Page 738 of 867 FirstFirst ... 238 638 688 728 736 737 738 739 740 748 788 838 ... LastLast
Results 18,426 to 18,450 of 21658

Thread: Dumb things that make you happy.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    They talked about this on a local morning radio show. They made one of their interns eat a bag of them while on air, and he turned out the same way.

Apparently that sugar substitute needs to be classified as poison.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    thanks guys. emmie... good luck! i agree with the others. you are going to be one hell of a nurse!
    awwwww... hugs all around. seriously, makes me blush.

speaking of dttmmh: my job makes me happy. and as wonderful as it feels/sounds when my friends and family tell me i'll be a good nurse, it means the world when my patients tell me i am going to be a great nurse.

nursing school starts TOMORROW.

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    awwwww... hugs all around. seriously, makes me blush.

speaking of dttmmh: my job makes me happy. and as wonderful as it feels/sounds when my friends and family tell me i'll be a good nurse, it means the world when my patients tell me i am going to be a great nurse.

nursing school starts TOMORROW.
    You'll be great...
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

I think I may finally get to bed before 1a. I feel like some sort of divinity has happened in order for this to go down like I'm thinking it will. F yes.

Lucky....I haven't been able to get to bed before at least 330am recently.

my seester is having another girl. my niece and i were both sort of hoping for a baby brother, but i'm just happy to have another little one to spoil.

(back to nursing school homeworks)

Performing well at work and being recognized for it. Huge!

Emmie, I am cracking up...I had the SAME DAMN BOOKS when I was in nursing school! The Big Orange Book O'Nursing, the blue drug book , and of course Taber's...omg the memories!

Southern Undertaker Key West Digger's Avatar
    But where's the Grey's Anatomy book?

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

that was really hard to watch. white people ARE crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by Key West Digger View Post
    But where's the Grey's Anatomy book?
    i took that class a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post

Emmie, I am cracking up...I had the SAME DAMN BOOKS when I was in nursing school! The Big Orange Book O'Nursing, the blue drug book , and of course Taber's...omg the memories!
    i'm glad this brought some laughter into your life. this doesn't even include the three binders of worksheets and syllabuses. i'm basically in love with school right now, and i hope it stays that way for at least a few more weeks. ha. at least, i'm not as overwhelmed and terrified as i was last week before classes started. shit, look at the time. i need to go to bed.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Wait til that dreaded Med Surg book hits your backpack...it's just as big as Fundamentals but with smaller print and a shit ton more information. Stay calm, and prepare to kick ass. You can do it, I'm certain.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    Wait til that dreaded Med Surg book hits your backpack...it's just as big as Fundamentals but with smaller print and a shit ton more information. Stay calm, and prepare to kick ass. You can do it, I'm certain.
    thank you. i'm feeling pretty good at this point. new class today, new instructor, homework is done. i will do this, failure is not an option. but, yeah, the books are intimidating. i get why they try to intimidate you up-front, though. i suppose it is somewhat necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    thank you. i'm feeling pretty good at this point. new class today, new instructor, homework is done. i will do this, failure is not an option. but, yeah, the books are intimidating. i get why they try to intimidate you up-front, though. i suppose it is somewhat necessary.
    Get a routine going - sacred study time is SO important. G really had to learn that. He did really well even though he had to withdraw mid-semester and take an additional semester off when he had his ATV wreck that almost killed him his 2nd spring break. Being a trauma/surgical/ICU patient truly gave him perspective that many healthcare professionals don't have. You will have that special empathy too emmie with your experiences as well as your mom's journey.

I love all your textbooks!! Weird though, at G's school, all their textbooks were digital. He also was required to have an IPOD for his drug guide.

FYI, the folks that work their asses off at the hospital during externships, peer training and who actually had paying jobs as CNAs, techs, etc. seemed to be the ones offered the jobs once they graduated. Once hired, the hospital put them on payroll pending screenings and Boards and then paid them for a month for orientations, new hire testing and for 2 weeks to attend Board study session as well as covering the expenses of the session itself. All of them passed their State Board, too!

You are gonna do SO GREAT, emmie!!

PS: It is weird to have your kiddo ask about your health - then have him lecture you about it!
    Last edited by nestlequikie; 01-16-2014 at 05:08 AM.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Get a routine going - sacred study time is SO important. G really had to learn that. He did really well even though he had to withdraw mid-semester and take an additional semester off when he had his ATV wreck that almost killed him his 2nd spring break. Being a trauma/surgical/ICU patient truly gave him perspective that many healthcare professionals don't have. You will have that special empathy too emmie with your experiences as well as your mom's journey.

I love all your textbooks!! Weird though, at G's school, all their textbooks were digital. He also was required to have an IPOD for his drug guide.

FYI, the folks that work their asses off at the hospital during externships, peer training and who actually had paying jobs as CNAs, techs, etc. seemed to be the ones offered the jobs once they graduated. Once hired, the hospital put them on payroll pending screenings and Boards and then paid them for a month for orientations, new hire testing and for 2 weeks to attend Board study session as well as covering the expenses of the session itself. All of them passed their State Board, too!

PS: It is weird to have your kiddo ask about your health - then have him lecture you about it!
    All of this.

It doesn't matter what profession you are headed for. Nothing beats hands on. Even in the library field. I just cringe when we get apps from people who did all distance classes and don't have an hours experience actually working in a library. We've hired, and fired several of them. They are, sadly clueless. Someone who started out as a student worker, or page on the other hand? Much more apt to work out. So much more likely to get hired.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

The COCK-SUCKING Academy nominated Leonardo Dicaprio for Best ACTOR, AGAIN and I just know he will win this time, he better fucking get it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Circe View Post
    The COCK-SUCKING Academy nominated Leonardo Dicaprio for Best ACTOR, AGAIN and I just know he will win this time, he better fucking get it!!!
    I really liked him in Shutter Island...and I did not know that he was on Santa Barbara (soap opera) and Growing pains in his youth.

Oh wait, he was like a kid they took in on growing pains...

Quote Originally Posted by dream View Post
    I really liked him in Shutter Island...and I did not know that he was on Santa Barbara (soap opera) and Growing pains in his youth.

Oh wait, he was like a kid they took in on growing pains...
    Haha! Yeah Growing Pains... I didn't know santa barbara though. I did love him in about 10 other movies though and always have felt like he gets snubbed a lot.

I seriously just laughed so hard at this video:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f05_1389439823

"Hey Ryan" "Hey Billy"

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    All of this.

It doesn't matter what profession you are headed for. Nothing beats hands on. Even in the library field. I just cringe when we get apps from people who did all distance classes and don't have an hours experience actually working in a library. We've hired, and fired several of them. They are, sadly clueless. Someone who started out as a student worker, or page on the other hand? Much more apt to work out. So much more likely to get hired.
    it also helps that i'm working for the organization i want to stay with, so i have no plans on applying outside the company. but this will help immensely when clinicals start.

i wish i could introduce you to my dear friend who is so passionate about libraries, he even helped organize a local peace activist/anarchist library and started this whole inter-library borrowing system so that more people have access to this specific library. you would get such a kick out of this guy.

how is he doing? i remember him going through all of that, so awesome that he was able to finish. i cannot imagine the amount of stress that came along with his entire experience, and yours. i really am starting to understand the value of experience, and it is awesome that something so positive came out of his accident. you must be so proud of him! hell, i am proud of him.

my mom used to laugh at me when i lectured her about her health, but then she got cancer and the docs were telling her things i had said a thousand times. now she listens a little more receptively. i truly feel like i have some karmic debt to repay to all of the nurses who helped my mom along her way, specifically the one who scheduled her biopsy when the dr. dismissed her signs and symptoms. and my cardiac nurse, she inspired me and is a huge support to me right now.

i'm not sure how i would feel about digital books, i'm kind of old school. though, it will be amazing if i don't destroy my back just lugging all these books around. we got more today. ugh.

and thank you, again. i just feel so happy and blessed to be where i am. no doubts that it is where i belong at this moment in time.

i started researching sexual assault nurse examiners and forensic nursing.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    "People and their prayers. If I'm in danger I'd rather have an Atheist helping me instead of a hundred believers praying for me."

My new favorite quote.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Old people

I tend to usually dislike most old people. I come across a lot of unhappy, bitter old people. Which ultimately has led me to believe that the whole 'respect your elders' thing is bullshit. You don't need to respect anyone who doesn't respect you. Older folks have much less of a filter and tend to say some pretty shitty and offensive things.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Thread Information