Page 569 of 867 FirstFirst ... 69 469 519 559 567 568 569 570 571 579 619 669 ... LastLast
Results 14,201 to 14,225 of 21658

Thread: Dumb things that make you happy.

i just went and picked up three new scripts on my lunch break. for less than fucking $9. seriously, i got EIGHT sumatriptan pens for fucking FREE. how the fuck? made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    i just went and picked up three new scripts on my lunch break. for less than fucking $9. seriously, i got EIGHT sumatriptan pens for fucking FREE. how the fuck? made my day.
    don't question! just take the medication and run!

hahaha. i was undercharged for my birth control for years. i miss paying the minimum copay and it was a sticker shock when the price went up and up and up but then i remembered how long i went paying that original price and i'm okay with it...

thats awesome. i love stories where health insurance companies are getting fucked, and aren't doing the fucking.

part of 'obamacare' includes not paying a deductible for birth control. i think that goes into effect next january. hopefully after that you'll never have to pay a copay for birth control ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    thats awesome. i love stories where health insurance companies are getting fucked, and aren't doing the fucking.

part of 'obamacare' includes not paying a deductible for birth control. i think that goes into effect next january. hopefully after that you'll never have to pay a copay for birth control ever again.
    Unless we elect in some fucking Republican woman hater who decides that birth control is immoral and can be outlawed or not covered at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jeneria View Post
    Unless we elect in some fucking Republican woman hater who decides that birth control is immoral and can be outlawed or not covered at all.
    word. i almost finshed that by saying: as long as santourm or paul aren't elected.

that would save me $105 a quarter. is it bad that i'm not holding my breath waiting for this to happen?

DTTMMH: My boy being a sweet cuddler while I don't feel well. Dad is out and he's snuggled up to me, reading ME his books. Of course, he can't really read, but this is just freakin' awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by jeneria View Post
    as pesimestic as i am about politics, i gotta say i see people i know do shit like this and it makes me just the tiniest bit hopeful. its hard to type, but this is empowering.

Slept from 6 last night to 8 this morning.

I wish. I got a phone call at 1am from a drunk friend at a bar who felt really uncomfortable with some people there and asked if I could come pick em up.
    Then i had to wake up at 5am for work. ugh.

unrelated: after posting the pic of Jesus/Chuck Norris in this thread yesterday, i have read 4 stories about people seeing the Virgin Mary today.
    There appears to be an abundance of these things at once

Stripping out of business casual clothes after 3 days. Back to scrubs for the rest of the year.

DTTMMH: Wikipedia "considering" publicly opposing the SOPA/PIPA bills by blacking their pages out next week. Although, I wish they'd just do it rather then 'consider' it.

Also, Doughnuts.

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyGirl View Post
    I wish. I got a phone call at 1am from a drunk friend at a bar who felt really uncomfortable with some people there and asked if I could come pick em up.
    Then i had to wake up at 5am for work. ugh.
    I missed the '.' after the word 'Wish' at first. I was about to mention how oddly specific that wish was, but then I learned to read properly.

DTTMMH:
    A boss that always tells me I am awesome at what I do and has my back.
    A husband that can fix a 3 year old's heart by fixing his favorite, broken toy in under 5 minutes.
    A new-to-me car, that is safe, reliable, and kinda fun to drive.
    Bad ass, Sorel like, warm winter boots on clearance.

A great mother fucking day

I am working on a show (which cannot yet be named) and the stars are a gay couple, and one of the guys keeps describing his boyfriend as 'a big pain in the butt' and I am laughing every fucking time.

DTTMMH: Friday, not having to see the ex's face because he took a day off, the bizarrely warm mornings that we've been having, and getting to wear comfy clothes to work. Can't wait to get out of this place! All in all I had an extremely productive week, which feels exceptionally nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    maybe when the check comes next time, just throw your dick on the table and be like "if you got the check, i got dessert"

Quote Originally Posted by boogieman View Post
    I missed the '.' after the word 'Wish' at first. I was about to mention how oddly specific that wish was, but then I learned to read properly.
    haha trust me, being a drunk taxi would not have been my first wish

So amazingly awesome. I hope she wins!!

Homeless Teen A Semi-Finalist In National Intel Science Competition
    BRENTWOOD, LONG ISLAND (WPIX)—
    Samantha Garvey is the talk of Long Island's Brentwood High School, and on the verge of muscling her way into college, even with the odds stacked against her.

She is a semifinalist for the prestigious National Intel Science Competition.She says it's hard to believe, since she and her family are homeless and struggling to get by.

"We were forced out of our homes just last year. It's kind of rough. It's not a house so you're worried about where you're going to be and what's going to happen," Samantha said.

She competed against 1,800 other students for the pre-college science challenge. She describes her project as a focus on ribbed mussels and how they respond to predators.

"If these mussels weren't able to compensate for the presence of predators, then they could die off. A world without mussels is really scary," she said as she was describing her project.

Now, the 17-year-old's brains and her mussels could be her ticket to a better life. She's hoping to get a scholarship to either Brown or Yale University next year. Her mother Olga teared up as she told us what this honor means for their family, now living at a Bay Shore homeless shelter.

"It's really a blessing. Everything I see is a blessing. She is a good daughter, a good student. She works hard," Olga said.

Samantha ranks in the top of her class, and she says her family's setbacks provide her with even more motivation.

"It's such a huge motivator. If I can do this, maybe I can go on and get ah house," Samantha said with a beaming smile.

If she does go on to win Intel's top prize, it will mean $100,000 for the Garvey family. Their first real chance at buying a home in years

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Mussels?? Seriously??
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Mussels?? Seriously??
    Delicious when steamed and served with a white wine sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Mussels?? Seriously??
    Delicious when steamed and served with a white wine sauce. So yea, a world without mussels would be sad.

Homeless chicks are hawt!

Even better, you can drop them off anywhere when you are done with your date!
    I wear caps with flat brims and sunglasses with white frames. I...DROOL...

mussels, i'll take mine in a red vodka sauce. please and thank you.

also, today is the first migraine free days in three days. FUCK YOU HEAD. YOU WILL NOT DEFEAT ME.

Good cold cuts and getting my eyebrows threaded.

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyGirl View Post
    So amazingly awesome. I hope she wins!!

BRENTWOOD, N.Y. -- A homeless New York teenager who's a national Intel science competition semifinalist won't be homeless for much longer.

Samantha Garvey and her family were offered a rent subsidized home by officials in the Long Island county where she goes to school.

Garvey is one of 61 Long Island students who have a chance at the competition's top prize of $100,000.

The 17-year-old and her family moved into a homeless shelter on Jan. 1.

Suffolk County officials made the housing announcement Friday morning at Brentwood High School, where Garvey is a senior. County official Steve Bellone says the Garvey family can move in about 10 days.

Garvey's Intel project focused on predators' effects on ribbed mussels.

She's one of 300 semifinalists nationally. Finalists will be announced later this month.
    http://www.kgw.com/news/national/Hom...137290298.html

Thread Information