Page 843 of 867 FirstFirst ... 343 743 793 833 841 842 843 844 845 853 ... LastLast
Results 21,051 to 21,075 of 21663

Thread: Dumb things that make you happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I know what your husband is doing is frustrating, but I can't help but laugh the quarantine quarrels are hilarious.
    He still works. He's "essential". I on the other hand am stuck with a baby and no working car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    I made a $75 bet with my husband that he wouldn't make 10 protein drinks in a week from the protein powders (that's expired) that he won't let me throw away.
    Today, he mentioned I never said how big the drinks had to be and he could take shots. I told him he knew what I meant, but fine, do shots. He forgot to do the 10 shots. I have a feeling I'm going to win. I just need to not taunt him till Sunday.
    Dr. Google says they're still safe, but I'd sneak a couple of tablespoons out of that bottle every day until "he" finished it off.

How long does protein powder last after expiration date?

Unopened protein powder can last for years after the best before date. An unopened tub of protein powder kept in a cool, dry environment (a kitchen cupboard that isn't above a stove, for example) can easily last up to two years past the initial best before date.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

I won $75! I probably will never see it, but the satisfaction I have of knowing I'm right and my husband is wrong is worth it! I posted that I bet he wouldn't make and drink 10 expired protein shakes in a week. He drank 0. I can throw the protein powders away! Yay!

HD was renaming the color of the flooring that I wanted, so to get rid of the boxes with the old name they clearanced it 75% off, and I was able to buy enough for my entire house. Woo-hoo! ;
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 06-25-2020 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    HD was renaming the color of the flooring that I wanted, so to get rid of the boxes with the old name they clearanced it 75% off, and I was able to buy enough for my entire house. Woo-hoo! :cheerleader!;
    ��������

Those are supposed to be thumbs up. I'm on cell.

HD was renaming the color of the flooring that I wanted, so to get rid of the boxes with the old name they clearanced it 75% off, and I was able to buy enough for my entire house. Woo-hoo! ;

Yay for you - I love bargains like that!
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Yay for you - I love bargains like that!
    I have been eyeing the flooring for awhile, planning on putting it down once we finish the rental house. I just happened to look at it again and I seriously thought it was a mistake. I was so excited!

My husband makes breakfast every morning. Today he had to leave the house before I got up. Found this in the kitchen when I woke up. I him so freaking much!

Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

My husband makes breakfast every morning. Today he had to leave the house before I got up. Found this in the kitchen when I woke up. I him so freaking much!

Awwwww! I also like your fancy stove!

I was waiting for someone to dis on McDonalds. I McDonalds and will fight you if you dis them.

I'm glad he got you breakfast. Have you tried Wendy's breakfast? They claim they have the best breakfast. I'm not sure about that statement, but it's really good.

Awwwww! I also like your fancy stove!
    It's an induction, hubby insisted on it (he's the cook). It's a great range, but I don't like the controls being on the front like that. I inadvertently press buttons when I'm leaning in to reach into the microwave or the cabinet above the stove. Design flaw IMHO.

I was waiting for someone to dis on McDonalds. I McDonalds and will fight you if you dis them.
    I egg mcmuffins and filet o' fish, but I can't handle any of their burgers and haven't tried anything else. Except the fries, I like the fries. More than once, McDonald's has been a lifesaver during our north/south migrations in Europe. We're on the road for long hours, restaurant hours are unpredictable, recipes vary greatly from place to place, and we're usually pressed for time until we get to our destination - which is usually after restaurants close. McDonald's is McDonald's wherever you go in the world. A Big Mac on the outskirts of Paris tastes the exact same as a Big Mac in Chicago or Singapore. You're not going to open the wrapper and find out they put anchovies and lemon slices on their hamburgers here in Bumblefeck, Egypt. I am a bit of a foodie and love to explore new cuisines, but I appreciate that kind of consistency when I'm on the road. If all else fails, look for the Golden Arches. Plus, it's a little slice of home. In Edinburgh, we call it the US Embassy.

I'm glad he got you breakfast. Have you tried Wendy's breakfast? They claim they have the best breakfast. I'm not sure about that statement, but it's really good.
    Usually he makes a nice breakfast. I never used to eat breakfast before I married him but now my day doesn't feel right if I don't have it. Haven't tried Wendy's breakfast yet but I'm totally up for it.

It's an induction, hubby insisted on it (he's the cook). It's a great range, but I don't like the controls being on the front like that. I inadvertently press buttons when I'm leaning in to reach into the microwave or the cabinet above the stove. Design flaw IMHO.

I egg mcmuffins and filet o' fish, but I can't handle any of their burgers and haven't tried anything else. Except the fries, I like the fries. More than once, McDonald's has been a lifesaver during our north/south migrations in Europe. We're on the road for long hours, restaurant hours are unpredictable, recipes vary greatly from place to place, and we're usually pressed for time until we get to our destination - which is usually after restaurants close. McDonald's is McDonald's wherever you go in the world. A Big Mac on the outskirts of Paris tastes the exact same as a Big Mac in Chicago or Singapore. You're not going to open the wrapper and find out they put anchovies and lemon slices on their hamburgers here in Bumblefeck, Egypt. I am a bit of a foodie and love to explore new cuisines, but I appreciate that kind of consistency when I'm on the road. If all else fails, look for the Golden Arches. Plus, it's a little slice of home. In Edinburgh, we call it the US Embassy.
    I've never used an induction oven. I my gas oven, but I also love my air fryer. Is an induction oven kind of like a big air fryer?

I love food. Period. I am very adventurous with food, but I also like my good old standbys like McDonalds. McDonalds is like a beacon on the horizon now matter where you go.

I've never used an induction oven. I my gas oven, but I also love my air fryer. Is an induction oven kind of like a big air fryer?

I love food. Period. I am very adventurous with food, but I also like my good old standbys like McDonalds. McDonalds is like a beacon on the horizon now matter where you go.
    The oven is a standard oven and an air fryer, the cooktop is induction. I don't understand exactly how it works, but it heats by some magnetic voodoo under the glass top, not from direct heat. This might explain it:

How can you have heat without fire? It's not magic, it's science. Specifically, the science of induction, where strong electric fields can create heat. Induction cooktops use this to heat food without any flames or direct heat, cooking more efficiently than their gas or conventional electric cousins. And this lack of direct heat makes them safer, too: you can even put paper between an induction cooktop and a pan, and it won't catch fire.
    Even with the burner on high, you can pull a boiling pot of water off the "burner" and put your hand down where it was and you won't get burned. The glass will be warm from where the hot pan was sitting, but it won't burn. The same applies to the glass around the "burner" - it doesn't get hot so food doesn't burn on to the cook top. Even with all the burners turned on, the cook top won't heat anything unless the pan is in place (pans have to be stainless steel or cast iron). This photo explains it best.

They're expensive, but after Mom burned down the house while cooking (she has a tendency to leave the burners on), I wanted to get her an induction range but I was voted down by my jackhole of a brother who thought it was too expensive. Because yeah, Mom's life and her house aren't worth the extra $1,500.

McDonald's is like the Walmart of fast food

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Except the filet o' fish sammich and egg mcmuffins, right?

Except the filet o' fish sammich and egg mcmuffins, right?
    I hate seafood so the filet o' fish sounds nasty...lol.

I was starting to like you, but now... lol!

I like some seafood, but I have trouble getting past the fact that it's square. Why is it square???

Plus, I've never tried it because then I would have to forego all the other delicious choices of burgers and chicken sandwiches.

See what you started KT?!

I was starting to like you, but now... lol!
    It's okay, I don't like you either

Totally kidding.

RBW: so the fish filet is square? Have you ever eaten at Wendy's, all their patties are square (it's weird lol). Yet, the buns are round..?

Thread Information