Page 580 of 867 FirstFirst ... 80 480 530 570 578 579 580 581 582 590 630 680 ... LastLast
Results 14,476 to 14,500 of 21658

Thread: Dumb things that make you happy.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    I would be slightly offended by the apology. Does she mean you should be sad that you are childless right now?? I mean, if you are trying and having a hard time and everyone knows it then that is one thing. But if you're just living your newlywed life it almost like they are judging you for not immediately pushing babies out.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Girl, people have been on me to have a kid since the officiant said "you may kiss the bride". I don't think it was meant to be condescending, I think she genuinely thought id be upset, which is beyond nuts

It's not beyond me. I understand it fine.
    I wear caps with flat brims and sunglasses with white frames. I...DROOL...

Hahaha! You made a little joke. I like that.

There are some questions that I think are nobody's goddamned business. The first is "When are you going to have kids?" and another one is, for those who have a kid "When are you going to have your second?" (My friend literally gave birth yesterday and already people on her Facebook are asking if she's going to have another. Let her poor destroyed vag heal before you start pestering, people!)

I mean, really, fuck off. It's none of your damned business and I certainly don't need your psychotic peer pressure trying to force me into doing something I don't want to do. And the reasons for my not wanting to have kids isn't any of your goddamned business, either.

Quote Originally Posted by jeneria View Post
    There are some questions that I think are nobody's goddamned business. The first is "When are you going to have kids?" and another one is, for those who have a kid "When are you going to have your second?" (My friend literally gave birth yesterday and already people on her Facebook are asking if she's going to have another. Let her poor destroyed vag heal before you start pestering, people!)

I mean, really, fuck off. It's none of your damned business and I certainly don't need your psychotic peer pressure trying to force me into doing something I don't want to do. And the reasons for my not wanting to have kids isn't any of your goddamned business, either.
    I generally feel that most things are just no ones business at all ever, period.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Quote Originally Posted by jeneria View Post

Dude, someone yelled "LET'S MAKE A BABY!" when the officiant said "you may kiss the bride" at my wedding. I was being literal up there My husband turned around and said "can we eat dinner first?"

Reason #3 million my mom is awesome: I KNOW she wants to be a grandma, and she has not breathed a word about it to me. Whenever it comes up, she says "Go travel first, do as much as you can while it's just the two of you."

Thing is, I WANT kids, and I find it maddening. I've been married 3 1/2 months, leave me alone. I don't like being made to feel like I need to follow someone else's timetable. I can't imagine dealing with it when you've made the decision to remain childless.

that stfu parents blog is hilarious. I vow to NEVER become a mombie. We had a co-ed baby shower where two of my friends who have been married for EVER and don't want kids came. They posted on their facebook page that they were going to take a drink every time someone asked them when they were having babies. Thankfully, we all saw that and are a bunch of assholes, so that's ALL we asked them all night. Needless to say they couldn't drive home. And yes, there was a keg and moonshine at my baby shower, cuz that's how I roll. No mombie here. No way. No how.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    that stfu parents blog is hilarious. I vow to NEVER become a mombie. We had a co-ed baby shower where two of my friends who have been married for EVER and don't want kids came. They posted on their facebook page that they were going to take a drink every time someone asked them when they were having babies. Thankfully, we all saw that and are a bunch of assholes, so that's ALL we asked them all night. Needless to say they couldn't drive home. And yes, there was a keg and moonshine at my baby shower, cuz that's how I roll. No mombie here. No way. No how.
    I threw a coed baby shower for a friend at a bar. hahaha it had a yard and we rented it out in the day time and had a bbq and open bar. I rule

Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    I threw a coed baby shower for a friend at a bar. hahaha it had a yard and we rented it out in the day time and had a bbq and open bar. I rule
    See that's awesome!! And that's exactly what I wanted too. No cheesy games either. I had rules. We played rock and roll music trivia and the winners got airplane bottles of Jack Daniels and Starbucks gift cards. It was quite possibly the best baby shower ever. :)

Dude, someone yelled "LET'S MAKE A BABY!" when the officiant said "you may kiss the bride" at my wedding. I was being literal up there My husband turned around and said "can we eat dinner first?"

Reason #3 million my mom is awesome: I KNOW she wants to be a grandma, and she has not breathed a word about it to me. Whenever it comes up, she says "Go travel first, do as much as you can while it's just the two of you."

Thing is, I WANT kids, and I find it maddening. I've been married 3 1/2 months, leave me alone. I don't like being made to feel like I need to follow someone else's timetable. I can't imagine dealing with it when you've made the decision to remain childless.
    That may have been me. I know I yelled something.

Man, I get no pressure to do anything. Not from my mom at least. Including moving out.
    I don't even know if she likes kids. Never had a steady girlfriend until I brought around until my ex, and even then she never asked about kids. And I mean ever. I cannot even imagine....ugh.

Mom probably thinks I'm a virgin anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post

Man, I get no pressure to do anything. Not from my mom at least. Including moving out.
    I don't even know if she likes kids. Never had a steady girlfriend until I brought around until my ex, and even then she never asked about kids. And I mean ever. I cannot even imagine....ugh.

No, it was Carol

I can't imagine dealing with it when you've made the decision to remain childless.
    Or worse yet...want a baby but haven't had any luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post

Mom used to make these comments about how she really really wants a little red headed grandson. Til I got the corgi. Then my brother came through for us and she stopped worrying about me.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Mom used to make these comments about how she really really wants a little red headed grandson. Til I got the corgi. Then my brother came through for us and she stopped worrying about me.
    Only child here. So it really weirds me out when someone is like 1 of 5 and they still get pressure.

I generally feel that most things are just no ones business at all ever, period.
    the best when people really MAKE it their business.

at work, one of the teacher's gave birth in jan of one school year and then announced she was pregnant again mar of the following school year. this other teacher that i am friends with was harping on "how soon it was that shes having her second", "oh do i think it was an accident", "why would she have another one that close, whats wrong with her"...
    i was like WHAT THE FUCK IS IT EVEN YOUR BUSINESS?? who cares?? I dont get why anyone has to be in anyone else's vagina if theyre not the ones fucking it. do not get it.

my mom used to ask about grandchildren until i threatened to give her a bastard one. She said oh no! Get married first. She doesnt ask anymore. Luckily my cousins keep pushing them out and that's keeping her satisfied. she hates my sister's fiance, so there's no pressure there, either. I have cousins who haven't been able to conceive and its like, do you tell people you're infertile to get them off your case?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    the best when people really MAKE it their business.

at work, one of the teacher's gave birth in jan of one school year and then announced she was pregnant again mar of the following school year. this other teacher that i am friends with was harping on "how soon it was that shes having her second", "oh do i think it was an accident", "why would she have another one that close, whats wrong with her"...
    i was like WHAT THE FUCK IS IT EVEN YOUR BUSINESS?? who cares?? I dont get why anyone has to be in anyone else's vagina if theyre not the ones fucking it. do not get it.
    I have a few people I work with now that are like that. The one thing that those people have in common is general unhapiness. I think they focus on others making 'stupid' decisions to make themselves feel better about their own situation.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

my mom was pissed when i left my ex, and i'm pretty sure it was only because she thought her chance on grandchildren was fucked--or that i was giving up my only chance for children and the whole american dream bs. once she got over it the situation stopped being my fault and became his. she asked if she could give pregnancy tests to my sister for xmas and i had to set her straight. at least the heat is off me.

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar
    One of my kids insulted me today and I just about died laughing. The teacher in the room was shocked. Man, elementary teachers need a thicker skin
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFavoriteDaughter View Post
    One of my kids insulted me today and I just about died laughing. The teacher in the room was shocked. Man, elementary teachers need a thicker skin
    What did (s)he say?
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    What did (s)he say?
    I was writing on the board and I wrote "their" instead of "there". I pointed it out to the kids and the difference between the two and said sometimes your brain knows what you want to write but it comes out wrong for whatever reason. He said, "I guess your brain just isn't there for you isn't it?"

Maybe it isn't that funny to other people but I thought it was hilarious
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

I have a few people I work with now that are like that. The one thing that those people have in common is general unhapiness. I think they focus on others making 'stupid' decisions to make themselves feel better about their own situation.
    BINGO!

I was writing on the board and I wrote "their" instead of "there". I pointed it out to the kids and the difference between the two and said sometimes your brain knows what you want to write but it comes out wrong for whatever reason. He said, "I guess your brain just isn't there for you isn't it?"

Maybe it isn't that funny to other people but I thought it was hilarious
    Haha no, that's cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    Haha no, that's cute.
    It's third grade so I thought it was a pretty good zing.

It's third grade so I thought it was a pretty good zing.
    Totally. Sounds like something my third-grader would say.

Thread Information