Page 596 of 867 FirstFirst ... 96 496 546 586 594 595 596 597 598 606 646 696 ... LastLast
Results 14,876 to 14,900 of 21658

Thread: Dumb things that make you happy.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    it went well, lots of reading and daily tests for the next week and a half. i learned to wash my hands. tomorrow i get to learn to make a bed WITH SOMEONE IN IT.
    Good job, honey. I'm glad it went well, though!

This doesn't make me happy so much as lol:
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

that is fantastic, nd.

and thank you.

it went well, lots of reading and daily tests for the next week and a half. i learned to wash my hands. tomorrow i get to learn to make a bed WITH SOMEONE IN IT.
    I didn't see this post when I posted. Glad it went well! You making sure you have mitered corners and can bounce a quarter off the bed? Well, not with someone in it. I had a meanie instructor who wouldn't approve a bed if the quarter didn't bounce. I've heard it's like that in the military too.

but its not actual bath salts... ugh
    I don't sell crack, I'm a prostitute.

Quote Originally Posted by okac View Post
    but its not actual bath salts... ugh
    But it's been linked to cannabalistic attacks all over the country.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    I didn't see this post when I posted. Glad it went well! You making sure you have mitered corners and can bounce a quarter off the bed? Well, not with someone in it. I had a meanie instructor who wouldn't approve a bed if the quarter didn't bounce. I've heard it's like that in the military too.
    i really like the instructor. she has 20 years of nursing experience and all kinds of stories.

but aren't they marketed as bath salts? cloud nine and some other brand i read about...

i really like the instructor. she has 20 years of nursing experience and all kinds of stories.

but aren't they marketed as bath salts? cloud nine and some other brand i read about...
    That's awesome! I hope you share some stories!

Be careful with that bed making, emmie. If you're taking a state CNA test they'll fail you in a hot second if you don't do it *just* the right way. In real life, I grab a heated blanket out of the warmer and throw in on the bed. Most of my patients are not comfortable in a hospital setting no matter what, so making the bed perfectly and without a wrinkle isn't a concern. Plus, you'll have so much other stuff going on with admissions, dispensing meds, ect. The bed thing's going to be so moo (Hey ND!).

eta: I forgot to say congrats for making it through your first day!
    Last edited by McMama; 06-11-2012 at 07:11 PM. Reason: forgot the good part

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    Good job, honey. I'm glad it went well, though!

This doesn't make me happy so much as lol:
    This is the dumbest thing in the world (no offense) but bath salts are NOT actual bath salts. That's just a nickname for them and they are most certainly illegal.
    http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/f...s-drug-dangers

First of all, what are bath salts?

"The presumption is that most bath salts are MDPV, or methylenedioxypyrovalerone, although newer pyrovalerone derivatives are being made by illegal street chemists. Nobody really knows, because there is no way to test for these substances," Horowitz says.

Why are they called bath salts?

"It’s confusing. Is this what we put in our bathtubs, like Epsom salts? No. But by marketing them as bath salts and labeling them 'not for human consumption,' they have been able to avoid them being specifically enumerated as illegal," Horowitz says.

thank you. i've been taking the test quizzes, she warned us that there might be multiple answers that seem correct on a nursing test and dammit she is right. i'm a little stressed... its a lot of info in a short period of time.

hopefully the bed making goes well. ugh. i need to sleep this shit is exhausting me.

So I had a headache today for 2 hours and finally took the walgreens stuff.. AND IT WORKED! Now I'll just have to wait for a real migraine and see if it works.

Thanks everyone for suggesting that one!
    I don't sell crack, I'm a prostitute.

Quote Originally Posted by okac View Post
    So I had a headache today for 2 hours and finally took the walgreens stuff.. AND IT WORKED! Now I'll just have to wait for a real migraine and see if it works.

Thanks everyone for suggesting that one!
    I was SO HUNGOVER today and ran to the walgreens across the street to buy the same shit based on recommendations here, and it worked amazingly well. I felt not like dying within twenty minutes!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to okac again.

the walgreens stuff works just as good as the real stuff, imo. it works even better if you take it with some tramadol and nabumatome.

Wait, why are you guys telling me they're not actual salts for the bath? I'm aware. They are OTC, though (well, in classy gas stations, at least). I was just laughing at the pic insinuating that eating people's faces is an epidemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    Wait, why are you guys telling me they're not actual salts for the bath? I'm aware. They are OTC, though (well, in classy gas stations, at least). I was just laughing at the pic insinuating that eating people's faces is an epidemic.
    Yeah, there is no 'widespread' cannibalism, and it's actually NOT over the counter, as that article states and everything else I've ever read about bath salts. They're a derivative of ingredients--some accessible, some not. Just like meth.

Yeah, there is no 'widespread' cannibalism, and it's actually NOT over the counter, as that article states and everything else I've ever read about bath salts. They're a derivative of ingredients--some accessible, some not. Just like meth.
    I know they're not legal. But it was my impression you could get them in shady shops from people who "skirt the laws," like that article says. But honestly, now I'm more confused, because that says the FDA declared the sale of them illegal, but not all states have made it illegal...anyway, the pic is still funny.

Lawmakers Moving To Close Legal Loopholes on ?Bath Salts?

A range of designer drugs known as ?bath salts? is the subject of a federal bill as lawmakers and enforcers scramble to close loopholes in regulating an evolving substance.

The provision, which was added to the Food and Drug Administration Safety and Innovation Act, would outlaw synthetic marijuana alongside MDPV (methylenedioxypyrovalerone), mephedrone, and possibly, methylone?the main stimulants found in the drugs. The bill has been sent to the House for negotiation after passing the Senate last month.

Bath salts, which first emerged in Europe, gained wider attention in the U.S. after a man suspected of being on the drug at the time attacked and consumed the flesh of a homeless man in Miami. Other violent behavior by users of the drugs has been reported.

While the drugs? active compounds were placed on an emergency ban by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration in September, they can still be found in convenience stores, smoke shops and online where it is sold in packets or jars and often labeled as ?not intended for human consumption.?

They are also sold under brand names such as ?Plant Food? and ?Ivory Wave? and retails anywhere from $20 to $50.

Creative marketing isn?t the only roadblock in regulation that law enforcers face. ?The problem is that chemists are very clever,? said David Shurtleff, acting deputy director of the National Institute on Drug Abuse. Dr. Shurtleff tells the Health Blog that drug makers are constantly ?tweaking? the molecular structure of the drugs, allowing them to skirt existing regulations by claiming to be a different substance while maintaining the same or possibly more dangerous effects.

The odorless white powder can be ingested several ways and produces effects similar to methamphetamine, but users also can have hallucinations caused by psychotic breaks or the influence of drugs such as LSD. The American Association of Poison Control Centers received over 6,000 calls regarding bath salts last year, up from 303 in 2010.

DEA spokesman David Levey says the federal bill would extend the list of illegal compounds and potentially close the loophole allowing drug makers to elude law enforcement.

Dr. Shurtleff says the drug presents a serious public-safety risk as the composition of the drug continues to rapidly change, making it difficult to determine even how to test whether someone has used the drug.

http://blogs.wsj.com/health/2012/06/...on-bath-salts/
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

Yet pot is still demonized. Never. Get it.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Man, at this point pot is as much a target of intolerance as American Christians.

Sharon Needles, the spooky drag queen who vaulted to national cult celebrity as the winner of Season 4 of "RuPaul's Drag Race," was presented with an official proclamation declaring today "Sharon Needles Day in Pittsburgh" at a City Council meeting this morning.
    "This is a city of champions in many regards," Councilman Patrick Dowd said, mentioning the Steelers and first-place Pirates. "We have a real champion in the room today."
    Mr. Dowd praised the Bloomfield resident for her fearlessness as an artist and for speaking out against bullying of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender youth.
    "A win for Sharon Needles is a win for every single kid in this city who's still being bullied," Ms. Needles said.
    In front of a crowd of about 60 people outside the City-County Building, Ms. Needles, dressed in a blond wig and long black dress, dedicated the day to children who have been judged on the basis of their race, appearance, or sexuality.
    "I just want to say happy Halloween to everyone in the room," she said. "It's humbling and almost embarrassing to have my favorite city in the world recognize what I do for a living."
    She performed the song "Sweet Transvestite" from "The Rocky Horror Picture Show," changing the lyrics to highlight her Pittsburgh roots.
    "I'm just a sweet transvestite from Transexual, Transylvania" became "I'm just a cheap transvestite from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania."
    And "You look like you're both pretty groovy" transformed into "Yinz guys look like you're both pretty groovy."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...#ixzz1xcjnsAvb

this is pretty much the coolest thing ever.

Man, the woman behind her is WAY scarier than she's trying to be.

that's true. ha. but look at that genuine smile on her face? this shit makes me all warm and gooey inside, even more so than when obama said he supports gay marriage.

i'm proud of aaron. he's done so much since he left newton fucking iowa.

So I took this guy's sweatshirt over the weekend. It smells so good. Like guy hahaha. The smell makes me happy.

AAAAAAND IT'S A SWEATER FROM MY FAVORITE BAR!
    Last edited by HeyyyMan; 06-12-2012 at 05:01 PM.

Walgreens yay.

I hope it works for something worse.

Tears of hilarity streaming down my face from watching all these: http://www.buzzfeed.com/samir/the-bi...ls-of-all-time

Thread Information