Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever tried suicide?

Re: Ever tried suicide?

[quote author=AstridAsteroid link=topic=14851.msg922649#msg922649 date=1215562127]
    *ahem* Why don't you go to church? Like, in all seriousness.... life can't be that hard-- it's what you make it. And I'm not going to lie. I am quite disturbed by your profile. You should do a 180 and find God and stop killing people... if that's, indeed, what you do.

But seriously, dude... get help. Meds and psychs aren't all that bad.... I know it's hard sometimes, believe me, cos I'm bipolar(nos), hypomanic and borderline and I have seriously thought about placing myself and a hair dryer in a full bathtub, but... I'm always too chicken. Anyway, just hang in there dude... I'm sure you have a shitton of stuff to live for but you don't even realise it. And, if it makes you feel any better, Pisces are known for being abusers and users of substances, pretty hardcore... (just noticed you were a Pisces on your myspace... I figured you were a Virgo like me cos we're the ones who wanna kill ourselves cos our overactive minds).... but... IDK. Sorry if any of this offended you but come on... if you're gonna kill yourself... wait an hour... then wait another hour.... and another... it'll pass. Please be safe!!!!!
    [/quote]

What  :?

:lol:

[quote author=AstridAsteroid link=topic=14851.msg922649#msg922649 date=1215562127]
    *ahem* Why don't you go to church? Like, in all seriousness.... life can't be that hard-- it's what you make it. And I'm not going to lie. I am quite disturbed by your profile. You should do a 180 and find God and stop killing people... if that's, indeed, what you do.

[/quote]

You're one to talk. You're one of the biggest whiners around here.
    A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter.

[quote author=turtlenads link=topic=14851.msg922695#msg922695 date=1215563147]

You're one to talk. You're one of the biggest whiners around here.
    [/quote]

Are you serious?? I was just trying to fucking help, you asshole.

[quote author=AstridAsteroid link=topic=14851.msg922710#msg922710 date=1215563670]
    Are you serious?? I was just trying to fucking help, you asshole.
    [/quote]

Yeah, I was serious.

[quote author=turtlenads link=topic=14851.msg922712#msg922712 date=1215563732]
    Yeah, I was serious.
    [/quote]

Honestly, I'm not sure you belong in this thread. IDK what your story is or any of that, but people who are suicidal do NOT need triggers from others to rationalise their behaviour. I'm suicidal. I know how this guy feels. I've never been addicted to hardcore street drugs but I have had MANY a day where I wanted to kill myself. My Dad left my Mom when I was 17--- the time in my life when I needed him around the most. I'm sorry I didn't grow up in the streets or have to scrape for food growing up, but everyone has a different background and a different story and there are so many things that can cause depression and anxiety, no matter where you come from. I don't like being ridiculed when I try to help someone. That's not fucking cool. At all.

[quote author=AstridAsteroid link=topic=14851.msg922721#msg922721 date=1215563920]
    Honestly, I'm not sure you belong in this thread. IDK what your story is or any of that, but people who are suicidal do NOT need triggers from others to rationalise their behaviour. I'm suicidal. I know how this guy feels. I've never been addicted to hardcore street drugs but I have had MANY a day where I wanted to kill myself. My Dad left my Mom when I was 17--- the time in my life when I needed him around the most. I'm sorry I didn't grow up in the streets or have to scrape for food growing up, but everyone has a different background and a different story and there are so many things that can cause depression and anxiety, no matter where you come from. I don't like being ridiculed when I try to help someone. That's not fucking cool. At all.
    [/quote]

Yeah, you're not whiny at all.  :roll:

Sorry, but when someone reaches out here and a poster responds with "Like, in all serious, life can't be that hard", how is that helpful? Does not that come across as the least bit condescending to you??

[quote author=turtlenads link=topic=14851.msg922727#msg922727 date=1215564106]
    Yeah, you're not whiny at all.  :roll:

Sorry, but when someone reaches out here and a poster responds with "Like, in all serious, life can't be that hard", how is that helpful? Does not that come across as the least bit condescending to you??

[/quote]

I wasn't *trying* to be condescending... I tell people that when they're down to make them realise that it could be much, much worse.. he doesn't look homeless or starving... he doesn't look like he is friendless or without family.... he looks like he does pretty well for himself in life... I just know that when I'm feeling suicidal and call upon a friend, I like to hear that "life can't be that bad." I can't help that I'm chemically unbalanced.

life can't be that hard?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote author=Natasha_XO link=topic=14851.msg922750#msg922750 date=1215564799]
    life can't be that hard?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    [/quote]

I always appreciate when my friends tell me to suck it up when I'm down.

Having an emotional illness doesnt make you an expert on dealing with other people who have emotional illnesses, Astrid. I know you meant well, but it came out harsh.
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

[quote author=turtlenads link=topic=14851.msg922763#msg922763 date=1215565116]
    I always appreciate when my friends tell me to suck it up when I'm down.
    [/quote]

IDK telling someone to stop whining and be thankful for what they have is a good kick in the pants to get them to wake up. I find when people sympathise with me IRL (mind you) that it just makes me even more sad and self-loathing. You have to balance the bright side with reality when you're trying to console those who are suicidal.

And CM, I understand how it could have come out harsh but for fuck sake, this is a MESSAGE board, not a hotline... a lot of people read things the wrong way.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=AstridAsteroid link=topic=14851.msg922771#msg922771 date=1215565380]
    IDK telling someone to stop whining and be thankful for what they have is a good kick in the pants to get them to wake up. I find when people sympathise with me IRL (mind you) that it just makes me even more sad and self-loathing. You have to balance the bright side with reality when you're trying to console those who are suicidal.

And CM, I understand how it could have come out harsh but for fuck sake, this is a MESSAGE board, not a hotline... a lot of people read things the wrong way.
    [/quote]
    Well your way of dealing with things may not be the best for everyone.
    And when someone reaches out for help, the suck-it-up response doesn't seem like a reasonable way of going about things if you ask me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=14851.msg922786#msg922786 date=1215566081]
    Well your way of dealing with things may not be the best for everyone.
    And when someone reaches out for help, the suck-it-up response doesn't seem like a reasonable way of going about things if you ask me.
    [/quote]

Sorry for trying to help. Jesus.

And wait--- I'm almost positive that every time *I've* reached out for help here, I've gotten nothing but smart ass, totally unconcerned responses.

[quote author=AstridAsteroid link=topic=14851.msg922795#msg922795 date=1215566401]

And wait--- I'm almost positive that every time *I've* reached out for help here, I've gotten nothing but smart ass, totally unconcerned responses.
    [/quote]

So you have decided to do it to someone that did nothing to you on the forum? Thats not smart and not a very good thread to do it in.

[quote author=AstridAsteroid link=topic=14851.msg922795#msg922795 date=1215566401]
    Sorry for trying to help. Jesus.

[/quote]
    Hey, any advice I have given you was good, honest and sincere.

[quote author=Laurie_khikhi link=topic=14851.msg922808#msg922808 date=1215566839]

So you have decided to do it to someone that did nothing to you on the forum? Thats not smart and not a very good thread to do it in.

[/quote]

I'm sorry, you must have missed where I said I was NOT trying to be condescending. It's how I fucking deal with things IRL and how people tend to deal with me so WTF is your problem???

*ahem* Why don't you go to church? Like, in all seriousness....
    [/quote]

Church? Really? Last time I was in church (my friends dragged me), they showed clips of the movie Titanic and then dissected it and told us all how the ship sank because they were all sinners and God was punishing them. I'm sure that's what a depressed person needs to hear - that they're sinners who are going to die because they've pissed God off.

And, if it makes you feel any better, Pisces are known for being abusers and users of substances, pretty hardcore... (just noticed you were a Pisces on your myspace... I figured you were a Virgo like me cos we're the ones who wanna kill ourselves cos our overactive minds)
    [/quote]

I'll ignore the church/religion part.  I totally believe in a higher power and that being spiritual is important, but I've found organized religion to house some of the most discriminatory and judgmental people, especially when it comes to mental illness.  The whole idea that if you pray God will fix it is disturbing and disheartening. especially when it doesn't come so easily.

Pisces, as you pointed out, are prone to self-medication.  Especially those with Pisces sun signs (which is how you see the world, a moon sign is how you react to the world, and your rising is how the world sees you.  I'm totally fucked because I'm a Pisces sun, Pisces moon, Scorpio rising with no earth in my chart to ground me).  Pisces are also prone to depression.  They are water signs and tend to react to the world with empathy and emotion and after awhile, that weighs on a person. 

Virgos are the polar opposite of a Pisces which is why they either get along famously or can't stand to be in the same room as one another.

[quote author=Kyniska link=topic=14851.msg923028#msg923028 date=1215572973]
    Church? Really? Last time I was in church (my friends dragged me), they showed clips of the movie Titanic and then dissected it and told us all how the ship sank because they were all sinners and God was punishing them. I'm sure that's what a depressed person needs to hear - that they're sinners who are going to die because they've pissed God off.
    [/quote]
    Wait...what? You're fuckin kidding me.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=14851.msg923060#msg923060 date=1215574927]
    Wait...what? You're fuckin kidding me.
    [/quote]

I only wish I was kidding, but no, they really did. It was a service the same day as the baptism of two teenagers (one my friend, and another girl) where there were a lot of young people in attendance - I think the idea was that if they used a modern movie then they'd be making it relevant for us young people and blah blah blah.

Needless to say it backfired horribly amongst those of us who were there to support our friends but weren't on the 'yay for God' team. (And in particular pissed me off because I'm a huge Titanic buff, and how incredibly disrepectful and wrong-headed of them was it to say all the victims were sinners who essentially got what was coming to them? It was two years ago and I'm *still* fuming about it. And I haven't set foot in a church since.)

[quote author=Kyniska link=topic=14851.msg923166#msg923166 date=1215579068]
    I only wish I was kidding, but no, they really did. It was a service the same day as the baptism of two teenagers (one my friend, and another girl) where there were a lot of young people in attendance - I think the idea was that if they used a modern movie then they'd be making it relevant for us young people and blah blah blah.

Needless to say it backfired horribly amongst those of us who were there to support our friends but weren't on the 'yay for God' team. (And in particular pissed me off because I'm a huge Titanic buff, and how incredibly disrepectful and wrong-headed of them was it to say all the victims were sinners who essentially got what was coming to them? It was two years ago and I'm *still* fuming about it. And I haven't set foot in a church since.)

[/quote]
    I don't blame you.
    That is some crazy shit. I can not believe that. I hate the whole 'they deserved it' concept.
    It's very easy to say that anytime anything bad happens to any it's because of them being evil and deserving it.
    I don't believe in that shit one bit, but I don't believe in karma either.

I've never understood the whole concept of divine retribution. 'God is merciful and forgiving, but look at your neighbour cock-eyed and he'll strike you down like a son of a bitch' just doesn't seem right to me. (Although, I think it requires a belief in God and taking a lot on faith to swallow that one anyway).

It's just so completely illogical. Every single person who's ever been the victim of a manmade (or natural) disaster was a sinner? Pfft. Sometimes randomly bad shit happens to people and there's nothing karmic about it. 

Ik achukmo-Tikba-Kafi Beth-Deth's Avatar

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=14851.msg923175#msg923175 date=1215579243]
    I don't blame you.
    That is some crazy shit. I can not believe that. I hate the whole 'they deserved it' concept.
    It's very easy to say that anytime anything bad happens to any it's because of them being evil and deserving it.
    I don't believe in that shit one bit, but I don't believe in karma either.
    [/quote]

-1??? J/k  :lol:

"The female of the species, is more deadly than the male."

mydeathspace

[quote author=Kyniska link=topic=14851.msg923028#msg923028 date=1215572973]

[/quote]

That is hilarious!  :lol:

But here are a few answers I like:

Lousy Rivets

Iceberg

The Irish (builders of the Titanic)

But seriously, dude... get help. Meds and psychs aren't all that bad.... I know it's hard sometimes, believe me, cos I'm bipolar(nos), hypomanic and borderline and I have seriously thought about placing myself and a hair dryer in a full bathtub, but... I'm always too chicken. Anyway, just hang in there dude... I'm sure you have a shitton of stuff to live for but you don't even realise it. And, if it makes you feel any better, Pisces are known for being abusers and users of substances, pretty hardcore... (just noticed you were a Pisces on your myspace... I figured you were a Virgo like me cos we're the ones who wanna kill ourselves cos our overactive minds).... but... IDK. Sorry if any of this offended you but come on... if you're gonna kill yourself... wait an hour... then wait another hour.... and another... it'll pass. Please be safe!!!!!
    [/quote]

Thread Information