Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Recipes you LOVE!!! Post 'em here!

Re: Recipes you LOVE!!! Post 'em here!

[quote author=alexinmn link=topic=14757.msg911621#msg911621 date=1214854293]
    From the food network website:

Chicago Style Pizza

Chicago Style Pizza
    Pizza Dough:
    16 ounces water
    1/8-ounce yeast
    1/2-ounce salt
    2 pounds bread flour
    1/4 cup olive oil
    1/4 cup cornmeal
    Toppings:
    2 cups tomato sauce, jar or homemade
    2 cups shredded mozzarella
    1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
    1/2 cup spinach, shredded
    1/2 cup grated Romano
    1/2 cup sliced pepperoni
    1/2 cup grated Parmesan

In a mixer combine the water and the yeast and allow the yeast to dissolve. Add the remaining ingredients except for the cornmeal and begin to mix the dough using a dough hook on low speed. Once a ball is formed mix on medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes until the dough becomes elastic and smooth. Remove from the mixer and place in a bowl coated with olive oil. Allow the dough to rest for approximately 4 hours. Once the dough is rested, place on flat surface and dust with some flour.
    Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a deep baking dish or deep dish pizza pan, spread the dough using your fingers at the bottom of the pan and make sure to have enough dough to come up the sides of the pan approximately 1/2-inch high.
    Begin by placing a layer of the mozzarella cheese on the bottom of the crust. Add the tomato sauce and all of the toppings. Place in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes until golden and crispy.
    [/quote]

Sounds lush.

Il try it a day when I don't pull a sickie and can actually leave the house :lol:

I buy a lot of tilapia because it's cheap and I love fish, but it tends to get dry when I bake it. I'm gonna try this recipe tonight and see how it turns out...

Baked Tilapia with Parmesan Cheese

4 Tilapia fillets (about 4-6oz per fillet)
    3 Tbsp Lite Ranch Dressing
    4 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese
    Lemon JuiceLite
    Salt

Directions:
    Lay fillets out on a cookie sheet and lightly salt each piece. Spread lite ranch dressing over each fillet. It doesn't have to be thick or opaque, so you may not use all of the dressing. Sprinkle each fillet with parmesan cheese. Squirt with a little lemon juice. Bake for 12 minutes for each of thickness at 375 degrees uncovered. Also serve with a lemon slice on each plate for those who want a little more lemon flavor.
    The fish bakes up so nice and the parmesan cheese begins to brown a little and have a little crunch to it, TIP...cover the pan in foil before you bake and you won't have to worry about clean up..just pick up the four corners of the foil and fold into a pouch, discard and take the garbage out.

A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter.

I love tilapia too nads!! Let me know how it turns out!!

Ik achukmo-Tikba-Kafi Beth-Deth's Avatar

[quote author=turtlenads link=topic=14757.msg912744#msg912744 date=1214937413]
    I buy a lot of tilapia because it's cheap and I love fish, but it tends to get dry when I bake it. I'm gonna try this recipe tonight and see how it turns out...

Baked Tilapia with Parmesan Cheese

4 Tilapia fillets (about 4-6oz per fillet)
    3 Tbsp Lite Ranch Dressing
    4 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese
    Lemon JuiceLite
    Salt

Directions:
    Lay fillets out on a cookie sheet and lightly salt each piece. Spread lite ranch dressing over each fillet. It doesn't have to be thick or opaque, so you may not use all of the dressing. Sprinkle each fillet with parmesan cheese. Squirt with a little lemon juice. Bake for 12 minutes for each of thickness at 375 degrees uncovered. Also serve with a lemon slice on each plate for those who want a little more lemon flavor.
    The fish bakes up so nice and the parmesan cheese begins to brown a little and have a little crunch to it, TIP...cover the pan in foil before you bake and you won't have to worry about clean up..just pick up the four corners of the foil and fold into a pouch, discard and take the garbage out.

[/quote]

OOOH! I have to know how this turns out. Be a dear and let us know?? 
    We love fish too, and ANY new way of cooking it sounds awesome. You need to try the Salmon recipe I posted. It isnt that expensive. Each 10 oz piece is only like 4-6 dollars here. What are prices like there?

"The female of the species, is more deadly than the male."

Please, can we stop calling it "Chicago Style Pizza".  It's a casserole no matter how you try to defend it.

I don't really have an actula recipe, this is just how I do it:

4-6 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1 can of cream of mushroom soup
    1/2 cup of milk
    About 2 cups of prepared wild rice(you can just cook a box of Uncle Ben's instant and thats just the right amount)
    8 oz of shredded mild cheddar

Preheat oven at 350.
    Cook the wild rice ahead of time and let it cool off a little.
    Slice the chicken breasts so they are kind of flat and open, that way you can roll them.
    Once the rice has cooled, put a few spoonfuls on each chicken breast and roll. Put them in a glass baking dish.
    Cook the cream of mushroom soup with about a half a cup of milk so that it thins out just a little(it just takes a few minutes).
    Pour soup over chicken breasts in pan and sprinkle shredded cheese on top. Cover with foil and bake for about 45 minutes(depending on size of chicken breasts).
    Oh and remove foil for the last 15-20 minutes so the cheese melts and gets a little brown.

:-D

White Castle Casserole:

Crisco (use lard or melted butter if you don't have Crisco)
    White Castle Sliders (You can substitute McD's cheeseburgers if you need to)
    Tater Tots
    Chunky Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
    Velveeta
    Baco-Bits Brand Bacon Flavored Bits

Take a casserole dish and run the inside with Crisco (or lard), then take the sliders (or cheeseburgers) and line the bottom, buns and all, press them down a little bit so you have a solid layer of burger, then our over the Creamy chicken soup.  Once you get about a ¼ in of soup covering the burgers, cover the soup in a layer of tater tots.  Cover the tater tots with the Velveeta then throw some Baco-Bits Brand Bacon Flavored Bits on-top.  Stick it in the oven for about 45 minutes at about 350 Degrees.  Take it out, let it cool, and then enjoy the White Castle goodness.

[quote author=turtlenads link=topic=14757.msg914083#msg914083 date=1215013493]
    White Castle Casserole:

Tater Tots
    Velveeta

Take a casserole dish and run the inside with Crisco (or lard), then take the sliders (or cheeseburgers) and line the bottom, buns and all, press them down a little bit so you have a solid layer of burger, then our over the Creamy chicken soup.  Once you get about a ¼ in of soup covering the burgers, cover the soup in a layer of tater tots.  Cover the tater tots with the Velveeta then throw some Baco-Bits Brand Bacon Flavored Bits on-top.  Stick it in the oven for about 45 minutes at about 350 Degrees.  Take it out, let it cool, and then enjoy the White Castle goodness.

[/quote]

That actually sounds REALLY good...should I expect the heart attack soon after eating it :lol:

Vegan macaroni and cheese
    preheat oven to 350
    make one box of elbow macaroni, drain and mix 1 Tbsp of brown mustard into it and put it in a 9x13 baking dish

1 1/2 cups of soy milk
    1 1/2 cups of water
    1 Tbsp. of salt
    1 Tbsp. paprika
    1 Tbsp. of garlic powder or 3 garlic cloves minced
    1/2 cup tamari
    1/2 cup nutritional yeast
    1/4 block of firm tofu

^mix these all in a blender for 30-40 seconds. After this is all mixed pour 1 cup of vegetable oil slowly  in while the blender is running.

pour this mixture over the noodles and bake for 25-30 minutes.

I make this for my family a few times a month and have brought it to many potlucks. Everyone loves it!

[quote author=dogday link=topic=14757.msg915546#msg915546 date=1215095007]
    Vegan macaroni and cheese
    preheat oven to 350
    make one box of elbow macaroni, drain and mix 1 Tbsp of brown mustard into it and put it in a 9x13 baking dish

1 1/2 cups of soy milk
    1 1/2 cups of water
    1 Tbsp. of salt
    1 Tbsp. paprika
    1 Tbsp. of garlic powder or 3 garlic cloves minced
    1/2 cup tamari
    1/2 cup nutritional yeast
    1/4 block of firm tofu

^mix these all in a blender for 30-40 seconds. After this is all mixed pour 1 cup of vegetable oil slowly  in while the blender is running.

pour this mixture over the noodles and bake for 25-30 minutes.

I make this for my family a few times a month and have brought it to many potlucks. Everyone loves it!

[/quote]

Hmmm. I am looking for a few veggie recipes. My daughters are telling me that they want more veggies than meat. I was at a loss aside from traditional American Indian recipes. Thanks!

My husband is known for the yummy apple pie he makes. For that he uses 3-5 different types of apples. His macaroni and cheese is delicious too. The sauce uses 1 cup milk, 1/2 cup cream, half a stick of butter, a block of Cabot Seriously Sharp cheddar cheese (grated), and salt, pepper, thyme, and rosemary. Mmmmmm.

The worlds cheapest and best potato soup evar!!

I made this once when money was tight and everyone still asks for it!

NO REAL MEASUREMENTS NEEDED Just make how much you want.
    Get fresh potatoes and wash and if you like, peel them.
    Cut them in half lengthwise and into 1/4 pieces.
    boil in water or chicken broth for a bit. (until ALMOST tender.)
    Drain. add more broth or water (about 2-3 cups) Splash in milk (soy is fine)
    Add a pinch of salt, and a LOT of pepper (splash of hotsauce if you like)
    add 2 cans of sliced new potatoes
    add about a cup of REAL potato flakes. (for a thick soup) More if you like.
    KEEP IT MOIST AND SOUPY: If it gets too thick add more milk or broth or water.
    Add 2 slices of american cheese (I sometimes use swiss) You can also use velveeta in small cubes but stir OFTEN until melted.

Cook until fresh potatoes are done.

This recipe is totally versitile! You can add delete anything you want.
    I make mine thick with a lot of potato flakes and cheese. Almost like a chowder! YUM!

My easy chili.

1 lb hamburger (any meat like ground turkey etc will do as well)
    1 onion finely chopped (you can omit)
    6 cans of Red Kidney beans (drained and rinsed well in a strainer)
    2 cans of tomatoes (any cut you like from halves to finely cubed)
    1 can tomato sauce
    1 cup HOT water
    chili powder, garlic salt, basil, oregano, mrs dash, (whatever you want to spice it with) to taste.

Cook meat, drain and if you want less fat rinse with hot water.
    add all other ingredients, bring to boil, reduce heat to a simmer.
    *its ready to serve after 5 minutes. The longer you simmer it the better though. I usually simmer it for 20-30 minutes.

EVEN BETTER THE NEXT DAY!!!

[quote author=Beth-Deth link=topic=14757.msg916087#msg916087 date=1215120319]
    My easy chili.

1 lb hamburger (any meat like ground turkey etc will do as well)
    1 onion finely chopped (you can omit)
    6 cans of Red Kidney beans (drained and rinsed well in a strainer)
    2 cans of tomatoes (any cut you like from halves to finely cubed)
    1 can tomato sauce
    1 cup HOT water
    chili powder, garlic salt, basil, oregano, mrs dash, (whatever you want to spice it with) to taste.

Cook meat, drain and if you want less fat rinse with hot water.
    add all other ingredients, bring to boil, reduce heat to a simmer.
    *its ready to serve after 5 minutes. The longer you simmer it the better though. I usually simmer it for 20-30 minutes.

EVEN BETTER THE NEXT DAY!!!
    [/quote]

I make fake ass tamale pie (no tamales) with leftover chili that is the shit!

Just crush up a bunch of fritos, line the bottom of plan with them, make sure your chili is super moist and layer it on top of the fritos, then layer corn, black olives, onions, and cheese, till you get to the top. Bake for about 45 mins at 350..... it is sooooooooo yummy!

You should try adding ketchup to your chili instead of the tomato sauce, I know it may sound weird, but I won a chili cook-off with it!!!!

[quote author=turtlenads link=topic=14757.msg914083#msg914083 date=1215013493]
    White Castle Casserole:

Tater Tots
    Velveeta

[/quote]

My son wants me to do this. It sounds a little weird but I am sure it tastes great. (at least I hope!)

[quote author=aprilcarter29 link=topic=14757.msg916101#msg916101 date=1215121130]
    I make fake ass tamale pie (no tamales) with leftover chili that is the shit!

Just crush up a bunch of fritos, line the bottom of plan with them, make sure your chili is super moist and layer it on top of the fritos, then layer corn, black olives, onions, and cheese, till you get to the top. Bake for about 45 mins at 350..... it is sooooooooo yummy!

You should try adding ketchup to your chili instead of the tomato sauce, I know it may sound weird, but I won a chili cook-off with it!!!!
    [/quote]

I know what you mean about the ketchup but I like my spaghetti sauce sweet and my chili hearty.
    But that is TOTALLY an option i didnt mention. All the recipes I submit are mine and are COMPLETELY changable and open to whatever!
    Thanks for the input.

BTW I love the recipe you posted. I call it frito chili pie bake though.  :-)

I mashed cauliflower once with butter adn garlic and it was like mashed potatos...it was yummy...I also make a dank vegeterian like pizza

[quote author=chavonv link=topic=14757.msg916139#msg916139 date=1215124082]
    I mashed cauliflower once with butter adn garlic and it was like mashed potatos...it was yummy...I also make a dank vegeterian like pizza
    [/quote]

I love mashed cauliflower.....
    Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    I mean I spent most V days drunk, but that's because I'm a lush, not bc I was bitter haha

[quote author=Beth-Deth link=topic=14757.msg915911#msg915911 date=1215111962]
    The worlds cheapest and best potato soup evar!!

I made this once when money was tight and everyone still asks for it!

NO REAL MEASUREMENTS NEEDED Just make how much you want.
    Get fresh potatoes and wash and if you like, peel them.
    Cut them in half lengthwise and into 1/4 pieces.
    boil in water or chicken broth for a bit. (until ALMOST tender.)
    Drain. add more broth or water (about 2-3 cups) Splash in milk (soy is fine)
    Add a pinch of salt, and a LOT of pepper (splash of hotsauce if you like)
    add 2 cans of sliced new potatoes
    add about a cup of REAL potato flakes. (for a thick soup) More if you like.
    KEEP IT MOIST AND SOUPY: If it gets too thick add more milk or broth or water.
    Add 2 slices of american cheese (I sometimes use swiss) You can also use velveeta in small cubes but stir OFTEN until melted.

Cook until fresh potatoes are done.

This recipe is totally versitile! You can add delete anything you want.
    I make mine thick with a lot of potato flakes and cheese. Almost like a chowder! YUM!

[/quote]

I make a soup similar to this and everyone loves it. I cook cut up potatoes in chicken broth, then use a masher on them. I mash them until they're in very small chunks, not smooth like mashed potatoes. Then I throw in a couple of cups of shredded cheddar cheese.

We add sour cream and bacon bits on top.

I make this casserole thing that eveeeeeeeerybody always gobbles up at bbq's.  Even if it's 100* outside, that shits gone in 2 secs.

Ok.  Rough measurements because I just moosh it all together.

One of the big things of sour cream.
    One can of cream of mushroom soup.
    One can of cream of potato soup.
    One big ass bag of cubed hashbrowns.
    One big ass bag of cheddar or american cheese.  I mean...the biiiiig ass bag.

Mix it allll together, but leave enough cheese to sprinkle on the top.  I use a big Pyrex dish because this makes a shit ton.  Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.  Bake.  It usually takes about an hour at 350*.  I just wait for the cheese to bubble and get a little firm.

It's really good.  Not so good for you, but really good. 

[quote author=andrea0121 link=topic=14757.msg916477#msg916477 date=1215141829]
    I make this casserole thing that eveeeeeeeerybody always gobbles up at bbq's.  Even if it's 100* outside, that shits gone in 2 secs.

Mix it allll together, but leave enough cheese to sprinkle on the top.  I use a big Pyrex dish because this makes a shit ton.  Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.  Bake.  It usually takes about an hour at 350*.  I just wait for the cheese to bubble and get a little firm.

[/quote]

I love the terminology Andrea! You measure like I do, I just had to :lol:

[quote author=andrea0121 link=topic=14757.msg916477#msg916477 date=1215141829]

[/quote]

By big ass bag, are you talking normal big ass, or costco big ass?

Gemelli with Arugula, Mushrooms and Chicken Breast 

Ease of preparation: easy

Prep Time: 7 minutes

Cook time: 15 minutes

Servings: 4-6

Wine pairing: White

Ingredients

1 box BARILLA Gemelli
    ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
    2 chicken breasts
    2 sprigs fresh thyme
    1 container (8 ounces) fresh button or domestic mushrooms, quartered
    2 bunches arugula, washed, stems removed
    2 cloves garlic, chopped
    ½ medium onion, chopped
    ¼ cup white wine
    ½ cup heavy cream
    ½ cup Romano cheese, grated
    to taste salt
    to taste freshly ground black pepper

BRING a large pot of water to a boil.
    HEAT oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté for five minutes or until slightly brown.
    ADD diced chicken breast and thyme leaves. Sauté for three minutes; add mushrooms and cook for an additional two minutes.
    DEGLAZE the pan with white wine and continue cooking until the liquid is reduced by more than half.
    Meanwhile, COOK Gemelli in boiling water according to package directions.
    ADD the heavy cream to the chicken mixture and continue cooking until the liquid is reduced by half; season with salt and pepper.
    TOSS in arugula to the skillet and cook until arugula has wilted down.
    DRAIN cooked Gemelli; toss in the skillet with the sauce and finish with the grated Romano cheese

**I get these recipes sent to me via e-mails and I gotta try this one it sounds sooooo yummy!

^^^^ That sounds awesome!!

I made the tilapia with ranch and parmesan that I posted a couple pages back. It turned out very well. It definitely kept the fish moist. :)

[quote author=turtlenads link=topic=14757.msg922609#msg922609 date=1215561041]
    ^^^^ That sounds awesome!!

I made the tilapia with ranch and parmesan that I posted a couple pages back. It turned out very well. It definitely kept the fish moist. :)
    [/quote]

Awesome!! I was waiting to see how it turned out.  I am getting tilapia this week. it was already on my list. :-D

Thread Information