Thread: Attention Americans: help me turn into a college skank!

Attention Americans: help me turn into a college skank!

Right. So I've been invited to a big American-style imitation frat party (eep) and the instructions are for the females to dress like a cheerleader or a sorority girl. Cheerleader is easy enough - short skirt, pom poms etc. But what the heck do sorority girls wear?!

:|

Save me. I've never been to "college", just normal Aussie uni - which is without all the frats and sororities and cheerleaders. What the hell do I wear to a tongue-in-cheek fake frat party?! I need suggestions, because the best costume wins a years worth of beer. :-P There's free alcohol at stake!

This would be so much easier if I were a dude. I could just wear a sports jackets and beat people up.

Re: Attention Americans: help me turn into a college skank!

Well I've never been in a sorority, but I know a few girls who are. There's different types of sororities, but I don't really think the girls I know in sororities wear anything special. Most of them just dress preppy. You know, designer clothes, mini skirt, tight shirt, heels or UGGS. Maybe you could find a Greek shirt or something? Sorry not to be of more help, but it's just I've never really thought of sorority chicks as having a uniform or anything. If it's a costume contest, maybe you should try to make it accurate but funny. There'll probably be lots of preppy looking girls at the party so it'd be hard to pick just one as the winner. I'd go for humor.

Not trying to stereotype all sorority girls in case there's a few on the board, but that's just mho.
    Try to realize it&#39;s all within yourself. No one else can make you change. And to see you&#39;re really only very small. And life flows on within you and without you.<br /><br />--George Harrison--

Sorority girl stereotype: very tan, big sunglasses, jean mini skirt, furry boots and a greek shirt.

:lol:

Here ya go:

They sold this outfit as a Halloween costume - you might google costume shops...

LOL @ &quot;Sex Pack&quot; of beer and her sorority's name.

I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

See, Nestle has the right idea! lol, humorous but accurate :-P

Or you could go as Elle Woods. Complete with Chihuahua.

Try to realize it&#39;s all within yourself. No one else can make you change. And to see you&#39;re really only very small. And life flows on within you and without you.<br /><br />--George Harrison--

Soul - nuh uh, I don't do head-to-toe pink. :P

Greek shirt being just a shirt with Greek letters on it, right? *ponders* Where the sod do I find one of those? I suppose I could print one myself... hrm. Although, the US dollar is practically the same as the Aussie dollar right now, so ordering one online might be a good idea.

I'm totally going to be walking around all night speaking in a bad Yank accent.

[quote author=misanthrope link=topic=14751.msg896891#msg896891 date=1213775346]
    Soul - nuh uh, I don't do head-to-toe pink. :P

Greek shirt being just a shirt with Greek letters on it, right? *ponders* Where the sod do I find one of those? I suppose I could print one myself... hrm. Although, the US dollar is practically the same as the Aussie dollar right now, so ordering one online might be a good idea.

I'm totally going to be walking around all night speaking in a bad Yank accent.
    [/quote]

Don't blame you for not wanting to do all pink lol.

Just make sure that you don't just speak &quot;yank&quot;. You must speak Valley Girl.

Which reminds me that I love the song Valley Girl by Frank Zappa :lol:

[quote author=misanthrope link=topic=14751.msg896891#msg896891 date=1213775346]
    [/quote]

Note That Her Greek Letters are I T K&nbsp; - for I Tappa Keg&nbsp;

And oh the &quot;Gap Girls&quot; skits from SNL would give you some &quot;sorority speak&quot; accent ideas!!

They have the outfit I showed you on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/SEXY-SORORITY-Gi...2em118Q2el1247
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

mydeathspace

[quote author=[Pandora] link=topic=14751.msg896878#msg896878 date=1213774022]
    Sorority girl stereotype: very tan, big sunglasses, jean mini skirt, furry boots and a greek shirt.
    [/quote]

Don't forget fat.

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=14751.msg898268#msg898268 date=1213862217]
    Don't forget fat.
    [/quote]

I might leave out that detail.

I was in a sorority.&nbsp; Where I went to school though we had 200+ inches of snow a year so you couldn't really get away with dressing in mini skirts a lot.

Anyway, I found that sorority girls weren't always that blatant with the sexuality.&nbsp; Most would just wear tons of makeup, have highlights and jeans/short shorts.&nbsp; Usually they wear Abercrombie tops that button so you can see some boobies.&nbsp;

*Most* sorority girls do not actually wear letters when they go out to parties because not many cute/hot clothing items have them on there.&nbsp; When I wore letters to parties they'd be on a necklace or bracelet.&nbsp;

They usually have a drink in one hand as well.&nbsp; Cause being drunk = hotter.&nbsp;

Now featuring creatures. Creature Feature's Avatar

Just go naked with a red plastic cup and keep asking everyone &quot;Dude, have you seen my fucking underwear&quot;

"Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=14751.msg900463#msg900463 date=1213998068]

[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote author=[Pandora] link=topic=14751.msg896878#msg896878 date=1213774022]
    [/quote]

Yeah, a sorority girl circa 1987.

:lol:
    Congratulations. You've found the secret MDS signature. Please send your answers to "Old Blue", care of the funny farm, Chalford...

[quote author=Creature Feature link=topic=14751.msg900449#msg900449 date=1213997482]
    Just go naked with a red plastic cup and keep asking everyone &quot;Dude, have you seen my fucking underwear&quot;
    [/quote]

Haha. Quoted for truth. I was a sorority girl in the heart of the grunge era, and even WE wore jeans and flannels. A lot of flannels. Hot.&nbsp; :|

But somehow, I think the red plastic cup has been a constant.

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=14751.msg900463#msg900463 date=1213998068]

[/quote] My shirt says &quot;boys hate me&quot; Hot.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Amy's taste > Tara's

hope this helps!!
    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

[quote author=brie star link=topic=14751.msg901844#msg901844 date=1214080728]

hope this helps!!
    [/quote] Don't be jealous that you're not in a sorority.

Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=14751.msg901847#msg901847 date=1214080812]
    Don't be jealous that you're not in a sorority.
    [/quote]

who says I'm not?&nbsp;
    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Thread Information