It's also why we can't have nice things.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=ICDEDPPL link=topic=14851.msg1646269#msg1646269 date=1276441870]
    Well I've enjoyed reading your posts, so I hope you don't try again.
    [/quote]
    This
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=14851.msg1646319#msg1646319 date=1276447861]
    Yep, that's [s]Wick[/s] Chaunce. It's also why we can't have nice things.
    [/quote]

What nice things? C'mon the guy got caught hanging himself 5 times. Tried to OD 6 times?It is obvious he wants to live. I guess i have faith in him.

Sorry, Ill make the typical post.

Sorry you tried to kill yourself 13 times.&nbsp; &nbsp;
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=Chauncy link=topic=14851.msg1646745#msg1646745 date=1276486384]
    What nice things? C'mon the guy got caught hanging himself 5 times. Tried to OD 6 times?It is obvious he wants to live. I guess i have faith in him.

Sorry, Ill make the typical post.

Sorry you tried to kill yourself 13 times.&nbsp; &nbsp;
    [/quote]
    :lol: Exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

I guess i have to state for the record that I in no way want Dave to kill himself.

I guess i just like to treat people like humans, and not retards that need to be coddled like kids. I believe in people that battle depression. Dave has overcome.

But Dave, I really hope you do not attempt to kill yourself again. Hanging will weaken the neck muscles, you may have trouble sleeping at night. Overdosing isn't fun either. You will really cause damage to your insides and will develop acid reflux. Slitting wrists are annoying because those scabs are hard to heal, and guns jamming will cause you to develop arthritis in your trigger finger.&nbsp; :kiss3:

So live. Everyone live.

Thread Information