Thread: Man lost arm to gator yesterday, arm recovered today

Senior Member A Midnight Dreary's Avatar

Man lost arm to gator yesterday, arm recovered today

OKEECHOBEE, FL -- An 18-year-old attempted to swim across a canal near Lake Okeechobee despite warnings from friends and lost his arm to an 11-foot alligator.

Florida Fish and Wildlife responded to the scene, and eventually pulled the 11-foot gator out of the water.

The alligator was euthanized, and during a necropsy, investigators found Edwards' arm.  The arm was not in a condition that would allow it to be surgically reattached.
    http://www.wptv.com/content/breakingnews/story.aspx?content_id=8f3de6ec-9669-44a4-92b5-05c725bce79b

Re: Man lost arm to gator yesterday, arm recovered today

Why would anyone swim across a canal that was known to have gators?? I feel sorry for him for losing his arm, but come on...wtf would possess you to do that?

Well, hopefully the guy will be okay and can lead a normal life. I wonder what he'll do with his arm though. Bury it? Try to preserve it?
    Try to realize it&#39;s all within yourself. No one else can make you change. And to see you&#39;re really only very small. And life flows on within you and without you.<br /><br />--George Harrison--

Now featuring creatures. Creature Feature's Avatar

I would definitely stuff and mount my arm just for the wtf value when i have guests.

Or just carry it around and poke people with it. No way i could bury it

[quote author=Creature Feature link=topic=14828.msg904306#msg904306 date=1214286859]
    I would definitely stuff and mount my arm just for the wtf value when i have guests.[/quote]
    Haha.&nbsp; Kinda like the Farside with the dog's and a hand mounted on the wall.&nbsp; &quot;And that's the hand that fed me&quot;.

Thread Information