Page 641 of 867 FirstFirst ... 141 541 591 631 639 640 641 642 643 651 691 741 ... LastLast
Results 16,001 to 16,025 of 21658

Thread: Dumb things that make you happy.

"He a hoe" made me die

How about the 'being a mornmon and he has no hoes". LOVED IT.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

I think saleen wrote it. He a crazy muthafucka!

This shit gets me every damn time..

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

dttmmh: i went to the JACC (journalism association of community colleges) over the last 2 days. i think everyone from my class left a little inspired but also very disappointed in our paper.

most everyone in the class is young and has been in the desert their whole life... we get no money or support from our school, and the advisor is only in his second semester there. there are a lot of factors working against us as far as putting out a quality paper that could rival the other papers we were competing against. we hadn't mailed in any submissions and then had to sit through a 2 hour awards presentation and we were just about the only paper that wasn't even recognized in the 'here have a plaque just because' category. but hey! we were also the only college who uses a newsletter format rather than newsprint, so what do you expect.

wrong thread, right? no!

i got a lot out of the conference and i hope the others will rethink their approach to the design of the paper. also, there was an awesome workshop about 'writing a sex column', hosted by a hottie, real bi-sexual who had the audience in stitches and got me thinking of doing, not necessarily a sex column, but a dear abby type thing.

sounds good to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    dttmmh: i went to the JACC (journalism association of community colleges) over the last 2 days. i think everyone from my class left a little inspired but also very disappointed in our paper.

most everyone in the class is young and has been in the desert their whole life... we get no money or support from our school, and the advisor is only in his second semester there. there are a lot of factors working against us as far as putting out a quality paper that could rival the other papers we were competing against. we hadn't mailed in any submissions and then had to sit through a 2 hour awards presentation and we were just about the only paper that wasn't even recognized in the 'here have a plaque just because' category. but hey! we were also the only college who uses a newsletter format rather than newsprint, so what do you expect.

wrong thread, right? no!

i got a lot out of the conference and i hope the others will rethink their approach to the design of the paper. also, there was an awesome workshop about 'writing a sex column', hosted by a hottie, real bi-sexual who had the audience in stitches and got me thinking of doing, not necessarily a sex column, but a dear abby type thing.

sounds good to me.
    I was rooting for you, and then you said you wanted to be dear abby

I'm kidding! That's awesome!

This on my Spotify radio:

Every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man.

ice blocking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post

Also, I just noticed my girlbox is full.

i'm not sure where to put this. i'll just leave it here because i can't exactly say that it annoys me... and it does kind of make me happy.

i get tattooed tomorrow followed by two kick ass shows.

going to see Grace Potter Friday night!!! That makes me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    going to see Grace Potter Friday night!!! That makes me happy.
    I saw her open for Government Mule in NOLA back in 2007. Good show. We're going to see The XX on Sunday.

Nice!! My hubbs is totally in love with her, should be funny to watch him see her live for the first time.

I have today off with absolutely no plans or obligations. Life is boring and delightful all at once. <3

Quote Originally Posted by jeneria View Post
    I saw her open for Government Mule in NOLA back in 2007. Good show. We're going to see The XX on Sunday.
    fuck yeah, the xx will be a great show. i just picked up coexist last weekend.

i saw grace potter a few years ago at 80/35, lots of fun.

i saw firewater a week and a half ago in minneapolis. one of my favorite bands ever and the tickets were 15 bucks and there were like 75 people in the venue. i got a hug from tod a and a signed set list. best money i ever spent. apparently no one knows who they are?

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post

i saw firewater a week and a half ago in minneapolis. one of my favorite bands ever and the tickets were 15 bucks and there were like 75 people in the venue. i got a hug from tod a and a signed set list. best money i ever spent. apparently no one knows who they are?
    probably a good thing, or the native americans would probably add them to their bag of offensive white people...

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post

I think xx is going to rock. We haven't been to a show since Gotye in August. On the 27th we're going to the Umprey McGee Halloween show. I'm not a huge fan of theirs, but I think it'll be fun to dress up and get rowdy with the jam band crowd. (I actually don't like jam bands but their fans are fantastic for people watching.)

I am setting my desktop back up. I put it in the closet when I got my laptop a few years ago. I'm excited to find old pics and having twice as many windows open at a time:-)

ETA: I've been looking through the pics on my desktop. I really don't have very many that I could share with the public. That doesn't make me happy.
    Last edited by morbidT; 10-15-2012 at 01:03 PM.

article i wrote for the school newspaper made it in... i guess that makes me a published journalist!

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    probably a good thing, or the native americans would probably add them to their bag of offensive white people...
    huh?

http://www.gasupradio.com/home/fire-...-reservations/

this probably won't be the best explanation, since i'm not native american, but i'll try.

firewater is a term for alcohol, specifically whiskey, i think. native americans have long acknowledged the high levels of alcoholism within many tribes and it could be said that alcohol had a hand in the theft of the americas from the native people.

i'm not sure if the term was created by the native people or if it was created by the 'white man' to mock their tendency towards alcoholism, but i believe that it is seen as offensive towards native people because of the connection between the two.

i recently started reading about 'native appropriations', and i've learned that the native people are very sensitive to the use of their culture, traditions, language and symbols by non-native people because they feel the message and understanding of these things is lost when not properly understood. they feel that most of the time, the way it's used furthers the perceptions that they are 'savages' and keeps them separated from the rest of the country.

i hope this makes sense. i don't know anything about the band and i'm not implying anything. it just seemed to fall into that category by name alone.

Indooroopilly, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Getting good grades on assignments that I start four hours before they are due. This in no way motivates me to do assignments before the due date. But it makes me happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap-n Meow
    TPT is more caramel. She's sweet and so smooth she'll slide a finger in your butthole.

bully beatdown.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post

This shit gets me every damn time..

I seriously look at this gif every time I need a giggle. And it NEVER fails me. Hilarious.

Thread Information