Page 855 of 867 FirstFirst ... 355 755 805 845 853 854 855 856 857 865 ... LastLast
Results 21,351 to 21,375 of 21658

Thread: Dumb things that make you happy.

I guess this is considered happy.
    I used instacart today and instead of getting 4 sodas, I received 8.
    The 4 caffeine free cokes I wanted were sold out so I told the shopper to substitute it for regular coke. I don't know where the miscommunication happened cause in the messages, I clearly only asked for 4. Instacart charged me for 8, but later refunded me, and I got to keep the extra 4 sodas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    I guess this is considered happy.
    I used instacart today and instead of getting 4 sodas, I received 8.
    The 4 caffeine free cokes I wanted were sold out so I told the shopper to substitute it for regular coke. I don't know where the miscommunication happened cause in the messages, I clearly only asked for 4. Instacart charged me for 8, but later refunded me, and I got to keep the extra 4 sodas.
    I love instacart for this. Almost immediate refund and they don't ask to return. I've only had one bad experience where the shopper didn't communicate, made substitutions that we won't use and got wrong and/or rotten produce. Lesson learned. I will still use them but will get my produce on my own.

Sappy and Corny but.... DTTMMH:

Date night with Mr. Tisha. We're old and there's not much mystery and intrigue left in this relationship, but at least once or twice a week, one of us will declare "Date Night" and we turn off the TV, the computers, and the cell phones... turn on the music, and sit back and spend time together. I always learn something new about the man I've spent so many years with.* We're retired, I'm with him almost 24/7, but Date Night is my favorite part of the week.

*Last DN I learned he played my favorite band instrument - the glockenspiel - in the HS school band! How did I not know this?!
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I'm buried in paperwork, but I'm actually happy. For the first time in a few years I'm not going to have to file an extension and will be filing my tax returns on time.

I'm one of those A typical types that has ALWAYS been on top of my books. To the point where I reconciled to the bank online just about every day. When the bank statement came in, I was already done reconciling it for the month and would just pop in the beginning and ending balance and be done.

Since Covid hit and even before that, I have been seriously depressed and one of the biggest things that has suffered are my books. Now, I'm getting back on track and it feels amazing. We're having an Irish Fry up tonight celebrating getting through the holidays and even though I can take a break, I'm finding myself just wanting to get back at it to get it done. It's very liberating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I'm buried in paperwork, but I'm actually happy. For the first time in a few years I'm not going to have to file an extension and will be filing my tax returns on time.

I'm one of those A typical types that has ALWAYS been on top of my books. To the point where I reconciled to the bank online just about every day. When the bank statement came in, I was already done reconciling it for the month and would just pop in the beginning and ending balance and be done.

Since Covid hit and even before that, I have been seriously depressed and one of the biggest things that has suffered are my books. Now, I'm getting back on track and it feels amazing. We're having an Irish Fry up tonight celebrating getting through the holidays and even though I can take a break, I'm finding myself just wanting to get back at it to get it done. It's very liberating.
    I can totally relate. Nothing inspires me more than a sense of accomplishment. I always have a mess of paperwork to be sorted/filed/entered. When I start to see progress on it, it just makes me want to work harder to get through it.

Glad to hear you're doing this. Tackling the paperwork will do wonders for your state of mind as well and I'm all about cleaning up the mental mess. Even if you do a little every day. Remember that tiny leaps bring big changes.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    I can totally relate. Nothing inspires me more than a sense of accomplishment. I always have a mess of paperwork to be sorted/filed/entered. When I start to see progress on it, it just makes me want to work harder to get through it.

Glad to hear you're doing this. Tackling the paperwork will do wonders for your state of mind as well and I'm all about cleaning up the mental mess. Even if you do a little every day. Remember that tiny leaps bring big changes.
    Thank you for this! The goal is to FedEx it out to my CPA next Monday. The business tax isn't due to be filed until March 15th so that gives my guy plenty of time to get it done. Not to mention that I'm an accountant so what I give him is pristine and ready to go. All journal entries are done by me and the only thing he has to do is check it over to make sure everything seems to be in order with any new tax laws etc.

It will be a HUGE relief.

This is a Dumb Thing That Makes Me Happy about a Dumb Thing That Annoys Me -

Three years ago, I lost my voice as a complication of surgery. I've gained some of it back, but I sound nothing like I used to, and it is something I struggle with. It's stressful to talk, I hate the sound of my own voice, and I'm very self-conscious about it all. That's the dumb thing that annoys me, BUT....

My 90yo neighbor, Alma, is a retired librarian who has lived all over the world. Fascinating woman. Like me, she is a voracious reader and our common love of books has created a deep bond. She oohs and ahhs over each of my rare book finds, and we discuss her book club's latest find over tea and cake. Last year, Alma's glaucoma claimed the remaining wisps of her vision. It put a real crimp in her style. She no longer felt safe on her daily walk up the block, and the loss of her books was devastating to her. I started to walk with her to the end of the block and back every day. After one walk, she handed me a book and asked me to read the back cover to her. Then she told me I had a "nice reading voice." Flattery will get you everywhere, Alma!.... so I flipped to Chapter One and became Alma's audiobook. I've been reading to her every day since. She loves it.... and I can't say for sure, but I think my voice is getting stronger!

That is a very nice thing you do for her. Im sure shes very appreciative.

My grandpa had his "voice box" severed during surgery to remove a tumor. I never remembered him having a voice. He never regained it. It never seemed weird to me because it happened when I was a baby.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    That is a very nice thing you do for her. Im sure shes very appreciative.

My grandpa had his "voice box" severed during surgery to remove a tumor. I never remembered him having a voice. He never regained it. It never seemed weird to me because it happened when I was a baby.
    That's what happened to me (laryngeal paralysis). There are worse things that could happen, but for a "talker" like me, this has been difficult to deal with. I've tried vocal exercises for the past three years, but reading to Alma seems to have helped more than anything else. Don't get me wrong, my voice still sounds like smoke, gravel, and whiskey and it still cuts out and changes pitch without warning - but I can feel a difference after months of reading aloud for an hour+ a day.

Seventeen months ago, our wee ground-floor flat in Edinburgh was flooded with raw sewage and had to be gutted. The plumber blamed it on covid (not joking), and our insurance company of 20+ years would not respond to our many snail-mail, e-mail, and phone messages. It being a public health hazard and all, we had to pay for the clean-up and repairs ourselves.

After three months of letters and phone calls (all ignored), the insurance company contacted Mr. Tisha like it happened yesterday, provided a claim number, and asked for a convenient time to have an adjustor come and "assess the damage." Informed that the damage had already been ameliorated, and we were in the process of restoring the property, the insurance company went radio silent again. Covid and supply chain issues plagued the restoration and last month it was FINALLY completed - 16 months after the shit (literally) hit the fan. We sent the bill to The World's Worst Insurance Company (Towergate Insurance UK) and decided we'd have to sue them to get our money back.

Woke up this morning to find the full amount of the clean-up/restoration has been deposited into our bank account - no contact, no letter of explanation, nothing.

This SHOULD be a DTTAM, but I am doing cartwheels around the house today.

Seventeen months ago, our wee ground-floor flat in Edinburgh was flooded with raw sewage and had to be gutted. The plumber blamed it on covid (not joking), and our insurance company of 20+ years would not respond to our many snail-mail, e-mail, and phone messages. It being a public health hazard and all, we had to pay for the clean-up and repairs ourselves.

After three months of letters and phone calls (all ignored), the insurance company contacted Mr. Tisha like it happened yesterday, provided a claim number, and asked for a convenient time to have an adjustor come and "assess the damage." Informed that the damage had already been ameliorated, and we were in the process of restoring the property, the insurance company went radio silent again. Covid and supply chain issues plagued the restoration and last month it was FINALLY completed - 16 months after the shit (literally) hit the fan. We sent the bill to The World's Worst Insurance Company (Towergate Insurance UK) and decided we'd have to sue them to get our money back.

Woke up this morning to find the full amount of the clean-up/restoration has been deposited into our bank account - no contact, no letter of explanation, nothing.

This SHOULD be a DTTAM, but I am doing cartwheels around the house today.
    Wow, what a nightmare! So glad it worked out in the end though!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Wow, what a nightmare! So glad it worked out in the end though!
    I gotta hand it to Mr. T, he handled everything. I didn't do any of it (except pick out colours and stuff). I couldn't even look at the pictures of the damage. This devastated me. I love that little flat, I feel more at home there than anywhere else in the world. But I'm a germaphobe, and it was literally covered in human excrement. It's been completely gutted, but I don't know if I can ever feel comfortable there again. It feels..... violated.

I gotta hand it to Mr. T, he handled everything. I didn't do any of it (except pick out colours and stuff). I couldn't even look at the pictures of the damage. This devastated me. I love that little flat, I feel more at home there than anywhere else in the world. But I'm a germaphobe, and it was literally covered in human excrement. It's been completely gutted, but I don't know if I can ever feel comfortable there again. It feels..... violated.
    I'm glad it worked out, but sorry that you feel like that. To have that feeling taken from you is worse than the physical damage. Would you sell it?

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I'm glad it worked out, but sorry that you feel like that. To have that feeling taken from you is worse than the physical damage. Would you sell it?
    Two years before covid hit, we did an assessment of how much we use the flat and if it was worth keeping. It is. That's the closest we've come to even thinking about selling. In reality, our close friends and family use it as much as we do. When we're in the UK, we spend most of our time in southwest Scotland with the sheep, cows, and horses; but we escape to Edinburgh for a couple of days every few weeks because... Edinburgh .

Even though the cost to benefit ratio favors keeping the place, we have a deep, sentimental attachment to that flat and I don't think we'd sell it even if it weren't practical to keep it. The location is perfect (right on The Royal Mile), it's 400yo, one of the few survivors of The Great Fire of 1824, and we fell in love there! Edinburgh is where we go to recharge and reconnect. It's tiny and cozy and perfect - almost like a secret hiding place right in the middle of the city. For us, there is a comfort and spirit about that flat (the whole city really) that I just can't describe. We feel privileged to be her caretakers for a few decades, but now I feel like that is in jeopardy.

I totally get that this is my own hang-up and something I have to get over. Mr. T doesn't feel this way at all - he sees a brand new flat, which it is. I just can't get the image of those floors covered in shit out of my mind. I don't want a brand new shit-free flat, I want my old never-been-shitted-on flat.

I dont usually give a rat's ass about football, but it's nice to see my family and friends so happy about the Bengal's going to the Super Bowl.

My kids teacher had them make a bengals flag-and since they won, she had them make a bengals craft again

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

DP

I dont usually give a rat's ass about football, but it's nice to see my family and friends so happy about the Bengal's going to the Super Bowl.

My kids teacher had them make a bengals flag-and since they won, she had them make a bengals craft again
    My team sucks so they aren't even in the playoffs. I am neutral about the Bengals in general, but I was super happy they won tonight! I hope they win the Super Bowl!

My team sucks so they aren't even in the playoffs. I am neutral about the Bengals in general, but I was super happy they won tonight! I hope they win the Super Bowl!
    Me too!

I'm just excited about the halftime show! Oh man, it's gonna be GOOD!

I hope I'm not disappointed, by getting too excited lol.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I'm a baseball gal. The only reason I knew that the Rams were even contenders was because people lost their shit last night as I was driving home from a client. Fireworks and screaming and stupidity. I guess it's kind of exciting since it's new for LA to actually have a team of their own though.

An older gentlemen in line behind me at Target gave my son $20. My son was very grateful and said thank you 50 times. I guess all people dont suck.

An older gentlemen in line behind me at Target gave my son $20. My son was very grateful and said thank you 50 times. I guess all people dont suck.
    Wow-that's really nice! He just gave it to him for no reason?

Wow-that's really nice! He just gave it to him for no reason?
    He said he was really cute, and he has a lot of money and noone to spend it on. He said his wife and daughter died in a car wreck
    He was really surprised that Austin was reacting the way he did, he didnt think $20 was a lot of money. I think he gives away money a lot. He was wearing a fancy suit.

We were in line for a long ass time so thats how I heard his story.

I was hoping that Austin didnt hear the story about his family, but he did. I had the money in my purse and I said "here is your money the nice man gave to you" and he said "yeah he gave it to me because his family died" god dammit.

Anyway, Ive never had anything like that happen before and it was sweet. He made Austin very happy.

He said he was really cute, and he has a lot of money and noone to spend it on. He said his wife and daughter died in a car wreck
    He was really surprised that Austin was reacting the way he did, he didnt think $20 was a lot of money. I think he gives away money a lot. He was wearing a fancy suit.

We were in line for a long ass time so thats how I heard his story.

I was hoping that Austin didnt hear the story about his family, but he did. I had the money in my purse and I said "here is your money the nice man gave to you" and he said "yeah he gave it to me because his family died" god dammit.

Anyway, Ive never had anything like that happen before and it was sweet. He made Austin very happy.
    I think that's really sweet that he did that, and hopefully it made an impression on Austin and kindness and doing nice things for people, and can be one of those things he looks back at in life as he gets older. I wish there were more nice people doing nice things in our world.

Heading into midweek just full of Happy.

Two DTTMMH:

1. I bid on five lots in an on-line auction (MaxSold), and won all five with my minimum bid! Got three lots for $1/each, paid $20/each for the other two. In one of the $1 lots is a rare Spanish book that's been on my want list for at least eight years. I own other copies of the book, but this is a first edition. #booknerd

AND......

2. Mr. Tisha surprised me with a trip to Micanopy this weekend for Valentine's Day. Lots of antique shops. He'd better hide his wallet.

Thread Information